PDA

View Full Version : Rotten topic....Child Support

Water Romper
10-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Quick question,
When the issue about child support comes into play in CALIFORNIA courts,do the courts consider the ex-wife's new husbands income in the "disso-master" (sp?)
She wants even more money from me and I am already on the brink of financial doom...she mairred a pretty wealthy guy, quit her job and and is now the "Country Club Queen"
How screwed am I? :cry: :cry:

RitcheyRch
10-20-2006, 02:58 PM
I have been told "no" by my attorney. You are still responsible for your children. This came up in my court hearing since the ex-wife has a boyfriend living with her.
Quick question,
When the issue about child support comes into play in CALIFORNIA courts,do the courts consider the ex-wife's new husbands income in the "disso-master" (sp?)
She wants even more money from me and I am already on the brink of financial doom...she mairred a pretty wealthy guy, quit her job and and is now the "Country Club Queen"

Cole Trickle
10-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Quick question,
I think they take both of there incomes into consideration.
You might check with an attorney that specializes in this.
I believe in supporting your kids but I would be pissed if I worked 50hr weeks and gave half of my paycheck up so the Ex could stay home and not spend 100% of my money on the kids.

Cole Trickle
10-20-2006, 03:00 PM
I have been told "no" by my attorney. You are still responsible for your children. This came up in my court hearing since the ex-wife has a boyfriend living with her.
I could be a 100% wrong but I think they look at it different for husbands/Boyfriends

Water Romper
10-20-2006, 03:06 PM
I think they take both of there incomes into consideration.
You might check with an attorney that specializes in this.
I believe in supporting your kids but I would be pissed if I worked 50hr weeks and gave half of my paycheck up so the Ex could stay home and not spend 100% of my money on the kids.
I agree 100%, my son is my life but she just wants more and more. I can only give so much. I don't expect her new husband to pay a thing for my son except a roof over his head and to be treated well however she continues to harrass me at work etc and it just get my blood boiling. I can't afford court costs and any more come out of my check and I am done.
You folks ever wonder what you saw in an ex...I absolutly hate her guts. :yuk:

topless
10-20-2006, 03:06 PM
They do not take the spouses income into consideration. They take hers only. Good luck on this one.

RitcheyRch
10-20-2006, 03:07 PM
All I know is my attorney told me it doesnt matter. They dont take it into consideration for child support but do for spousal support.
I could be a 100% wrong but I think they look at it different for husbands/Boyfriends

shagmebabe
10-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Quick question,
Your screwed. It dosnt matter what new hubbie makes, there your kids. My ex married a 6 figure guy and I still paid $750.00 for each kid. and .... you cant claim them on your tax's

Cole Trickle
10-20-2006, 03:10 PM
They do not take the spouses income into consideration. They take hers only. Good luck on this one.
Thanks for clearing that up.
So if the ex marries some new rich sucker and drives around in her new 100K Benz drinking mochchinos on the way to her daily gym/massage session they don't take that into consideration?
They would throw your 50K salary and her 0K salary on the table and make you pay accordingly?
CA sucks the big weenie!!!

Water Romper
10-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Your screwed. It dosnt matter what new hubbie makes, there your kids. My ex married a 6 figure guy and I still paid $750.00 for each kid. and .... you cant claim them on your tax's
*sigh*
I just can't win.

Moneypitt
10-20-2006, 03:11 PM
You can ask, through your lawyer, for an itemized list of expenses incured for your kid's(s) support. Some judges will grant such a motion, some won't, but in cases where the spouse is well off a judge will sometime see through all the BS and order an amount of support that is fair to BOTH sides. You are required to support your children, as you are willing to do, but that support should not be used to put the wife/husband on easy street. Another thing is the IRS and who gets to claim the dependants. By law, if your support payments are 50% or more of the cost involved, then you get to claim them on your taxes. This is a real good reason to request the itemized expenses, for tax purposes. Also, make sure the payments are up to date before you ask for any type of changes to be made. You can hope, but don't count on any help from the judge unless, and until, you can show some sort of underhanded actions by your ex.........The actual cost of the childrens support is very important when the spouse has re married, etc etc.....MP

Cole Trickle
10-20-2006, 03:11 PM
*sigh*
I just can't win.
Marry a rich women and stop working;) :crossx:

Jyruiz
10-20-2006, 03:15 PM
He might have to find a 15-20 year older woman, but it is worth the sacrifice.:D

Kilrtoy
10-20-2006, 03:16 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO
your screwed

topless
10-20-2006, 03:19 PM
So if the ex marries some new rich sucker and drives around in her new 100K Benz drinking mochchinos on the way to her daily gym/massage session they don't take that into consideration?
They would throw your 50K salary and her 0K salary on the table and make you pay accordingly?
CA sucks the big weenie!!!True and now that she doesn't work he might get screwed.

Tremor Therapy
10-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Having been one of those "guys that the ex married" I can tell you they did not ask me for a thing. Now if your case is presented in the proper manner:
1) the judge might take into account whether she had worked in the past to support herself and the child prior to getting re-married (exactly what Forensic stated)
2) and that if she does not work now, where does the "means for her support" come from
3) and if your lucky the judge might decline her request
I only know because I saw my wifes ex try to reduce child support on 3 occassions (he only paid $500 total for 2 kids). But take solice in that the court has to take your expenses into account as well. Good luck!

seanv
10-20-2006, 03:33 PM
wow cali is as bad as az is. i wish you tons of luck. i was lucky stuck to my "yes ma'am no ma'am and she saw thru my ex's scheme. i feel i was treated very fair by the court. still hurts but ya gotta do it.

AZJD
10-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Az is easier on child support than Cali...... It is based on both parents income, and amount of days child is with non-primary care providing parent! California is a little higher and I don't know the reason for that.
As far as paying 750.00 per kid..........you must have had a high income compared to a low or non-existant income from her! Or you had a lousy attourney!
I think that a couple hundred bucks is a small price to pay considering the amont of time and effort it takes to raise them and lets face it, most of us Dad's aren't doing but 20% of the child raising! Just my .02

seanv
10-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Az is easier on child support than Cali...... It is based on both parents income, and amount of days child is with non-primary care providing parent! California is a little higher and I don't know the reason for that.
As far as paying 750.00 per kid..........you must have had a high income compared to a low or non-existant income from her! Or you had a lousy attourney!
I think that a couple hundred bucks is a small price to pay considering the amont of time and effort it takes to raise them and lets face it, most of us Dad's aren't doing but 20% of the child raising! Just my .02
20%....IF WERE LUCKY. but hey, we get 100% of the blaim when it goes south...
and i was lucky to settle in arbitration and not hit the courts. i still recomend a GOOD attorney.

WYRD
10-20-2006, 03:47 PM
CA sucks the big weenie!!!
It is very rare to consider the spouses income, in dramatic cases they will consider it, but she would have to marry donald trump to make it a dramatic case............
I have been through two child custody suits with both my divorces, in both cases the new husband and the new boyfriend make a great income and combined with my ex's the total combined household income exceeds mine, yet I am still paying support................................gotta love FUKUFORNIA :crossx:

AZJD
10-20-2006, 03:49 PM
20%....IF WERE LUCKY. but hey, we get 100% of the blaim when it goes south...
I love how everyone bitches and complains about their child support. In some cases I think it is a little high, like $750 per kid! However we all can go blow a hundo or two at the strip club without batting an eye! Suck it up and cut the check.................. It's your kid! It's the least you can do to keep an amicable relationship between you and your ex for your kids sake! My situation is the way it is because I swallowed my pride and just pay the $$$$$$$ I do ok, and my ex is loaded! She certainly doesn't need the $450 a month I give her, but it is a small price to pay for getting along! I could go back to court and get it reduced to $150 since I moved back to Az, but why bother, It gets used one way or another....... It could be worse, I could have to pay for her school!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!$$$$$$$

WYRD
10-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Unsure what statstic book youre reading but I dissagree :idea:

AZJD
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
It is very rare to consider the spouses income, in dramatic cases they will consider it, but she would have to marry donald trump to make it a dramatic case............
I have been through two child custody suits with both my divorces, in both cases the new husband and the new boyfriend make a great income and combined with my ex's the total combined household income exceeds mine, yet I am still paying support................................gotta love FUKUFORNIA :crossx:
Dude, QUIT GETTING MARRIED! Arent you like late 20's and you have 2! Yikes :)

WYRD
10-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Dude, QUIT GETTING MARRIED! Arent you like late 20's and you have 2! Yikes :)
LOL I hear ya and thanks for the compliment into my 30's :boxed:

UltraClean
10-20-2006, 03:54 PM
wow sounds like child support focking sucks!!!! good luck with that bad situation you are in!!! that would drive me up the focking wall!! :mad:

YeLLowBoaT
10-20-2006, 03:55 PM
You can still ask for a proof that she spent the money on the kids. Its very commen for that to be granted. you still have to pay for your kids...but if you can show that she is not spending the money on the kids you get credit back to you on future support... now that FTB took over CS collections they will get the money, one way or anohter.

AZJD
10-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Unsure what statstic book youre reading but I dissagree :idea:
Much respect to you if you are spending more time than that with your kids! I would love to be able to see my daughter more, however it seems like she is busier than me sometimes! So I just go get involved in whatever she is doing or go hang out when she does it! Works out better for her. I don't want to disrupt her child life to be selfish or fight with mom!

seanv
10-20-2006, 03:58 PM
JD, everyones deal is different. i agree in manning up to your responsibilities but, SOME women will play the game and run a man into the poor house. my cousin is one of those poor souls. but, condoms are alot cheaper than 3 kids from 3 women :crossx: he HAS to have roomies to pay rent or he'ld be on the street. it sux.

AZJD
10-20-2006, 04:01 PM
JD, everyones deal is different. i agree in manning up to your responsibilities but, SOME women will play the game and run a man into the poor house. my cousin is one of those poor souls. but, condoms are alot cheaper than 3 kids from 3 women :crossx: he HAS to have roomies to pay rent or he'ld be on the street. it sux.
I guess my situation isn't standard. You also cannot have more than 25% of your wages dipped into by law! So I don't know what some of these guys are paying or making, but I could certainly afford to live still if I was paying 25% of my income out!

seanv
Much respect to you if you are spending more time than that with your kids! I would love to be able to see my daughter more, however it seems like she is busier than me sometimes! So I just go get involved in whatever she is doing or go hang out when she does it! Works out better for her. I don't want to disrupt her child life to be selfish or fight with mom!
i played it that way for years and it worked great. i do wish i had more chances though. she's in high school now and i never see her.

Ziggy
My case was long ago but the damn welfare dept got involved in it because my ex was living off all us taxpayers(and still is :mad: )...........them fuggers tried to calc in my new wifes income along with mine to determine how much the ex could collect from them and in turn they steal from me...... 1/3 of GROSS income!!!!!! :220v:
So I told them half of nothing will be nothing if they keep after me for more than what me and the Ex had already hashed out in court.
On top of all that I got treated like a deadbeat by welfare and they ordered my wages garnished even though not one single payment was ever late or forgotten by me.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Quick question,
Ya try for 50/50 with no child support.
Also, if you had the kids, or you two were still together, you'd spend the amount of your child support on them anyway, so ya might want to hold that though when ya write the check.
They don't take into account the ex-wife new husbands earnings.
At least they didn't in our case.
They look at it from a point of view of they're half your kids, and you owe or should provide a percent of their living expenses.
The court uses the guide, and it is based on your legitimate earnings.
My wife gets $69 from her dead beat ex because he's never held a job in his miserable life.
He's never paid it, we haven't pressed it,, but I suggest ya pay what the court tells ya to.
I always did.
Just my 2 cents worth.

AZJD
10-20-2006, 04:02 PM
i played it that way for years and it worked great. i do wish i had more chances though. she's in high school now and i never see her.
Your old! :crossx: :) :)

AZJD
10-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Also, if you had the kids, or you two were still together, you'd spend the amount of your child support on them anyway, so ya might want to hold that though when ya write the check.
They don't take into account the ex-wife new husbands earnings.
At least they didn't in our case.
They look at it from a point of view of they're half your kids, and you owe or should provide a percent of their living expenses.
The court uses the guide, and it is based on your legitimate earnings.
My wife gets $69 from her dead beat ex because he's never held a job in his miserable life.
He's never paid it, we haven't pressed it,, but I suggest ya pay what the court tells ya to.
I always did.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Let them attach your wages........I never even notice it anymore! It's like I never had it and I cant spend it or with hold it if I am mad at her! SAFE

Ziggy
10-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Your old! :crossx: :) :)
Mine is old enough to have already given me a grandson.........hopefully he'll never have to deal with a child support issue.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-20-2006, 04:07 PM
That's what I did,, feels teriffic.
If she has a tight ass and doesnt bitch about sex it's even better.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/m_02.jpg

WYRD
10-20-2006, 04:09 PM
I have 50% of my daughter and 43% of my son so I am spending quite abit of time with them and making the biggest impact on them that I can. I think that a united front is the only way to raise children I try to get along with both my ex's no matter what we went through in the past. The thing that scares me the most though isn't child support, it's the influence my kids get by people in their lives that I have no control over. I think Kid Rock said it best when he said "single father, part time mother"

AZJD
10-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Tried that! Didn't work..........I am going to find me a broke, bucktoothed Riverside girl that will appreciate what it costs to fix her teeth!
That ought to stir some shit!

Cole Trickle
10-20-2006, 04:12 PM
LOL..
your 1 in 1,000,000
young,smart,educated and pretty don't come along that often :) :p

AZJD
10-20-2006, 04:12 PM
I have 50% of my daughter and 43% of my son so I am spending quite abit of time with them and making the biggest impact on them that I can. I think that a united front is the only way to raise children I try to get along with both my ex's no matter what we went through in the past. The thing that scares me the most though isn't child support, it's the influence my kids get by people in their lives that I have no control over. I think Kid Rock said it best when he said "single father, part time mother"
For sure...... I agree with you! I fortunately get along great with my ex's new husband, and ultamately would get involved if they were to have problems cuz if my daughter has to have a step daddy I want it to be him! He has a great family and he is a good guy to my daughter! Hell I still spend christmas with the whole family every year!

WYRD
10-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Tried that! Didn't work..........I am going to find me a broke, bucktoothed Riverside girl that will appreciate what it costs to fix her teeth!
That don't work either, they eventually want diamond grills :crossx:

YeLLowBoaT
10-20-2006, 04:14 PM
young,smart,educated and pretty don't come along that often :) :p
sure they do... they just the fact that they are a bitch comes along with those... now finding one thats nice and sweet, is hard.

AZJD
10-20-2006, 04:15 PM
That don't work either, they eventually want diamond grills :crossx:
Stupid Nelly!

AZJD
10-20-2006, 04:15 PM
sure they do... they just the fact that they are a bitch comes along with those... now finding one thats nice and sweet, is hard.
It's more like a MYTH!

WYRD
10-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Damn Lipstick Lesbians :rollside:

seanv
10-20-2006, 04:17 PM
i'll show you old sunday....if i can get my feeble a$$ outta bed :crossx:
bring spare chix for me

Ziggy
10-20-2006, 04:30 PM
I doubt it'd worth the scar's on the cockasaurus :p

AZJD
10-20-2006, 04:35 PM
I doubt it'd worth the scar's on the cockasaurus :p
I will cock a doodle do myself a favor and try not to find out! :)

Cas
10-20-2006, 04:39 PM
I just went through this not too long ago. The new spouses income doesn't come into play directly. Indirectly your ex is "earning" an income based on his just because she is benefitting from it. From that they can and do impute an income for her based on his income along with any information of her job skills that you can document. I went on the internet and found 40 some odd jobs within 10 miles of where she lives ranging from $36K to $56K with benefits per year.
Did I mention I have custody?
Given all that, she refused to go to work so the judge gave her an income of $1200.00/month....my attorney flipped. Bottom line, I was ordered to pay her $88.00 per month and she only has them 21% of the time.
Good Luck!

CBadDad
10-20-2006, 04:58 PM
That's what I did. If you don't wanna pay, it's the only way to fly. It becomes tricky, you're gonna have to live in their school district, and you won't have half of your nights spent at happy hour, but in the long run, you'll develop a way better relationship with your kids and that's what it's all about. Besides, all of the single MILF's out there will think you're Superdad.
Now I'm not saying raising kids is cheap. It ain't but the courts are real fair. If she was working before, she's gonna have to work again (unless she has a great excuse - like got a boob job and needs a month off. Then you only have to cover that month. Happened to me) But overall, you'll pay whats fair based on your combined income from before she became the house slut. J/K.
Your problem, the way I see it, is that if she married a wealthy man, she's gonna pay for an attorney, who will countinue to stall and keep on delaying things, that will eventually cost you an arm and a leg. You're screwed again, which is probably what the vendictive biatch wants anyways. However, the Judge will see through it and she'll end up getting blown outta the water by the system. You just gotta stay the coarse. Sell your boat (you'll get another one), just do whatever it takes. Mind your P&Q's in court. You'll be alright.
Bets of luck.

lewiville
10-20-2006, 04:59 PM
HEars what my judge told my ex...... " you need to get a job, a stay at home mother is not a job. California is a equal employment state"
dont worry about it. If you end up going to court, you might have to be a few months out of pocket, but during your hearing the judge should tell her to go get a job.

3 daytona`s
10-20-2006, 05:09 PM
I agree 100%, my son is my life but she just wants more and more. I can only give so much. I don't expect her new husband to pay a thing for my son except a roof over his head and to be treated well however she continues to harrass me at work etc and it just get my blood boiling. I can't afford court costs and any more come out of my check and I am done.
The most sad thing about this,is the children see the hate and fighting.The family is broken,sickening and seems as the NORM any more. Good Luck :(

Trailer Park Casanova
10-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I just went through this not too long ago.
Did I mention I have custody?
Given all that, she refused to go to work so the judge gave her an income of $1200.00/month....my attorney flipped. Bottom line, I was ordered to pay her $88.00 per month and she only has them 21% of the time.
Good Luck!
Good outcome, good take,, it ain't all bad.
The kids may tell you one day they're glad you're apart. Mine did.
They may get the best of both households

CBadDad
10-20-2006, 08:08 PM
It get's better I assure you that, but many rough spots ahead. Just stay the coarse.
I just got a phone call from my daughter. She's with her mom this weekend and I'm at work. She got her report card today and couldn't wait to tell me. 3"A's", 2"B's" and a "C". This from a girl who got 3 "F's" on her report card last June. It will get better.