PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Brown

Cas
11-08-2006, 08:21 AM
was it that long ago for people to forget?

HM
11-08-2006, 08:28 AM
It is absolutely fricking amazing that people have no clue who Jerry "Moon Beam" Brown is, and that he actually won. Just goes to show you that the Democrats actually have a point....people are stupid.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-08-2006, 08:36 AM
I can't help but sound ignorant here but what's the deal with Jerry "moon beam" brown?
I didn't vote for him but I keep reading everyone's disgust with him winning.
Enlighten me please!

Sleek-Jet
11-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Wasn't he the Mayor of San Francisco in the 90's????

Dave C
11-08-2006, 08:38 AM
he is going to have to move out of his "commune" in Oaktown to go to Sacto. what will they do without him?

voodoomedman
11-08-2006, 08:42 AM
I wonder how young the majority of voters are? I turn 27 this month and can't remember him being governor or the mayor of Oakland. Of course though I am smart enough to do at least a minimal amount of research and find that he screwed the state and Oakland during his terms so besides him being a Democrat there is no way in hell I'd vote for him.

OGShocker
11-08-2006, 08:49 AM
I can't help but sound ignorant here but what's the deal with Jerry "moon beam" brown?
I didn't vote for him but I keep reading everyone's disgust with him winning.
Enlighten me please!
When you go fill up your gas tank, think of Jerry Brown. While Governor of California, he signed the law putting vapor recovery boots on the pump handles. That is just one of 324 reasons to roll your eyes at the voters of this state.
PS. I think he ships via Fed Ex...:D

Cas
11-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Brown often proposed unorthodox ideas, including the establishment of a state space academy and the purchasing of a satellite that would be launched into orbit to provide emergency communications for the stateĀ—a proposal similar to one that would indeed be adopted by the state. In 1978, Chicago Tribune columnist Mike Royko nicknamed Brown "Governor Moonbeam" because of the latter idea. The nickname quickly became associated with his quirky politics, which were considered eccentric by some in California and the rest of the nation.
here ya go

Dave C
11-08-2006, 08:59 AM
he just got done being the mayor of Oakland. He turned that place upside down.
Their murder rate is off the charts and they are doing nothing to combat it. Its extremely sad that the rampant drug dealing is allowed to persist in that community.

DSW
11-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Wasn't he the Mayor of San Francisco in the 90's????
thats Willie Brown.