PDA

View Full Version : Number 300 Million: Latino newborn Los Angeles boy

desertbird
10-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Image that? :rolleyes:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A baby boy of Latino heritage, born in Los Angeles on Tuesday, might well be the 300 millionth American. The 200 millionth, a Chinese-American lawyer in Atlanta, says he'll be very relieved.
U.S. population will top 300 million at about 7:46 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, nearly 39 years after the 200 million mark was reached on November 20, 1967.
"The demographers will tell you I clearly didn't fit the statistics of what ... the 200 millionth should have been," said Robert Woo, who drew a media spotlight as No. 200 Million when he was born.
Now a Harvard-educated attorney, Woo said he would be relieved to pass the torch to No. 300 Million, but added that no one person could personify the U.S. population.
"It's such a diverse country that it would be impossible to find a typical or average state, town or neighborhood that would represent the country -- trying to identify an individual would be just impossible," Woo said in a telephone interview.
It is possible to make an educated guess at who the 300 millionth American will be, said demographer William Frey of the Brookings Institution.
"I predict it's going to be a Latino baby boy, born in Los Angeles to a Mexican immigrant mother," Frey said by telephone.
This prediction makes sense, Frey said, because about half of U.S. population growth is due to Hispanics, the biggest gains in the Hispanic population are in Los Angeles, more boys are born than girls and the U.S. population is growing more due to natural increase than through immigration.
"In theory, it could be anybody who crosses a border, who comes off a plane as a new immigrant or is born anywhere in the United States but if you have to put the odds on high probability, I would say my guess is pretty good," Frey said.
The 300 million mark has prompted alarm from some environmentalists, who question whether the country's natural resources can support additional population.
The United States is the only major industrial nation whose population is substantially increasing. Only China and India have more people.
Frey said it was important to prepare for future growth.
"I think that it's much easier to project ahead the population of the United States and get scared about it than it is to project ahead what kinds of scientific and technological innovations will allow us to support that population growth," he said.
U.S. population only reached 100 million in 1915, when Woodrow Wilson was president and the cost of a new home was $3,200 -- $64,158 in 2006 dollars, according to the Census.
Life expectancy at birth was 54.5 years, compared with 77.8 years now. Fewer than one in four women -- 23 percent -- worked outside the home, compared with 59 percent in 2006. The most popular baby names were John and Mary; they are now Jacob and Emily.
U.S. population is expected to top 400 million in 2043.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061016/ts_nm/life_usa300million_dc;_ylt=AjThiOnyzW2ACeh8PbIlq_V g.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTA4b3FrcXQ0BHNlYwMxNjkz

Kilrtoy
10-16-2006, 05:28 PM
a latino in l.a. ??? come on, no shit ?? :rolleyes: ;) keyes
Where do LATINO's come from.
I have heard of mexican's
even brazilians,
But not latino's :boxed:

NashvilleBound
10-17-2006, 02:51 AM
even brazilians,
Latinos aka Wetbacks, aka Beeeeners.... They come from a Jacked up gene pool land just south of CA.

jbone
10-17-2006, 03:59 AM
even brazilians,
Same place Hispanics come from.
This prediction makes sense, Frey said, because about half of U.S. population growth is due to Hispanics, the biggest gains in the Hispanic population are in Los Angeles, more boys are born than girls and the U.S. population is growing more due to natural increase than through immigration.
Sounds like a constant flow of Raider fans.
J

RitcheyRch
10-17-2006, 04:20 AM
No way. Another Latino in LA. Thats like saying there no crime in Compton.

jbone
10-17-2006, 04:26 AM
No way. Another Latino in LA. Thats like saying there no crime in Compton.
I think you mean "there IS crime in Compton"
Or like saying there is sand at the beach.
J

707dog
10-17-2006, 05:14 AM
Latinos aka Wetbacks, aka Beeeeners.... They come from a Jacked up gene pool land just south of CA.
hey do ya ****in home work and you will find out where us latino's come from...you can talk bad about them but ya sure have no prob having these ****ers to do some work for ya..typical..thought we was all grown on here!..

Schiada76
10-17-2006, 05:46 AM
Just what the hell IS a Latin O? :rolleyes:

707dog
10-17-2006, 06:06 AM
Just what the hell IS a Latin O? :rolleyes:
Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama
Argentina
Bolivia
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
French Guiana
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Suriname
Uruguay
Venezuela
Mexico
pick one!!! these are all latino people.....

RitcheyRch
10-17-2006, 06:22 AM
Well, you got the point...LMAO
I think you mean "there IS crime in Compton"
Or like saying there is sand at the beach.
J

fatboy95
10-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Same place Hispanics come from.
Sounds like a constant flow of Raider fans.
J
Just think, someday your tax dollars will not only provide these illegals with social security, which they haven't paid a dime into, medical care and food stamps with your tax dollars but, they will probably need Raider tickets which someday will be subsidized by the government because no normal job holding intelligent person will want to attend a game in fear of getting shot or stabbed.

UltraClean
10-17-2006, 07:12 AM
:crossx: ...but your daughters love us :)

NashvilleBound
10-17-2006, 07:13 AM
hey do ya ****in home work and you will find out where us latino's come from...you can talk bad about them but ya sure have no prob having these ****ers to do some work for ya..typical..thought we was all grown on here!..
I'm sorry, is that ebonics your posting there? Thought youz sais youz wuz latino? Better?

707dog
10-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Just think, someday your tax dollars will not only provide these illegals with social security, which they haven't paid a dime into, medical care and food stamps with your tax dollars but, they will probably need Raider tickets which someday will be subsidized by the government because no normal job holding intelligent person will want to attend a game in fear of getting shot or stabbed.
this is about the most honest thing somebody has said on here..even though the truth hurts its still the truth....now that applies to illegals of all not just "latino"....go raiders...lmao..

707dog
10-17-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm sorry, is that ebonics your posting there? Thought youz sais youz wuz latino? Better?
i see you would like to expose your ignorants to the rest of us ...im just simply saying dont bash people which you have no clue about..it is a open thread i am understanding of that..but this is a boat web site lets keep it about that..

NashvilleBound
10-17-2006, 07:31 AM
i see you would like to expose your ignorants to the rest of us ...im just simply saying dont bash people which you have no clue about..it is a open thread i am understanding of that..but this is a boat web site lets keep it about that..
I know plenty about hispanics thank you. I lived in N. San Diego County for 20 years till 2 years ago. Had to drive through Escondido, now little TJ, that the "hispanics" have ruined, for far too long. This is a public forum centered around the 300 millionth person born in the US. Just because you requested it and as everyonne here knows, I never want to hurt anyones feelings ever, lets talk about boats....you start.....

707dog
10-17-2006, 07:39 AM
I know plenty about hispanics thank you. I lived in N. San Diego County for 20 years till 2 years ago. Had to drive through Escondido, now little TJ, that the "hispanics" have ruined, for far too long. This is a public forum centered around the 300 millionth person born in the US. Just because you requested it and as everyonne here knows, I never want to hurt anyones feelings ever, lets talk about boats....you start.....
OK ..HEY THERE NASHVILLE! HOWS THE BOATING IN YOUR AREA? WHAT LAKE OR RIVERS ARE THERE TO RIP AND RUN ON OUT THERE??

NashvilleBound
10-17-2006, 07:45 AM
OK ..HEY THERE NASHVILLE! HOWS THE BOATING IN YOUR AREA? WHAT LAKE OR RIVERS ARE THERE TO RIP AND RUN ON OUT THERE??
LOL.....Boating has no lines, no fees and the cleanest clearest water you could ever imagine. No hard water either. I run a little Bayliner with a built 350. How about you?
Like to add that we boated on Castaic, Pyramid, Havazoo, Elsinore and San Vicente on a regular basis. It was just all too crazy.....

Magic
10-17-2006, 07:51 AM
U.S. population is expected to top 400 million in 2043.
33% population increase in just 36 years. :confused:
Where are another 100 million people going to fit ?

Captain Dan
10-17-2006, 08:06 AM
33% population increase in just 36 years. :confused:
Where are another 100 million people going to fit ?
Desert Center :)

707dog
10-17-2006, 08:11 AM
LOL.....Boating has no lines, no fees and the cleanest clearest water you could ever imagine. No hard water either. I run a little Bayliner with a built 350. How about you?
Like to add that we boated on Castaic, Pyramid, Havazoo, Elsinore and San Vicente on a regular basis. It was just all too crazy.....
CAN SAY MUCH ABOUT OUR CLEAN WATERS BUT I FREQUENT LAKE BERRYESSA, CLEAR LAKE, LAKE SHASTA AND JUST STARTED HITTING THE DELTA..THATS FUNNY THERE ARE ALOT OF BAYLINERS ON HERE WITH HIPO MOTORS...LMAO..GOT A 24" SEA RAY SUNDECK WITH THE MPI 7.4 AND A TOWABLE DINGY WHEN I REALLY WANNA HAUL AZZ...LOL

Kachina26
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
even brazilians,
Latin languages (brazilian/Spanish) are the main languages spoken in the sub-continent.
Hispania was the name given by the Romans to the whole of the Iberian Peninsula (modern Portugal, Spain, Andorra and Gibraltar) and to two provinces created there in the period of the Roman Republic: Hispania Citerior and Hispania Ulterior. During the Principate, Hispania Ulterior was first divided into two other provinces, Baetica and Lusitania, while Hispania Citerior was renamed to Tarraconensis. Next, the western part of Tarraconensis was split off, first as Hispania Nova, later renamed Callaecia (or Gallaecia, hence modern Galicia). Since Diocletian's Tetrarchy (284 AD), the south of remaining Tarraconensis was again split off as Carthaginiensis, and probably then too the Balearic Islands, and all the resulting provinces formed one civil diocese under the Vicarius for the Hispaniae ('Spains'; in the western prætorian prefecture of the 'Gauls', that is, the Celtic provinces), who was also competent for Mauretania Tingitana (around Tangiers), which hence was also officially 'Hispanic'.

Debbolas
10-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Latin languages (brazilian/Spanish) are the main languages spoken in the sub-continent.
Hispania was the name given by the Romans to the whole of the Iberian Peninsula (modern Portugal, Spain, Andorra and Gibraltar) and to two provinces created there in the period of the Roman Republic: Hispania Citerior and Hispania Ulterior. During the Principate, Hispania Ulterior was first divided into two other provinces, Baetica and Lusitania, while Hispania Citerior was renamed to Tarraconensis. Next, the western part of Tarraconensis was split off, first as Hispania Nova, later renamed Callaecia (or Gallaecia, hence modern Galicia). Since Diocletian's Tetrarchy (284 AD), the south of remaining Tarraconensis was again split off as Carthaginiensis, and probably then too the Balearic Islands, and all the resulting provinces formed one civil diocese under the Vicarius for the Hispaniae ('Spains'; in the western prætorian prefecture of the 'Gauls', that is, the Celtic provinces), who was also competent for Mauretania Tingitana (around Tangiers), which hence was also officially 'Hispanic'.
So..................we are all hispanic?
;)

NashvilleBound
10-17-2006, 03:59 PM
;)
Let me help you with that......that would be a NO!!!!! :rollside: :) :rollside:

sorry dog
10-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm betting the 300th million mark was passed several years ago...on a dark night on the Texas border.
...it would have been funny if the prize patrol would have been there to congradulate the lucky person...

Kachina26
10-17-2006, 11:21 PM
;)
Huh?

SHOTKALLIN
10-18-2006, 12:06 AM
does his mother have papers?

SHOTKALLIN
10-18-2006, 12:07 AM
or is he another anchor baby? :rolleyes: