PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes men we do win....

a catered life
10-31-2006, 07:14 AM
got some great news..since i hired the lawyer things have been looking good now i get a call yesterday and it looks like the ex wants to do a deal fast.....sometimes the men do win :p :rollside: :) :boxed: :p call my lawyer to draft the final doc's and lets end this crap....

MsDrmr
10-31-2006, 07:41 AM
It's sad when things have to be that way.
I have been lucky that as much as the process has been hurtful/painful, we have been able to work things out amongst each other.
Glad to hear that you have found someone to represent you and that things look good. I am a firm beliver that Some men need to win, and some women need to loose.

ratso
10-31-2006, 07:42 AM
My first one was like that. Me and the ex decided on what needed to be done and did it.
The 2nd one was a major biach about everything. This was even after I took care of her two daughters like they were my own. All sorts of piano lessons, tutors and stuff like that. After 3.5 years of marriage she thought she was entitled to more than the first wife who had my child and was with me for about 9 years.
If you can get it over quickly and move on you are both better off.
Good luck and get it done.
Dang Dilligaf... I didn't realize you'd been around the block a few times too... :idea: :D I tell you, marriage is about the stupidest thing a person can do anymore... in most cases. There are a handful that make it, but I just don't like the odds...

Howie Feltersnatch
10-31-2006, 07:46 AM
Don't get married.

ratso
10-31-2006, 08:05 AM
More than a few times but only two marriages :)
I have some stories very similar to your own stories. The P Rican live in girlfriend who always had a butcher knife chasing me. She even chopped my car up with the damn thing. Stuff like that....lol
LMAO... You only live once... might as well make it exciting! :crossx:

JetBoatRich
10-31-2006, 08:12 AM
got some great news..since i hired the lawyer things have been looking good now i get a call yesterday and it looks like the ex wants to do a deal fast.....sometimes the men do win :p :rollside: :) :boxed: :p call my lawyer to draft the final doc's and lets end this crap....
Good to hear Willie :) you have great kids, be good to have s stable home for them :cool:

RitcheyRch
10-31-2006, 08:15 AM
Congrats. I won custody of my Daughter a few years back and it was an awesome feeling.

HocusPocus
10-31-2006, 08:38 AM
my first one was a mess... got married at 19 and working on divorce before i was 20, i should have listened to my first sergeant who said "if the military wanted you to have a wife, we would have issued you one in basic". my second marriage has been great, nov 12th we will celebrate 18 years. :rollside:

ROZ
10-31-2006, 08:52 AM
This is good news :)

a catered life
10-31-2006, 02:10 PM
for those who didnt know we have been divorced for years but i took her back to court because of the amount of problems she was causing :mad: my oldest daughter moved in with me permantly 5 years ago but i wanted controlling custody (60%) of the others......not to mention she's lazy as hell and on welfare :mad: the stupid ass DA office gave her assistance for my oldest child and since they found out the truth now they want to sue her for all the money their stupid asses gave her......if they would have listened to me a year ago when i tried to explain the situition to them this would have never happen instead the case worker treated me like i was a deadbeat father and gave her assistance......the judge for my case couldnt even believe the way this was handled

ratso
10-31-2006, 02:13 PM
for those who didnt know we have been divorced for years but i took her back to court because of the amount of problems she was causing :mad: my oldest daughter moved in with me permantly 5 years ago but i wanted controlling custody (60%) of the others......not to mention she's lazy as hell and on welfare :mad: the stupid ass DA office gave her assistance for my oldest child and since they found out the truth now they want to sue her for all the money their stupid asses gave her......if they would have listened to me a year ago when i tried to explain the situition to them this would have never happen instead the case worker treated me like i was a deadbeat father and gave her assistance......the judge for my case couldnt even believe the way this was handled
It's funny how many caseworkers and judges have their heads up their asses in situations like these... and the attorneys could give a fukk less who wins, long as they get paid... just a job for them...

a catered life
10-31-2006, 02:20 PM
It's funny how many caseworkers and judges have their heads up their asses in situations like these... and the attorneys could give a fukk less who wins, long as they get paid... just a job for them...
yea but i had a dam good lawyer.....he has be on top of every thing from the day i first called him.......he even had it worked out where when she gets a full time job she would be paying me some child support but i was like naw i dont need her money all i want is to be sure my kids are in a safe place

ratso
10-31-2006, 02:27 PM
yea but i had a dam good lawyer.....he has be on top of every thing from the day i first called him.......he even had it worked out where when she gets a full time job she would be paying me some child support but i was like naw i dont need her money all i want is to be sure my kids are in a safe place
I didn't take money from my ex either... When it comes to alot of women, that's usually what it's about first and foremost (not talking about you topless)...

Desert Rat
10-31-2006, 07:37 PM
My wife and I got my son from the ex at the age of 8. Took us about 3 years to get the bad habits from his drug addict mother out of him! He graduated from college last year and is doing GREAT!! I have all the faith in the world in him and am so figgin proud of him! I am so proud he is "our" son. Keep your chin up Willie we ALL know the power of an involved parent!!!!!!!

Desert Rat
10-31-2006, 07:39 PM
I didn't take money from my ex either... When it comes to alot of women, that's usually what it's about first and foremost (not talking about you topless)...
Damn straight skippy, all my ex was worried about was what she would lose in $$ :mad:

a catered life
11-01-2006, 07:39 AM
thanks DR....my chin is higher than its ever been

topless
11-02-2006, 04:57 AM
(not talking about you topless)...You only said that because my brother knows where to find you.LOL

ratso
11-02-2006, 05:00 AM
You only said that because my brother knows where to find you.LOL
LMAO... no, I have just followed some of your "plights" with the ex... and I know you are an exception to the rule. :D

topless
11-02-2006, 05:18 AM
LMAO... no, I have just followed some of your "plights" with the ex... and I know you are an exception to the rule. :DHe is a lost cause so I don't even bother anymore.

CBadDad
11-02-2006, 06:52 AM
That is the difference between a good lawyer and a shitty one. The shitty ones will just drag things out so they can make their next Beemer payment. The good ones take care of business, because they know that they'll have a referal knocking on their door soon. Never a lack a business for the good ones.
Glad to hear it's working out for you. I'm a believer in the system. It takes time and it can get pretty lousey for a while, but when you get your day in court, the look on the judges face when he hears all of the B.S. is priceless.
Best o' luck to you and your family.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-02-2006, 06:55 AM
That's good, glad to read it.

Hardly Satisfied
11-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Save your money and get back together

a catered life
11-02-2006, 09:40 AM
thanks everyone
wait one dam minute did you say get back together? :argue: you are not allowed to type such words of anger :p

Hardly Satisfied
11-02-2006, 11:28 AM
thanks everyone
wait one dam minute did you say get back together? :argue: you are not allowed to type such words of anger :p
just kidding :rollside:

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Congrats! Nice hear it for the good guys, once in a while. :rollside:
As for the system, it is badly broken. It's design is a poor attempt to solve the problems of deadbeat Dads, but it ends up hurting good people and the kids get the short end of the stick. The level of incompentence in the system is mind-numbing, and that includes most of the attorneys and judges. I had a judge that took over my case after the other judge of a year and a half re-quesed (sp?) himself when he recognized my girlfriend (at the time) from the grocery store he shopped at. The new judge couldn't stay awake to hear my whole case while it was re-presented to him. Up too late playing poker w/the other judges and attorneys. And, I had the biggest, most expensive shark in the area. There goes my blood pressure! :mad:
But, great for you. It'd be nice if things could go in a rational way like that, more often. :cool:

CBadDad
11-02-2006, 12:50 PM
I had the biggest, most expensive shark in the area. There goes my blood pressure! :mad:
There sir, is/was your problem.
My wife paid like $40K, while I paid, gulp only $15K. You just gotta get to the end of it. It is when you can't stand the B.S. any longer that you get hosed because you settled.
I ain't saying the system is perfect, just fair. I don't know how many times I had CPS knocking at my door, or how many times we had to go back to court to un-fock some crap that my ex's attorney tried to pull. I just remained cool and rode out the storm and got the last laugh.
Sorry AE, I don't mean to gouge at old wounds and get your pressure boiling. I am just speaking from what I witnessed first hand.

a catered life
11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
just kidding :rollside:
i know :p

Aqua Boogie1
11-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Yes we do win sometimes................... :cool: Now post some more of those great recipes!!!!!

a catered life
11-02-2006, 03:41 PM
:p thanks
Yes we do win sometimes................... :cool: Now post some more of those great recipes!!!!!

AirtimeLavey
11-02-2006, 04:09 PM
There sir, is/was your problem.
My wife paid like $40K, while I paid, gulp only $15K. You just gotta get to the end of it. It is when you can't stand the B.S. any longer that you get hosed because you settled.
I ain't saying the system is perfect, just fair. I don't know how many times I had CPS knocking at my door, or how many times we had to go back to court to un-fock some crap that my ex's attorney tried to pull. I just remained cool and rode out the storm and got the last laugh.
Sorry AE, I don't mean to gouge at old wounds and get your pressure boiling. I am just speaking from what I witnessed first hand.
No worries. Everybody's exp. is different. At one time, thought about law school, but after seeing the non-sense in the actual profession and the system, I passed. Now I'm in Real Estate, and at least there's no nonsense in this business. Sheesh, didn't know if I was gonna be able to type that all out (the no non-sense in RE part). :cool: