PDA

View Full Version : Python Problem: Any Snake People in Simi?:

Trailer Park Casanova
11-01-2006, 07:41 AM
We have a Pacific Islands Python living in the trees above our neighbors home.
I used to get a local engine named ten Feathers for Rattle snake problems, but he moved to Bishop. He was great, just grabbed the fuxers and was done with it.
Maybe someone here knows another Snake enthustiast in the Simi Area that wants a Python and is hep to capturing them.
One neighbor has been looking for one of his many, but missing Yap dogs that hang out barking all day and nite long,, ya think maybe???
My self interest in this is I have a real good gopher/mouse/rat cat and Pythons have a taste for them too.
It's about 4 ft long, the wife thinks it's really cool, she doesnt mind have it hanging around at all. I'll try to get a pic today.
If I blast it's head off in City limits will I get a ticket to appear, or will I get hooked up and locked up?
I'm thinking a shotgun blast to the head will do it, but jail doesn't sound palatable.
Any snake people in the Simi area??

Tom Brown
11-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Topless could take care of that snake for you.

HocusPocus
11-01-2006, 07:52 AM
if you shoot a gun inside city limits you will be in trouble. you should just call animal control and let them deal with it.

THATJEFFGUY
11-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Just provoke the snake and get him really pissed off. Then call Simi Valley PD late at night..when Animal Control isn't on call. When the officer arrives, the snake will be pissed off and ready to strike. Maybe you'll get lucky and the officer will take care of it with his .40. I've heard a few LEO friends stories about shooting snakes...they can do it legally, and will !

SHOTKALLIN
11-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Machette, Pellet Gun,...etc :crossx:

Cas
11-01-2006, 08:28 AM
just put an ad out on Craigslist and I'm sure you'll get all kinds of people out there to get it. Although that python just might be worth a bunch of dollars so go up the tree, catch it and then sell it for some gas money.

Throttle
11-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Snakewrench is familiar with the 28 foot python and soon to be finished 26...

Sean@magic
11-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Take some pictures.

Jordy
11-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Tastes like chicken!
http://www.halfpricecomputerbooks.com/images/bookimages/0596001673L.jpg
Must have been out of 101 Ways To Cook Python. :D :D :D

slotracer
11-01-2006, 09:17 AM
call her454 she will take care of it :rollside:

JetBoatRich
11-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Let the snake enjoy the freedom :rolleyes: it may help keep the cats off the cars :rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
11-01-2006, 10:35 AM
If you want to rescue it I say do it. I'm not sure what you mean by a "Pacific Islands Python". However, I do know that there are several types of pythons that live on various pacific islands and non of them (or any other type of pythons) are capable of surviving a Simi Valley winter outdoors. One thing that is for sure, is that pythons are non venomous and a 4 foot python is no more dangerous to humans than our local gopher or king Snakes. If it was in my yard I would try to rescue it and return it to it's owner. Otherwise, it will either die from the cold or a respiratory infection.

Riomouse911
11-01-2006, 10:57 AM
I worked in the reptile trade for years during high school.. but Simi is a bit too far from here to help. Just leave him/her be, and it'll move off to warmer pastures. Or, if you're inclined to catch it, set a loosly rolled electric blanket in the tree, and when it cools down too much the snako might crawl into it for warmth. Roll it up (not too tightly), box it, take it to a pet store and you might make a few bucks off the catch and find it a new home. I've used this trick inside a house before, and if you can keep the blanket pulugged in and dry, it just might work.

BajaMike
11-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Ross, you might also check with your neighbors, someone probably lost it..... :idea:
:cool:

eliminatedsprinter
11-01-2006, 02:22 PM
I have lots of experiance keeping herps as well and both of these last two posts are good ideas. :idea:

Her454
11-01-2006, 02:25 PM
This whole thread is just insane. :rolleyes: :cry: I think I would MOVE if I knew there was a snake like that loose anywhere near my house.

eliminatedsprinter
11-01-2006, 02:33 PM
This whole thread is just insane. :rolleyes: :cry: I think I would MOVE if I knew there was a snake like that loose anywhere near my house.
Unless you live in Canada or Alaska you had better start packing, because 4 foot snakes are commen pretty much every place here in the continental U.S.

Goad
11-01-2006, 02:35 PM
i thought this was another later thread.....
hah....snake!

Magic34
11-01-2006, 02:46 PM
I worked in the reptile trade for years during high school.. but Simi is a bit too far from here to help. Just leave him/her be, and it'll move off to warmer pastures. Or, if you're inclined to catch it, set a loosly rolled electric blanket in the tree, and when it cools down too much the snako might crawl into it for warmth. Roll it up (not too tightly), box it, take it to a pet store and you might make a few bucks off the catch and find it a new home. I've used this trick inside a house before, and if you can keep the blanket pulugged in and dry, it just might work.
Move to warmer pastures.... Yeah, in the city they call that the front door of a nicely heated house.
I'd call the National Guard. I hate snakes!!!!!

Schiada76
11-01-2006, 03:56 PM
I'd come over and catch the snake but I'm too damn old to climb a tree.
It's cold enough now that if you can get to it in the morning it won't be moving fast enough to get away and probably not even able to strike

OutCole'd
11-01-2006, 04:16 PM
I'd call the National Guard. I hate snakes!!!!!
LMAO!! Classic!

BajaMike
11-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I think I read there are no snakes in Hawaii..... :idea:
:rollside:

Magic34
11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Just provoke the snake and get him really pissed off. Then call Simi Valley PD late at night..when Animal Control isn't on call. When the officer arrives, the snake will be pissed off and ready to strike. Maybe you'll get lucky and the officer will take care of it with his .40. I've heard a few LEO friends stories about shooting snakes...they can do it legally, and will !
If you do this, whatever or however you go about this...
PLEASE, please, please video tape this whole thing from start to finish!!!!!! If you are anything like me, this would be funny as hell to watch as you scream.

eliminatedsprinter
11-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Pythons are tropical. If it can't find a warm place, after a couple more cold nights it will most likely curl up some place and die.

Magic34
11-01-2006, 06:14 PM
I think I read there are no snakes in Hawaii..... :idea:
:rollside:
No snakes there.

eliminatedsprinter
11-01-2006, 06:19 PM
No snakes there.
No "native" snakes there. But there is one type of small burrowing "worm snake" that is established there.
They are trying to keep the Brown Tree Snake away, but this species is spreading rapidly accross the south pacific and it will most likely find it's way there soon (if it hasn't already).

AZJD
11-01-2006, 06:30 PM
I have lots of experiance keeping herps as well and both of these last two posts are good ideas. :idea:
You should get those checked! :)

eliminatedsprinter
11-01-2006, 06:51 PM
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

moneypit
11-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Call animal control. They will come out and get it. The last snake I saw in Simi, I used a square nose.

98 Vector 21
11-01-2006, 07:24 PM
The kid in the fish dept at Teresa's will get it if you let him have it!

BrendellaJet
11-01-2006, 07:25 PM
No snakes there.
WRONG! They have one. Honolulu Zoo. Seen it myself. :boxed: