PDA

View Full Version : Where do I buy my pool table for my river house?

andy01
10-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Anybody have a hook up? Anyone they liked that they did business with? Anyone in Havasu to trust? Or home? Thanks for the help!!
Andy

dicudmore
10-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Todd969 has the answer but its past his bed time...I'm sure if he sees this thread tomorrow he can help

ahhell
10-25-2006, 04:45 AM
Valentines in Kingman, I think there may be a place in Bullhead too!?!?

Todd969
10-25-2006, 06:11 AM
Hey Andy, I thought Dana and Christina discussed this.
Anyway we are on our 2nd table from Pooltablesusa.com . Our original was a Durango 8' sold with our house in CA. Our new one is a Monte Carlo 8'. I have nothing bad to say about either table. Very professional to deal with. The installer came from Orange County. They both leveled fine, look great and are constructed very solid. The only upgrade I would consider is the Simonis felt.
Todd

SummerBreeze
10-25-2006, 06:42 AM
I looked for awhile and also looked for used. I saved thousands and found a great used table and took it apart and moved it myself over 400 miles to my place in Havasu

andy01
10-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey Andy, I thought Dana and Christina discussed this.
Anyway we are on our 2nd table from Pooltablesusa.com . Our original was a Durango 8' sold with our house in CA. Our new one is a Monte Carlo 8'. I have nothing bad to say about either table. Very professional to deal with. The installer came from Orange County. They both leveled fine, look great and are constructed very solid. The only upgrade I would consider is the Simonis felt.
Todd
Thanks Todd. I'll look into it.

andy01
10-25-2006, 01:39 PM
I looked for awhile and also looked for used. I saved thousands and found a great used table and took it apart and moved it myself over 400 miles to my place in Havasu
That's what I was kind a wanting to do? How hard was it to set back up? And level the slates? Did you have to recover the felt?

moneypit
10-25-2006, 01:40 PM
There is a Brunswick dealer in Palm Desert area... Good people to deal with.

RiverDave
10-25-2006, 01:43 PM
if it was me I'd look in the recycler, and craigslist for a used table. So long as the table is in good condition you'll pay pennies on the dollar that way.
As far as table setup, it's not as complicated as ya think. You crawl underneath it and it becomes pretty obvious in a hurry. I'd move it myself, and then pay a table mechanic to come down from Havasu and refelt it.
RD

RiverDave
10-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Damn Andy, you should've bought Rubs, he ended up selling it for $1400, I think the table he had retailed for someting like $7000. Good luck on your search, hope that you find what you're looking for... :D :D
7K? What was it a gold crown or something?
RD

voodoomedman
10-25-2006, 02:11 PM
I have one in BH that I might be tempted to sell for $1,500. It has very little use and is a very nice Olunhauser (SP?). I believe it is 4.5 by 8? I don't think it is 4.5 by 9. Anyhow...it is still at my old house out there as I do not have room for it in the new house. 3/4 or 1 inch slate. If you move it of course you will have to refelt it as it has to be broken down. I think there are three pieces to the slate itself.
Buy this. Olhausen is a great table. Brunswick and Olhausen are arguably the two best tables. It's got to be a 4x8 and 1 inch Italian Slate. Three pieces. Easy to move as the frame is assembled in the factory so you just remove the legs if need be and then the rails and slate. Find someone to refelt it and they will probably make sure it's level too and do the wax and stuff for you. Just ask Dilligaf the model and check with an Olhausen retailer for their price for that model.

voodoomedman
10-25-2006, 02:13 PM
7K? What was it a gold crown or something?
RD
For that much it's got to be one of those tables with all the intricate hand carved details and solid exotic wood. Table will play the same as the $2000 model.

voodoomedman
10-25-2006, 02:17 PM
I paid between $4-$5K for it. If I had room I would move it over. SinCal has it in his house which he bought from me.
Thanks and you are right.
No prob. I've got an Olhausen in my living room here in So Cal. No room for one in Havasu. It is a bichen table. Nobody can believe how fast and well it plays.

RiverDave
10-25-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure where you guys are getting your prices from, but god damn that's alot of money for a home table. I was quoted 5400 bucks for Olhausen's commercial grade table at the dealer down here.. That's pretty much their top of the line table as far as playabillity, and durabillity.
http://www.olhausenbilliards.com/images/poollarge/31.jpg
While they certainly are definately up there in quality, they don't have shit on a gold crown. Gold Crown's are Brunswick's commercial grade offering, and they play better, and will last several lifetimes. Point in fact one of the most (if not the most) desired tables by players is a Gold Crown 1, the original from the 60's. Gold Crown IV's (newest series) can range anywhere from 8500.00 (used once for the women's tour locally) up to 14K.. As with anything though if you shop hard enough you can find the deals. I was looking around for one, and have found them all the way down to 4K.
I ended up buying a Murrey Pro (retails for 8 grand new) used for 1200.00 bucks, with rails done by Ernesto (straight cut pockets at 2 1/4 with no shims only facings) Simonis 860, and setup by Steve Leistiko (one of the best table mechanics in the world) with a light included for 2 grand.
I couldn't imagine paying 4 - 5K for a home table, unless that thing had some serious exotic woods in it, or was more of a work of art then a "players" table.
Incidentally Voodooman, top mechanics don't use "wax" if the table is going to be setup and in place for awhile they actually use Bondo (car bondo) to fill tiny gaps in between the slates, and sand them back down smooth. They will also fill the screw holes with bondo, but put an agent in the hole 1st so that the bondo can't adhere, that way later when they have to take it apart they can just pop that bondo "plug" out of the hole and get to the screws. Those are typically under the rails though so it's pretty much inconsequential. Just some players don't like those holes not being filled.
Wax works well, but it's soft. The instant a ball catches a little air and lands on that portion of the table you'll end up with "divots" along those wax lines causing an inaccurate playing field.
RD

voodoomedman
10-25-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm not sure where you guys are getting your prices from, but god damn that's alot of money for a home table. I was quoted 5400 bucks for Olhausen's commercial grade table at the dealer down here.. That's pretty much their top of the line table as far as playabillity, and durabillity.
While they certainly are definately up there in quality, they don't have shit on a gold crown. Gold Crown's are Brunswick's commercial grade offering, and they play better, and will last several lifetimes. Point in fact one of the most (if not the most) desired tables by players is a Gold Crown 1, the original from the 60's. Gold Crown IV's (newest series) can range anywhere from 8500.00 (used once for the women's tour locally) up to 14K.. As with anything though if you shop hard enough you can find the deals. I was looking around for one, and have found them all the way down to 4K.
I ended up buying a Murrey Pro (retails for 8 grand new) used for 1200.00 bucks, with rails done by Ernesto (straight cut pockets at 2 1/4 with no shims only facings) Simonis 860, and setup by Steve Leistiko (one of the best table mechanics in the world) with a light included for 2 grand.
I couldn't imagine paying 4 - 5K for a home table, unless that thing had some serious exotic woods in it, or was more of a work of art then a "players" table.
Incidentally Voodooman, top mechanics don't use "wax" if the table is going to be setup and in place for awhile they actually use Bondo (car bondo) to fill tiny gaps in between the slates, and sand them back down smooth. They will also fill the screw holes with bondo, but put an agent in the hole 1st so that the bondo can't adhere, that way later when they have to take it apart they can just pop that bondo "plug" out of the hole and get to the screws. Those are typically under the rails though so it's pretty much inconsequential. Just some players don't like those holes not being filled.
Wax works well, but it's soft. The instant a ball catches a little air and lands on that portion of the table you'll end up with "divots" along those wax lines causing an inaccurate playing field.
RD
Shnikees RD. No wonder everyone says RD Sux :D
I'm sure your an excellent player and know a bunch about the technicalities of the game and the setup and how the tables play but were all just a bunch of recreational home players. I don't care how well that black table plays it would not look good in my living room with my nice looking furniture in my nice looking house. My Eclipse probably plays just as well as the St. Leone but isn't solid maple with intricately carved detail all over accounting for all the extra thousands. The guys that setup my table did a great job but I'm sure it would be really expensive to have some bondo guy come out, especially when I don't exactly attempt Masse shots with kids and curio cabinets around. Not to mention I don't want to screw up my cloth.
I totally respect your opinion but right now you sound like the DCB guys or the Skater guys. You know the ones that think we should all own 200k cats with twin screws even though we have families and need the V's with room to roam and are more than happy to cruise around at 45 mph and top out at 70. With the exception of Havasu and maybe a couple of other places I can take the boat and be the fastest guy on the water or at least in the top 5%. Same with the pool table, most people don't have the luxury of being able to have a pool table in their home and of those that do who has an Olhausen or better?

h2oski2fast
10-25-2006, 03:53 PM
There goes RD acting like he knows something about this subject.

Todd969
10-25-2006, 03:56 PM
RD
Well look at me, I had 1 of the correct responses :rolleyes:
FYI: my table in Havasu with set up was less than $2,500, New. It's as solid as any other and pretty too.
Notice I said my experience has been great. I have 3 piece 1" slates that are bondo filled. My set up guy is Pablo Munoz and "some" say he is also one of the best techs.

TrojanDan
10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Buy this. Olhausen is a great table. Brunswick and Olhausen are arguably the two best tables. It's got to be a 4x8 and 1 inch Italian Slate. Three pieces. Easy to move as the frame is assembled in the factory so you just remove the legs if need be and then the rails and slate. Find someone to refelt it and they will probably make sure it's level too and do the wax and stuff for you. Just ask Dilligaf the model and check with an Olhausen retailer for their price for that model.
I'll second that. I bought my Olhausen here in LA out of the recycler and paid $1650. It was in excellent condition. I paid "In the Pocket" (an Olhausen dealer) up on McCulloch Blvd in Havasu $75 to professionally set it up and level it (including the bondo). They did all the work, I didn't have to mess with it.

andy01
10-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Man there is some great info in this thread.
Trojan Dan do you happen to know the name of the dealer?

voodoomedman
10-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Man there is some great info in this thread.
Trojan Dan do you happen to know the name of the dealer?
From Olhausen's websites' dealer locator
In the Pocket Pro Shop
2159 McCulloch Blvd.
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ
(928) 680-9119
slawrence@rraz.net
Find out the model from Dilligaf and then get pricing. If he has a fancy table it may be a good deal and if not then maybe you can talk turkey. Also check their pricing against some SoCal table shops. Prices vary. For instance I bought my Eclipse from Gameroom Gallery in Rancho and it was $2400 setup including Aramith balls a couple of custom ques, chalk, cover, bridge qeue etc. I was in Billiards and Barstools the other day browsing and my same table was on Sale for like 2800 and regularly was like 3 g's or more. So they were kind of expensive. Now my table is a veneer table. Basically with the Olhausen though only the frame is veneer. The rails, curtains, legs and such are all solid. The more you spend you are just getting into a solid frame and more ornate finishes. I don't really know if my installer used wax or bondo but I don't think it makes a huge difference unless your a pro. However, now knowing I would definately ask for it. My guys helper said his guy was the best in the area . :D I will tell you what though My in-laws bought an Imperial. Those are in a hundred different pieces and it took them about as much time to setup as it took my guys to setup the Olhausen. Shows you my guys were making sure it was perfect. Also when amateur can tell the difference in how the table plays then it's a difference to look for. There table probably looks nicer but mine plays better. Oh and the best thing is you can have sex on it and not damage the table. :D

andy01
10-25-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't talk turkey....It is a good deal and I don't have to sale it. I am sure SinCal appreciates having it at the house. Just thought I would throw it out there.
If you want it let me know Andy. I don't have the model number handy and I won't be out there for a few weeks.
Gosh damn it Tom a few weeks? I need this focker set up my turkey day! Let me know if you can get a name or something from the person living in the house. Thanks man. It doesn't have any Shockwave stickers on it, does it? just kidding....... :rollside:
Andy

voodoomedman
10-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't talk turkey....
Do you speak in any poultry type language. :D
I'm sure it's a good deal. Not only based on what you say you paid but something tells me you don't exactly just go out and by the least expensive model.

BIGAMIST
10-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Anybody have a hook up? Anyone they liked that they did business with? Anyone in Havasu to trust? Or home? Thanks for the help!!
Andy
Didn't you make a copy of the keys to RD's house? There's your table. :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
10-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Andy
Well when you get one
I'll bring the naked women over for fun and POOL GAMES

phebus
10-26-2006, 05:08 AM
I will try to get a model number for you Andy. It does have an Aftershock sticker though :)
And, you have to buy the Honda generator and Cascade charger to make the deal :rollside:

andy01
10-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Any other places in Havasu Parker area?I at least need to find somone to set it up if I go used or steal err get Toms. Tom any pictures of the table? I am thinking maybe I buy it and just have someone else pick it up there and take it to Parker and reset it up.

TrojanDan
10-26-2006, 05:24 PM
From Olhausen's websites' dealer locator
In the Pocket Pro Shop
2159 McCulloch Blvd.
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ
(928) 680-9119
slawrence@rraz.net
:D
Yup, this is the place that set up my table. My model is the Donna Marie with red felt. The guy also threw in a $200 marble stand and all the cues, etc.. for $1650. I'd buy Tom's. Sounds like a great deal.

RiverDave
10-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Shnikees RD. No wonder everyone says RD Sux :D
I'm sure your an excellent player and know a bunch about the technicalities of the game and the setup and how the tables play but were all just a bunch of recreational home players.
Voodoomedman, I'm not that great of a player, but I know alot about the game as I do play it quite often.
I don't care how well that black table plays it would not look good in my living room with my nice looking furniture in my nice looking house. My Eclipse probably plays just as well as the St. Leone but isn't solid maple with intricately carved detail all over accounting for all the extra thousands.
The guys that setup my table did a great job but I'm sure it would be really expensive to have some bondo guy come out, especially when I don't exactly attempt Masse shots with kids and curio cabinets around. Not to mention I don't want to screw up my cloth.
I was just making a point, You claimed that your table played "great!" and everyone couldn't believe how well it played and how fast it is etc... My point is, I don't think you half the faintest idea of what is or isn't a great table. More so to the point I know for a fact you don't have the faintest idea if the guys did a "good job" setting up the table or not. Your happy with your results, and that's all that really matters. But your right, I might sound a little like that DCB guy right now, becuase your sounding alot like that Commander owner that's saying it's just as good, only the backwards thing in this case is the pricing your mentioning is up there in the MTI territory of tables. By the way I'm not sure what a masse shot would do to a curio cabinet, or to your kids.. Maybe practicing jump shots?
I totally respect your opinion but right now you sound like the DCB guys or the Skater guys. You know the ones that think we should all own 200k cats with twin screws even though we have families and need the V's with room to roam and are more than happy to cruise around at 45 mph and top out at 70. With the exception of Havasu and maybe a couple of other places I can take the boat and be the fastest guy on the water or at least in the top 5%.
Again if you read my post above I said I was blown away at how much you guys are saying these tables are costing when the "worlds best" (pun intended) doesn't cost that much, or very little more depending on what your doing.
Same with the pool table, most people don't have the luxury of being able to have a pool table in their home and of those that do who has an Olhausen or better?
Again nothing wrong with an olhausen. Something wrong with paying 5 - 6 thousand for one, for a home table. If your going to pay that much ya mind as well get there "commercial grade" table as it'll outlast all the others.
As I mentioned before a gold crown is the shit, so I guess that could be considered where I think everyone should have the 200K cats... But I also mentioned I have a murrey pro which would be in the commander range of pool tables... LOL Except my commander for the sake of argument was rigged by turbine marine, and has arnesons hanging off the back. Even though it's still a commander and the resale will reflect that. ;)
RD

voodoomedman
10-26-2006, 07:07 PM
I hear ya RD. I don't mean to sound like a Commander guy. I was just trying to say that they are nice tables. I know you know a hell of a lot more about the game then I do. But back at the prices again. In someones home it is a nice piece of furniture. If it's going to be in there for 30 years I want nice furniture and nice playability. Not nice playability but it doesn't match anything or is ugly. I'm sure that if I had you scope out a table for me you could have gotten me a much better deal on the same table or even a better table that still looks nice but I didn't have the time and though I was getting a good deal. My in laws ended up spending probably more than me for the Imperial and they thought they were going to spend less by going somewhere else and not buying the Olhausen. But hell they are happy with it and that is what matters.
<-- Happy with my Olhausen but sucks at playing and knows a Brunswick Gold Crown is way better than my table.

voodoomedman
10-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh yeah.
RD Sux :D