PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with ebay these days??????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Why is everyone trying to scam people these days? It makes me sick to see how many people that are selling fake stuff:yuk: the biggest problem is that people are trying to scam mony from you:mad: here's what happened.....
I bid on a item and I got beat by 6 other bidders. I get an email today and here is what it says
I'm the seller of the item that you recently bided on through the eBay system. In compliance with the eBay's policy I will give you the chance to buy the item.The "Buy It Now Price" is equal with your last bid price. If you accept this offer the eBay's policy automatically proclaims you the winner. The transaction will go strictly according to eBay's rules and policy and it will be supervised by eBay's Trust & Safety Department. Just contact me if you are interested to buy it.
Ok that sounds fine and dandy BUT what about the other bidders?? I got beat by about $2k by other bidders. Now the guy wants to sell me the product for 2k less than the actual bid:yuk: The same thing happened last week on another item. :mad:

lilrick
10-25-2006, 11:28 AM
sounds suspicious to me .....beware!!!!

centerhill condor
10-25-2006, 11:30 AM
I have been getting those on every item I don't win...I just forward to spoof@ebay.com and that's all you can do.
It is a bummer for sure! Imagine what mankind could be if it weren't for the bad guys!

AZKC
10-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Contact the other bidders if you can. eBay has a pretty good forum to ask questions in. I've heard of friends of sellers bidding the price up on Auction items so the winning bid is high :mad:

boater72
10-25-2006, 11:32 AM
It's a scam, as it happened to me today. This is what I got when I replyed.
Hello,
Let me explain what are the steps that you must follow to start and complete this transaction. You have the opportunity to purchase this item(the same Item in the auction) at your bid price of US $1,000.00. The ex winner had some problems and couldn't handle the situation (he told me something about his daughter being sick), so following eBay's suggestion, I've contacted you this way. The deal will go strictly according to eBay's rules and policy regarding to this second chance offer- to start the official transaction, I need to know your details:
Full name :
Full address:
eBay User Id:
Phone number:
As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly). The delivery is Free.
I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you. I am willing to deduct you with the fee for handling the payment procedure. Also, a refund policy will be included.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Thanks!
In a message dated 25.10.2006 18:34:33 E. Europe Standard Time, jeffser
So I understand that the deal fell through? If so what is going on with the sale of this car
You don't want to know what my next reply was.

boater72
10-25-2006, 11:33 AM
I have been getting those on every item I don't win...I just forward to spoof@ebay.com and that's all you can do.
It is a bummer for sure! Imagine what mankind could be if it weren't for the bad guys!
That's what I did.

djunkie
10-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Its the American way. Lie, cheat, steal, and smuggle.

Back Forty
10-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Its the American way. Lie, cheat, steal, and smuggle.
Really? You should go to Europe where people aren't afraid to lie, cheat, steal, and smuggle. No guns and d*ckless liberal governments. :crossx:

djunkie
10-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Really? You should go to Europe where people aren't afraid to lie, cheat, steal, and smuggle. No guns and d*ckless liberal governments. :crossx:
Ohhh, touchy aren't we?

ratso
10-25-2006, 12:20 PM
I got 10 Second chance offers on a vehicle... and get them on almost every vehicle I bid on that I don't win. Friends running bids up? Definitely. Ebay has the biggest bunch of crooks I ever saw in my life, and if they don't do something about it, they will start losing business. I am about to give up on all the scamming bullshit that comes from that site... :mad:

Riverless
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I received this message in my Ebay "My Messages" a couple of weeks ago...
**Online Safety: Protect Yourself from Spoof (Phishing) Email and Web sites & Fake Second Chance Offers***
Hi, this is Matt Halprin again, and I manage the Global Trust and Safety Policy team at eBay. One of my team's core responsibilities is to help you better understand how to stay safe when buying and selling online. With the busy holiday season upon us, we think it's an important time to remind everyone of the safe practices and good judgment that you should use all year round.
All of us at eBay are committed to preserving the safety of our marketplace and rely on you, the community, to help in this regard. As the Internet has evolved and grown so have the trading opportunities for all of us. Unfortunately, this success has also attracted a number of bad players who prey on unsuspecting Internet users. We don't want that to happen to you.
Below are important safety tips that can help keep your accounts and personal information more secure and help guard against fraud, including spoof (also called phishing) emails and websites, and fake second chance offers.
* Never pay with Western Union or Money Gram. eBay strongly encourages its members to avoid using instant cash wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. It's against eBay's Safe Payments Policy for a seller to request payment via these methods as they've proven to be unsafe when paying someone the buyer doesn't know.
* Check My Messages to verify the authenticity of eBay emails. Any email eBay sends you about your account or requesting personal information will also be in My Messages. Before responding to an eBay email asking for information about your account or requesting personal information, verify it's authentic by checking My Messages. If it's not in My Messages, it's a fake email. If you receive a suspicious email that looks like it's from eBay or PayPal, please forward it to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com. We will respond (usually within minutes) to tell you whether or not the email is authentic.
* Always verify Second Chance Offers. Sending fake Second Chance Offers is a common trick used by fraudsters. If you receive an email with a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on, please check your My Messages inbox (located in My eBay) on the eBay site to make sure the offer is authentic. If it appears in My Messages with the title "eBay Second Chance Offer for Item...," it's authentic. If the Second Chance Offer does not appear in My Messages, or appears with a different title, it is not legitimate and should be ignored. Help us fight this, by reporting these fakes to spoof@ebay.com.
* Download eBay Toolbar and PayPal SafetyBar. eBay Toolbar includes Account Guard which indicates when you are on a legitimate eBay or PayPal site, and alerts you when you are on a known fraudulent site. PayPal's SafetyBar detects fraudulent emails in your email program and puts them in the spam folder.
* Monitor your account regularly for suspicious activity. Prevent problems by staying alert and catching any suspicious activity early. We recommend that you log into your eBay and PayPal accounts frequently to ensure that all the transactions listed are legitimate.
* Be suspicious of any email that requests personal information. Be cautious of other emails that request you to click a link and submit your financial or personal information. If in doubt, call or contact the institution first to verify the authenticity of the email. Do not click on any links in this type of email if you cannot verify it is authentic. Only enter your financial information on secure Web sites. Check that a Web site is secure by looking for the closed lock symbol near the bottom of your browser window. And, of course, use a payment method such as PayPal, which lets you pay without sharing your financial information with the person receiving your money. PayPal also covers you 100% against unauthorized money sent from your account.
You can find out the latest information on safety, security and identity theft protection by visiting the PayPal Identity Protection pages and the eBay Security & Resolution Center.
We are always available for you if you have any questions or suggestions on how to make eBay safer.
Sincerely,
Matt Halprin
Vice President, eBay Global Trust & Safety Policy

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-25-2006, 12:27 PM
It's a scam, as it happened to me today. This is what I got when I replyed.
Hello,
Let me explain what are the steps that you must follow to start and complete this transaction. You have the opportunity to purchase this item(the same Item in the auction) at your bid price of US $1,000.00. The ex winner had some problems and couldn't handle the situation (he told me something about his daughter being sick), so following eBay's suggestion, I've contacted you this way. The deal will go strictly according to eBay's rules and policy regarding to this second chance offer- to start the official transaction, I need to know your details:
Full name :
Full address:
eBay User Id:
Phone number:
As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly). The delivery is Free.
I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you. I am willing to deduct you with the fee for handling the payment procedure. Also, a refund policy will be included.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Thanks!
In a message dated 25.10.2006 18:34:33 E. Europe Standard Time, jeffser
So I understand that the deal fell through? If so what is going on with the sale of this car
You don't want to know what my next reply was.
Thats funny because I got the same letter on another iten last week:idea: i wish I could see one of these bastards:mad: I would break his arm for trying to screw honest people:mad:

Rexone
10-25-2006, 12:27 PM
I got an email ebay question yesterday which I often do. But this one came into the rexmarine email box, not my registered email with ebay. So I take a look at the link to the "respond now" box and its path isn't one to ebay. This is the link that asks you to login before answering the question. It's a scam attempting to con you out of your login and gain access to your ebay account. Typically these scammers wait for a period of user inactivity, list a bunch of shit under your account, take payments, never ship anything and you get left holding the bag, along with ruined ebay feedback rating. :mad:
Ebay's getting tougher as these theives figure more and more angles to scam ya.

ratso
10-25-2006, 12:31 PM
If they aren't "going through" ebay, then how the fukk do they get your email address to send you these fake second chance offers???

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-25-2006, 12:44 PM
If they aren't "going through" ebay, then how the fukk do they get your email address to send you these fake second chance offers???
thats what I want to know:mad:

Rexone
10-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Well in my case it was a question. I have Rex Marine listed in our auctions. They simply go to the Rex website and emailed it.
Not sure on the second chance offers.

Howie Feltersnatch
10-25-2006, 01:45 PM
eBay has had it.

ratso
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
eBay has had it.
I hope so... As much as these people make, their security sucks. :yuk:
Too bad some of these con artists can't be tracked down. :mad:

eek-a-RAT
10-25-2006, 01:58 PM
friggen eBAY for ya, they have em on craigs too.
i supposedly have a cashiers check on the way for a boat im tryin to get rid of.
how do i make sure its legit before shipping the boat via transport?
do i let the check sit in the bank for how many weeks.
i told the buyer he may have to wait up to a month before i try & ship it to him. he's in minnesota, while im in california, which leads me to this being a scam. why is this guy in minnesota lookin @ boats in california.

squirt'nmyload
10-25-2006, 02:04 PM
i supposedly have a cashiers check on the way for a boat im tryin to get rid of.
i told the buyer he may have to wait up to a month before i try & ship it to him. he's in minnesota, while im in california, which leads me to this being a scam. why is this guy in minnesota lookin @ boats in california.
just think....would you send a cashiers check to someone you didn't know for something......hell no!!!!! i wouldn't. these scammers need to dissapear. http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/giljotiini.gif

eek-a-RAT
10-25-2006, 02:09 PM
I got an email ebay question yesterday which I often do. But this one came into the rexmarine email box, not my registered email with ebay. So I take a look at the link to the "respond now" box and its path isn't one to ebay. This is the link that asks you to login before answering the question. It's a scam attempting to con you out of your login and gain access to your ebay account. Typically these scammers wait for a period of user inactivity, list a bunch of shit under your account, take payments, never ship anything and you get left holding the bag, along with ruined ebay feedback rating. :mad:
Ebay's getting tougher as these theives figure more and more angles to scam ya.
i had one almost like that, it had me clink onto a link that wanted me to log back in, i was already logged in if you think fraudulent from e-bay site itself, they will send you a message in your e-bay inbox & your regular registered email"*******this is what the fraud said**********"
eBay FPA Notice (792264924) - TOS Violation / Account Compromised
Dear ***********@yahoo.com,
Your bank has contacted us regarding attempts of charges from your credit card via the eBay system. Also, unusual activity was also detected on your eBay account. We have reasons to believe that you changed your registration information or that someone else has unauthorized access to your eBay id. Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized listings placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order to allow us to investigate this matter further. Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your eBay registration. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
To confirm your identity with us click here:
https://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?OneTimePayment&AcctivityConfirm&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US
After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time will result in delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Thank you for taking these simple steps to ensure safe trading on eBay.
Sincerely,
Matt Halprin
http://www.ebay.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.
Copyright © 2006 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.
************* looks legit but its not!*******************
i turned it into e-bay & this was there reply,
***********THIS WAS E-BAYS RESPONSE**********
Email Body:
eBay FPA Notice (792264924) - TOS Violation / Account Compromised
Dear **********@yahoo.com,
Your bank has contacted us regarding attempts of charges from your
credit card via the eBay system. Also, unusual activity was also detected
on your eBay account. We have reasons to believe that you changed your
registration information or that someone else has unauthorized access to
your eBay id. Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized
listings placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation
of your identity with us in order to allow us to investigate this matter
further. Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you
receive this message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right
to suspend your eBay registration. If you received this notice and you
are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in
violation of eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such
action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international
law. eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inqui!
res related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with
the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the
request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are
prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
To confirm your identity with us click here:
https://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?OneTimePayment&AcctivityConfirm&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US
After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72
hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time will
result in delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may
cause.
Thank you for taking these simple steps to ensure safe trading on eBay.
Sincerely,
Matt Halprin
http://www.ebay.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.
Copyright © 2006 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.
The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit
Preferences - What's This?]
Message: is this a spoof e-mail & is my account affected. should i be
concerned? should i contact my bank?please respond asap.
thank you.
**** i got this in both mails & a follow up with this one from e-bay;*****
Thank you for contacting us about a potential fraudulent (spoof) email
or Web site. We will investigate this situation immediately and inform
you of the results in a separate email. If you are reporting an email
or
a Web site that is asking for personal financial information, it is
best
to assume it is fake until you receive a response from us.
In order to reply as quickly as possible, we are sending you an
automated response about the following topics:
1. IDENTIFYING FAKE EMAILS AND WEB SITES
2. USING EBAY TOOLBAR WITH ACCOUNT GUARD
3. PROTECTING YOUR ACCOUNT AND INTERNET SECURITY
Please submit other questions or concerns through our Contact Us
System,
which can be accessed by clicking on the "help" button on the top of
any
eBay page. This allows us to dedicate our resources appropriately.
1. IDENTIFYING FAKE EMAILS AND WEB SITES
The best defense against fake emails and Web sites is learning how to
spot them. You can learn more about fake emails and Web sites through
our Spoof Tutorial at the following Web page:
http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial/
You can also use My Messages (located at the top of the My eBay page)
to
detect Phishing emails. If an email from eBay affects your eBay account
or asks for personal information, it's now in My Messages. Any email
sent to your registered eBay email address from eBay that concerns your
account or requests personal information will now appear in My
Messages.
2. USING EBAY TOOLBAR WITH ACCOUNT GUARD
One of the best tools to protect yourself from fraudulent (spoof) Web
sites is eBay Toolbar with Account Guard. The Account Guard feature
indicates when you are on an eBay or PayPal Web site and warns you if
you are on a known spoof site. To learn more about eBay Toolbar with
Account Guard open a new browser and type www.ebay.com/ebay_toolbar
into
the address bar.
3. PROTECTING YOUR ACCOUNT AND INTERNET SECURITY
We recommend that you keep your browser, operating system, and virus
protection software up to date. Check for updates at the "Windows
Update" link on www.microsoft.com and scan your computer for viruses
often.
If you think your personal information has been compromised in any way,
you should take immediate steps to change your eBay, PayPal, and email
passwords. You should also contact your bank to see if there has been
any suspicious activity on your account. You can find more information
about protecting your identity at the following help page:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/problems-identity-theft.html
Thank you again for sending us your report. We appreciate your efforts
to keep eBay and PayPal safe.
Regards,
eBay Trust & Safety Team

SmokinLowriderSS
10-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Your bank should be able to clear the check in 10 business days or less.

Rexone
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
I've had fraudulent cashiers checks charged back to us on two occasions several weeks after deposited. We no longer accept cashiers checks from customers we don't know. It's too bad there's so many scammers out there. Cashiers checks are relatively easy to duplicate with today's sophistocated software and printers.
We also get a handfull of ecommerce orders every week from Indonisia, Jakarta, Singapore etc that are bogus, paying with stolen credit cards. Wire transfer is the only way we'll ship now on these types of orders. They're easy to spot though, always big ticket items that make no sense for an individual to be buying. Usually a billing address in the US with a ship address in one of those countries.
These problems exist everywhere, not just on Ebay.

RiverOtter
10-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Why is everyone trying to scam people these days? It makes me sick to see how many people that are selling fake stuff:yuk: the biggest problem is that people are trying to scam mony from you:mad: here's what happened.....
I bid on a item and I got beat by 6 other bidders. I get an email today and here is what it says
Ok that sounds fine and dandy BUT what about the other bidders?? I got beat by about $2k by other bidders. Now the guy wants to sell me the product for 2k less than the actual bid:yuk: The same thing happened last week on another item. :mad:
I get this crap almost every time I bid on something now. I notified Ebay.... they were lots of help :rolleyes:

ratso
10-25-2006, 05:52 PM
I get this crap almost every time I bid on something now. I notified Ebay.... they were lots of help :rolleyes:
I haven't heard shit from them... it's getting way out of control and just makes it tougher to conduct business with all the scammers. :mad:

AZKC
10-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Got this today, almost bit, then I checked out the Item number and it doesn't exist :mad:
Subject : item # 320038255
hi
has this item been shipped yet? i have been checking the tracking info and it has not changed since it was sent to me.
thanks for the info.
brenda

centerhill condor
10-26-2006, 04:10 AM
Item: 91 Ultimate Warlock 25ft. SXT cat w/ twin 2.5's 107mph (110045147290)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for US $5,000.00 on Oct-17-06 19:05:10 PDT is now available for purchase:
91 Ultimate Warlock 25ft. SXT cat w/ twin 2.5's 107mph (110045147290)
Your Price: US $5,000.00
Offer end date: 5 business days
Second Chance Offer
The seller is making this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was either unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item for sale.
The selling of this item through Second Chance Offer is in compliance with eBay policy; you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for all eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection.
Act Now - This Offer Expires Soon
To take advantage of this opportunity, please act quickly. This offer expires in 5 days.
You may purchase this item by contacting the seller at this email Rai"xxx"lf@gmail.com
To learn more about Second Chance Offer, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/personal_offer.html

Windy
10-26-2006, 07:02 AM
I recently had my ebay account hacked...This guy listed a bunch of high dollar items under my account..and they were 2 day auctions. Ebay took care of it. Scammers. :mad:

Caribbean Jet
10-26-2006, 07:21 AM
If there real they should be in your MY EBAY section and not just in your email. I was told by EBAY everything for Paypal and ebay will show up in your MY EBAY section.

Mr.Havasu
10-26-2006, 09:20 AM
I received a second chance offer on a government land action I did a live auction bid on. They wanted me to go to western union and send money overseas for a partial of land in Arizona. How dumb do they think people are?
Also lately I have been getting approx 50 spam e-mails daily for stock "opportunities". I think they all are gettting my e-mail address from e-bay.I'm about ready to change my e-mail address- What a hassel.

Riverless
10-26-2006, 10:15 AM
If there real they should be in your MY EBAY section and not just in your email. I was told by EBAY everything for Paypal and ebay will show up in your MY EBAY section.
I think it could still be a scam even if it is in My eBay, otherwise, how would the people that are complaining about getting bogus "second chance offers" get those messages if they weren't sent through My eBay. They don't have the possible second chance buyers email address so there really is no other way to send those emails that I can tell.
According to Ebay you can contact "any" eBay member through eBay's email forwarding system, here's how, straight from eBay's help pages...
You can contact any eBay member through eBay’s email forwarding system. Here’s how:
1. Click on the User Id, anywhere it appears on the site, of the member you wish to contact. (Click here to find a member by their User ID or email address.) You will then see the member’s feedback page.
2. On the right side, near the top of the feedback page, click the button labeled “Contact Member”.
3. You’ll be taken to an email form where you can enter your question to the member you wish to contact.
4. If you would like the member to receive your registered email address, uncheck the “Hide my email address…” box near the bottom of the email form.
Also (my addition), a copy of the message is sent to the email address you have registered with eBay.

Crossbow_CA
10-26-2006, 10:41 AM
CRAZY... Here is what I just got while reading this thread. It came with pictures very legit looking. I checked at paypal and my password was not changed... scary
Sent : Thursday, October 26, 2006 5:15 AM
To : <crossbow_ca@.com>
Subject : RE: PayPal® Security Alert: Message id 7124915531108
| | | Inbox
PayPal sent this message to crossbow_ca@.com.
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from PayPal. Learn more.
Hurry! PAYPAL SECURITY NOTIFICATION!
Dear crossbow_ca@.com,
Your PayPal password has been changed.
If you or anyone with authorized access to your account did not make this change, please update to your account Online account can be confirmed at any time clicking here:
Our database will be instantly updated.
The Password Change request was made from:
IP address: 9.1.70.364
ISP host: sjclb306-map875.sjc.ebay.com
Thank you,
PayPal
More from this seller's Store
161 PC ROTARY TOOLS POLISHER GRINDER GRINDING
$14.99
GoodYear 100' RUBBER Air Compressor Hose w/COUPLERS NR
$9.99
Hand Pump 5 or 6 Gallon Water Bottle Dispenser NEW
$3.96
3 New 24" Magnetic Tool Holders Magnet Organizer Tools
$8.99
Visit Seller's Store
Similar Items on eBay
Heavy Duty Electric PAINT Spray GUN HOBBY SPRAYER
$4.95 (0 bids)
Time Left: 2d 4h 23m
Add to watch list
Heavy Duty Electric PAINT Spray GUN HOBBY SPRAYER
$4.95 (0 bids)
Time Left: 2d 13h 19m
Add to watch list
HEAVY DUTY 2 QUART PAINT TANK SPRAY SPRAYER NEW
$39.99 (0 bids)
Time Left: 2d 5h 42m
Add to watch list
ELECTRIC AIRLESS PAINT SPRAYER SPRAY GUN - 75W
£14.99 (2 bids)
Time Left: 22d 18h 39m
Add to watch list
LOT OF (2) ELECTRIC AIRLESS PAINT SPRAY GUN SPRAYER NR
$9.99 (0 bids)
Time Left: 3d 12h 56m
Add to watch list
HVLP PAINT GUN SPRAYER HOBBY ART CRAFT PAINT SPRAY GUN
$22.50 (0 bids)
Time Left: 2d 0h 56m
Add to watch list
$22.50 (0 bids)
Time Left: 2d 11h 21m
Add to watch list
$22.50 (0 bids)
Time Left: 3d 1h 26m
Add to watch list
View All Personalized Picks
Related Categories
Painting Supplies & Sprayers > Paint Guns, Sprayers
(in Home & Garden)
Sprayers > Airless Sprayers
(in Business & Industrial)
DVD, HD DVD & Blu-ray
(in DVDs & Movies)
Nonfiction Books
(in Books)
CDs
(in Music)
Information for crossbow_ca@.com
Marketplace Safety Tip
Protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails and Web sites. Take the Spoof Tutorial to learn about eBay Toolbar with Account Guard, which warns you when you are on a known spoof site.
Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
http://pages.paypal.ca/education/spooftutorial
This PayPal notice was sent to crossbow_ca@.com from PayPal International AG based on your account preferences. Your account is registered on www.paypal.ca. As outlined in our User Agreement, paypal will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. To unsubscribe from this notice, change your notification preferences. Please note that it may take up to 14 days to process your request. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.
See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about paypal's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: http://pages.paypal.ca/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
User Agreement: http://pages.paypal.ca/help/policies/user-agreement.html
Copyright © 2006 paypal, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
paypal and the paypal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of paypal, Inc.

Windy
10-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Everything they tried to auction off under my ebay account was in MyEbay. I was like WTF when I noticed it...and peeps questions were in my email. :mad:

Windy
10-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Dear Windy,
Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your account.
It appears your account was accessed by an unauthorized third party. To
protect your account from further unauthorized use, we temporarily
restricted your account from sending email through Ask Seller a Question
or Contact eBay Member, listing and bidding on items. Additionally, the
email address on your account may have been tampered with, which is why
you may not have received an email about any unauthorized activity. We
have taken steps to secure your eBay account.
If your account was used in any unauthorized activity, such as listing
items or placing bids, this activity was cancelled without incident. Any
associated fees were credited to your account. We assure you that your
credit card information is stored on a secure server and cannot be
viewed by anyone.
To regain control of your account, please follow the steps outlined
below:
1. Change the password on your personal EMAIL account to verify that it
is secure and cannot be accessed by anyone other than you.
2. Click the "Forgot your password" link on the eBay Sign In page and
change your password using the instructions provided.
3. Please contact our Live Help team for assistance removing the bidding
and listing restriction from your account once you have taken steps to
secure your email and create a new eBay password. You can reach the
Account Theft Live Help team by taking the following steps:
a. Click on the "Security Center" link found at the bottom of most eBay
pages.
b. Click on the "eBay Account Protection" link in the Online Security
Resources box.
c. This will take you to the help page entitled Securing Your Account
and Reporting Account Theft.
d. Scroll down the help page to the section entitled Contacting eBay.
e. Click on the "Live help" link.
Programs that block pop-up windows may prevent you from accessing Live
Help. If this is the case, you may be able to temporarily disable the
program or configure the program to allow pop-ups on the eBay site in
order to use Live Help. Additionally, Live Help may not work with some
Web browsers. If you continue to have trouble, you may be able to use
Live Help by updating your browser to the most recent version or by
using a different program to access the eBay site.
If you are unable to contact us through Live Help after taking these
steps, please respond directly to this message to request assistance. We
will contact you by email after we have received your response.
Please be aware that there may be a delay in responses sent by email. In
order to handle your concern as quickly and efficiently as possible, we
encourage you to contact us through Live Help if you are able to do so.
We are committed to making your eBay experiences pleasant and
fulfilling.
Sincerely,
Dennis
eBay SafeHarbor
Investigations Team
Important: eBay will not ask you for sensitive personal information
(such as your password, credit card and bank account numbers, Social
Security numbers, etc.) in an email. Learn more account protection tips
at:
http://www.pages.ebay.com/help/account_protection.html
In order to better serve you, we'd like to occasionally
request feedback on our service. If you would rather
not participate, please click on the link below and send
us an email with the word "REMOVE" in the subject line.
If that does not work, please send an email to the
email address below. Your request will be processed
within 5 days.
mailto:cssremove@ebay.com
Original Message:
To: eBay Customer Support <rswebhelp@ebay.com>
Subject: GS%T00030 Site issue (My eBay) [ 30094T ?01 ]
Form Message %43301% 091099
D_ID102120060937D_ID/W_ID85256891W_ID/S_ID000S_ID
Subject: GS%T00030 Site issue (My eBay) [ 30094T ?01 ]
User Feedback: 221
User State: ?01
Browser Info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
Home > Help > Contact Us > Technical Issues > My eBay > Issue Details
Error Message:
My account problem...
Message: Ebay...I have 29 auctions listed in MyEbay that I didnt list! I
dont know how these auctions got listed on my account and I want this
fixed right away. I want all 29 of these auctions taken off my account.

gqchris
10-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Anyone been to Wells Fargo lately with a Cashiers Check? I have, and let me tell you, its like you are walking in with counterfeit money! The banks dont even want to see them anymore. The scammers have just flooded the market with these bogus checks. I even had the money in my account to cover it, they still wanted a 10 day hold. I have gone to a cash only policy when it comes to selling toys. Sucks cause its a hassle, but the dumb @sses in Nigeria trying to get us to ship boats to them and refund excess money have fouled up the system!

BajaMike
10-26-2006, 12:28 PM
I bet you never recieve the check or the check is no good. I would hold it for at least a month.

centerhill condor
10-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Sucks cause its a hassle, but the dumb @sses in Nigeria trying to get us to ship boats to them and refund excess money have fouled up the system!
this exact scam is alleged to be the motive/rationale for the preacher's wife killing the preacher in Tennessee. She sent the "overage" amount to Nigeria and of course the check was no good. This led to marital stress and murder. These scams are evil. :220v: glad to live in the good ole USA!

Riverless
10-26-2006, 12:42 PM
he's in minnesota, while im in california, which leads me to this being a scam. why is this guy in minnesota lookin @ boats in california.
isn't minnesota the "land of 10,000 lakes?" doesn't sound too far fetched. :p

welk2party
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
I have never bought anything on Ebay. I know many that have, with great success. However, it just seems that the pricing for the things that I am interested in are not any better than I can get elsewhere. I will admit I have not given it a big chance, but just my deal I guess.