PDA

View Full Version : If you quit smoking right now...

Jbb
10-28-2006, 06:05 PM
In 20 minutes your blood pressure will drop back down to normal.
In 8 hours the carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) levels in your blood stream will drop by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal.
In 48 hours your chance of having a heart attack will have decreased. All nicotine will have left your body. Your sense of taste and smell will return to a normal level.
In 72 hours your bronchial tubes will relax, and your energy levels will increase.
In 2 weeks your circulation will increase, and it will continue to improve for the next 10 weeks.
In three to nine months coughs, wheezing and breathing problems will dissipate as your lung capacity improves by 10%.
In 1 year your risk of having a heart attack will have dropped by half.
In 5 years your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.
In 10 years your risk of lung cancer will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
In 15 years your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker.

racecar.hotshoe
10-28-2006, 06:11 PM
What fun would that be.............. :rolleyes:

RitcheyRch
10-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Amazing

Tom Brown
10-28-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm going to wait for the "If you start smoking right now..." thread before I decide which way I'm going. :idea:

hoolign
10-28-2006, 06:29 PM
I put my last smoke out 20 minutes ago..and your really starting to piss me off! :mad:

ratso
10-28-2006, 06:51 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3036ceilingmuralct9.jpg
Ceiling mural in a smoker's lounge...

ratso
10-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Well, I'm about to head to my nightclub job and breathe in second hand smoke all night...

FMluvswater
10-28-2006, 07:16 PM
In 10 years your risk of lung cancer will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
Good to know. :cool: I'm almost there.

hoolign
10-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Good to know. :cool: I'm almost there.
Wooo Hooo..lets celebrate!....show me your tits! :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
10-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Why would anyone stop smoking?? :idea:
That's like saying you are going to stop masturbating so you don't get carpal tunnel... :D

hoolign
10-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Why would anyone stop smoking?? :idea:
That's like saying you are going to stop masturbating so you don't get carpal tunnel... :D
masturbating causes carpal tunnel???...i'm fukked! :mad:

Wizard29
10-28-2006, 08:05 PM
In 1 year your risk of having a heart attack will have dropped by half.
In 5 years your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.
In 15 years your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
In 100 years or less you are dead anyway.

FMluvswater
10-28-2006, 08:08 PM
:crossx:

HCS
10-28-2006, 08:09 PM
What happens if you quit eating bacon?
Or maybe stop beating off? what's the point???

ULTRA26 # 1
10-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks.

Troy McClure
10-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Well, I'm about to head to my nightclub job and breathe in second hand smoke all night...
Don't worry, no one has EVER died of "second hand smoke". You'll be just fine.
But, you should make sure that you wore your seatbelt, helmet, were in your carseat, whatever, while on your way to work you might hurt yourself. Maybe we should make a law that protects you from yourself....oh, never mind.
:yuk: :rolleyes: :yuk:

BajaMike
10-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Smoking used to be easy to quit, until the government started telling everyone it was addicting. I quit 20 years ago, no big deal, felt way better and never looked back.
:idea:
Then the government told everyone how addicting it is....(big mistake).....now everyone needs gum and therapy and all that sh*t. It's not really addicting....believe that and it's much easier to quit!
:idea:
It was a big tobaco/government scam, because they both make so much money from cigs. :idea:
It's no big deal quitting, just do it, you'll feel much better, you just need to learn to do something else with your hands and lips.....the spouse can help with that!:D

Moneypitt
10-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I think I could quit if I really wanted to. I say that because I did quit for 14 months once a couple of years ago. I've found the hardest part is long distance driving, and waiting on the ramp during a circle race.......Those are the times I smoke the most. Quit boat racing, no ramp, no long trips, waaa laaa, no smoke........I know, I know, but my smokes are my friends, even though they're killing me.......And yes, I think about quitting every day...........This post was good. If 1/2 of it is true, it is a great enticement to quit and get back whatever time will allow me to...........Ray

Cheap Thrills
10-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Hell I quit everytime I put one out.
Don't bitch to me about my smoking and I wont put my cigarette out on your face.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132smokin.gif
C.T. :wink:

Huckleberry
10-29-2006, 12:11 AM
I just happen to be fortunate enough to be in possession of a picture of one of FM's tits! Who wants to see it???

FMluvswater
10-29-2006, 12:40 AM
I just happen to be fortunate enough to be in possession of a picture of one of FM's tits! Who wants to see it???
I'd like to see that. :confused: :D

Cheap Thrills
10-29-2006, 12:44 AM
I'd like to see that. :confused: :D
Me too, it would go nicely with the bananna pic :D

Huckleberry
10-29-2006, 12:45 AM
It's a purdy lil tit. I hope no one is offended by this!
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2550Bird-Blue_tit-0173.jpg :D :D :D

FMluvswater
10-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Me too, it would go nicely with the bananna pic :D
Oh you hush now! :p

FMluvswater
10-29-2006, 12:47 AM
It's a purdy lil tit. I hope no one is offended by this!
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2550Bird-Blue_tit-0173.jpg :D :D :D
I suspected it was THAT one :redface: nothing like making fun of my mice sitch at the same time I suppose eh :(

Huckleberry
10-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Mice sitch???

FMluvswater
10-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Mice sitch???
titmouse?? I still gots mice ... unintentional? k nevermind :squiggle:
Oh and all smokers should decide to quit for multiple compounded over time health benefits :smile: (what hijack? where? :confused: I'd never do such a thing :) :crossx: )

Mrs.Killer
10-29-2006, 12:53 AM
but smoking is cool !! ...... isn't it ?? :skull:
Well of course it is, thats why im starting today..... :rolleyes:

Huckleberry
10-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Unintentional, but it made me snicker now ya mention it. I have a mice/rat problem myself. I hate them critters. We've had an exterminator trying to get rid of them for about 5 months now. Every time we think they're gone I start seeing rat poop in my dog's water bowls again! :mad: My spa stopped working last week. I took the sides off and found rat tunnels all through the foam insulation. It reeked of rat pee and poop! YUK!!! As I was using my shop vac to suck the junk out I found four of them inside. Two got away, but I was able to suck up two of them DIE BASTARDS! Unfortunately, the big one got away and is still at large. They've chewed through many wires and water lines. I was soooo pissed! Time to sit out at night with the air rifle and play Rat Arcade!

FMluvswater
10-29-2006, 02:14 AM
Unintentional, but it made me snicker now ya mention it. I have a mice/rat problem myself. I hate them critters. We've had an exterminator trying to get rid of them for about 5 months now. Every time we think they're gone I start seeing rat poop in my dog's water bowls again! :mad: My spa stopped working last week. I took the sides off and found rat tunnels all through the foam insulation. It reeked of rat pee and poop! YUK!!! As I was using my shop vac to suck the junk out I found four of them inside. Two got away, but I was able to suck up two of them DIE BASTARDS! Unfortunately, the big one got away and is still at large. They've chewed through many wires and water lines. I was soooo pissed! Time to sit out at night with the air rifle and play Rat Arcade!
Mice are bad enough can't fathom rats. :yuk: You have my sympathies, Huck. Them f'ing mice f'ed with my internet connection by chewing my wires I'm still a lil bit pissed about that even though I fixed the problem with a replacement adapter. :mad:
Over two dozen mice have been caught in here on glue traps over the past two years or so. One got his hindleg caught in a snap trap and tried dragging it along to escape. I dropped him (carefully :rolleyes: and whilst avoiding eye contact) into a coffee can and put him outside building management office door. Somebody dealt with it; it was gone next day. I've a corner unit tv stand. I've recently come to suspect they've made a home inside of it. Gonna get staff here to dispose of that now. :notam: I'll be so happy when I get to move out of here - for a lot of reasons.
Edit: oh and no smoking :D

Huckleberry
10-29-2006, 02:19 AM
The bummer of your sitch is who knows how many of the critters are living in you attached neighbors homes. Mice, rats, their all disgusting vermin! I had mice a few years back. They tunneled through the drywall of my house after finding a very small crak between the foundation and outer wall. Came home from work one day smelled that familiar rat pee smell in the house. I walked into my offce and saw a small hole in the wal that was not there in the morning. The stench was coming out of that little hole. I opened it up and saw they mad a nest inside my wall. Mr. Shopvac got them too!!!

FMluvswater
10-29-2006, 02:29 AM
The bummer of your sitch is who knows how many of the critters are living in you attached neighbors homes. Mice, rats, their all disgusting vermin! I had mice a few years back. They tunneled through the drywall of my house after finding a very small crak between the foundation and outer wall. Came home from work one day smelled that familiar rat pee smell in the house. I walked into my offce and saw a small hole in the wal that was not there in the morning. The stench was coming out of that little hole. I opened it up and saw they mad a nest inside my wall. Mr. Shopvac got them too!!!
The real kicker is this is a new f'ing building! I moved in one month after the building was completed and within the first six months we started seeing mice. :mad: They seem to be coming in from the back alley under the generous space under the door. :rolleyes: Pest control has repeatedly advised management to put a barrier strip under the door there. So management put rubber strips under all the apartment doors. Genius eh. Guess how long it took them shitters to chew the ends and crawl back into our places? :notam: Mere hours. From where I'm sitting it seems only token effort has been expended to resolve the rodent problem. Don't know what the hold up is and don't care; I'm tired of hearing excuses I just want the lil f'ers gone and gone for good. Bet by the time I move out they'll still have a mice problem here. :rolleyes: Whatever.

Huckleberry
10-29-2006, 02:43 AM
I think I'd be making a few phone calls to the local vector control folks and whoever monitors rental property. Most areas require very few things of landlords, but one of them is to provide a rodent & vermin free living environment.

FMluvswater
10-29-2006, 02:48 AM
I think I'd be making a few phone calls to the local vector control folks and whoever monitors rental property. Most areas require very few things of landlords, but one of them is to provide a rodent & vermin free living environment.
I might do that yet. Meantime I've ranted more than enough about it. Back to gritting my teeth. :D

Huckleberry
10-29-2006, 02:51 AM
We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread about quitting smoking.

FMluvswater
10-29-2006, 02:53 AM
We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread about quitting smoking.
What he said. :redface:

centerhill condor
10-29-2006, 05:49 AM
I smoked for 17 years and had tried to stop more than once. One day I set a date about 9 months ahead and on that day I smoked the remaining half pack or so one right after the other. I think that is a variation of cessation therapy minus the $400 bucks an hour asking how I feel about it. Haven't had one since and give God the glory. I did by one of those hand squeezing spring things for the car for about 6 months and a harmonica..did the trick. That was in '94. I gained a little weight and grew and inch or so. Haven't wanted to smoke tobacco. My new wife smoked and drank...she quit the smokes. After a couple years she kept talking about wanting to smoke. We visited my buddy's wife and my wife had a cig. Never wants another one.
I figured it costs $90 a month to smoke in '94...can't imagine what it costs today!

Moneypitt
10-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Mice hate second hand smoke. As a smoker I have no mice. Something to consider before you quit...........MP

FMluvswater
10-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Mice hate second hand smoke. As a smoker I have no mice. Something to consider before you quit...........MP
:idea: Tempting like you wouldn't believe. If I burn tobacco in lil tinfoil pie plates ... hmm ... smoke alarms are too sensitive so much for that. :D I should have let my cousin Joey teach me to use the slingshot is what. Hindsight sucks. :( Looking back on what life was like as a smoker is making me steadfast in never becoming one again. :wink:

Moneypitt
10-29-2006, 04:43 PM
:idea: Tempting like you wouldn't believe. If I burn tobacco in lil tinfoil pie plates ... hmm ... smoke alarms are too sensitive so much for that. :D I should have let my cousin Joey teach me to use the slingshot is what. Hindsight sucks. :( Looking back on what life was like as a smoker is making me steadfast in never becoming one again. :wink:
By all means stay quit. Mice won't kill you. (well there is that virus thing, but you're better off taking your chances with the mice than with smoking tobacco)...................MP

FMluvswater
10-29-2006, 04:53 PM
By all means stay quit. Mice won't kill you. (well there is that virus thing, but you're better off taking your chances with the mice than with smoking tobacco)...................MP
Okay but as soon as "they" say smoking isn't unhealthful afterall; that it was something else doing all that bad stuff I hope someone tells me cuz I'd really like a cigarette. :D Would they drop the prices in that case do you think? :idea: