PDA

View Full Version : Bad day at jiffy lube

infotraker
11-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Guess I should not have taken the 85 Vette to Jiffy Lube for a oil change ! They dropped the hood from the up position, it fell with a very large noise and cracked the fiberglass and paint in the middle of the hood (3 inch section). They said get 3 estimates for repair so I'm off today to get them. The car is corvette red and all of the paint is in good shape (hood has many little rock dings though). i'm hoping to at least get the entire hood repainted. Anyone have shop recommendations in the Sac. Cal. area ?

NOTALENT
11-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Never take it there for anything....they tend to fock up ALOT!!! Sorry to hear the bad news...Fock them matching the color...it wont look right...go for a whole new paint job or sue!!! :crossx:

DSW
11-08-2006, 09:45 AM
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/5550/worthlesswopicstx5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Sleek-Jet
11-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Reason #236 why I change my own oil....

ChumpChange
11-08-2006, 09:47 AM
.....They said get 3 estimates for repair so I'm off today to get them. .........
Hope you got this in writing admitting they messed it up. Otherwise, I'm sure the story will change when you bring the estimates back.

fleetimus
11-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Talk to Howard at Auburn Body shop, in Auburn.
530 885-5582
And I run a Quick Lube, so let's be nice.

Hardly Satisfied
11-08-2006, 09:54 AM
That SUCKS, Sorry to hear , hope everything gets fixed right

infotraker
11-08-2006, 10:00 AM
I had the manager write on the receipt about getting hood estimates.

RitcheyRch
11-08-2006, 10:57 AM
That sucks. Hopefully they can match the paint.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
I bet the Pixalted's shop can do it. Simon's Auto Body. in Laguna Niguel I think

Havasu1986
11-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Pixi's a little far from Sacramento

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Pixi's a little far from Sacramento
Pardon me. I thought it said So Cal not Sac cal.
Nevermind
:rollside:

Desert Rat
11-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Went to those fockers ONCE. They cross threaded the oil pan bolt, Never again!!

YeLLowBoaT
11-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I would go to one of the neilo dealers and ask where they send thier cars. I knew a great body shop, but they just sold it :cry:
Alot of places will not give you a qoute on a corvette. Its time and materails. They will mostlikly get you a new hood anyways.

ratso
11-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Went to those fockers ONCE. They cross threaded the oil pan bolt, Never again!!
That's a given at alot of those shops. I fired a guy one time, we were changing out wheels on a tandem trailer of mine and he didn't even start the lug nuts first... just put the nut in the socket, put it up to the stud, and hit the trigger on the impact... cross threaded two of them before I caught him... I gave him 1 minute to get out of my sight... Some people could care less... :mad:

Rexone
11-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Jiffy Lube doesn't have all that good a rep for doing things right, or at all. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126675)

MOBrien
11-08-2006, 12:40 PM
That freakin sucks.......I can't stand careless people. Especially with my toys.
Call into Dwayne's Auto Body & Paint. It's off Freeport on Belleau Wood Lane. Ask for Erik &/or Carrie Kohler....they own the place. May or may not do you any good, but tell them Mike O'Brien sent ya. They're old pals of my wife (Stacy) from back in the high school days. I hear they do good work.

robsformula
11-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey Info, if you dont mind a little drive. Take it to a place in Lodi called (kustom Kurves) They do great work. Thats who does all my work. I have brought in several cars (Mercedes, Dodge ram pickup, Alfa Romeo,Suburban,and also a collectors Mustang) and have always been very happy. Here is there number (209-334-6803)

CHEETAH24
11-08-2006, 01:46 PM
They damaged your car, you don't need three estimates, take it where you want and tell them that's the price so fix it. The three estimate thing is old school.

Dan Lorenze
11-08-2006, 01:50 PM
And the worse part is they probably didn't even change the oil even though they charged you for it.

Redding Rat
11-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Real sorry to hear! Red paint, a good body shop will get it to match when it leaves the shop. Down the road a year or two it no longer will. The only way to fix it is to repaint the whole car. Red REALLY fades and newer paint will really show!!!

infotraker
11-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I got 4 estimates. 1 would only write up fix close to paint crack, not entire hood ($900). Next 2 would fix cracked area for $1600 and extra $300 to paint entire hood. Last one in Auburn was the best (1600). He will paint entire hood fixing the cracked area and many rock dings on hood, also painting headlite covers. He says they will blend in the paint, not going all the way to the door and bottom fenders so any slight paint difference will not be seen. They all said (of course) that the paint will match. How can I get Jiffy Lube to paint entire car ? Is above the best I can get ? If so the Auburn shop is my pick so far.

YeLLowBoaT
11-08-2006, 06:29 PM
well if you want them to paint the whole car you need to get several experts saying that a touch up paint will show over time.

BadKachina
11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
I had a Jiffy Lube rip the fender off my dually a few years back. Dumbass drove it into the bay and didn't realize how wide it was. They paid to fix it but I'll never take anything I care about to them again. :mad: F-JiffyLube.

soupersonic
11-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I liked this one
http://break.com/index/drive_through_oil_change_gone_wrong.html

SHOTKALLIN
11-08-2006, 07:19 PM
your lucky if you get a new filter from jiffy lube. They have to average like $70 per customer to turn a profit. never send your wife.

Red Horse
11-09-2006, 05:54 AM
I used to work at Jiffy lube like 18 years ago. The policy then was 60% employee pay, 40% company pay for things like that. I argued with a manager about dropping the oil on a 231 V-6 with a bad rod knock. NO way was I touching that car. He yelled at me and said he was going to write me up etc. He drained the oil and filled it back up. Car didnt make it out of the driveway. I quit shortly there after. OH, they also paid like 4.50 a hour and you were supposed to go see a doctor if you wanted a sick day. 4.50 an hour and no medical. Yeah, whatever.
I wouldnt let them change the oil in my lawnmower. :cool:

Dribble
11-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Body Shops
Bertoluccis - Sacramento
Gamoboas - Rancho Cordova
Body Craft - Rancho Cordova
Walt Stickl - Sacramento
This paint can be matched.

wsuwrhr
11-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Is changing the oil that hard?

infotraker
11-09-2006, 07:48 AM
I'd like to get the front bumper painted at the same time. It has many dings. I will take the bumper off (lots of time involved) and take it in to them to get painted. Whats the best method to get the old paint off that is peeling etc. I think the bumper is some kind of plastic.

catman-do
11-09-2006, 08:07 AM
There was a story on the news about Jiffy Lube a few weeks ago. They took this car to 10 so cal jiffy lubes and out of that 7 didnt even change the oil OR filter. That place seems to be a hackshop.

topless
11-09-2006, 08:13 AM
I got 4 estimates. 1 would only write up fix close to paint crack, not entire hood ($900). Next 2 would fix cracked area for $1600 and extra $300 to paint entire hood. Last one in Auburn was the best (1600). He will paint entire hood fixing the cracked area and many rock dings on hood, also painting headlite covers. He says they will blend in the paint, not going all the way to the door and bottom fenders so any slight paint difference will not be seen. They all said (of course) that the paint will match. How can I get Jiffy Lube to paint entire car ? Is above the best I can get ? If so the Auburn shop is my pick so far.
Take the highest estimate to them then take it to the place in Auburn to get it fixed. Now you have money towards to bumper. :)

cyclone
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
I can count on one hand the number of times i've regretted going to any quick lube place for an oil change and each time was painful. Let me see....
EZ Lube on harbor/imperial highway in Brea, CA forgot to install an oil filter on my Toyota Tundra and fired up the motor and drove out of the bay with oil shooting everywhere. The manager apologized, cleaned the engine compartment but not the tires so when i left and tried to stop before turning onto Imperial the tires just slid across the street and i nearly hit someone. that was fun.
Another quick lube place that i cannot recall the name of located in Santee, CA, pulled my crew cab dually out of the bay without checking the mirrors and smashed the driver's side dually fender into a pole. The place paid to fix it but it was still a huge hassle and now i have one brand new fender that shines a bit more than the rest of my truck. Not so much the average person would notice but boy i do.
so now i take my trucks to a fellow hot boaters shop for all the maintenance and any custom work they need. Board member Busby owns Orange County Auto Shop in Mission Viejo and has some great employees performing everything from oil changes to roll cages and race motor building there. I highly recommend his place (yes i'm cheerleading because i've been burned by other places quite a few times)