PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Speed & Marine- stand up guys

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2006, 12:02 PM
After a certain So Cal shop (that shall remain nameless) left my distributor loose on one of my motors...the resulting 60 degrees advanced timing left one of my motors making some very expensive noises.
Aaron and Matt worked their asses off to get the milktruck ready for the Poker Run. Although a bad MSD box on the other motor (and a bunch of water from the sky) kept the boat on the trailer...those guys went waaaaay out of their way to help me out on a weekend they should even have been at the shop.
All I gotta say is that the dedication these guys have to their customers is very rare today.

boatnam2
10-16-2006, 12:03 PM
man riverliver and any01 will be devastated to know god screwed up!

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2006, 12:13 PM
man riverliver and any01 will be devisatated to know god screwed up!
All I gotta say is that it might be time to swap stickers on the boat and truck- for good.

soupersonic
10-16-2006, 12:21 PM
After a certain So Cal shop (that shall remain nameless) left my distributor loose on one of my motors.
Go ahead and sling some mud bro, Im going to once mine is running again :)

Devil's Advocate
10-16-2006, 12:55 PM
I want to be able to make a sticky when I want.. :rolleyes: :D :D

Jordy
10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
I want to be able to make a sticky when I want.. :rolleyes: :D :D
I'm sure a few of your pics have made some stickies around this crowd. ;)
BTW, nice work Absolute!!! :D

phebus
10-16-2006, 01:02 PM
I owe them some beer for their outstanding tech service. Thanks for the reminder.

No Name
10-16-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm sure a few of your pics have made some stickies around this crowd. ;) :D
I had to read that twice before I got it. LMFAO. :)

Deano
10-16-2006, 01:13 PM
I rolled in there unannounced on Friday. They jumped right in and put a new water pump and belts on for me. I was on the water before noon. Can’t beat that. :)

andy01
10-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Now now now, why do you have to drag me into this. I think it is great the other owner of Absoute was riding in HH's boat for the weekend and they tried to get it done since he had sold his Skater.
I have heard good thing about Absolute in the past and not so good things. In fact I have heard good things and not so good things about every boat shop/ boat builder I 've ever heard about. Just those people can't make stickys out of them.......... :)
HH how was that 7 to drive home?
Andy

Devil's Advocate
10-16-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm sure a few of your pics have made some stickies around this crowd. ;)
BTW, nice work Absolute!!! :D
:supp: Great, thanks Jordy. :messedup:

superdave013
10-16-2006, 03:02 PM
So what you are saying is you don't take a timing light to the lake either? lol

HavasuBarney
10-16-2006, 03:32 PM
And while your down there....

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2006, 04:06 PM
I think it is great the other owner of Absoute was riding in HH's boat for the weekend and they tried to get it done since he had sold his Skater.
Actually, this is the second good experience I've had with them. The first time was warrantying the water pumps the other shop put in, and Dan wasn't even there (or an owner) back then.
Just those people can't make stickys out of them.
I'm just trying to keep this positive like the old days...which is not always easy on this board...lol.
HH how was that 7 to drive home?
Although it was nice to drive, I kinda liked the backseat. The damn thing was like a limo...watching a DVD, sipping a beverage while your chauffeur...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/dan_driving.jpg
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/dan's_speedo.jpg
...cruises at 120MPH...lol.

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2006, 04:11 PM
So what you are saying is you don't take a timing light to the lake either? lol
I guess I'm not used to having to time a motor at 75MPH in 3' swells in the ocean...lol.

Phat Matt
10-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Although it was nice to drive, I kinda liked the backseat. The damn thing was like a limo...watching a DVD, sipping a beverage while your chauffeur...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/dan's_speedo.jpg
Where are your life jackets!!! You are unsafe cruising at those speeds!

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2006, 04:16 PM
I should have taken the picture with no hands on the wheel...lol.
:D
PS- who the hell was drunk-dialing me on Saturday night? :notam:

superdave013
10-16-2006, 04:20 PM
I guess I'm not used to having to time a motor at 75MPH in 3' swells in the ocean...lol.
wow, those guys must be good. I mean, being in Havasu and all and they busted the hump to get you ready to run in the ocean. That's impressive!
Back to the timing light. I would expect you to slow down to at least 60 to time the engine. ;)
BTW, the praise you are giving is pretty much what Tom Papp Racing does eveyday for the tatter chip crowd. Glad to hear he's not the only one that goes above and beyond.

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2006, 04:29 PM
wow, those guys must be good.
Yeah...I didn't know I had hurt the motor until it started popping back through the blower under load. I took it to Aaron, and 80% leakdown confirmed a few cracked and stretched valves, and dropped a couple seats- it could have been alot worse (I think running AV gas helped).

Kilrtoy
10-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Now now now, why do you have to drag me into this. I think it is great the other owner of Absoute was riding in HH's boat for the weekend and they tried to get it done since he had sold his Skater.
Andy
And you talk about Dave and Charley, This is even worse :boxed:

mbrown2
10-16-2006, 06:37 PM
I would never have Dog work on an engine of mine.....heard a lot of good things about the Dog and referred a friend due to his Whipple skills...the rest is history...lots of lies, empty promises, and several issues after it was supposedly completed...
Great to hear Aaron and group stepped up to try and correct something somebody else screwed up...by the way; it was Aaron that had to correct the Dog's work on my buddy's boat after two same part failures due to issues with the Dog's rebuild..

mbrown2
10-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Why you driving around with some naked dude in a bimmer? You guys kill me with your Homosu outings...:)

INSman
10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
150 in a Skater and 120 in a BMW, where does it end ?? :220v: :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2006, 07:09 PM
150 in a Skater and 120 in a BMW, where does it end ?? :220v: :rollside:
120MPH was when he slowed down...lol. :supp:

Pussywhippled
10-16-2006, 08:28 PM
After a certain So Cal shop (that shall remain nameless) left my distributor loose on one of my motors...the resulting 60 degrees advanced timing left one of my motors making some very expensive noises.
Aaron and Matt worked their asses off to get the milktruck ready for the Poker Run. Although a bad MSD box on the other motor (and a bunch of water from the sky) kept the boat on the trailer...those guys went waaaaay out of their way to help me out on a weekend they should even have been at the shop.
All I gotta say is that the dedication these guys have to their customers is very rare today.
Only took you this long to figure out you'd be better off taking your boat to Sears to get worked on.

Huckleberry
10-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Don't even get me started on the quality of work turned out by God. Aaron on the other hand is making a KILLING cleaning up the shitty work done in God's shop. He had to fix mine after 1 1/2 years in God's hands!

ahhell
10-17-2006, 05:02 AM
Im glad to hear about his good work, my boats there now...the water was a little low up-river last week :cry:

voodoomedman
10-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Im glad to hear about his good work, my boats there now...the water was a little low up-river last week :cry:
Your boats in good hands. Brian even waves to me out on the water and I just have 496 so all I really get done there is annual service.

Pussywhippled
10-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Don't even get me started on the quality of work turned out by God. Aaron on the other hand is making a KILLING cleaning up the shitty work done in God's shop. He had to fix mine after 1 1/2 years in God's hands!
Nobody wanted to hear it from me a year ago...
I was just the ass trying to start trouble, and causing drama for all of his loyal boy toy followers.
No, I was a customer who spent over $15k in a month's period, and still had to take my boat somewhere else to get it right.

unleashed
10-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Aaron is the best in the biz right now...hands down. My boat does not go anywhere else!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

LaveyOne
10-17-2006, 08:24 AM
No, he's perfectly safe. didn't you see the radar detector on the windshield? :220v:
As for Aaron, Brian and the crew ... they are OUTSTANDING !!! Still find it hard to believe that they can take care of so many customers with such excellent service, so often. They really have helped me out in several sticky situations and I am extremely grateful. Hope all went well for the regatta and poker run. :rollside:

playdeep
10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
...this thread could get several pages long,with all of the people that Aaron's helped out of a jam..

KROOZIN
10-17-2006, 09:59 AM
They are the BEST!!! :D :D :D

INSman
10-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Aaron is the best in the biz right now...hands down. My boat does not go anywhere else!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
Same here, except that Brian does most of the work on my boat..

OGShocker
10-17-2006, 03:38 PM
So let me understand this "sticky thread"..... You took you boat to a boat shop, they worked on it and did a good job. That is what we all hope happens and why we pay the price to have others work on our boats. That gets them a sticky? Other shops pay advertising dollars to have a presents on the HBF. I guess being one of your best friends has it's upsides, hey milkman? :rolleyes:
Just one more reason Hot Boat should pull your position as a Moderator.

Pussywhippled
10-17-2006, 03:42 PM
So let me understand this "sticky thread"..... You took you boat to a boat shop, they worked on it and did a good job. That is what we all hope happens and why we pay the price to have others work on our boats. That gets them a sticky? Other shops pay advertising dollars to have a presents on the HBF. I guess being one of your best friends has it's upsides, hey milkman? :rolleyes:
No, I think what he's trying to say is GT Performance sucks...

Havasu Hangin'
10-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Actually, before you got here, we used to mainly use this board for sharing "positive" experiences. With all the negative drama, I thought I'd try to get it back on a "positive tip" by sharing some good experiences.
So let me understand this "sticky thread".....
Do you think I don't know how to keep a thread at the top without a "sticky"? I guess I'm just a little lazy...but putting up a "sticky" about a positive experience has nothing to do with advertising- just sharing my positive experience....which is what this board used to be all about.
Aaron is not one of my best friends...nor do I recieve any compensation from Hot Boat or Absolute....just trying to keep it real.
Nice- it's guys like you that make being a moderator so much fun.

LHC30Victory
10-17-2006, 05:42 PM
They are the BEST!!! :D :D :D
WOW! Such poetry.
You dont have any particular interest here do you ??? :argue: :rolleyes: :)

OGShocker
10-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Actually, before you got here, we used to mainly use this board for sharing "positive" experiences. With all the negative drama, I thought I'd try to get it back on a "positive tip" by sharing some good experiences.
That is rich! You started your "positive tip" by stating other "So Cal" shops made many mistakes on your boat.
Do you think I don't know how to keep a thread at the top without a "sticky"? I guess I'm just a little lazy...but putting up a "sticky" about a positive experience has nothing to do with advertising- just sharing my positive experience....which is what this board used to be all about.
One of my very good friends owns a shop in So Cal. I have had dealings with his shop for many years. I have always left the shop with my boat working perfectly, as it should be. If I or others have a service company, that does a great job, contact you so you can put our "positive tip" thread up as a "sticky"? I am sure we can all be a little "lazy" at times.
Aaron is not one of my best friends...nor do I recieve any compensation from Hot Boat or Absolute....just trying to keep it real.
Do you not recieve certain compensation from a partner of Absolute, in the form of free boat slipage?
Nice- it's guys like you that make being a moderator so much fun.
If this fun is too much for you, bow out. I doubt more than five people would be upset. Your holier than thou attitude as a moderator is well known by most.
Lastly, I have never met nor do I have any problems with Aaron, Dan or Absolute. Should anything ever happen to our boat while we are in Havasu, Absolute would be my first choice as a local shop.

Havasu Hangin'
10-17-2006, 07:21 PM
That is rich! You started your "positive tip" by stating other "So Cal" shops made many mistakes on your boat.
Yes. And Matt and Aaron left their own party, put down their beers, and worked on my boat- not sure how many shops would do that. They also gave me this kind of attention several weeks ago, when Dan wasn't even there, or even thought about being a partner yet.
One of my very good friends owns a shop in So Cal. I have had dealings with his shop for many years. I have always left the shop with my boat working perfectly, as it should be. If I or others have a service company, that does a great job, contact you so you can put our "positive tip" thread up as a "sticky"? I am sure we can all be a little "lazy" at times..
Go ahead and make it a sticky. Wait...you can't...nevermind...lol.
Do you not recieve certain compensation from a partner of Absolute, in the form of free boat slipage?
No...my boat is stored in Havasu (which I pay monthly for). Not sure where you are going with that?
If this fun is too much for you, bow out. I doubt more than five people would be upset.
I actually enjoy this place. It does try my patience when I get whiny PMs, but the majority of friends I have made make it all worthwhile.
Although you may percieve me as "holier than thou"...those that know me understand that I am not an "internet tough guy"- if you would like to take this offline, I will be more than happy to talk to you in person- just send me another PM.

mbrown2
10-17-2006, 07:27 PM
I doubt more than five people would be upset. Your holier than thou attitude as a moderator is well known by most.
HH....don't lose sleep....I will be one of the 5...
you may be an idiot, but you are our idiot, and don't try and hide that fact.......plus the abuse of power gives hope that democracy does not reign on the internet...:)

OGShocker
10-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Although you may perceive me as "holier than thou"...those that know me understand that I am not an "Internet tough guy"- if you would like to take this offline, I will be more than happy to talk to you in person- just send me another PM.
I never accused you of being any kind of "tough guy", Internet or otherwise. You must be a good boxer, you sure are good at ducking and weaving.
As for "whiny" PM's, if I sent them to you, post'em up. I have nothing to hide in here. Can you post them without changing their content? I doubt it.
As for me posting a sticky, I just don't need titular power.
PS. I fixed your spelling errors.

superdave013
10-17-2006, 08:46 PM
No, I think what he's trying to say is GT Performance sucks...
Yup, that's the way this thread reads to me also.
H.H., I know you could care less but you lost my respect with this one.
OG is spot on.

kanedog
10-17-2006, 08:50 PM
cool, an internet fight

Havasu Hangin'
10-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Well, that's kinda sad.
I've been a (non-paid) cheerleader for everything from DCB...to stereo stuff...to a place to get LEDs...and I only did it to help others who were going down a path I've been before.
As a business owner, surely you can appreciate when customers say something positive about your service. I don't do it very often, but I do it when it's warranted.
That's what this board started as...hopefully it can get back on track once in awhile. If one guy can be on the water because of something I posted, then the thread did it's job. Sticky or not, it's the right thing to do.

OGShocker
10-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Well, that's kinda sad.
I've been a (non-paid) cheerleader for everything from DCB...to stereo stuff...to a place to get LEDs...and I only did it to help others who were going down a path I've been before.
As a business owner, surely you can appreciate when customers say something positive about your service. I don't do it very often, but I do it when it's warranted.
That's what this board started as...hopefully it can get back on track once in awhile. If one guy can be on the water because of something I posted, then the thread did it's job. Sticky or not, it's the right thing to do.
Or NOT is the point. A sticky was the wrong way to go about it. That was my point.

superdave013
10-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Well, that's kinda sad.
I agree with giving props to those who earn it. Just the way I read this thread is it's more of a between the lines bash on another shop is all. And I just don't think that a mod should have made a sticky out of that.
I do understand the mod deal. I tossed in the towel long ago and am glad I did. This is your show I guess so rock on with your bad self. Just don't get to worked up when others call you on some B.S. from time to time.

Jbb
10-18-2006, 04:07 AM
H.H., I know you could care less but you lost my respect with this one.
OG is spot on.
SD....You have been on this board for how many years now?...5-6 maybe....and because Jeff has had problems with a shop.....and great results with another ....and says so....he has lost your respect?.....
Tell me you were just kidding,..and forgot to put the laughing smiley face after that comment...
The direction this thread has taken really surprises me........ :yuk:
............and so it goes.... :rolleyes:

ChumpChange
10-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Do you think I don't know how to keep a thread at the top without a "sticky"?
Like this?