PDA

View Full Version : I've got a gnarley cold....

MudPumper
10-26-2006, 11:12 AM
What are your tricks and tips for dealing with it and getting rid of the congestion??? This thing is phugging killing me. :yuk: :yuk:

AltarGirl
10-26-2006, 11:14 AM
For a sore throat:
hot water, little lemon juice, & LOTS of honey to coat the throat (little singer's trick for before a show)
1 word: TheraFlu!!!!

NOTALENT
What are your tricks and tips for dealing with it and getting rid of the congestion??? This thing is phugging killing me. :yuk: :yuk:
Apple cider vinegar with some honey and brown suger...warm it up like tea. Works every time! :rollside:

centerhill condor
me too! I just let it work out without drugs...maybe a drink or two. Best of luck buddy. Last year I had this bad cold just like now and boat therapy did the trick...maybe you should try it?

Ziggy
10-26-2006, 11:15 AM
I've stayed cold free for over 3 yrs using Airborne.....just the slightest hint of a bug I take it.

little rowe boat
10-26-2006, 11:16 AM
This works for me. When I get in the shower, I take a small bottle of saline and use it like one of those nasal sprays. It gets all of that snot in your nasal passages out and helps clear you up.

AltarGirl
10-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I've stayed cold free for over 3 yrs using Airborne.....just the slightest hint of a bug I take it.
OH YEAH! That stuff's AWESOME!!! I got throught 8 months of school taking Airborne like it was goin out of style

LAFD
10-26-2006, 11:17 AM
airborne and that crap you squirt up your nose to make it stop runnin and clear it up alittle.

AvengerBabe
10-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Emergen-C from Trader Joes. Mix two packets in small bottle (.5L) of water. Do it several times a day...I probably drink 3-4 bottles of this for good measure.... Works EVERY time and a cold practically goes away overnight.

Ziggy
10-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Emergen-C from Trader Joes. Mix two packets in small bottle (.5L) of water. Do it several times a day...I probably drink 3-4 bottles of this for good measure.... Works EVERY time and a cold practically goes away overnight.
Thats the secondary stuff I use after airborne.........little more sandy but it seems to help too.
My Rx bro says these products seem to mask the symptoms well.

Mandelon
10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
I hit it with everything. Airborne, Emergen-C and a cold pill like Nyquil or Dayquil at the first hint of getting a cold. That will usually kill it within a day.
If it persists I just load up on the above and add additional cold/flu meds. Yes, you get a medicine head, but the buzz isn't too bad and you feel better for sure.
For temporary relief spank off a load, and you will get rid of the sniffles for a little while. :p

rojo4
10-26-2006, 11:32 AM
I felt a cold coming on Monday and hit it with Airborne, and Vitamin C. These work best for me at the first signs of a cold. There are a bunch of new flavors on the shelves now. If you already have the bug Airborne and vitamin C seem to help shorten the life of my colds. Good luck.

bigq
10-26-2006, 11:48 AM
I hit it with everything. Airborne, Emergen-C and a cold pill like Nyquil or Dayquil at the first hint of getting a cold. That will usually kill it within a day.
If it persists I just load up on the above and add additional cold/flu meds. Yes, you get a medicine head, but the buzz isn't too bad and you feel better for sure.
For temporary relief spank off a load, and you will get rid of the sniffles for a little while. :p
Holy Crap! :skull:

bigq
10-26-2006, 11:49 AM
8 ball should do the trick :rollside: :220v:

djunkie
10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Yup, I've got it too. I get sick everyyear at this time and nothing works for me. I've tried everything from airborne to OD'ing on the over the counter stuff. Just have to wait it out. Drinks lots of water and rest.

SHOTKALLIN
10-26-2006, 12:22 PM
i just got over one i had since Labor Day. misdiagnosed twice. they kept telling me it was alergies. :crossx:

Mandelon
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Maybe not a cold....could be....mold. :skull:

welk2party
10-26-2006, 12:44 PM
I do a variety of things, but rinsing your mouth with a poweful mouthwash often seems to help a lot too. It was a tip I got from someone and it really helps.

CornWater
10-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Well, I didn't see that coming... I've got a pretty nice spray pattern of coke on my monitor now....LMAO
:)

Bense468
10-26-2006, 02:01 PM
DRINK THROUGH IT
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9011/fddkspiritsbynamealljacfn4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

moneypit
10-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Blowjobs keep colds away. (getting, mot giving)

Devil's Advocate
10-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Got a pretty good one myself. :yuk: Other than boosting your immune system before you get sick and keeping your nutrients and liquids replenished in your body, pretty much everything else treats the symptoms and not the virus. It'll go away when it's run it's course. But plenty of stuff out there to make it less agonizing, I agree with that.