PDA

View Full Version : 4 Firefighters dead

3 daytona`s
10-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Arnold ,just announced $100,000.00 reward for arsonists arrest.

MsDrmr
10-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh my gosh thats awful. Info please.
Where, what happend?

phebus
10-27-2006, 10:54 AM
I would think that it's everyone's civic responsibility to voluntarily provide any information that would lead to the arrest of the sick individual whose actions led to the deaths of the firefighters that were coming to the aid of others.
If a reward is what is needed for one to come forward, so be it, but I hope that any money's would be given back to the victim's families.

Riverless
10-27-2006, 10:55 AM
here is a link with a pretty good map of the fire and pics of 3 of the firemen. :cry:
http://towncrier.com/

djunkie
10-27-2006, 10:55 AM
I would think that it's everyone's civic responsibility to voluntarily provide any information that would lead to the arrest of the sick individual whose actions led to the deaths of the firefighters that were coming to the aid of others.
If a reward is what is needed for one to come forward, so be it, but I hope that any money's would be given back to the victim's families.
I agree. But unfortunately a lot of others think different than us.

little rowe boat
10-27-2006, 12:16 PM
I am at work today and the talk is that the 5th firefighter is on life support and not expected to make it.
This is very very sad.
Breaks my heart to think about their families.

MBlaster
10-27-2006, 12:24 PM
One of my friends lost their house in twin pines. They were allerted by firemen pre dawn and had just enough time to hitch up the horsetrailer, get the animals and scram. They lost all their belongings. Including 1 horse that didn't make it out.

lalhc
10-27-2006, 01:51 PM
There's another f-kn arsonist in my area of Lake Arrowhead. CHP is questining an individual right now that fit's the arsonist description. Note, this has nothing to do w/the Esparanza fire, just another f-kn idiot :mad:
http://rimoftheworld.net/columns/rotw/arsonist

ratso
10-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Is that dead or alive??? :mad:

racecar.hotshoe
10-27-2006, 01:59 PM
reward up to 400K now......................

Debbolas
10-27-2006, 02:55 PM
so sad for the families...........my heart goes out to them........hope they get the arsonist:(

blackcloud75
10-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Don't give Gov. Schwarzenegger the credit...........
Fire Chief J.R. Hawkins(RivCoFD/CDF) stated this yesterday 20 min. after the area of orgin was investigated and Arson was determined(approx. 0930)
The only reason he stated the reward, because he declared a "state of emergency" for Riv. Co. today........and the Upcoming Election
Godspeed my brothers.........

3 daytona`s
10-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Is that dead or alive??? :mad:
Big difference between arson and murder :mad:

CBadDad
10-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Arnold doesn't give a rat's ass about firefighters and he certainly isn't posting any of his own money for the reward. It is all of California's money.
Here are our departed Brothers. Godspeed men!
The San Bernardino National Forest has released the names of the firefighters who lost their lives Thursday morning in the Esperanza Fire. They are:
Capt. Mark Loutzenhiser, 44, of Idyllwild, had 21 years of service. He was a
certified emergency management technician (EMT). He previously worked on the
Vista Grande Hot Shots and a Riverside County volunteer firefighter. He
majored in fire science at Mt. San Jacinto College. Mark was a great
supporter and coach for the youth sports program.
Jess McLean, 27, of Beaumont, was the fire engine operator and had seven
years of service. He had also been on the Vista Grande Hot Shots for three
years. He graduated from Banning High School in 1997 and attended fire
science classes at Crafton Hills College.
Jason McKay, 27, of Phelan, was assistant fire engine operator and had five
years of service and four years as a volunteer firefighter in Adelanto. He
also served on the Mojave Greens Type II crew. He was a certified EMT and
has an associate’s degree in fire science.
Daniel Hoover-Najera, 20, of San Jacinto, was in his second year of service.
He worked on the Tahquitz Type II crew in 2005 and was a seasonal employee
in 2006. He graduated from San Jacinto Mountain View High School in 2004.
The name of the firefighter who remains in critical condition is:
Pablo Cerda, 23, of Fountain Valley. He is in his second season of service. He also had previously worked on the Tahquitz Type II crew. He graduated from Los Amigos High School in Santa Ana in 2001 and attended fire academy at Riverside Community College.

3 daytona`s
10-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Arnold doesn't give a rat's ass about firefighters and he certainly isn't posting any of his own money for the reward. It is all of California's money.
Here are our departed Brothers. Godspeed men!
The San Bernardino National Forest has released the names of the firefighters who lost their lives Thursday morning in the Esperanza Fire. They are:
Capt. Mark Loutzenhiser, 44, of Idyllwild, had 21 years of service. He was a
certified emergency management technician (EMT). He previously worked on the
Vista Grande Hot Shots and a Riverside County volunteer firefighter. He
majored in fire science at Mt. San Jacinto College. Mark was a great
supporter and coach for the youth sports program.
Jess McLean, 27, of Beaumont, was the fire engine operator and had seven
years of service. He had also been on the Vista Grande Hot Shots for three
years. He graduated from Banning High School in 1997 and attended fire
science classes at Crafton Hills College.
Jason McKay, 27, of Phelan, was assistant fire engine operator and had five
years of service and four years as a volunteer firefighter in Adelanto. He
also served on the Mojave Greens Type II crew. He was a certified EMT and
has an associate’s degree in fire science.
Daniel Hoover-Najera, 20, of San Jacinto, was in his second year of service.
He worked on the Tahquitz Type II crew in 2005 and was a seasonal employee
in 2006. He graduated from San Jacinto Mountain View High School in 2004.
The name of the firefighter who remains in critical condition is:
Pablo Cerda, 23, of Fountain Valley. He is in his second season of service. He also had previously worked on the Tahquitz Type II crew. He graduated from Los Amigos High School in Santa Ana in 2001 and attended fire academy at Riverside Community College.
Hey everyone I`m not bragging up Arnold just making a point his announcement of the reward.I just was sickened that someone started it in the first place,that is one sick POS. :crossx:

CBadDad
10-27-2006, 04:23 PM
No worries 3Daytona's.
I just wonder how much these poor guys widows and orphans will get for survivor benefits? I think I'll do a search...

3 daytona`s
10-27-2006, 04:30 PM
No worries 3Daytona's.
I just wonder how much these poor guys widows and orphans will get for survivor benefits? I think I'll do a search...
I heard the fire changed directions and moved so fast the poor guys had no chance,can you imagine burning to death?Maybe sick to say but if Arson, may be an appropriate sentence.I bet the families would vote for it.A Husband,Father,Son,Brother O how many lives changed. :(

Kilrtoy
10-27-2006, 04:36 PM
I heard the fire changed directions and moved so fast the poor guys had no chance,can you imagine burning to death?Maybe sick to say but if Arson, may be an appropriate sentence.I bet the families would vote for it.A Husband,Father,Son,Brother O how many lives changed. :(
I got caught just like that a year ago protecting the firemen who were trying to stop a fire from destroying peoples homes...
One of the top three scariest times in my life....
I feel for those families as their life has just been changed forever

3 daytona`s
10-27-2006, 04:39 PM
I got caught just like that a year ago protecting the firemen who were trying to stop a fire from destroying peoples homes...
One of the top three scariest times in my life....
I feel for those families as their life has just been changed forever
KILR,I had heard the term firestorm for years,not realizing it is a fact and an extremely powerful one at that.Creates it`s own winds and weather factor itself.

CBadDad
10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
KILR,I had heard the term firestorm for years,not realizing it is a fact and an extremely powerful one at that.Creates it`s own winds and weather factor itself.
That's true and it moves so damn fast there's not much you can do when conditions change.
Here's what I found about survivors benefits;
When federal employees die in the course of performing their jobs, their surviving spouses are eligible for 50 percent of their pay indefinitely, or until they remarry. If the employee has children, the widow gets 45 percent of pay and each child gets 15 percent. The government also pays for up to $800 in burial expenses.
Now I have no way of knowing what each guys salary was, especially since two were full time employees and the other two (and possibly the third) were only seasonal. Assuming that the Captain was a GS11 (which seems about right), his pay was approx $44K/yr. That doesn't leave much for their widows and orphans, but it is better than I thought. No thanks to Arnold mind you...
Arnold SUX!

Debbolas
10-27-2006, 05:05 PM
They showed on TV where the fire trapped the firemen.
I was surprised to see it was flat land They probably thought they were ok because there were no hills around for the fire to burn up toward them.
Just very, very sad :(
a fire storm makes sense...they couldn't get out in time :(

Kilrtoy
10-27-2006, 05:21 PM
The only thing I know about fire is it is very hot
Yes they have there own wind patterns and they move very fast.
Im sure the FD on here can explain how they work
VERY SCARY STUFF.
GODSPEEED THOSE FOUR GUYS AND THEIR FAMILIES
Hope the fifth one makes it . but does not look good

chub
10-27-2006, 05:28 PM
May the Lord bless and keep all involved.

little rowe boat
10-27-2006, 06:15 PM
They showed on TV where the fire trapped the firemen.
I was surprised to see it was flat land They probably thought they were ok because there were no hills around for the fire to burn up toward them.
Just very, very sad :(
a fire storm makes sense...they couldn't get out in time :(
Actually the house they were trying to protect was at the top of a small plateau and with the winds blowing as hard as it was, made it an even worse situation.

Back Forty
10-27-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't have patients for this stuff. I lost friends in the line of duty and have never really found a good way to deal with it seeing how I always made it when it was at it's worst. I have deep sympathy for those lost and second to the families and closest. It's hard to think across the lines about the scum that are responsible. I don't have care for their lives for sure. whats that leave?
Whatever, I hope they get whats coming; I hope it's minimum of nonexistance.

CBadDad
11-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Number five passed away yesterday.
Godspeed brother.
:(

hoolign
11-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Hopefully they catch the bastard(s) Godspeed to the families!
very sad!

BoatPI
11-02-2006, 11:19 AM
They just charged the ass that started this fire, he is the guy that arrested a few days ago for two ther fires off of I-15.

myoung
11-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Number five passed away yesterday.
Godspeed brother.
:(
This was incredibly disappointing to hear.
I found out he had the same surgeon I had when I was in the Arrowhead burn center and thought for sure this was a sign he would make it. The guy is the best there is. The guy in the room next to mine was burned as bad as the fireman and he managed to survive so I thought Pablo would have a chance. I guess his body just couldn't fight it. :frown:

CBadDad
11-02-2006, 07:42 PM
I don't know how anybody could survive 90% of third degree burns. Basically, the only part of his body that wasn't burned was his feet that were covered by his boots. Not a pleasant way to spend your last moments on this earth.
I hope they fry the bastard that caused this.

myoung
11-02-2006, 08:00 PM
I don't know how anybody could survive 90% of third degree burns. Basically, the only part of his body that wasn't burned was his feet that were covered by his boots. Not a pleasant way to spend your last moments on this earth.
It was pretty hard to believe the guy could survive and to look at him, you'd think if it was you, you'd rather not survive. Every square inch of him was scar tissue, made me feel better about my measly 30%. They had him soaking in some kind of solution bath almost every time I went past his room. He was like 92% or 95% and managed to make it through, more luck than anything I'm sure. The shame is that guy was a piece of crap gang banger that caught himself on fire by throwing a molotov and it blew back on him and he lives, but the firefighter didn't make it. Just sucks all over, I really hoped they could save him. Knowing that burn unit as I do, it was his best chance for survival, it's one of the best in the state.