PDA

View Full Version : Boat retail business for sale in LHC ?

LhcBrad
10-16-2006, 01:38 PM
boat retail sales
Industry: Retail > Other Retail
Business Summary
beautiful lake havasu city az.areas largest retail boat brokerage and rv sales and service center,over 600 units per year 12 million in sales
Financials
Asking Price Range: $1.0M - $2.5M
Gross Revenues: $12
Cash Flow: $400
Cash Flow Type: EBITDA
Inventory: na
Seller Financing: Yes
About The Business
Year Established: 1986
Number of Employees: 20 - 34
Relocatable: No
Franchise: No
Current Real Estate: Owned
About The Sale
Management Training and Support: yes
Reason For Selling: retireing
Anyone have any idea who this might be? sounds like Boat Brokers
Here is the link
http://www.globalbx.com/listing.asp?bId=4469

Havasu_Dreamin
10-16-2006, 01:44 PM
sounds like Boat Brokers
Having had the opportunity to meet the owners of the Boat Brokers yesterday I don't think it is them.

Big Kahunaa
10-16-2006, 01:47 PM
it's magic they are getting into paying off drug dealers

BoatPI
10-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I am not aware of any boat dealer in AZ that sells more boats than Dean Messmer at The Boat Brokers.

2Driver
10-16-2006, 04:18 PM
We were living in LHC in 1986 and remember the Boat Brokers opening the business then. A rented chain link fence around a dirt lot off Acoma I think. Started with 3 or 4 consigned boats and advertised like crazy. Quite a success story. Town had a whopping 17K people then. Ahh the good days.....
If you are interested just call the agent?

roln 20s
10-16-2006, 06:29 PM
I've met the entire Messmer family and speak with them when I am in Havasu-wonderful people-I have the understanding that they have gotten where they are today from hard work, always open and the motto "everything is forsale for the right price." If they are ready to sell, wow, what a great business to buy :)
Roln 20s

Hardly Satisfied
10-17-2006, 01:41 AM
it's magic they are getting into paying off drug dealers
what

Kachina26
10-17-2006, 02:45 AM
what
You missed a good one today.............. click (http://***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2197590&postcount=110)

BoatPI
10-17-2006, 05:26 AM
We need Wild Bill who works for Dean to chime in here?????

BoatFloating
10-17-2006, 07:17 AM
I don't think it's the Boat Brokers because it says RV sales too.I can't remember the name of the business but it next to Walmart same side of the street maybe that place but there is a few other places that sell RVs and boats too.

Mrs.Racer277
10-17-2006, 07:24 AM
I don't think it's the Boat Brokers because it says RV sales too.I can't remember the name of the business but it next to Walmart same side of the street maybe that place but there is a few other places that sell RVs and boats too.
Cowboys RV Mart???
Next to Walmart on Kiowa

BoatPI
10-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Dean sells everything that makes money, a sharp guy. His RV and trailers sales is across the street from his boat dealership facing highway 95. He also sells golf carts, etc.

syke-o
10-17-2006, 08:43 AM
actually a pretty inexpensive asing price at 1-2 mil, if they are doing 12 million in sales annually

BoatFloating
10-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Cowboys RV Mart???
Next to Walmart on Kiowa
Yep that's it... Thanks girlfriend.
Why wouldn't the ad name the business????

wildbillg
10-17-2006, 01:56 PM
WOW talk about diggin up some old stuff on the internet....
Well yes it "WAS" The Boat Brokers, this is a listing from a site that Dean had found when he "WAS" thinking about how nice it would be to have some time to call his own. But Since June of 2003, he has had a change of heart and is going to continue to run a thriving boat business in lake havasu, with the onset of his family members and knowing that "IF" he should retire The Boat Brokers will continue to serve its many happy customers and is looking forward to MANY MANY more happy years of continued success.
So with all that said and done who wants to be the first one to buy a boat this week...

seanv
10-17-2006, 02:11 PM
your kidding right billy? i just sold my house and the toys and quit my job so i could be your boss.

Havasu1986
10-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Why does it say at the bottom 2001-2006 all rights reserved

wildbillg
10-17-2006, 02:18 PM
your kidding right billy? i just sold my house and the toys and quit my job so i could be your boss.
LOL
SORRRRRY...
Like I said that is soooooo old Dean didnt even remember it.
ummmm June of 2003.
just give back the money and get your stuff back
ya cant be my boss...............

seanv
10-17-2006, 02:20 PM
LOL
SORRRRRY...
Like I said that is soooooo old Dean didnt even remember it.
ummmm June of 2003.
just give back the money and get your stuff back
ya cant be my boss...............
god damnit! (in my best cartman voice) :crossx: :crossx:
soooo, any sweet deals on a 30daytona??? make ya a deal on a 31 a.o. :p

wildbillg
10-17-2006, 02:22 PM
god damnit! (in my best cartman voice) :crossx: :crossx:
soooo, any sweet deals on a 30daytona??? make ya a deal on a 31 a.o. :p
hmmmmm
do I really want a 31 AO? NOT
Ill find you one soon if your serious.........

Havasu1986
10-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Still there

wildbillg
10-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Still there
yup
hes working on getting it taken care of...
Sorry to burst anyones bubble about becoming a boat dealer here in Havasu.... :rolleyes:

seanv
10-17-2006, 02:26 PM
hmmmmm
do I really want a 31 AO? NOT
Ill find you one soon if your serious.........
nah im dead broke after buying all my stuff back. you know how much i regret not going thru u when i got this boat.
lookin like a few years unti l i do anything crazy unless the deal of the millinium falls into my lap.
sorry i havent been out to see you and chuck lately.

BoatPI
10-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks Wild Bill, I knew it had to be Dean's place and thay u could give the answer. Dean is a straight up guy so I am glad that he changed his mind.
As a side note perahps u or Dean could start a thread the next time he begins some work on small neighborhood parks. We have many here that could contribute to a good cause and have some excellent ideas for small zero scape natural parks.

BoatPI
10-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks Wild Bill, I knew it had to be Dean's place and thay u could give the answer. Dean is a straight up guy so I am glad that he changed his mind.
As a side note perhaps u or Dean could start a thread the next time he begins some work on small neighborhood parks. We have many here that could contribute to a good cause and have some excellent ideas for small zero scape natural parks.

LhcBrad
10-18-2006, 10:27 AM
WOW talk about diggin up some old stuff on the internet....
Well yes it "WAS" The Boat Brokers, this is a listing from a site that Dean had found when he "WAS" thinking about how nice it would be to have some time to call his own. But Since June of 2003, he has had a change of heart and is going to continue to run a thriving boat business in lake havasu, with the onset of his family members and knowing that "IF" he should retire The Boat Brokers will continue to serve its many happy customers and is looking forward to MANY MANY more happy years of continued success.
So with all that said and done who wants to be the first one to buy a boat this week...
Does Dean know that this is still online? I was just browsing and came across it. 3 yrs is a long time for a stale link.
OOPPPPS i stand corrected the link is now gone-- sorry about that