PDA

View Full Version : Hardware

Bradman
11-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Here are the screws the doctor's removed from my femur yesterday. Thank God for Vicadine. "sp" Since the screws broke the rest of them are still in my bone. :cry:
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/DSC00223.jpg

dicudmore
11-08-2006, 11:17 AM
yikes

ZBODaytona
11-08-2006, 11:19 AM
hey i have three of them....going into the rod that runs down my femur.....

ratso
11-08-2006, 11:21 AM
I just left all the plates and screws in my leg and ankle. I won't have any of it removed unless I absolutely have to...

Big Kahunaa
11-08-2006, 11:31 AM
they should have used anti seez

Bradman
11-08-2006, 11:48 AM
I just left all the plates and screws in my leg and ankle. I won't have any of it removed unless I absolutely have to...
The doctor tried everything possible before he decided to go in and remove those screws. Since nothing worked to releave the pain, he had no other option but to remove them.

Bradman
11-08-2006, 11:50 AM
hey i have three of them....going into the rod that runs down my femur.....
I had four. Two on top and two on the bottom. How long ago did you break your femur?

Froggystyle
11-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Square drive heads, right?
I have a ton of those in my left foot, left hand and left heel. Plus a pile of staples as well, and some bone anchors for ligaments.
X-rays look like a Home Depot sale table...

ratso
11-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Square drive heads, right?
I have a ton of those in my left foot, left hand and left heel. Plus a pile of staples as well, and some bone anchors for ligaments.
X-rays look like a Home Depot sale table...
Hopefully they didn't buy the stuff there... or at the Dollar Store??? :jawdrop: :idea: :D
My son snapped his arm in two places... I couldn't tell you how many screws he has, but he has 3 plates... Broke his collar bone once on one side and twice on the other. Needless to say, I sold the KTM dealership and we got out of motocross... :squiggle:
Another guy that raced for me had a compound fracture when he was landed on off of a jump. He said "I knew something was wrong when I was trying to crawl off the track and my arm bone kept hitting against the side of my helmet"... :jawdrop:

Hardly Satisfied
11-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Here are the screws the doctor's removed from my femur yesterday. Thank God for Vicadine. "sp" Since the screws broke the rest of them are still in my bone. :cry:
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/DSC00223.jpg
OUCH

ZBODaytona
11-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I had four. Two on top and two on the bottom. How long ago did you break your femur?
It has been almost 5 years, or will be this january 1st...wow doesn't seem that long ago. they only put one at the top and two on the bottom....and two years ago they put a little plate and 5 little screws in my wrist..... what about you how long????

racecar.hotshoe
11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
They took my wifes screws out then they took the rod out(hers went inside her femur)She has gone down hill ever since.She hurts all the time.The stairs at her work sends her home crying.Good luck with yours.

ZBODaytona
11-08-2006, 12:54 PM
They took my wifes screws out then they took the rod out(hers went inside her femur)She has gone down hill ever since.She hurts all the time.The stairs at her work sends her home crying.Good luck with yours.
my doc said he would only take the rod out (same as your wifes) if it started bothering me, or i put my self into high risk situations...(ie become a motorcycle racer or any form of racer) just a causual rider he said he would leave it in....

racecar.hotshoe
11-08-2006, 12:56 PM
my doc said he would only take the rod out (same as your wifes) if it started bothering me, or i put my self into high risk situations...(ie become a motorcycle racer or any form of racer) just a causual rider he said he would leave it in....
I wish she still had hers in.Its hard to watch her in pain everyday.

ratso
11-08-2006, 01:04 PM
I wish she still had hers in.Its hard to watch her in pain everyday.
Dang, I'd get another opinion from another doc if she is in that much pain. It takes me a few minutes each morning to get my ankle limbered up and my knees usually give me some trouble too, but I hit the gym as often as I can also, which helps out a lot more than not going at all. They told me I would deal with arthritis early on with my ankle, but that was 1997 and it's no worse than it was then. My friends kid me and tell me I'm just getting old, but heck, back when I used to race a lot, even back in my 20's, I'd be on the couch at night after racing or practicing all day, and I'd have ro roll off the couch onto the floor and push myself up by my arms just to get to my feet... that stuff will take a toll on a body.

Bradman
11-08-2006, 01:18 PM
It has been almost 5 years, or will be this january 1st...wow doesn't seem that long ago. they only put one at the top and two on the bottom....and two years ago they put a little plate and 5 little screws in my wrist..... what about you how long????
March 1, 2005 at approximatley 4:30 pm. It has been hell ever since. I lived on vicadine for 16 months because that's the only medication that would give me any kind of relief. In August of 2006 I decided to stop taking any kind of pain pills and just deal with the pain. It sucks getting old. These x-rays were taken on Monday. In one of the x-rays you can see where the bone is still broken. The other X-ray shows the two screws that were removed.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/X-ray1.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/X-ray2.jpg

ratso
11-08-2006, 01:21 PM
March 1, 2005 at approximatley 4:30 pm. It has been hell ever since. I lived on vicadine for 16 months because that's the only medication that would give me any kind of relief. In August of 2006 I deceided to stop taking any kind of pain pills and just deal with the pain. It sucks getting old. These x-rays were taken on Monday. In one of the x-rays you can see where the bone is still broken. The other X-ray shows the two screws that were removed.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/X-ray1.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/X-ray2.jpg
Still broken!!! :jawdrop:
I thought they came out with some kind of a glue or cement a few years ago to help mend broken bones quicker...
Damn that must've been painful...

Bradman
11-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I feel for your wife because I know what kind of pain she is dealing with every day. If removing the two screws dosen't get rid of my pain, then my next step would be to remove the rod.

Bradman
11-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Still broken!!! :jawdrop:
I thought they came out with some kind of a glue or cement a few years ago to help mend broken bones quicker...
Damn that must've been painful...
Still broken :cry: :cry: but is has come along way as far as mending it's self back together. I wore a bone stimulator for months that actually helped the healing process.

racecar.hotshoe
11-08-2006, 01:35 PM
ratso you wuss...This was Melissa's femur.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/19172_002.jpg

ratso
11-08-2006, 01:40 PM
That's one thing I don't wanna break...

Do F150's Float?
11-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Holy crap that's scary...
Dentist looked at me pretty funny when they did my x-rays and i had a whole mouth full of screws... LOL
Yikes, well i hope it helps you to have the screws out! That looks majorly painful... :(

chub
11-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Holy crap that's scary...
Dentist looked at me pretty funny when they did my x-rays and i had a whole mouth full of screws... LOL
Yikes, well i hope it helps you to have the screws out! That looks majorly painful... :(
I got the same thing here sister. Leave them in if you can. Some day you're gonna get older and more brittle!
Plates in yer chin? I got 2 and titanium jaws! X rays look sooooo coool!
:p

Do F150's Float?
11-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I got the same thing here sister. Leave them in if you can. Some day you're gonna get older and more brittle!
Plates in yer chin? I got 2 and titanium jaws! X rays look sooooo coool!
:p
Oh no no - they're not coming out - i meant i hope bradman feels better since he got his out. I dunno about the plates, as far as i know it's just screws... still kinda neato lookin x rays though! I'm sure they pieced together a few more things... just don't know what all it was...lol

rsoscia
11-08-2006, 03:00 PM
I still have a plate and 17 screws in my right ankle and leg. My doctor used some stuff called OP1 Implant... grows into bone. Mine took a little over 4 months to show bone growth and almost 1 year befor i could walk again... Go to www.mybrokenleg.com It helped me.

Ziggy
11-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I was thinking about your wife and wondering how her recovery has been......Hope all is going well. :)

Bradman
11-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Oh no no - they're not coming out - i meant i hope bradman feels better since he got his out. I dunno about the plates, as far as i know it's just screws... still kinda neato lookin x rays though! I'm sure they pieced together a few more things... just don't know what all it was...lol
Thanks F-150. It will take a week or so before I will be able to tell the difference.

BigBoyBlue
11-08-2006, 09:02 PM
i thought my broken femur was bad. i didnt need screws. broke mine playing hockey. thought i pulled something, tried to stand back up, and fell right back over. most pain ever.

phebus
11-08-2006, 09:11 PM
I feel all your pain. I have 8 screws and posts, 2 titanium rods, and a plate in my lower back.
SUCKS :crossx: :skull:

Bradman
11-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I feel all your pain. I have 8 screws and posts, 2 titanium rods, and a plate in my lower back.
OUCH!!! At least we all still get to do what we love...BOATING!!! :) :) :)

ratso
11-08-2006, 09:15 PM
I hope I never have back problems... :squiggle:

racecar.hotshoe
11-09-2006, 05:29 AM
I was thinking about your wife and wondering how her recovery has been......Hope all is going well. :)
Well she walks and talks so after what she went through I am so thankful that I have her.The femur was one of seven bones she broke.So how ever she turns out in the end.I will look her in the eye everyday and tell her shes Beautiful tell the day I die.Thanks for thinking of her Ziggy,Mark

Dribble
11-09-2006, 07:35 AM
I still have mine and probably always will because I don't want to spend another minute in the hospital. Two plates and 21 screws. I was lucky that the doc saved my leg. Was back to waterskiing in six months and dirt bike riding in a year. Had pretty decent pain for about two years. It's not bad at all now.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0939.JPG

Bradman
11-09-2006, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=Dribble]I still have mine and probably always will because I don't want to spend another minute in the hospital. Two plates and 21 screws.[QUOTE]
WOW Dribble, did you crush your leg? That looks very pain full. I broke my femur in a snowboarding accident. I wasn't even going very fast. They think my snowboard got caught underneath the root of a tree. Kind of a freak accident for me. My leg was 4' shorter than my other leg at on time. I was in contraction for 24 hours to get my leg back into the correct position.

ZBODaytona
11-09-2006, 07:49 AM
wow guess i am lucky, i was riding a month and half later (4 wheeler) three month later i was riding a dirtbike. though i had to use my left leg to kick start... 6 months later i was back in hosptal with two shattered ankles (whole nother story)...i don't have my femur x-rays to show....but i completly shatered mine about mid way down...tons of little bones...and down where you have the two screws i had a fracture... the fracture kept me down for the month as the rod and screws couldn't really stabalize it. I am also lucky i realy don't have any pain from it, and was only on the meds for a month...(mostly due to the fracture)...oh by the way i cracked my pelvis too with the femur. the only time it bothers me now is i can't really lay to much on the leg...i think the screws rub me funny..no big deal..i just lay on my left. I hope you all feel better