PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

dexman
10-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Here is my situation. My outdrive is broke. I want to have a stamped concrete patio installed but I can only do one. Which one would you choose? Remenber winter is here and a patio does no good till summer. A dirt back yard is not that bad.

racecar.hotshoe
10-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Here is my situation. My outdrive is broke. I want to have a stamped concrete patio installed but I can only do one. Which one would you choose? Remenber winter is here and a patio does no good till summer. A dirt back yard is not that bad.
Looks like your mind is already made up injoy your new patio. :rolleyes:

beerjet
10-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Take the money and go get drunk . Neither one is ant good till next summer, you have plenty of time.

framer1
10-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Put in the patio....Work is slowing a little maybe you can get a bargain. Hey, it's just a thought :) To cold to boat anyways

New Mexico
10-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Fix the Boat!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROZ
10-14-2006, 02:38 PM
cool weather is a good time to set forms and pour cement :D
You have all winter to save the $$ to fix the boat... It'll make your wife happy.. Happy wives put out :D

phebus
10-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Pour the concrete, and then have lots of parties, and invite all your boating friends.
That should be good enough to get you some boat bitch gigs, and you won't have any pressure to fix your boat right away.
Win/Win

QuickJet
10-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Pour the concrete. Not only will it make the wife happy, come time to put money in the boat she won't put up much of a fight. A guy once asked what he could buy for his boat with 50 bucks. The reply was " A nice dinner for your wife. Do that enough times and soon you'll have thousands to spend on the boat."

GHT
10-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Dexman,
Good to hear from you again..... So, the Shockwave blew a drive? Well this is what I would do... Not that it means shit because it is only my own opinion.
Patio, do it and wait on the out-drive. Your patio will improve your home and that is the most improtant. You spend the most time there. You will find the time and money to put your boat on the water before Spring..
Just my .02.
By the way hope all if good for you and your family.

VanDeano
10-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Fix the boat.......how could you possibly enjoy anything knowing your boat is broke, let alone being able to sleep at night.

Run_em_Hard
10-15-2006, 06:41 AM
I just put a whole new outdrive, bellhousing, gimble ring, all XR for less than half the price of a new XR from Merc. Go to offshoreonly.com and look at their classifides. Some real good deals on there. Also e-bay will throw out some deals too, if you can find them.

jbone
10-15-2006, 06:46 AM
A dirt back yard is not that bad.
Dirt is not bad, but mud sucks big time, and do you really use the boat very much in the off season?
I say patio now, boat later.
J

v-drive
10-15-2006, 06:49 AM
Patio. Dothe drive yourself.......v-drive

Big Warlock
10-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Do the patio. You can work on getting the drive done less expensive than you think.

JetBoatRich
10-15-2006, 07:59 AM
House items usually come first :mad: and makes everyone feel better :cool:
enjoy the new patio set money a side a little at a time and fix the drive :cool:

framer1
10-15-2006, 08:43 AM
So what are you going to do, inquiring minds need to know :boxed:

FRENCHIE
10-15-2006, 10:58 AM
ARE YOU KIDINNG!!!!!...who am i gonna go to catalina with!!??... :rolleyes: :p

Debbolas
10-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This is a boating forum ;) Ya know ;)
:DFix the boat!!!! :D

VanDeano
10-15-2006, 11:26 AM
This is a boating forum ;) Ya know ;)
:DFix the boat!!!! :D
My thoughts exactly................

VanDeano
10-15-2006, 11:29 AM
I just put a whole new outdrive, bellhousing, gimble ring, all XR for less than half the price of a new XR from Merc. Go to offshoreonly.com and look at their classifides. Some real good deals on there. Also e-bay will throw out some deals too, if you can find them.
So true.......I just missed a deal on e-bay for a brand new lower half Bravo 1 outdrive for $1,000.00