PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 10/22 in the Pacific

riverracerx
10-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks to Barry and his beautiful wife for a fun cruise up and down the coast. Me and RRX Jr. had a blast!
Sunday 10/22 in the ocean: (http://riverracerx.com/cgi-bin/mb2/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=2;t=7450)

Sherpa
10-22-2006, 04:46 PM
what is the picture of the building (looks like the end of a pier) --??
is this that pier that was destroyed in a storm like 15 years ago-??
--Nice pictures.......
--Sherpa

Todd969
10-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Great pics Chris, looks like you all enjoyed.

mondorally
10-22-2006, 04:48 PM
That's Ruby's - a 50's style diner. Good food with great views. And yep, that is the replacement pier.
-Justin

HMF'er
10-22-2006, 07:40 PM
We had a blast, although the morning fog was a bit intimidating. It was nice seeing everyone even though we all went in different directions. I'll be back to the ocean real soon.

Jordy
10-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Thought you guys were hitting Catalina this weekend... :idea: :D

beaverretriever
10-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Great Photos. Thanks for sharing.

INSman
10-23-2006, 07:15 AM
We had a blast, although the morning fog was a bit intimidating. It was nice seeing everyone even though we all went in different directions. I'll be back to the ocean real soon.
Did you guys make it to Catalina or just cruised around ??

MRSDRMCAT
10-23-2006, 07:26 AM
We starting heading out there and decided to turn around after about 15 minutes. Water was pretty rough and the fog was still covering the island. We decided to go to the Marina for lunch (longboards grill) and then just cruise around. We had a blast. The weather ended up being fantastic. I'll post some pic's later.

INSman
10-23-2006, 07:33 AM
We starting heading out there and decided to turn around after about 15 minutes. Water was pretty rough and the fog was still covering the island. We decided to go to the Marina for lunch (longboards grill) and then just cruise around. We had a blast. The weather ended up being fantastic. I'll post some pic's later.
Nice meeting your crew and glad you had a good time :)

MRSDRMCAT
10-23-2006, 07:39 AM
Nice meeting your crew and glad you had a good time :)
Nice to meet you guys too! Wish we would have all made in to Catalina and had lunch together!! Maybe next time!! What did you guys do??

INSman
10-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Nice to meet you guys too! Wish we would have all made in to Catalina and had lunch together!! Maybe next time!! What did you guys do??
We made it eventually, but is was a fairly rough ride. :messedup:

MRSDRMCAT
10-23-2006, 07:58 AM
We made it eventually, but is was a fairly rough ride. :messedup:
At least you made safe.....Did you get to moor the boat??

Hardly Satisfied
10-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Nice Pics

riverracerx
10-23-2006, 08:55 AM
We never made it to Catalina. Barry had a starboard side engine hiccup. Think it got flooded and then just wouldn't start. Finally got it working but then didn't want to risk shutting it off over at Catalina and possibly getting stuck, as we weren't exactly sure what the problem was. It was running a little hot on the way back in too, so he might have a water pump going out?
But still fun cruising around. That 34' Shockwave is solid in the ocean. I was really impressed with the ride.

slink
10-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Glad you made it back Tom. Oh Ya, BL's at 530 am? think it's time for Betty Ford :)

INSman
10-23-2006, 09:27 AM
At least you made safe.....Did you get to moor the boat??
Yup, we got a spot right up front without any problems. :)

HMF'er
10-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Did you guys make it to Catalina or just cruised around ??
About 12 miles offshore, we ran into constant swells that limited our speed to about 25mph. I was worried that it would only get worse on the way back so we came back to the harbors and cruised around.

DILLIGAF
10-23-2006, 06:22 PM
About 12 miles offshore, we ran into constant swells that limited our speed to about 25mph. I was worried that it would only get worse on the way back so we came back to the harbors and cruised around.
What size is your boat? Is it a 25 Shockwave? If so, you would have been fine.

HMF'er
10-23-2006, 06:24 PM
YUP, 25'. At the speed we were going, it would have taken about 45 minutes. Being an ocean virgin, it was a bit intimidating especially since we couldn't see the island or the shore. But I'm ready to try again.

DILLIGAF
10-23-2006, 06:28 PM
YUP, 25'. At the speed we were going, it would have taken about 45 minutes. Being an ocean virgin, it was a bit intimidating especially since we couldn't see the island or the shore. But I'm ready to try again.
My first few trips out I would venture out a mile or so and head back into the harbor :). Then Barry took us out along the coast...LB, LA and HB. I headed out for the first time to Catalina Saturday. If HL and Frenchie would not have been there I would not have went over. No way. I had a 25 before and it handles well. You could have done it but I understand your being hesitant. Better to be that way then go down with the ship.
We will be going out Saturday again from Newport Dunes. If noone is experienced with us I won't be going to Catalina unless I can see the island from NB. Your welcome to join us out there.

HMF'er
10-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the invite, I can't next weekend.
DRMCAT was with me and had his GPS, felt very comfortable with the direction as we were going there alone. It was just too rough and not scenic enough.
You should try the Davies Locker launch in LB if you haven't yet. It was nice and wide and not too long of an idle out.

DILLIGAF
10-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the invite, I can't next weekend.
DRMCAT was with me and had his GPS, felt very comfortable with the direction as we were going there alone. It was just too rough and not scenic enough.
You should try the Davies Locker launch in LB if you haven't yet. It was nice and wide and not too long of an idle out.
NB is closer for me but is Davies Locker off of 2nd street?

HMF'er
10-23-2006, 06:44 PM
NB is closer for me but is Davies Locker off of 2nd street?
Yes, take the 22 w/b, exit Studebaker, s/b to Second St and you're there.

DILLIGAF
10-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Yes, take the 22 w/b, exit Studebaker, s/b to Second St and you're there.
That is what I was thinking. The good thing would be that you wouldn't have to run down to NB after heading into LB. I will check it out one of these days just to mix it up.

Devil's Advocate
10-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Great pics. Looked liked a good time. :cool: