PDA

View Full Version : Simi Valley CA

AZKC
10-22-2006, 10:51 AM
My Sons in Simi Valley for a couple of weeks remodeling an Office Depot. Anything going on over there for a 24 year old.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Don't drink and drive, they watch all the bars closely and have no feelings for writing a DUI.
A bar called the Beach on Kuehner has a free shuttle, or use a taxi.
Nothing much else.
I'd invite him over for dinner, but the kids have the flu deluxe.
Sitting at home babysitting sick kids, detailing the wifes car.
Reagan Library has Air Force one on display.

moneypit
10-22-2006, 02:45 PM
My Sons in Simi Valley for a couple of weeks remodeling an Office Depot. Anything going on over there for a 24 year old.
Not much, but if hes gets in a bind, let me know.

AZKC
10-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys :)

dkehzrd
10-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Im 22 and can honestly say theirs not much to do here for younger people. I would take the advice of the previous posters and tell your son to be a careful driver, the cops are very unforgiving in Simi

TPI
10-22-2006, 07:08 PM
The above posts are right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am a fireman in Simi and I can't tell you how many fatal/near fatal traffic accidents we go on in this area. A good portion of them ar kids screwing around late at night. Tell him to drive careful and not to drink/drive. On a positive note,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there are a lot of fun nice looking ladies around here for him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

All IN
10-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Tell him to go eat at the Hat.

ultra27jay
10-22-2006, 08:36 PM
dont forget about snookies....... :crossx:

Trailer Park Casanova
10-23-2006, 06:07 AM
A new place opened part of the Yankee Doodles chain on Alamo and Tapo.
(the old Tree House)
Has nice looking chix working there.
$$ VIP room upstairs.
Good MNF, but take a cab.

a catered life
10-23-2006, 06:20 AM
wow i went to simi about 6 months ago and all i got was harrrased by this one cop...freaking butthole pulls me over for registraton problem...someone had stolen our stickers and he pulled us over to check us out........i had my kids in the truck and he was rude as hell :yuk: in the end this a-hole ask "are you a boater" (cause he read the eliminator stickers in the window) i told him "naw i bought the truck like this" :rolleyes: would hate to find out he was a ***boat member

tcook33
10-23-2006, 06:23 AM
Simi sucks....... :p :p

98 Vector 21
10-23-2006, 06:33 AM
No trouble here....

Trailer Park Casanova
10-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Living in Chatsworth, a few minutes over the hill ya call the cops they never come. So people call the Fire Dept instead.
Here in Simi they arrive in about 3 minutes.
They stop me all the time too Willie.
No BFD really.
Like Parker, they seem to stop everyone.

wedge44
10-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Tell him to go eat at the Hut.
You meant "The Hat" right !!!!!1

riverracerx
10-23-2006, 08:59 AM
He can hang out at the new mall. That is where all the MILFs are. Dakota's has some killer food too.

a catered life
10-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Living in Chatsworth, a few minutes over the hill ya call the cops they never come. So people call the Fire Dept instead.
Here in Simi they arrive in about 3 minutes.
They stop me all the time too Willie.
No BFD really.
Like Parker, they seem to stop everyone.
:p

Ziggy
10-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Oh my GAWD, he might find a valley girl or two ;)

Dan Lorenze
10-23-2006, 09:35 AM
Tell you son to hit the "Tree House" on Tapo... Plenty of action over there, especially with all the sports that's going on..

tcook33
10-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Tell you son to hit the "Tree House" on Tapo... Plenty of action over there, especially with all the sports that's going on..
Treehouse shut down a few months ago becuase of a rent issue/liqour license issue (dont quote me on that). Yankee Doodles bought Treehouse and are patching things up. It's closed at the moment, but I think they re-open Dec.1st as Yankee Doodles.

Dan Lorenze
10-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Treehouse shut down a few months ago becuase of a rent issue/liqour license issue (dont quote me on that). Yankee Doodles bought Treehouse and are patching things up. It's closed at the moment, but I think they re-open Dec.1st as Yankee Doodles.
Thanks for the heads up Cook.... That's too bad... I've got some great memories of that place.... My old band played there probably a hundred times or so...

Trailer Park Casanova
10-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Tree House was owned by retired LAPD officer "Big John".
Super popular, teriffic atmosphere, great food and big portions.
His problems began when he did the expansion.
Food quality fell big time, portions became skimpy, the expansion brought in a very bad crowd, two customers killed in the parking lot,, fights all the time,,
John was having a hard time making ends meet, he was way, way overstaffed,, stricter DUI enforcement, the big superbowl party: The $20.000 pool they decided to hit with a 25% VIG that pissed everyone off,, and cater it rather with a very bad caterer than the excellent food Lazz used to prepair,, the drinks were no longer comp'd,,, that was it,,
No fun to go to the tree house anymore.
So,,,
Big John sold out about 3 years ago and held the note.
The buyer was a total idiot, had no clue how to run the place, the Tree House went from bad to horrible, customers quit the place entirely, and Big John foreclosed and re-sold to the Yankee Doodle chain.
At one time, the Tree House was teriffic.

tcook33
10-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Tree House was owned by retired LAPD officer "Big John"..
I know. I went to school and played baseball with his kid Josh.
Big John sold out about 3 years ago and held the note.
Hmmmm. Didn't know that.
I wish I could say that I wasn't involved in a handfull of fights there throughout the years. Unfortunately.......I can't. It's call "the fight club" for a reason. :p

Trailer Park Casanova
10-23-2006, 01:41 PM
I know. I went to school and played baseball with his kid Josh.
Hmmmm. Didn't know that.
I wish I could say that I wasn't involved in a handfull of fights there throughout the years. Unfortunately.......I can't. It's call "the fight club" for a reason. :p
Bars today make a big decision to either cater to the under 30 crowd, or the over 30 crowd.
Big John switch'd from over to under, + quadrupled his size and then his troubles began.

eliminatedsprinter
10-23-2006, 01:47 PM
:p
What cop wouldn't pull over a vehicle full of kinds that is being driven by a big dude wearing a chefs hat. :rolleyes: :p

Dan Lorenze
10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Didn't Big John get sued by and employee?

Trailer Park Casanova
10-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Oh yea, and in addition to that:
Also, they did the Bootleg sat box/Tyson fight scam, got caught and got a big $$ judgement against them.
Fights worked their way out back all the time. Near the end, they kicked out two guys fighting and one then proceeded to kill the other.
Second fatal fight there that I know of.
The legal woes go on and on with the Tree House.
When it was the small little bar and grill with big John calling all the shots & watching all the action from the horn of the bar it was great.
Then with expansion came the trouble. Big John messes up a good thing.

VanDeano
10-23-2006, 02:26 PM
wow i went to simi about 6 months ago and all i got was harrrased by this one cop...freaking butthole pulls me over for registraton problem...someone had stolen our stickers and he pulled us over to check us out........i had my kids in the truck and he was rude as hell :yuk: in the end this a-hole ask "are you a boater" (cause he read the eliminator stickers in the window) i told him "naw i bought the truck like this" :rolleyes: would hate to find out he was a ***boat member
You call him a butt-hole for doing his job. Did you ever think that maybe if you toke care of your registration you might of not been pulled over. Then you lie to him and say your not a "Hot boater". And please explain to me how he was rude? Let me guess "He didn't say "Please" first.

Kilrtoy
10-23-2006, 02:28 PM
That is because you did not fit the ethnic make up of the community

tcook33
10-23-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm sure. What business owner doesn't go through that from a "disgruntled" employee? :p