PDA

View Full Version : X-Box 360 ???

Rod-64
10-25-2006, 08:27 PM
I just bought one for a Christmas present and 2 different peeps at Best buy said to get the extended warranty.........because they overheat. Anyone have trouble with theirs or is this a blanket statement to sell the $50 warranty. For $400 bucks it should last a little while. :yuk: :crossx:
Thanks!!

Richie Rich
10-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I just bought one for a Christmas present and 2 different peeps at Best buy said to get the extended warranty.........because they overheat. Anyone have trouble with theirs or is this a blanket statement to sell the $50 warranty. For $400 bucks it should last a little while. :yuk: :crossx:
Thanks!!
Mine has been running like a champ since I got it when they 1st hit the street. Maybe they are selling a 2nd Gen. model or something but to be honest for a Microsoft product I was shocked at how "bug free" my gaming system has been.....

dmontzsta
10-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Be prepared for those mofos to drop in price. PS3 is coming out next month and is supposed to be insane. PS2 built in to it, hard drive, blue ray disc capatible, the list goes on...shit is like $559 though...what happened to $99? :D I can remember when the Atari 2500 came out... :220v:

Run_em_Hard
10-26-2006, 04:25 AM
Be prepared for those mofos to drop in price. PS3 is coming out next month and is supposed to be insane. PS2 built in to it, hard drive, blue ray disc capatible, the list goes on...shit is like $559 though...what happened to $99? :D I can remember when the Atari 2500 came out... :220v:
Whats an Atari??? :p :p :p

phebus
10-26-2006, 05:14 AM
You can't buy anything at an electronics store without them trying to sell you an extended warranty. Must be good money for them in those warranties.
Bastards I tell you, no, make that rat bastards! :mad:

lawbreaker2
10-26-2006, 05:17 AM
Whats an Atari??? :p :p :p
Hell, I had pong, atari was for the ballers :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-26-2006, 05:48 AM
I still use "Pong"..... :rollside:
I found it to be the most robust !.... :rolleyes:
Although a touch boring.... :p
Regarding X-Box 360.....Ours only overheated once.... :220v:
Took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it.....Then bought the $50 warranty.... :idea:
Later,
CJG
:)

NOTALENT
10-26-2006, 06:01 AM
This is very true....a co worker is one of those "hardcore" gamers and he has gone through 2 in over a year due to the overheating issue. Definatley get the warranty.

martan
10-26-2006, 06:06 AM
I don't think they overheat during normal usage. Some people aren't normal and play for like 10 hours and the thing never gets shut off. My brother will leave the thing paused to go somewhere. I think the people who use it like this are the ones with overheating issues. It's hard to believe that the seller doesn't get a commission when they sell an extended the way they try to shove them down your throat.

NOTALENT
10-26-2006, 06:12 AM
I just did a quick search on it, and it seems the problem with overheating was that the power supply was on the floor or by other power units ie; vcr, tv, wires etc....
When the power supply is in the air on a box or suspeneded by something away from other similar stuff it cured the problem....hmmmm go figure.

Debbolas
10-26-2006, 06:19 AM
my son says:
xbox 360 has a power cable with a power regulator on it. When they were first made they didn't have the power regulator so some would catch on fire. But that problem has been solved.
We have one. If you want to play regular xbox games on it....go to xbox.com and click on the box that says search and type in updates. So you can burn this on a disk, or order a disk from Xbox for $5. It gets updated a lot so you have to keep burning disks.
Ours has never caught fire....:D

a catered life
10-26-2006, 06:36 AM
my son says:
xbox 360 has a power cable with a power regulator on it. When they were first made they didn't have the power regulator so some would catch on fire. But that problem has been solved.
We have one. If you want to play regular xbox games on it....go to xbox.com and click on the box that says search and type in updates. So you can burn this on a disk, or order a disk from Xbox for $5. It gets updated a lot so you have to keep burning disks.
Ours has never caught fire....:D
as a gamer myself this is the most correct answer so far...they have fixed the overheating problem.......be careful read over the warrenty some stores sell you the same warrenty that the factory already gives you...keep you reciept and box for easy returns

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Mine gets REALLY hot but has yet to overheat. i am not an avid gamer so i suppose the thing could overheat if you played 10 hours a day....

HocusPocus
10-26-2006, 06:56 AM
if you buy it from costco they will replace it no questions asked if you ever have problems with it.

a catered life
10-26-2006, 06:58 AM
if you buy it from costco they will replace it no questions asked if you ever have problems with it.
AGREED

That Guy
10-26-2006, 07:38 AM
I still use "Pong"..... :rollside:
I found it to be the most robust !.... :rolleyes:
Although a touch boring.... :p
Regarding X-Box 360.....Ours only overheated once.... :220v:
Took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it.....Then bought the $50 warranty.... :idea:
Later,
CJG
:)
Ian finally broke you down, huh??? :rollside: :rollside:

riverracerx
10-26-2006, 08:35 AM
I play a few nights a week on LIVE. The first versions DID overheat, but they got all of the bugs worked out now. Mine is even in a cabinet with no problems.
PS3 will be cool, but expensive. 360 will get Gears of War and Halo 3 which will counter the Sony attack, and well I might add. Halo is the best game ever made, even ask a PS2 fanboy!
Well if anyone wants to get their ass handed to them on Xbox LIVE let me know. :)

DAVEO
10-26-2006, 08:56 AM
the 50$ is worth the hastle. My son works at best buy and said they will overheat and freeze up. If you do not buy the warrenty then buy the intercooler it will save the system. He also said the manufacre warrenty is only 90 days from packaging. so dont count on the manufacure to help.