PDA

View Full Version : New Mayor of Havasu

shueman
11-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Nexsen elected mayor, Wedemeyer makes council
By RICHARD de GIVE
Tuesday, November 7, 2006 8:50 PM MST
Mark Nexsen has been elected Lake Havasu City's new mayor, and Thunderbolt Middle School teacher Brian Wedemeyer has gained a spot on the City Council.
The local accountant defeated businessman Sam Scarmardo with nearly 65 percent of the vote in the runoff election, according to unofficial figures from the Mohave County Elections Department. Nexsen had 6,931 votes to Scarmardo's 3,708.
Wedemeyer defeated Dean Barlow with nearly 53 percent of the vote. Wedemeyer had 5,016 votes to Barlow's 4,435.
Nexsen and Scarmardo were the highest vote getters in September's primary.
Former City Councilman Bob Crabtree, a Republican, defeated Democrat Pattie Plowman in the Constable race with nearly 57 percent of the vote, 6,065 to 4,627.
In the race for the one vacant seat on the Mohave Community College board, Kathy Hodel win with nearly 59 percent of the vote over Carolyn Bruce, gaining 3,885 votes to 2,714 for Bruce.
Hodel will take the seat being vacated by Sally Eggers-Hero.
In local races for the statehouse, Ron Gould (Senate), Trish Groe (House) and Nancy McLain (House) all won return trips to Phoenix.
Gould, a Republican, won reelection with 62 percent of the vote, defeating Democrat Noah Harris. Gould had 20,048 votes to 12,092 for Harris.
Groe gained the most votes for one of two seats in the House with 16,506, while McLain, like Groe a Republican, had 16,097 to gain the second seat. Democrat Luis Lopez was third, with 11,570 votes.

HatenWinter
11-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Does this guy hate boaters like Harvey? Im curious what we are in for now, hopefully an improvement!

DSW
11-08-2006, 09:51 AM
I think ANYBODY was better than who we had.. Havasu needs to refocus back on it's main indrustry...TOURISM! We need the tourists to stimulte are drowning local economy.
Now Harvey can go back to being a lawyer full time! :crossx:

Sleek-Jet
11-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Can we have a pool for how long it takes people to start complaining about the new Mayor??
I say 2 weeks from the time he takes office. :idea:

Mr. Naudio
11-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Can we have a pool for how long it takes people to start complaining about the new Mayor??
I say 2 weeks from the time he takes office. :idea:
The new Mayor is a boater.

Sleek-Jet
11-08-2006, 10:58 AM
OK... three weeks... :D

Ziggy
11-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Is the new Mayors screen name Naudio ? :D

Little Wood Boat
11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Sam and Ellie are some great people. Whatever your experience was...you know you'd never say that to his face. Not much else to say on that subject!LWB

Kilrtoy
11-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Sam and Ellie are some great people. Whatever your experience was...you know you'd never say that to his face. Not much else to say on that subject!LWB
WHY would he beat someone up for speaking their minds

Little Wood Boat
11-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Who said "beat up". Sam is an extremely successful buisnessman and an inteligent individual. He would easily be able to communicate his position with words. Name calling and fighting are below this man. Sam isn't one you can punk out, I'm sure if you're man enough to call him that name to his face then you're tough enough to swing on him. That would be a short story. LWB

DSW
11-08-2006, 05:15 PM
I've met both Sam and Ellie and they are good people. I've bought many guns from Sam and I met ellie while taking my CCW classes. They are straight shooters in my book. Sam would have helped our community, but at this point anythings better than what we got. Now it's time to repeal the new channel ordinance :crossx:

RiverRatMike
11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
just noticed today on my way home from work at Hwy 95 and Mullberry that body beach is being shut down. Saw two guys putting up a No Traspassing and No Lottering sign there on the road on the way into body beach. Just was wondering what that's all about?

Phat Matt
11-08-2006, 05:24 PM
The new mayor needs to sign up. :)

INFINITEJJ
11-08-2006, 05:46 PM
WHY would he beat someone up for speaking their minds
Who said "beat up". Sam is an extremely successful buisnessman and an inteligent individual. He would easily be able to communicate his position with words. Name calling and fighting are below this man. Sam isn't one you can punk out, I'm sure if you're man enough to call him that name to his face then you're tough enough to swing on him. That would be a short story. LWB
SHUT HIM UP!

phebus
11-08-2006, 05:47 PM
just noticed today on my way home from work at Hwy 95 and Mullberry that body beach is being shut down. Saw two guys putting up a No Traspassing and No Lottering sign there on the road on the way into body beach. Just was wondering what that's all about?
Hopefully the first phase of delousing the lake, and getting rid of all the jetskiers.

wildbillg
11-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Nexsen is the one choice for mayor that was backed by the boating industry here in Havasu, so we are hopeing that he is going to continue his boater friendly attitude.
We at The Boat Brokers and many of the others here in town were backing him with our support, so lets hope the Non boater friendly mayor of our past will just dissapear in to the wind and we can look forward to the new ideas of a new mayor.
But that is just my opnion, and I like it so dont wake me up...

SummitKarl
11-08-2006, 06:04 PM
if I remember corectly it was transferred from state to city land and sold off to a developer, by our former female drug abuser/alcoholic mayor :rolleyes: and the deal was finished by our other "backdoor real estate dealing" former Mayor :rolleyes:
if I remember correct, they intend to put up some sort of hotel/condo project
just more B.S. to line the pockets of those and friends of those in LHC office :hammerhea
but I think it best if UncleLarry were to chime in and set my story straight
I just hope the new mayor can resist temptation and actually perform a GOOD service to this community