PDA

View Full Version : Trophy carts?

Sportin' Wood
10-18-2006, 12:54 PM
http://www.planetkart.net/item.asp?item=362
Anyone have one? My kids are out growing riding in the buggy and I find they are taking it out when we camp more then me. (10 & 14) I would just buy them there own Jeep but I can not haul two. Rhino crossed my mind but Again I'm not sure if I can fit it on the trailer with the buggy.
This looks like a blast and I could have a bit of fun around the ranch with it.
( Read mini CORR track)
Whats the width and length of a rhino?

Froggystyle
10-18-2006, 12:58 PM
http://www.planetkart.net/item.asp?item=362
Anyone have one? My kids are out growing riding in the buggy and I find they are taking it out when we camp more then me. (10 & 14) I would just buy them there own Jeep but I can not haul two. Rhino crossed my mind but Again I'm not sure if I can fit it on the trailer with the buggy.
This looks like a blast and I could have a bit of fun around the ranch with it.
( Read mini CORR track)
Whats the width and length of a rhino?
112 long and 52 wide

TOBTEK
10-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Extreme Fab in Escondido is a dealer for them. I have crawled all over them, and am VERY impressed with the little trucks! Very trick for the money. He has been racing them in some curcuit somewhere. He was also also saying that he's been delivering a bunch out to Havasu.

Nordic35Flame
10-18-2006, 01:07 PM
The Trophy Carts are great for kids. The suspension on them is awesome, but I personally think they lack power. The top speed is about the same as a stock Rhino, but the low end is way to slow. I watched them race a Lake Elsinore MX park. Your 10 year old would have a blast, but probably not your 14 year old. Just my 2 cents.

BADBLOWN572
10-18-2006, 01:15 PM
I have a shop that is 3 doors down from where those karts are built. They are definitely a nice piece and not built like a standard go kart. They are built to take a pounding and survive. Little things hall ass too. The suspension is just like a trophy truck just much smaller. I have been thinking of getting one myself. :)

Sportin' Wood
10-18-2006, 01:23 PM
I knew it, you're a Baller... :D :D
Ballers don't drive 35 year old Jet Boats :)

ULTRA28
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
I've got a few on order for the kids. I plan on having them race next season. We already built a test track for them to practice on. Anybody going to the CORR race this weekend in Chula Vista?

BlackedoutF250
10-18-2006, 01:29 PM
For all you guys interested in the Trophy Karts I am working with a company to come out with a new style of similiar Karts that will look similiar to a full size chevy or ford superduty and you will be able to change the front nose for different style trucks etc. Also we are adding more horsepower, more wheel travel, some custom wheel options, and a few other unique ideas if your interested hit me up and we can chat about what we plan to do with our line of Trophy Karts.
Thanks John Kirsch
Unique Performance West, Inc.
www.uniqueperformancewest.com
714-865-3502

Sportin' Wood
10-18-2006, 01:31 PM
The Trophy Carts are great for kids. The suspension on them is awesome, but I personally think they lack power. The top speed is about the same as a stock Rhino, but the low end is way to slow. I watched them race a Lake Elsinore MX park. Your 10 year old would have a blast, but probably not your 14 year old. Just my 2 cents.
I am thinking more for the 10 year old.I'm sure it would be fine for my 14 year old as she's still gonna want to drive the buggy. I'll end up in the Trophy Cart watch. :)
Are they racing them regularly at Elsinore and is it adults or kids?

Sportin' Wood
10-18-2006, 01:33 PM
I've got a few on order for the kids.
Whats the lead time? I'm thinking maybe Christmas Gift.

ULTRA28
10-18-2006, 01:35 PM
For all you guys interested in the Trophy Karts I am working with a company to come out with a new style of similiar Karts that will look similiar to a full size chevy or ford superduty and you will be able to change the front nose for different style trucks etc. Also we are adding more horsepower, more wheel travel, some custom wheel options, and a few other unique ideas if your interested hit me up and we can chat about what we plan to do with our line of Trophy Karts.
Thanks John Kirsch
714-865-3502
Sounds pretty cool. Would be good for playing around, but wouldn't be able to be raced in the same class as the others. They are very strict about the Trophy Kart brand being the one raced and they have to be left alone, no modifications at all. They told me I can't even make my own bodies for them. They said it is to keep an even playing field for all the kids.

ULTRA28
10-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Whats the lead time? I'm thinking maybe Christmas Gift.
They're talking about two months right now. I've had mine on order for a while, so I hope to have them by Thanksgiving.
The racing is for 7 to 15 year olds, broken down into three age groups. They will be doing an exhibition race this weekend.

GrapeApe
10-18-2006, 02:11 PM
I've got a few on order for the kids. I plan on having them race next season. We already built a test track for them to practice on. Anybody going to the CORR race this weekend in Chula Vista?
I may be going!! I went last month.. If I do, I think I will get the Reserved Seats this time.. Much better View..
We had a blast..
*** Grape Ape ***

essexjet
10-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Be there on Sunday. How about a ***boat get together at the race?

BlackedoutF250
10-18-2006, 02:22 PM
The trophy karts we are going to build are going to be designed more for the older aga bracket ones that desire more speed larger space, and a little more realism. Were designing them to look a little more like the trucks they are meant to represent, we are also working on making them slightly larger. Ares will have a 3 piece body; bed, cab, and front end so you can change the front end without changing the rest of the truck. This will also allow you to change pieces that crack or break without buying a whole new body. We are definetly looking to some pretty high horsepower motors to get the thing moving with a larger body in it. We have a few companies lined up for working on the suspension and also on the wheels so you can unique one off pieces.
Thanks John
714-865-3502

BADBLOWN572
10-18-2006, 02:47 PM
I have been talking to the guys over at Newline & they say that they have a couple different motor options that will really wake these karts up. From what I understand, the stock motor has a warranty and the upgraded motor has no warranty.