PDA

View Full Version : Maybe you guys can limit who is allowed to post in certain sections...

DUCKY
11-06-2006, 08:55 AM
I just went through the "How-To" section, and there are so many people on there giving crappy advice that it just blows my mind. Is there anything you can (or should) do to prevent the so called internet experts from drooling out bad advice in there? Just a thought...

TRG
11-26-2006, 08:19 PM
people have found that Billyb knows his stuff therefore he has a forum where he answers questions directed at him (Hell, i still calll him for tech advice lol), he does not answer questions generaly and i feel that he goes about it correctly, but i dont think that having a forum where only one person can offer the "RIGHT" solution and thats it, is certainly the right way to go, but i think you know as well as i that "there is more than one way to skin a cat", wether it be building a house or what size tip to lay down gel, i dont think anyone within the repair business will make everyone happy,...ever!
I feel the same way as you Ducky, but there is waaaay to many contradictory factors! (AKA members! lol)
Ive heard nothing but good about the quality of work you provide, and if the other members are offering bad info, well so be it, when they figure it out, they will call you or another facility to get them out of the bind!
In closing, Fiberglass repair facilities are not hard to find, but the ones that offer help like you and myself, are not so easy to find!
Todd

QuickJet
11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
I just went through the "How-To" section, and there are so many people on there giving crappy advice that it just blows my mind. Is there anything you can (or should) do to prevent the so called internet experts from drooling out bad advice in there? Just a thought...
I hear yah on the "bad advice" Ducky. I was on another forum (car related) and we had the same problem. We found though that when someone gives bad advice, it gives the real experts the opportunity to address the wrong ways of doing things.

Rexone
11-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately bad advice is a by product of most anything with public input. The how to forum was originated for buildups by example, not a bunch of quesitons. But since there's no where else for some of these questions we let them stay. I've forwarded Jays idea of a glass etc related forum to admin. That's a long need addtion I think.
Rhinos... well maybe on rhinos.com.