PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Froggystyle...

BarryMac
10-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey Wes, hope that you have a terrific day... :)

Nord
10-17-2006, 09:11 AM
HAPPY B-DAY to the guy who believes he knows everything;)

seanv
10-17-2006, 09:12 AM
happy bday wes

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't believe it... I know it deep down! ;)
Thanks everyone. We are celebrating by having a whole cub scout troop come in today for work on a Composites merit badge.
"OK everyone... put ALL of the Hazmat away!"
:D

topless
Happy Birthday Wes! Make it a great one.
Ali :)

Jbb
Happy Birthday Wes!... :p

NOTALENT
10-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Happy B-Day Wes. I will hit a homerun for you in my softball game tonight! :D

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Happy B-Day Wes. I will hit a homerun for you in my softball game tonight! :D
Just call the shot first. ;)
How great would that be in softball.... Just point to the fence and crank it out. :D

GrapeApe
10-17-2006, 09:21 AM
I don't believe it... I know it deep down! ;)
Thanks everyone. We are celebrating by having a whole cub scout troop come in today for work on a Composites merit badge.
"OK everyone... put ALL of the Hazmat away!"
:D
Happy Birthday Bro!!! How is the Rhino Turning out??
*** Grape Ape ***

Jordy
10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Happy birthday Wes. Hope you do it up right with some Trident Tip and some secret recipie margs!!! :D :D :D

ratso
10-17-2006, 09:25 AM
You mean he overtook Kilrtoy??? lol... :D
No offense Kilrtoy... and Happy Birthday Froggy.

Mrs.Racer277
10-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Hope you have a VERY Happy birthday Wes. :)

Cole Trickle
10-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Happy B Day Wes!!
Hows the deep Ocean Blue Boat coming along? :)

NOTALENT
10-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Just call the shot first. ;)
How great would that be in softball.... Just point to the fence and crank it out. :D
I do it all the time... :crossx: Done!
In the playoffs I did it...nice..The guy catching thought I was a no hitter...haha..little did he know I run the league in homeruns...The blue said where should you hit this...2 men on base...I said where else??? Over the fence! Catcher laughed ball was pitched and damn it connected perfectly. We knew where it was going. I yelled out.... "Wait, come back!!! I didnt mean it!!!" looked at the catcher and smiled as I took of to run the bases..the blue yelled..."He called it!" haha..good times!

XTRM22
10-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Happy Birthday Wes.......You must be gettin old :crossx:
Chuck

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Happy B Day Wes!!
Hows the deep Ocean Blue Boat coming along? :)
Popped the bottom on Friday, should be bonding it later today.
It is so pretty.... I love it!

kphayes
10-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Happy B-Day Wes! We'll raise one for you tonight!

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Happy Birthday Bro!!! How is the Rhino Turning out??
*** Grape Ape ***
Pick up the long travel kit, cage, bumpers and tow hitch from Long travel Rhino tomorrow morning. What a killer company to work with. They took our needs to be able to carry the boat trailer weight seriously and have designed the rear suspension to handle it, as well as ride nicely without a load.
I am pretty psyched up about the whole thing. Wait until you all see the lighting going on it.

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Happy B-Day Wes! We'll raise one for you tonight!
Hey Kyle!!!! How's "D"? You guys coming out for Thanksgiving again?

Cole Trickle
10-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Popped the bottom on Friday, should be bonding it later today.
It is so pretty.... I love it!
You totally said that with a lisp while typing....;) :) :crossx:

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 09:53 AM
You totally said that with a lisp while typing....;) :) :crossx:
...and a little hop with a clap. ;)

Cole Trickle
10-17-2006, 09:55 AM
...and a little hop with a clap. ;)
That sounds Suuuuuuper!! :crossx:

MR HARLEY
10-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Happy Birthday Wes! :)

GrapeApe
10-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Pick up the long travel kit, cage, bumpers and tow hitch from Long travel Rhino tomorrow morning. What a killer company to work with. They took our needs to be able to carry the boat trailer weight seriously and have designed the rear suspension to handle it, as well as ride nicely without a load.
I am pretty psyched up about the whole thing. Wait until you all see the lighting going on it.
Your going to have to make some trips to Glamis this year... Scott, Mikey, & Ketrick and about 3 others will all have Rhinos at there Camp this year..
*** Grape Ape ***

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Your going to have to make some trips to Glamis this year... Scott, Mikey, & Ketrick and about 3 others will all have Rhinos at there Camp this year..
*** Grape Ape ***
Yeah, that was definitely part of the plan. You are getting one, right?

Kilrtoy
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Wishing you a blast Wes,
happy Birthday :boxed:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3661DSC01661.JPG

GrapeApe
10-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Yeah, that was definitely part of the plan. You are getting one, right?
If my Boat would have Sold.. Yes.. But it didn't, so I am Being smart and not spending my Savings right now!!!
*** Grape Ape ***

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Happy birthday frog boy.
How about returning a call?
haha
Brian

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Wishing you a blast Wes,
happy Birthday :boxed:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3661DSC01661.JPG
LMAO!!!

BoatFloating
10-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Happy B Day Wes.....

RitcheyRch
10-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Happy Birthday.

Hardly Satisfied
10-17-2006, 10:45 AM
happy birthday wes, nice boat

AvengerBabe
10-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Happy Birthday Wes! Hope you have a great day! :rollside:

CBadDad
10-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Have a great day!!!

kphayes
10-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey Kyle!!!! How's "D"? You guys coming out for Thanksgiving again?
D's good!
We are going to Peoria, AZ for Thanksgiving this year but we will be in SD for Christmas. Christmas in Lakeside, CA, gotta love that. :crossx: Hell I guess it's better than cold ass Chicago. We will give you a call or stop by the shop.

Sherpa
10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Happy B-day Wes.........
--Sherpa

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Happy birthday, Wes.

RiverDave
10-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Happy Birthday Wes!! I saw Flags ouf our Forefathers last night by the way! :)
RD

Lightning
10-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Hope you have a good one Wes.... I thought your birthday was tomorrow? Post some pics of the new boat when you have some time.

Her454
10-17-2006, 12:40 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WES! Enjoy your day!
Traci

Tom Brown
10-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Happy birthday, Wes. :cool:

Debbolas
10-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday dear Wes :D :clover: :D
Happy Birthday to you!!!

phebus
10-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Happy Birthday Wes, hope to see you out in Havasu again soon.

24sleekenforcer
10-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Happy B-Day have a good one.

FMluvswater
10-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Happy Birthday, Froggystyle. :smile:

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Awwwwww... Thanks everyone. So far, so good. The cub scouts were a blast, and all of the parents had a great time too. Mark my words... one of those kids is going to grow up and buy a Trident ;)
It was a good time though, and reminded me of my Scouting days. We are going to get the Boy Scouts in here soon to work on their merit badges. I guess it is Shipbuilding awareness month for them.
Thanks again everyone. A little Morton's tonight... maybe some bubbly...

Phat Matt
10-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Happy Birthday Wes. Have some fun tonight. :)

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Happy Birthday Wes!! I saw Flags ouf our Forefathers last night by the way! :)
RD
How was it????

squirt'nmyload
10-17-2006, 03:53 PM
happy b-day wes.....we hope it's a good one!!!

RiverAddict
10-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Happy Birthday Wes.
I hope you didn't let those kids run all over my boat. :)

AZJD
10-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Happy Birthday Wes!

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Happy Birthday Wes.
I hope you didn't let those kids run all over my boat. :)
Yours was outside! They wanted to though.... Instead they mobbed mine.
It was kind of cool, at one point we had the whole pack in there with their parents with room to spare. After that, all they kept saying was "turn the stereo on again!".
Here is them in the boat...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/group_photo_small.jpg
Some more in the boat....
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/mob_small.jpg
And watching an infusion...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/infusion_small.jpg
They all had a blast. We also put the top of the blue one on the bottom of it for them. Most of the kids parents were river folks too, so the kids knew what they were talking about.

PICKLEtheLOAD
10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Hoppy Birfday! Ill be back in NOV. Can you put me on the list for some "Fun with diverters" next season?

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Hoppy Birfday! Ill be back in NOV. Can you put me on the list for some "Fun with diverters" next season?
You don't want ANY part of FWD or the MTZ on this bad dog... I have accidentally swamped with these... The boat is so buoyant that the top of the jets is out of the water already, so all of the energy goes right up. Brutal... Plus, it would knock what is left of your hair right out of your weave. ;)
That was the first and last instance of the "Wes Inskeep Guarantee" BTW...

PICKLEtheLOAD
10-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Oh, that must be "the drill". Huh, thats weird..." I wanna rock right now"!

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Posting pictures of the shop and RedWhitey and Deep Blue out of the veiwfinder, you dam tease!!!!
DDDDaaammit!!!!
If you don't post some more shots soon, I am going all full-on hunger strike because of it.
As several of you well know, in three days(or less) I'll be dead.
Is your conscience able to handle being responsible for that?
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 04:57 PM
"I'm internationally known."
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 04:58 PM
What does mean....MTZ?
Brian
You don't want ANY part of FWD or the MTZ on this bad dog... I have accidentally swamped with these... The boat is so buoyant that the top of the jets is out of the water already, so all of the energy goes right up. Brutal... Plus, it would knock what is left of your hair right out of your weave. ;)

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Actually, that was more of a "Hot Tip"... like with the snake.

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
What does mean....MTZ?
Brian
You need to study your Adam Sandler "The Goat" CD's closer... :D

shueman
10-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Happy B'day....long live the Trident... :cool:

Hallett19
10-17-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm "in play" for some MTZ action off the back of the Trident.
Happy Birthday Wes, keep it gangsta yo :cool:

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 05:08 PM
You need to study your Adam Sandler "The Goat" CD's closer... :D
Yea whatever
Don't pass over former post.
You'll be sorry birthday boy.
Brian

Froggystyle
10-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Posting pictures of the shop and RedWhitey and Deep Blue out of the veiwfinder, you dam tease!!!!
DDDDaaammit!!!!
If you don't post some more shots soon, I am going all full-on hunger strike because of it.
As several of you well know, in three days(or less) I'll be dead.
Is your conscience able to handle being responsible for that?
Brian
We are waiting to polish the blue one tomorrow for better shots outside with it together.
I will snap some off of the red boat for you though... A little dark in the shop right now.

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 05:25 PM
We are waiting to polish the blue one tomorrow for better shots outside with it together.
I will snap some off of the red boat for you though... A little dark in the shop right now.
That's more like it.
Some of us got to dream you know.
Thanks,
Brian

3 daytona`s
10-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Have a great one,Please keep on the high road,stay out of the BOAT WARS thread :rollside:

GHT
10-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Happy Birthday Wes.... Centrum Silver is on sale at Savon...
Don :)

NOTALENT
10-17-2006, 09:54 PM
It was done Wes!!! :p 1st at bat 2 on....Called and pointed...sure enough first pitch...launched that sucka! I also have new mizuno cleats and the spikes are like hard plastic..well home plate was wet so as I came around I stepped on the plate and went down!!! :D I was able to react so I didnt fall totally and saved myself, but damn embarassing!!!! :p

Froggystyle
10-18-2006, 09:08 AM
It was done Wes!!! :p 1st at bat 2 on....Called and pointed...sure enough first pitch...launched that sucka! I also have new mizuno cleats and the spikes are like hard plastic..well home plate was wet so as I came around I stepped on the plate and went down!!! :D I was able to react so I didnt fall totally and saved myself, but damn embarassing!!!! :p
Awesome! That must be pretty embarrassing to the other team.
Did you play ball in school or something? That is pretty heavy hitting with a softball..

Froggystyle
10-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Happy Birthday Wes.... Centrum Silver is on sale at Savon...
Don :)
LMAO.... :D

wsuwrhr
10-18-2006, 09:12 AM
LMAO.... :D
Enough with the small talk.
On with the pictures. Revive the Deep Blue thread and put the shots up.
RedWhitey and DeepBlue pal. No excuses.
If not, skinny goes on a hunger strike. He means what he says.
Wind is blowing fierce out here, after one or two hours, a gust will surely blow me to Kansas.
You know what happens after that.
:) :) :)
Tick tock.
:cry: :cry:
I amuse myself sometimes.
Brian

NOTALENT
10-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Awesome! That must be pretty embarrassing to the other team.
Did you play ball in school or something? That is pretty heavy hitting with a softball..
Haha. Nah Tee ball was the last time I played haha. I started softball 2 years ago with my cousin who plays professionally. I have always been good at sports it came natural. Since I love to workout the power was there. Played mainly hockey growing up. Playing tournaments with Minor league players and ex baseball players really helped out. :rollside: Definatley alot of fun.

superdave013
10-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Great to see you involved with scouting! I'm an eagle scout myself.
I can see lots of water skiing merit badges earned behind a Trident coming up.
Happy b day

Froggystyle
10-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Great to see you involved with scouting! I'm an eagle scout myself.
I can see lots of water skiing merit badges earned behind a Trident coming up.
Happy b day
Didn't think of that, but no reason not to... We can put the whole troop in there and do some skiing!
I loved scouting. I wish we had a better troop growing up though.

RiverDave
10-18-2006, 10:28 AM
How was it????
Kinda mixed emotions about it to be honest.. Don't get me wrong it was a great flick, but it sets two very different tones and I have to question the timing a bit.
Most people have seen the pictures of the 6 troops putting up the flag at the top of iwogima (I don't think that's the right spelling by the way) and if they haven't seen the picture they've certainly seen the memorial or some other form of it. It's been a national "symbol" since the day the photo was taken, I'm sure it means something different to everyone (as all things of this nature do) but one thing is for sure it's universally patriotic. The picture leads one to believe that it's 6 troops in the midst of battle raising the american flag.
I watch the history channel quite a bit, as well history was my favorite subject throughout my schooling. I'm not sure when I found out that the picture in question was taken under entirely different circumstances then what I was originally lead to believe, but I can tell you that moment was filled with dissapointment. Perhaps becuase I had made up my own little story in my head to accompany it, and the truth was something completely different.
I can say this though, the vast majority of the people that look at that symbol don't know any better. Whether that be going to the memorial or seeing a reproduction of the picture in a history book.
The movie brings very much to light the circumstances of how the picture was taken, and the events leading up too the picture, and what happens afterwards. Point in fact the entire movie is about how the U.S. government ran a sales pitch too the american people and they bought it.... Alot of it point in fact (war bonds is what they were selling).
In typical Hollywood fashion they played up the role that the picture played in the war, point in fact they try to give the impression that the war could not have been won (or even fought for another month) without the patriotism that the picture instilled. That's not the case, as the war loans always exceeded their quotas, and patriotism was so high after Pearl Harbor that recruiters could go into movie theatres, and after their speech (previous to the movie starting) the theatre would almost be empty with young men off to enlist.
At the end of the day the movie left the majority of the crowd a little confused. It instills a feeling that we should support our troops more, but at the same time distrust our government. When the movie ended people sat in silence for a minute unsure whether or not to clap, someone finally started clapping, and then the applause started.
So at the end of the day it was a good flick (it was no Schindler's List, or saving Private Ryan) but I think it takes something away from the general public, and doesn't give nearly as much back as it takes away. Stacy and I talked at pretty great lengths about this, and basically what I came to the conclusion of.. Santa Clause wasn't real either, but I was perfectly content thinking he existed, and I was bummed when I found he didn't. This was one of those things were people draw their own conclusions looking at the picture, and I wonder if we all would've been better off just sticking with that. People have a right to know theirs no question about that, but I think this is Hollywoods way of shoving the truth down their throat. Instilling more distrust in our government, but saying "We're 100% behind the guys out iin the field."
The war scenes were every bit as good as any war movie I've ever seen. I could've lived without the 1st 3 minutes of the movie though, they tried to do some matrix swing arounds with the camera, and also had some up and down movement at the same time.. Made myself, Stacy and most the people around us sick to our stomachs.. Honestly to do it over again, I'd walk in late to skip that part (it really had no bearing on the movie) and watch from there.
Don't make the mistake (like I did) of getting up once the movie ends. Stay in your seat becuase this is the only part of the flick that's going to be exceptionally accurate as far as History goes. They show old black and white photo's of the actual people, and different war pictures. I ended up walking up the isle backwards most the way trying to get a view before I ended up getting pushed out into the lobby.
RD

SoCalSouthpaw
10-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Happy B-Day maing! :cool:

Froggystyle
10-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Kinda mixed emotions about it to be honest.. Don't get me wrong it was a great flick, but it sets two very different tones and I have to question the timing a bit.
Most people have seen the pictures of the 6 troops putting up the flag at the top of iwogima (I don't think that's the right spelling by the way) and if they haven't seen the picture they've certainly seen the memorial or some other form of it. It's been a national "symbol" since the day the photo was taken, I'm sure it means something different to everyone (as all things of this nature do) but one thing is for sure it's universally patriotic. The picture leads one to believe that it's 6 troops in the midst of battle raising the american flag.
I watch the history channel quite a bit, as well history was my favorite subject throughout my schooling. I'm not sure when I found out that the picture in question was taken under entirely different circumstances then what I was originally lead to believe, but I can tell you that moment was filled with dissapointment. Perhaps becuase I had made up my own little story in my head to accompany it, and the truth was something completely different.
I can say this though, the vast majority of the people that look at that symbol don't know any better. Whether that be going to the memorial or seeing a reproduction of the picture in a history book.
The movie brings very much to light the circumstances of how the picture was taken, and the events leading up too the picture, and what happens afterwards. Point in fact the entire movie is about how the U.S. government ran a sales pitch too the american people and they bought it.... Alot of it point in fact (war bonds is what they were selling).
In typical Hollywood fashion they played up the role that the picture played in the war, point in fact they try to give the impression that the war could not have been won (or even fought for another month) without the patriotism that the picture instilled. That's not the case, as the war loans always exceeded their quotas, and patriotism was so high after Pearl Harbor that recruiters could go into movie theatres, and after their speech (previous to the movie starting) the theatre would almost be empty with young men off to enlist.
At the end of the day the movie left the majority of the crowd a little confused. It instills a feeling that we should support our troops more, but at the same time distrust our government. When the movie ended people sat in silence for a minute unsure whether or not to clap, someone finally started clapping, and then the applause started.
So at the end of the day it was a good flick (it was no Schindler's List, or saving Private Ryan) but I think it takes something away from the general public, and doesn't give nearly as much back as it takes away. Stacy and I talked at pretty great lengths about this, and basically what I came to the conclusion of.. Santa Clause wasn't real either, but I was perfectly content thinking he existed, and I was bummed when I found he didn't. This was one of those things were people draw their own conclusions looking at the picture, and I wonder if we all would've been better off just sticking with that. People have a right to know theirs no question about that, but I think this is Hollywoods way of shoving the truth down their throat. Instilling more distrust in our government, but saying "We're 100% behind the guys out iin the field."
The war scenes were every bit as good as any war movie I've ever seen. I could've lived without the 1st 3 minutes of the movie though, they tried to do some matrix swing arounds with the camera, and also had some up and down movement at the same time.. Made myself, Stacy and most the people around us sick to our stomachs.. Honestly to do it over again, I'd walk in late to skip that part (it really had no bearing on the movie) and watch from there.
Don't make the mistake (like I did) of getting up once the movie ends. Stay in your seat becuase this is the only part of the flick that's going to be exceptionally accurate as far as History goes. They show old black and white photo's of the actual people, and different war pictures. I ended up walking up the isle backwards most the way trying to get a view before I ended up getting pushed out into the lobby.
RD
Unfortunately, often times we need to gather some scope before history reveals itself. I know the story of Iwo Jima and the actual circumstance of the flag raising. I also know the story of Guadalcanal, Midway, Wake, Saipan, Tinian etc... but most don't. Funny thing about history is that you have to listen to different sides of it for accuracy. The Japanese people to this day don't really know about what happened in their POW camps. It has been omitted from their own history. They just don't talk about it or teach it.
This may be one more side to put into the old history collection of what happened there. As usual though, I try to balance my inputs of such information and make my own decisions.
On that note, I started listening to public radio in the mornings. They try harder than right-wingers to be objective... but they are total leftist nutjobs for the most part. Not like Air-America, but more subversive and subtle. Interesting take on world events though.