PDA

View Full Version : Demolition work....

Jbb
10-23-2006, 01:57 PM
It's all about planning....and execution... (http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2006/10/building_falls_on_top_of_excavator.wmv)

Infomaniac
10-23-2006, 02:14 PM
A perfect 180

Tom Brown
10-23-2006, 02:46 PM
That's awesome. We knock those old crib elevators down all the time. They've out lived their usefulness.
It's shocking how easily an elevator can be brought down. We do it a little differently. We knock one corner out and we don't chew that high up into the building. Of course, we're hetero, unlike those FagriCore guys.

Jbb
10-23-2006, 02:52 PM
That's awesome. We knock those old crib elevators down all the time. They've out lived their usefulness.
It's shocking how easily an elevator can be brought down. We do it a little differently. We knock one corner out and we don't chew that high up into the building. Of course, we're hetero, unlike those FagriCore guys.
Listen to Brown.. :p ...gettin all ...Bob Villa......and shit....

Tom Brown
10-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Listen to Brown.. :p ...gettin all ...Bob Villa......and shit....
For those who don't know, Alberta Wheat Pool and Mannitoba Wheat Pool merged to form Agricore. Agricore later merged with United Grain Growers to form Agricore United. It was all part of an evil plot against the good folks at the Saskatchewan Wheat Pool.
Anyway, we in the business know them as Fagricore. I'm sure the company is made up of good people. They're just a little more dramatic and artistically inclined than most.
It's very likely that video came from my province. I can't see the town name on the elevator but most of the UGG elevator network is in Saskatchewan.

Jbb
10-23-2006, 03:02 PM
For those who don't know, Alberta Wheat Pool and Mannitoba Wheat Pool merged to form Agricore. Agricore later merged with United Grain Growers to form Agricore United. It was all part of an evil plot against the good folks at the Saskatchewan Wheat Pool.
Anyway, we in the business know them as Fagricore. I'm sure the company is made up of good people. They're just a little more dramatic and artistically inclined than most.
It's very likely that video came from my province. I can't see the town name on the elevator but most of the UGG elevator network is in Saskatchewan.
I like Norm better anyway....

Tom Brown
10-23-2006, 03:04 PM
I like Norm better anyway....
I like it when Nahm uses his unisaur.

Jbb
10-23-2006, 03:05 PM
I like it when Nahm uses his unisaur.
Them's fightin woids in the Northeast.....Canatard......... :p
Norm has talent...

hoolign
10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Much like you demolished a perfectly good thread that was about to completely disorientate a newbie! took the corner out my ass! just up and burned it down!
PS wheat sux! :mad:
:D

Jbb
10-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Much like you demolished a perfectly good thread that was about to completely disorientate a newbie! took the corner out my ass! just up and burned it down!
PS wheat sux! :mad:
:D
Yeah...what's up with bustin on Hooli's gig........fag.... :mad:

Tom Brown
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm a big fan of Norm. :cool:
That elevator demolition accident is going to play big at work, particularly because it isn't us. :D
We've had our share of catastrophes, though. We've blown up our Vancouver terminal several times (grain dust is highly explosive), burned several elevators down (grain driers have been known to get out of control, on occasion), and we have a new concrete elevator that leans so much, we can only fill it to about 60% capacity. When the unit was built, our engineers did a site and soil study. They put together a plan that called for gradual loading of the elevator with full capacity not being reached for a few years. The local manager, knowing better, loaded it right up a couple of months after it went online. The thing that pisses me off is he's still working for us.
It's too bad we've laid off all of the more flamboyant cowboys. Things are quite competently run these days and that makes for a boring environment in which to work.
When I first started, the place was just IPOing and they were shitting money. A lot of hair-brained schemes and crazy shit went down then. We were trying to think of new ways to spend money.
My favorite was the mobile elevator. They turned out to be too heavy to use on the public road system. Now all three of them are rotting in an equipment yard in the country. All three have blown transmissions, as I recall. :D

hoolign
10-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Yeah...what's up with bustin on Hooli's gig........fag.... :mad:
yeah..and ...wheat sux! :mad: :rollside:

Tom Brown
10-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Much like you demolished a perfectly good thread that was about to completely disorientate a newbie!
I can't keep up with you anymore. You kids...... always pulling a new caper. :D

hoolign
10-23-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm a big fan of Norm. :cool:
That elevator demolition accident is going to play big at work, particularly because it isn't us. :D
We've had our share of catastrophes, though. We've blown up our Vancouver terminal several times (grain dust is highly explosive), burned several elevators down (grain driers have been known to get out of control, on occasion), and we have a new concrete elevator that leans so much, we can only fill it to about 60% capacity. When the unit was built, our engineers did a site and soil study. They put together a plan that called for gradual loading of the elevator with full capacity not being reached for a few years. The local manager, knowing better, loaded it right up a couple of months after it went online. The thing that pisses me off is he's still working for us.
You might think the grain industry is boring, and you'd be right, but there has been some interesting stuff happen over the years. I can't wait to quit that dump so I can open my 'vault'. It will make for good reading. :D
I remember when the terminal in Van blew up! You hilbillies shouldnt be allowed any farther west than BIGGAR!
:p

Tom Brown
10-23-2006, 03:18 PM
You hilbillies shouldnt be allowed any farther west than BIGGAR!
I recommended a quarantine on Biggar years ago.... for social reasons.

Tom Brown
10-23-2006, 03:18 PM
I remember when the terminal in Van blew up!
It's blown up a few times, although one time was much more dramatic than the others. :D

hoolign
10-23-2006, 03:26 PM
It's blown up a few times, although one time was much more dramatic than the others. :D
I remember one in the early 90's that had the army out! It shook all of east van!

Rexone
10-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Look at Tom goin all tech on the wheaties n shit. And I thought he was just another constipated IT nerd. :boxed:

Tom Brown
10-23-2006, 03:28 PM
I remember one in the early 90's that had the army out! It shook all of east van!
Good news! We've got open quotas on #1 spring wheat! :D

Jbb
10-23-2006, 04:12 PM
The Tom Brown designed....."better" grain elevator...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860photo_manipulation_002.jpg