PDA

View Full Version : Ufc

moneypit
10-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Rich Franklin just got Mui Tai'd to a broken nose.. Better go back to teaching. :idea:

Charley
10-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Rich Franklin just got Mui Tai'd to a broken nose.. Better go back to teaching. :idea:
well, hmm that may be a little stiff since going into this fight 21 of 22 opponents have been handled by Franklin...but he was handled hard by silva...speaking of which what happend to Liddel vs Silva? did the fight fall thru?
congrats to sherk and respect for florian, great fight!

GottaJet
10-14-2006, 09:20 PM
I've heard that Tyson will be stepping into the ring soon, but I'm not sure if it was taking place in the UFC or if it was a PRIDE fight. Do any of you guys know if this is going to happen??

moneypit
10-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Liddell/Silvia fight is off. Mike Tyson will be doing somewhat of a tour. Hes going to fight thugs and past sparring partners in 3 round matches.

dmontzsta
10-15-2006, 12:04 AM
I think he had his ribs broken too, which opened up his nose to a shattering. Anderson Silva is no joke, he completed destroyed probably one of the best UFC fighters. I dont know who else can give him competition, or if Rich will be able to bounce back and get passed him again. Sucks to see Rich lose his belt though.
Next UFC!!!
November.
Tim Silvia vs. Jeff Monson
Hughes vs. St.Pierre
December.
Liddell vs. Ortiz
I swear, the UFC just gets better and better...

BadKachina
10-15-2006, 01:32 AM
I think he had his ribs broken too, which opened up his nose to a shattering. Anderson Silva is no joke, he completed destroyed probably one of the best UFC fighters. I dont know who else can give him competition, or if Rich will be able to bounce back and get passed him again. Sucks to see Rich lose his belt though.
Next UFC!!!
November.
Tim Silvia vs. Jeff Monson
Hughes vs. St.Pierre
December.
Liddell vs. Ortiz
I swear, the UFC just gets better and better...
It just goes to show how strong Pride fighters really are.

Howie Feltersnatch
10-15-2006, 04:42 AM
UFC has nobody anywhere near the caliber of Emelianenko. This guy is a monster.
http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/index.php?mainpage=fighters&fID=61

JetBoatRich
10-15-2006, 07:16 AM
he didn't last too long :mad:

Charley
10-15-2006, 07:19 AM
Boy I have to agree and he can pound like a jackhammer in full guard, i would like to see Tim Sylvia fight Emelianenko

LLGirl
10-15-2006, 07:28 AM
gotta love the stupid statements made by armchair fans. Franklin lost to an incredible stand up fighter. No shame in that.
Silva was a bad match up for him. I think Joe Silva (ufc matchmaker) was hoping it would end up on the ground and Franklin could beat him there. They have a lot of money invested in Rich. Silva's only losses are to Takase and Chonan, a long time ago. At the post fight conference, Mike Swick told Dana that he wants to fight Silva next. Huge step up for him. Probably a tough matchup.
Sean Sherk was a freak last night. He's HUGE for 55. Not a super exciting style, but one that's hard to beat. He may have the belt for a while.
And Fedor isn't human. Not fair to compare him to normal people. He's 90% cyborg or something.
mrllgirl

dmontzsta
10-15-2006, 08:02 AM
At the post fight conference, Mike Swick told Dana that he wants to fight Silva next. Huge step up for him. Probably a tough matchup.
Wow. I think Silva would pick him apart also. Especially after watching Swicks last fight, he was gassing hard in the 3rd round.
BTW: The comment regarding Pride fithers being tougher, is only talk. Liddell has punched is way through a few pride fighters and I believe Hughes has also. It just all depends on the match up, but to say Pride fighters are stronger than UFC fighters is a little far fetched, they all train pretty damn hard.

Charley
10-15-2006, 08:33 AM
gotta love the stupid statements made by armchair fans. Franklin lost to an incredible stand up fighter. No shame in that.
with all due respect, what comments in particular >?

moneypit
10-15-2006, 08:35 AM
gotta love the stupid statements made by armchair fans.
mrllgirl
Umm yea?

LLGirl
10-15-2006, 08:44 AM
"Rich Franklin just got Mui Tai'd to a broken nose.. Better go back to teaching."
uh huh. And it's 'Muay Thai' for the record.

BadKachina
10-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Wow. I think Silva would pick him apart also. Especially after watching Swicks last fight, he was gassing hard in the 3rd round.
BTW: The comment regarding Pride fithers being tougher, is only talk. Liddell has punched is way through a few pride fighters and I believe Hughes has also. It just all depends on the match up, but to say Pride fighters are stronger than UFC fighters is a little far fetched, they all train pretty damn hard.
It's just an opinion but I do believe Pride fighters are the better fighters. Pride has been around longer and has the best fighters from around the world. As for Chuck punching his way through them, he's 2 and 1 in Pride and got knocked out by Quintin Jackson, who's not even the champion BTW. It's too bad they couldn't work out the details between Wanderlie and Liddell. That should have been a great fight. Hughes didn't fight in Pride, and noboby said they don't train pretty damn hard, I'm saying the level of talent is higher in Pride. I believe the that UFC will catch up with all the popularity it's gotten lately, but Pride has been filling 70k seat stadiums in Japan for quite some time now.

LLGirl
10-15-2006, 12:20 PM
I think Vanderlai/Liddell with UFC rules (no ring, no soccer kicks, no knees to downed opponent) plays very well for Chuck. I think he beats Silva in UFC. I would love to see him fight Quinton again. The different styles make that a pick em fight. Would be a great show for the fans.
And you're right, they routinely sell out 60k + seat arenas in Japan. Cool thing is that their fans are super respectful also. Won't hear any boos in the crowd, no disrespectful comments towards fighters, etc. Would be great to see some of that in the states. Hero's, shooto, pancrase, etc. are also great promotions with A level fighters across the board.

moneypit
10-15-2006, 01:16 PM
gotta love the stupid statements made by armchair fans.
mrllgirl
Unless you have your Professional fight card, I guess that makes you an armchair kinda guy yourself. Also I stand corrected on the mis-spelling of Muay Tai. Im actually closer to UFC than you think.
:wink: :wink:
BTW. He did get straight up beat. Why would anyone go into a fight with a Muay Tai fighter and not suspect a clinch AND not know how to get out of it. Rich has sat around the past six months doing nothing but commercials and getting paid smiling for the camera. He looked weak in the ring IMO. He also turned me off his last visit to Ultimate Fighter (as a coach) when he gave BS help to Matt Serra. He told Serra to go to his knees to avoid getting kicked. :idea: (another armchair fan opinion) :yuk:

LLGirl
10-15-2006, 02:52 PM
As a matter of fact moneypit, I do have my 'professional fight card'. I've been in this game for a long time, do still actively fight as a pro, and train/have trained with a lot of the fighters that you name drop on here. I'm still a licensed pro here in Ca and will be fighting again by the end of the year. That's the reason I take it to heart when fans make statements like you made. Do you really think that Franklin should quit this sport because of a loss to a guy like Silva? That's kind of a statement that uneducated fans usually make. I know you are a fan of the sport, and have clients that are fighters, that's why I found your statement odd.
My initial post wasn't made to insult you, funny how you knew exactly whose post I was talking about though. I love listening to the UFC talk on here. I am a fighter, but above all am still a huge fan of the sport. I'm not so much a name dropper, but I can assure you that I am very much on the inside in this game. Not an armchair fan.
That said, Franklin did get beat in a bad way last night. He'll be back, just like every other guy that loses a fight. Maybe some day we can hook up at the river, drink a beer, and talk about the fight game.
mrllgirl

ratso
10-15-2006, 02:57 PM
As a matter of fact moneypit, I do have my 'professional fight card'. I've been in this game for a long time, do still actively fight as a pro, and train/have trained with a lot of the fighters that you name drop on here. I'm still a licensed pro here in Ca and will be fighting again by the end of the year. That's the reason I take it to heart when fans make statements like you made. Do you really think that Franklin should quit this sport because of a loss to a guy like Silva? That's kind of a statement that uneducated fans usually make. I know you are a fan of the sport, and have clients that are fighters, that's why I found your statement odd.
My initial post wasn't made to insult you, funny how you knew exactly whose post I was talking about though. I love listening to the UFC talk on here. I am a fighter, but above all am still a huge fan of the sport. I'm not so much a name dropper, but I can assure you that I am very much on the inside in this game. Not an armchair fan.
That said, Franklin did get beat in a bad way last night. He'll be back, just like every other guy that loses a fight. Maybe some day we can hook up at the river, drink a beer, and talk about the fight game.
mrllgirl
...bada boom... :boxingguy :D

Howie Feltersnatch
10-15-2006, 03:14 PM
mrllgirl
screw that I vote for a cage match!

ratso
10-15-2006, 03:16 PM
screw that I vote for a cage match!
mrllgirl and moneypit??? :crossx:

LLGirl
10-15-2006, 03:24 PM
mrllgirl and moneypit??? :crossx:
Not without getting paid! Way past the fighting for free stage! But it wouldn't happen anyway, I don't dislike him just stating an opinion. :rollside:

moneypit
10-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Not without getting paid! Way past the fighting for free stage! But it wouldn't happen anyway, I don't dislike him just stating an opinion. :rollside:
Besides I dont get paid to fight... Only to fix the fighter..It would be great to hook up. Ok maybe he shouldnt go back to teaching. I just question how he defended his title. I was amazed of how sour he looked. His face look sunk. I don't think Rich is the kind of guy who would drop 10 the day before weigh ins.. but he looked that way.

Garrddogg
10-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Besides I dont get paid to fight... Only to fix the fighter..It would be great to hook up. Ok maybe he shouldnt go back to teaching. I just question how he defended his title. I was amazed of how sour he looked. His face look sunk. I don't think Rich is the kind of guy who would drop 10 the day before weigh ins.. but he looked that way.
Something was wrong with him, I have to look at the fight again but he must have cought an unblocked knee in a rib (or close) to drop both arms like that, Im a fan of Rich (not of the militich camp) and he had the look of "wholly fowkin chit!" in his face.. it even hurt me!! his nose was crawling over to his ear! :eek: I cant imagine not doing more to break free of the Tai clinch if his mid section wasnt hurt..
And as far as UFC vs Pride? not a fair comparison.. Take every one in ufc put them on the juice for a year or so, right up until and while they fight and see how it goes.. I mean have you EVER heard of a pride fighter being suspended for roids? look at Arona,wandy or even Mark Coleman. Not that the juice will give any skill but it will give a conditioning edge.. :idea:

Kilrtoy
10-15-2006, 11:55 PM
It's just an opinion but I do believe Pride fighters are the better fighters. .
Can someone help me here, they seem to stop the fights here quicker than the UFC

NOTALENT
10-16-2006, 05:56 AM
I didnt get to see, but heard alot of stuff about it. Im gonna be lookin for it on Youtube here shortly. I figured that rich was a bit rusty or was "showed the money". Sometimes it takes a loss like this to get back in the game. Havent you seen Rocky??? :rollside:
Pride and UFC. They definatley should try to stage fights between the two groups. They think they are making money now...Those would be some high dollar tickets. I have been thinking Tim Silvia Vs. Fedor as well. Its a good match up, but we know which way the cookie will crumble.

UltraClean
10-16-2006, 06:54 AM
ERRRRRR wRONG....Mirko CroCop has developed...Emelianenko won the 1st go round...but keep an eye open on there rematch...CroCop by left head kick KO :crossx:

NOTALENT
10-16-2006, 06:56 AM
ERRRRRR wRONG....Mirko CroCop has developed...Emelianenko won the 1st go round...but keep an eye open on there rematch...CroCop by left head kick KO :crossx:
Yup...the only person to beat him in his MMA Career.

Arkansas
10-16-2006, 08:02 AM
What a great show....Hated to see my boy Rich go down like that...very early on he had that "oh sh!t this is not gonna be my night" look...he can bounce back though...made no excuses and took his woopin like a champ...
Many props to Silva..should be a great champion and one that all MMA fans should have a great deal of respect for.

Brady Bunch
10-16-2006, 08:57 AM
This fight back fired right in the UFC's face. The UFC put this fight together with hopes that Franklin would win. The UFC does not want a champion that does not speak english. The look on Dana's face says it all when he was placing the belt on Silva.
I agree with the statment earlier. I believe Rich took a knee to the ribs very early and could not recover. He went to protect the body and left his head wide open. He looked freaked while in the clinch. He will be back!

Howie Feltersnatch
10-16-2006, 09:38 AM
CroCop is good. He looks just a half tick below fedor. Fedor is a machine with the hands and maybe even better on the ground. Gimme Fedor.

UltraClean
10-16-2006, 09:41 AM
CroCop is good. He looks just a half tick below fedor. Fedor is a machine with the hands and maybe even better on the ground. Gimme Fedor.
lol done...30pk on CroCop :)

Howie Feltersnatch
10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Done! HAHA! :)

Charley
10-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Franklin looked completely unconfident even walking up from the dressing rooms, his eyes were darting around like it was his last night he would walk into the ring as the champ... with all due respect I think his fears were realized minutes later....so now the real question is how will he come back, hungry? angry? ready? at least 2 of the 3 should make him a better fighter than he was that night.
Re: Silva not being an english speaking guy, I personally don't care, in fact based on the pre fight show the guys attitude and comments going into the fight here very humble and respectful, he even made a comment after the fight how he was excited to make the UFC his home. I can't see why he couldn't gain as many UFC fans as Franklin with his talent and attitude... just my opinion

Arkansas
10-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Franklin did have a "lost" look on his face coming in...it was strange..Any chance he had a very recent training injury?
I believe they even said his wife as at one of his fights for the very first time. I'm sure that didn't really effect the outcome but if you've been winning pretty handily with her not there..why change now? imo

UltraClean
10-20-2006, 08:56 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/ftsblazer/LIGHTSOUT.jpg
CroCop by left round kick to head :crossx:

Garrddogg
10-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Franklin did have a "lost" look on his face coming in...it was strange..Any chance he had a very recent training injury?
I believe they even said his wife as at one of his fights for the very first time. I'm sure that didn't really effect the outcome but if you've been winning pretty handily with her not there..why change now? imo
Not his wifes first time, It was her parents first time seeing him fight!

Arkansas
10-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the clarification Force26...I was a little hammered by that time...
I suggest the UFC hire a HOT CHICK to translate for Silva...if you check out Fedors interview from Vegas on Sherdog his translator chick is not bad looking and I totally forget about him not speaking English...good idea IMO.

Mrs.Racer277
10-20-2006, 10:24 AM
mrllgirl
Hi there Mr.LLGirl
Gotta love this place. :p :p Hope to see you guys soon. :)

Bense468
10-20-2006, 11:02 AM
chuck did lose to rampage and just didn't seem to be on his game. Maybe injured who knows. Lots of drama around that fight.
Chuck and Wanderlei would be a good fight and its interesting to see the polls online that a lot of people think wanderlei would win in a knockout.
Cro Cop and Fedor are bad ass.
I am actually off to havasu right now, then driving to vegas tomorrow for the pride fight. We have 14 tickets. Should be pretty cool.

XtrmWakeborder
10-20-2006, 12:04 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/ftsblazer/LIGHTSOUT.jpg
CroCop by left round kick to head :crossx:
I'm with you on this one....nothing would hurt more than one of his kicks to the head.

intense
10-20-2006, 08:47 PM
chuck did lose to rampage and just didn't seem to be on his game. Maybe injured who knows. Lots of drama around that fight.
Chuck and Wanderlei would be a good fight and its interesting to see the polls online that a lot of people think wanderlei would win in a knockout.
I am actually off to havasu right now, then driving to vegas tomorrow for the pride fight. We have 14 tickets. Should be pretty cool.
chucks on top of his game right now and not afraid to take any fight. He said he will knock out tito again even faster and I believe him. my money's on the iceman.

LaveyOne
10-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I've been to several of the UFC events and I love the fights as much as anyone ...
BUT does anyone else think that they're pushing them out too frequently? :idea:
I'm thinking at this rate, no champion could hold on to the title for too long, not to mention fan-base burnout. :boxingguy :sleeping:
I just hope that ZUFFA and Dana White doesn't burn this thing out too quickly. It is, BY FAR, the best competitive sport out right now. That being said ...
"BRING IT ON !!!" :crossx:

UltraClean
10-21-2006, 07:35 AM
im jealous!!! have fun and take some pics!!

UltraClean
10-21-2006, 07:38 AM
I've been to several of the UFC events and I love the fights as much as anyone ...
BUT does anyone else think that they're pushing them out too frequently? :idea:
I'm thinking at this rate, no champion could hold on to the title for too long, not to mention fan-base burnout. :boxingguy :sleeping:
I just hope that ZUFFA and Dana White doesn't burn this thing out too quickly. It is, BY FAR, the best competitive sport out right now. That being said ...
"BRING IT ON !!!" :crossx:
Ya I agree there is an event once a month...that is getting expensive!!! I remember when they had one every 3-6 months!!! They are trying to market this sport aggressively lately....we will see ehat happens