PDA

View Full Version : New Country Radio Station in So. Cal.........

Nord
10-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Thats right......it will be soon, but its AM :(
Better than nothing though......
540 AM is going country
Mainstream country music starts Oct. 28
By GARY LYCAN
Special to the OC Register
Radio station KKGO – 540 and 1260 AM – announced today it will replace the adult standards format on 540 AM with mainstream country music starting Oct. 28.
Saul Levine, president of Mt. Wilson Broadcasters and owner of KKGO and sister classical station KMZT/105.1 FM, said, "Los Angeles and Orange County listeners were pretty upset with the loss of country music on KZLA." That station – 93.9 FM – switched to a new format called rhythm pop contemporary and added Rick Dees to morning drive a few weeks ago.
"We received a lot of letters and e-mails saying, basically, you are the last independent radio owner in the market. Please help us," Levine said.
Whitney Allen, Paul Freeman, Brian Douglas, and Tonya Compos, who were on KZLA, will be on 540 AM. There will also be a new website, Levine said, called www.540country.com that will stream the format 24/7.
Adult standards remain on 1260 AM, Levine said. "We selected 540 AM in large part because it has a better reach into Orange County, which seems to be the center of country music listening.
Levine said he is working closely with the syndicator Dial Global, which will consult on the music programming. The emphasis will be on music from the '70s, '80s, '90s, and current hits.

Nord
10-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Maybe I should advertise my biz on the new station??

MsDrmr
10-17-2006, 02:35 PM
nothing wrong with country music, and certainly nothing wrong with AM radio, thanks for the heads up, I will program that on in my truck as well

v-drive
10-17-2006, 03:21 PM
This is great news. I have been a country music fan for years. thing is kzla tried this years back and failed. come on 540....v-drive

Nord
10-17-2006, 04:00 PM
little different with KZLA......
they were their own competition on FM.
Since KZLA is gone, theres no competition...
result.........If anyone wants country for free in this BIG area, they will have to tune in.
We'll see......

Ziggy
10-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Are we supposed to be excited about this? :p
You guys need to move to Satelite radio.

hotsand65
10-17-2006, 06:22 PM
There is always KFRG - they are 100 times better than KZLA, they play old stuff also, not just Kenny, Tim and Faith.

Sportin' Wood
10-18-2006, 06:17 AM
Are we supposed to be excited about this? :p
You guys need to move to Satelite radio.
x2 Mainstream radio sux.. Outlaw country on Sirius plays the real deal. I like channel 16 on XM as well but I dropped XM because the rock stations on Sirius are better. I'm not going back to the same 12 songs and 35 minutes of commercials every hour. Besides I like all the fawking cussing. :crossx:

Ziggy
10-18-2006, 07:24 AM
x2 Mainstream radio sux.. Outlaw country on Sirius plays the real deal. I like channel 16 on XM as well but I dropped XM because the rock stations on Sirius are better. I'm not going back to the same 12 songs and 35 minutes of commercials every hour. Besides I like all the fawking cussing. :crossx:
Satellite has got it all................:D:D