PDA

View Full Version : The Fakers are the number.........

DILLIGAF
10-17-2006, 04:53 AM
8th favorite to win the NBA Championship this year acording to Vegas odds. Favorites are in order of odds:
PHX
Miami & SA
Chicago & Dallas
Cleveland
Detroit
Somebody is smoking some shit in Vegas or just realize there are lots of suckas out there :)

BajaMike
10-17-2006, 05:06 AM
8th favorite to win the NBA Championship this year acording to Vegas odds. Favorites are in order of odds:
PHX
Miami & SA
Chicago & Dallas
Cleveland
Detroit
Somebody is smoking some shit in Vegas or just realize there are lots of suckas out there :)
Go Miami and Shak..... :rollside:
:idea:

AirtimeLavey
10-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Cool....looks like a great opportunity to make some money :crossx:
I'm liking that Farmar kid, the Rockman...it's going to be a fun year to watch LA's team. :D

h2oski2fast
10-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Someone a little hurt that the "other" LA team didnt make the list?

dmontzsta
10-17-2006, 09:03 AM
The Lakers are going to shock some people this year. They are deep off the bench. They will also have a good starting line up.

Nord
10-17-2006, 09:10 AM
I hope we are good this year..............

SHOTKALLIN
10-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Trade Kobe and I'll feel better about my team. Trading Shack was a Huge mistake and I cant get over it. When I see Kobe It leaves a bad taste. Does he have the abilty to gel with anyone else to create a championship team? The Lakers have turned into a philadelphia 76ers kinda team. 1 star and no titles. :argue: rant over.

dmontzsta
10-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Trade Kobe and I'll feel better about my team. Trading Shack was a Huge mistake and I cant get over it. When I see Kobe It leaves a bad taste. Does he have the abilty to gel with anyone else to create a championship team? The Lakers have turned into a philadelphia 76ers kinda team. 1 star and no titles. :argue: rant over.
It really wasnt a bad move, Shaq has 1-2 years and that is all. Kobe has 8-10 years. They did pretty well last season and almost made it to the second round. Each player has improved more and they had some great pieces. Their bench is doing great in the pre-season, against teams that are playing their starting line up (Seattle and Phoenix). Things are looking promising.

Jyruiz
10-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Shaq did not want to stay, it was not Kobes fault Shaq is not here. Shaq wanted a big fat contract and would not bend on it. I would rather have an up and coming star than a lazy, overweight declining one, you can't build around declining stars.

dmontzsta
10-17-2006, 10:00 AM
I heard LO looks pretty good. Kobe...his knees are starting to cause problems for him. Once you open it up more bad will come...usually. Walton is a smart ball player. Enough nice things said....lol
Pre-season....Doesn't mean a damn thing Don.
Lets get this shit rollin' already
haha, thanks! I hope Radman can step it up, his shots have been flat. Kobe is a strong dude, I am sure he will be "Kobe". You are right Walton is super smart and very impressive, that is why he will start in place of Radman. :)
Brown - C - Off the bench - Mihm/Bynum
Odom - F - Off the bench - Cook/Turiaf
Walton - F - Off the bench - Green/Radman
Parker - G - Off the bench - Farmar/Pinnock/Wafer
Bryant - G - Off the bench - Evans/Williams/Vujacic
Good looking team so far, with many years ahead of them. One more person will be gone from this team though.

Hardly Satisfied
10-17-2006, 10:53 AM
The Lakers are going to shock some people this year. They are deep off the bench. They will also have a good starting line up.
they are getting better and better

SHOTKALLIN
10-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Shaq did not want to stay, it was not Kobes fault Shaq is not here. Shaq wanted a big fat contract and would not bend on it. I would rather have an up and coming star than a lazy, overweight declining one, you can't build around declining stars.
Miami built pretty good i would say. If Miami wins again I will call Buss' and you idots. How much does a championship cost? How do you put $ value on it. They could have given him what he wanted on the condition of loosing weight. Miami did. Are you denying that Shaq's leaving had nothing to do with Kobe?

SHOTKALLIN
10-17-2006, 01:52 PM
It really wasnt a bad move, Shaq has 1-2 years and that is all. Kobe has 8-10 years. They did pretty well last season and almost made it to the second round. Each player has improved more and they had some great pieces. Their bench is doing great in the pre-season, against teams that are playing their starting line up (Seattle and Phoenix). Things are looking promising.
I-2 years left....lets see that is 4 total since he left right? Well that could have been at least 2 more banners hanging in Staples Center.
In the 8-10 years left in Kobe the Lakers very possibly can become the 76er's with one spoiled all star who is an mvp but who cant get the job done without another super star.
So it if would have put 1 or 2 or 3 banners up in Staples it would have been worth paying Shaq what he wanted on the condition that he get in shape.
some teams have never been to the Finals. Let alone win. It was a Bonehead move to let him go. He didn't want to stay? Thats why owners have contracts on players.

Jyruiz
10-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Miami built pretty good i would say. If Miami wins again I will call Buss' and you idots. How much does a championship cost? How do you put $ value on it. They could have given him what he wanted on the condition of loosing weight. Miami did. Are you denying that Shaq's leaving had nothing to do with Kobe?
Yes, but look at the team Shaq had around him in Miami. Shaq could have stayed and Kobe would not have signed with the Lakers, but Shaq decided to leave, nobody forced him out. The Lakers offered him the same amount of money with less years and he did not take it. He would not have lost any weight, he didn't want to while he was with the Lakers, he became fat and lazy and injury prone because of of the punds he put on. He even waited to have surgery on his toe during the season because he hates to practice, always had some phantom injury so he would not practice.
Dr Buss is a lot smarter than you think, he won championships with out Shaq and he will win them again with out him. I don't blame Dr. Buss for letting Shaq go, who are we to spend his hard earn money.

dmontzsta
10-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Lets not forget Shaq waiting for the season, to have surgery (basically heal on the company time). Shaq was a great player, but there is no way he could have brought another championship to LA by himself (without Kobe). The Miami team is good, even without Shaq.

GAME TIME
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
I-2 years left....lets see that is 4 total since he left right? Well that could have been at least 2 more banners hanging in Staples Center.
In the 8-10 years left in Kobe the Lakers very possibly can become the 76er's with one spoiled all star who is an mvp but who cant get the job done without another super star.
So it if would have put 1 or 2 or 3 banners up in Staples it would have been worth paying Shaq what he wanted on the condition that he get in shape.
some teams have never been to the Finals. Let alone win. It was a Bonehead move to let him go. He didn't want to stay? Thats why owners have contracts on players.
There is not much you can do if a player wants out...example Ron Artest. It was sad to see him leave but my money would have gone to the younger player with Kobe (which was a free agent and was not guaranteed to come back to the Lakers). Shaq wanted out and people blame Kobe.

dmontzsta
10-17-2006, 04:41 PM
There is not much you can do if a player wants out...example Ron Artest. It was sad to see him leave but my money would have gone to the younger player with Kobe (which was a free agent and was not guaranteed to come back to the Lakers). Shaq wanted out and people blame Kobe.
Also, didnt the Lakers offer him what he was asking? but he wanted more? He was just trying to secure his healthy retirement is what he was trying to do. Buss is smart!

SHOTKALLIN
10-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Yes, but look at the team Shaq had around him in Miami. Shaq could have stayed and Kobe would not have signed with the Lakers, but Shaq decided to leave, nobody forced him out. The Lakers offered him the same amount of money with less years and he did not take it. He would not have lost any weight, he didn't want to while he was with the Lakers, he became fat and lazy and injury prone because of of the punds he put on. He even waited to have surgery on his toe during the season because he hates to practice, always had some phantom injury so he would not practice.
Dr Buss is a lot smarter than you think, he won championships with out Shaq and he will win them again with out him. I don't blame Dr. Buss for letting Shaq go, who are we to spend his hard earn money.
Buss has never won a championship with only 1 key player.

dmontzsta
10-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey Don...Shotkallin has too much D for you. He has you covered although the ball is in your court now. Better pass it to your son. He has a better chance of making the shot, excuse me I mean making a point...lol
:)
Are you drinking the ciscos again?

dmontzsta
10-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Naw, just practicing my 3 point shots. Getting ready for the season you know. You better work on your lay ups a little more
later
You going to build a house with all those bricks? :D
I have been playing soccer twice a week...so my conditioning is great! :D

GAME TIME
10-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey Don...Shotkallin has too much D for you. He has you covered although the ball is in your court now. Better pass it to your son. He has a better chance of making the shot, excuse me I mean making a point...lol
Don made a great point. The Lakers will be better this year. And you made a good point as well...people will always hate greatness. :D

Jyruiz
10-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Buss has never won a championship with only 1 key player.
No one said he ever did, and Shaq has never either.