PDA

View Full Version : Since its Halloween soon

Her454
10-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Whats the scariest movie you have ever seen? I actually have a few that made an impact........
1. Halloween, the Michael Myers Movie.......
2. American X (I think thats the name) That movie game me nightmares for YEARS because of a certain scene in it.
3. Jaws - Scared me out of the ocean for years LOL

Tom Brown
10-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Thorn Birds

DILLIGAF
10-30-2006, 10:44 AM
The Shining...when it first came out
The Excorcist....still don't want to watch it

Bradman
10-30-2006, 10:46 AM
The Omen. :skull: :skull: Watched one time and one time only.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Nite of the living dead,, one of the re-makes.

FMluvswater
10-30-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm down with that exactly. :2purples:
Also ...
When A Stranger Calls (the original)
The Thing
Poltergeist (just parts of it - the tree and that damned clown :( )

FMluvswater
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Whats the scariest movie you have ever seen? I actually have a few that made an impact........
2. American X (I think thats the name) That movie game me nightmares for YEARS because of a certain scene in it.
"Mister Sandman bring me a dream" such an innocuous little song :crossx:

Ziggy
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
The Birds.
Attack of the Killer Kool-Aiders :D...oh I meant Killer Tomatos :p

Cheap Thrills
10-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Brokeback Mountain. :eek:
Naaa Seriously I didn't see it but thought the answer was funny.
Friday the 13th part 3 in 3D.
The Grudge was pretty creepy.
C.T. :wink:

Biglue
10-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Ha ha....the Exorcist still scares the shit out of me to this day. IT by Stephen King (Pretty sure that's the name of the movie with the evil clown)...that's pretty scary also. :cry:

Her454
10-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Ha ha....the Exorcist still scares the shit out of me to this day. IT by Stephen King (Pretty sure that's the name of the movie with the evil clown)...that's pretty scary also. :cry:
That freaking clown is scary, I forgot about that one. :cry: I still to this day have never seen the Omen or the Excorcist.
FM, what is the name of the movie where the calls are coming from inside the house? ........ I think the girl is babysitting......... I vaguely remember that one.

Biglue
10-30-2006, 12:00 PM
That freaking clown is scary, I forgot about that one. :cry: I still to this day have never seen the Omen or the Excorcist.
FM, what is the name of the movie where the calls are coming from inside the house? ........ I think the girl is babysitting......... I vaguely remember that one.
Omen is another freaky one......pretty much anything that involves religion scares me for some reason. There's one of the Exorcist movies where they're searching for a spirit that posses people into killing. There is a scene that takes place in a convalescent home or hospital and there is an old lady crawling on the cealing, THAT freaked the hell out of me too. :skull:

FMluvswater
10-30-2006, 12:03 PM
When A Stranger Calls "have you checked the children?" :cry: :D

FMluvswater
10-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Pennywise is the unfunniest clown ever. :2purples:

UltraClean
10-30-2006, 12:08 PM
I have to agree that IT scared me sh*tless when I was younger!!! My brohter hates clowns because of that movie.... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

FMluvswater
10-30-2006, 12:10 PM
If merely disturbing counts I'm gonna go ahead and mention Wes Craven's New Nightmare. I'm a Nightmare On Elm Street series/Freddy fan (except for #2 cuz it royally sucked! :notam: ) but that New Nightmare messed with my head a lil bit. :squiggle: Saw it in the theatre. I mangled my drink container while watching it and didn't realise I had until the credits rolled. :idea:

FMluvswater
10-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Almost forgot to mention Alien. The lack of music. That was scariest one IMO ones after that were just kind of intense but fun to watch.

Her454
10-30-2006, 12:18 PM
When A Stranger Calls "have you checked the children?" :cry: :D
Ok wasn't sure if that was the same one, that one freaked me out too. :cry:
My brohter hates clowns because of that movie.... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
ME TOO.
If merely disturbing counts I'm gonna go ahead and mention Wes Craven's New Nightmare. I'm a Nightmare On Elm Street series/Freddy fan (except for #2 cuz it royally sucked! :notam: ) but that New Nightmare messed with my head a lil bit. :squiggle: Saw it in the theatre. I mangled my drink container while watching it and didn't realise I had until the credits rolled. :idea:
Forgot about those too. The first one scared the hell out of me..........
One, two.... Freddie's coming for you...
three, four.... better lock your door
five, six.....grab your crucifix
seven, eight......better stay up late
nine, ten.........never sleep again

FMluvswater
10-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Forgot about those too. The first one scared the hell out of me..........
One, two.... Freddie's coming for you...
three, four.... better lock your door
five, six.....grab your crucifix
seven, eight......better stay up late
nine, ten.........never sleep again
First time I watched the first one I was drunk (possibly high too as there WAS a huge cloud of wacky tabakky smoke in the room :idea: ). I laughed my ass off all the way through it. When I watched it while sober it admittedly had some scare merit but I was still laughing at parts of it especially when Freddy fell down the stairs he's on fricken fire and he says "ouch" :D - it still makes me wanna laugh. Freddy's why I'll watch them all. :crossx:

cxr133
10-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Amityville Horror
the Fog
Devils Advocate was pretty scary when your watching at 3am, drunk!!!

Jbb
10-30-2006, 01:09 PM
The sound of music..

FMluvswater
10-30-2006, 01:12 PM
The sound of music..
:idea: ... the lonely goatherd scene? :confused:

Froggystyle
10-30-2006, 01:28 PM
I can't stand scary movies because my imagination is so intense that I will just have horrible nightmares for days. Learned my lesson...
That being said, I visited my cousins in Orange county one summer when I lived up in Sonoma. My slightly older cousin had just turned 15 or so and we took a car down the street to the movies and the only thing playing was "Psycho 2". I didn't really want to watch it, but I didn't want to be a puss either. So, we went in and watched it.
Most of the way through the movie, our hero is driving through a sick rainstorm, on a levee road with a dead body in the back that he has to get rid of. Thunder, lightning, sideways rain etc... Well, sure as hell, the body isn't really dead, and it starts to rise from the back seat as he strains forward trying to see the road through all of the weather.
The music gets louder and louder, the "dead" body gets higher and higher into your view and the weather gets worse and worse. The body's hands reach around slowly to strangle the driver, but only creep towards his throat as the music and scene comes to a crecendo. Just as the dead guy grabs the drivers throat with a vengeance....
Two teenage chicks behind us grab us by the throats and scream bloody murder!
Popcorn everywhere, I basically screamed like a bitch and my heart exploded. I am almost certain that I turtled a little bit and maybe touched some cloth too.
Hands down the best scare of my life.
I don't watch scary movies anymore.
We got phone numbers after the movie. ;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Are you talking about American History X? The skinhead movie? The curb scene?

Her454
10-30-2006, 01:35 PM
I can't stand scary movies because my imagination is so intense that I will just have horrible nightmares for days. Learned my lesson...
That being said, I visited my cousins in Orange county one summer when I lived up in Sonoma. My slightly older cousin had just turned 15 or so and we took a car down the street to the movies and the only thing playing was "Psycho 2". I didn't really want to watch it, but I didn't want to be a puss either. So, we went in and watched it.
Most of the way through the movie, our hero is driving through a sick rainstorm, on a levee road with a dead body in the back that he has to get rid of. Thunder, lightning, sideways rain etc... Well, sure as hell, the body isn't really dead, and it starts to rise from the back seat as he strains forward trying to see the road through all of the weather.
The music gets louder and louder, the "dead" body gets higher and higher into your view and the weather gets worse and worse. The body's hands reach around slowly to strangle the driver, but only creep towards his throat as the music and scene comes to a crecendo. Just as the dead guy grabs the drivers throat with a vengeance....
Two teenage chicks behind us grab us by the throats and scream bloody murder!
Popcorn everywhere, I basically screamed like a bitch and my heart exploded. I am almost certain that I turtled a little bit and maybe touched some cloth too.
Hands down the best scare of my life.
I don't watch scary movies anymore.
We got phone numbers after the movie. ;)
ROTFLMAO! Thanks Wes, you just made me day. :rollside:

Her454
10-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Are you talking about American History X? The skinhead movie? The curb scene?
YES, that seriously damaged my ability to sleep for a long time. Movies don't normally bother me like that but that did a number on me for sure. I still dont like to even think about it.

AltarGirl
10-30-2006, 02:03 PM
This was on last night & it still terrifies me.

Her454
10-30-2006, 02:09 PM
This was on last night & it still terrifies me.
He does make a great psycho doesn't he? :crossx:
REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM

Froggystyle
10-30-2006, 02:26 PM
American History X was just on Starz last weekend and I Tivo'd it.
Disturbing, yes. I thought that the way that they sent the anti-violence message was profound though. The ways that they showed the hatred to be nothing but self-propagating and self-serving was brilliant too. I think my favorite part was when the skinheads turned on him and it became instantly clear that the fallacies involved in a system of hate were serious and real. The prison, the meeting at the end etc. were all very real to me, coming up from a very punk rock post-adolescence.
I had a lot of "Straight-edge" peeps coming to our shows. No Neo-Nazis that I knew of, but plenty of fringe groups. As with anything else, living on the fringe is going to dictate a certain outlook, and these guys showed it for sure.
I think that the American History X was one of the greatest movies of all time with regard to race relations, the importance of involvement in finding solutions (Not merely "not-participating") and highlighting that these hateful groups on both sides of the coin exist.
What scares me the most about it is that people think they need to polarize to survive. Republican/Democrat, White/Black etc... They implied that without the support of the Neo-Nazi's he would have been seriously abused in prison, and once he turned his back on them he would be killed by the blacks. Which of course makes the rest of the problems worse.

Biglue
10-30-2006, 02:39 PM
American History X was just on Starz last weekend and I Tivo'd it.
Disturbing, yes. I thought that the way that they sent the anti-violence message was profound though. The ways that they showed the hatred to be nothing but self-propagating and self-serving was brilliant too. I think my favorite part was when the skinheads turned on him and it became instantly clear that the fallacies involved in a system of hate were serious and real. The prison, the meeting at the end etc. were all very real to me, coming up from a very punk rock post-adolescence.
I had a lot of "Straight-edge" peeps coming to our shows. No Neo-Nazis that I knew of, but plenty of fringe groups. As with anything else, living on the fringe is going to dictate a certain outlook, and these guys showed it for sure.
I think that the American History X was one of the greatest movies of all time with regard to race relations, the importance of involvement in finding solutions (Not merely "not-participating") and highlighting that these hateful groups on both sides of the coin exist.
What scares me the most about it is that people think they need to polarize to survive. Republican/Democrat, White/Black etc... They implied that without the support of the Neo-Nazi's he would have been seriously abused in prison, and once he turned his back on them he would be killed by the blacks. Which of course makes the rest of the problems worse.
I watched that movie a few times. It took me a couple times to capture new stuff in messages like you mentioned. I agree, that movie is extremely touching. If it wasn't for all the violence, I would think that would be a great tool in schools for educating young kids. All it takes is one convincing individual to propose and idealogy or belief for a young kid to fall into the shit seen in that movie. I also like the way the movie did not overly play out the roles of the skin heads or gangsters like other similar films. It focused on the story and not the actions. And most important it did not glorify a gun toting skin head/gangster.

AltarGirl
10-30-2006, 02:44 PM
He does make a great psycho doesn't he? :crossx:
REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM
The whole time I'm sitting there wondering "what the hell happened to that kid??"
American History X. I think it's a marvel to watch, but yeah, the curb is TOUGH to watch

MsDrmr
10-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Shatterd
Halloween (only the 1st one, it was enough for me)
Psycho
The shinning :crossx:

cxr133
10-30-2006, 08:55 PM
I can't stand scary movies because my imagination is so intense that I will just have horrible nightmares for days.
LOL.... the other night i was watching
Dawn of the Dead
and Dusk Till Dawn 3
i swore i was going to have nightmares... ut it was all good

YeLLowBoaT
10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
I still to this day have never seen the Omen or the Excorcist. .
I have a copy of the Excorcist, if you want to barrow it let me know. Its by far one of the best scary movies of all time.
I also have alot of old Black and whites... there not really scary, but they are still alot of fun to watch.

HCS
10-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Saturday Night Fever.
Angle flights freek me out!!! :skull: