PDA

View Full Version : Info from 1954 or 55

Her454
11-10-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm trying to get information on an accident that occured in Contra Costa county in 1954 or 1955. I dont have the exact date, but I have names and addresses. It was in Concord, Ca and the hospital back then was Concord Community - now Mt Diablo.
Would I go directly to Concord to the library to search the archives (microfisch) or is there another way to get this info? I want to get newspaper articles, details etc.
Any suggestions?

YeLLowBoaT
11-10-2006, 09:40 PM
micro fish of the news paper is your best bet...you can always try google... its amazing what you can find.

Her454
11-14-2006, 12:25 PM
BUMP. Ok so I tried Google and several others and nothing that goes back that far. Would I go to the Contra Costa Library to search or is there somewhere in Sacramento (The State Capital) that has an archive section for all the papers?
Any suggestions? I really need to find this info................. TIA.

YeLLowBoaT
11-14-2006, 12:31 PM
I would stay away from the main libary( last time I was there I saw some one shot in the head 3 x) they really only keep copys of the Chonical, LA times and Sac bee. your best bet is to ether go into or call the countys main libary.

Her454
11-14-2006, 12:32 PM
I would stay away from the main libary( last time I was there I saw some one shot in the head 3 x)
Thats would definitly be a deterrent. Thanks. :cry:

Sleek-Jet
11-14-2006, 12:39 PM
I would stay away from the main libary( last time I was there I saw some one shot in the head 3 x) they really only keep copys of the Chonical, LA times and Sac bee. your best bet is to ether go into or call the countys main libary.
They are getting kind of serious about those overdue book fee's.... :idea: :D

YeLLowBoaT
11-14-2006, 12:43 PM
sad part is he took 3x .357 to the head and lived. only to be killed 6 months latter. he was a mexican gang bang so no real loss... just makes me wish I had my CCW... the shooter would have been dead.

11-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Traci, Go right to the source, the CC Times. Most newspapers keep back copies of the papers or at least on microftch [sp] If they don't they might be able to direct you to who might. If that doesn't work go to the county records offices for any legal action that might have been taken. You'd be surprised of the legal info you can find there, Bob

ChumpChange
11-14-2006, 04:57 PM
I'll be right by the library this Thanksgiving. The new Clayton library was just built a few years back so it might not have too much old info in it. My dad lives right at the base of Mt. Diablo.

R.A.D.man
11-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Is there a large State University in your area. When I was at the University of Texas, anyone could use the resources, just not check them out if you were not a student. The microfish resources of the older stuff can be incredible at the university level.
Or if times have changed, try to find a student and pay them to get the info for you. Could be easy money for them if you get a good one.