PDA

View Full Version : Rhino, Elka update

Todd969
11-14-2006, 11:20 AM
HUGE difference :2purples: :crossx:
Unbelievable what good shocks will do. I really am amazed with the handling,landing and most of the bronco buck removed. Well worth the $$$$
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_1350.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_1351.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_1352.JPG

Whipped Caliber
11-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Great we ran new shocks this weekend Fab Tech's what a differences they made as well. :cool: My back still loves me for it.

Todd969
11-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Great we ran new shocks this weekend Fab Tech's what a differences they made as well. :cool: My back still loves me for it.
I remember you saying that. I just wish I had them before the run, but what can you do about UPS :rolleyes: Hope to see you guys again soon.

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Damm..
I would have bummed a quick ride if I knew you were sporting the new dirt Logics. :cry: :)

djunkie
11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Damm..
I would have bummed a quick ride if I knew you were sporting the new dirt Logics. :cry: :)
Ya really. Dan and I were both talking about wanting to ride in one with the Fabtechs as well.

That Guy
11-14-2006, 11:40 AM
What does a set up like run? I think you told me but I don't remember...also Mark, how about the same question for the Fabtechs...?

sigepmock
11-14-2006, 11:45 AM
What does a set up like run? I think you told me but I don't remember...also Mark, how about the same question for the Fabtechs...?
Don't waste your time with shocks.....with the "precious" cargo you're carrying you need the full Long Travel Kit :crossx:
PM me I think I have a hook up on the Rhino Tech Inc. stuff for not much for than the Elka's :crossx: I'm working on a hard price OTD.
Chris<------ Needs more long travel buddies because he's tired of waiting on Djunkie and Cole Tricklestien......Todd doesn't count because he would be slow even with the long travel :)

djunkie
11-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Don't waste your time with shocks.....with the "precious" cargo you're carrying you need the full Long Travel Kit :crossx:
PM me I think I have a hook up on the Rhino Tech Inc. stuff for not much for than the Elka's :crossx: I'm working on a hard price OTD.
Chris<------ Needs more long travel buddies because he's tired of waiting on Djunkie and Cole Tricklestien......Todd doesn't count because he would be slow even with the long travel :)
I've been wondering why you never ran with us this weekend? I think you may have been surprised at the pace that Ivan Dan, Totally Incap., Cole Trickle, and I ran at. We may just have given you a run for your money. :crossx: :crossx:

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 11:54 AM
I've been wondering why you never ran with us this weekend? I think you may have been surprised at the pace that Ivan Dan, Totally Incap., Cole Trickle, and I ran at. We may just have given you a run for your money. :crossx: :crossx:
With a sheave we would have been right there with him.:D
He walked away from me on the road going back to Lowes.(I wasn't runng good but he still pulled :cry: )
I need to replace my fuel filter,change oil,plug and clean the intake pretty bad.(It was stumbling and popping pretty bad towards the end)

djunkie
11-14-2006, 11:56 AM
With a sheave we would have been right there with him.:D
He walked away from me on the road going back to Lowes.(I wasn't runng good but he still pulled :cry: )
I need to replace my fuel filter,change oil,plug and clean the intake pretty bad.(It was stumbling and popping pretty bad towards the end)
So your still making excuses huh? Did the wooping I gave you make you feel bad? LOL!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

sigepmock
11-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I know you guys will run as fast as me.....I just don't like waiting around for you guys when you break or blow tires because you're running at maximum speed and I'm just cruising :crossx:
In all seriousness. The upgraded shocks make a huge difference for the budget minded....but there is no substitute for wheel travel. Going from the stock 8 inches of travel to 14 to 16 inches of travel and getting the good shocks makes the Rhino a completely different animal, not to mention the added 2 to 3 inches of wheelbase.

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 12:03 PM
I know you guys will run as fast as me.....I just don't like waiting around for you guys when you break or blow tires because you're running at maximum speed and I'm just cruising :crossx:
In all seriousness. The upgraded shocks make a huge difference for the budget minded....but there is no substitute for wheel travel. Going from the stock 8 inches of travel to 14 to 16 inches of travel and getting the good shocks makes the Rhino a completely different animal, not to mention the added 2 to 3 inches of wheelbase.
I thing a light 2 seater with LT would be sweet.
The biggest thing that would keep me from going LT are the fact that you can't put it in the back of a truck. :cry: :yuk: :rollside:
Second biggest reason would be price;) :crossx:
There is no doubt in my mind that chris is a ton faster through the rough stuff.(There was alot of it on Saturday)

djunkie
11-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Thats great and all but the 5-6k price tag and needing a trailer is what kills the long travel for me. I sure enjoyed flying in the carpool lane on the way home sunday. :crossx:

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 12:04 PM
So your still making excuses huh? Did the wooping I gave you make you feel bad? LOL!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:
No doubt you walked away slow as I was popping and stumbling.It was running good the first half and then I got the Ivan Dan itis:D

djunkie
11-14-2006, 12:11 PM
No doubt you walked away slow as I was popping and stumbling.It was running good the first half and then I got the Ivan Dan itis:D
Did his ever clear up?

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Did his ever clear up?
yeah... ran perfect after the 15th beer stop when he took off the intake/outerwear and knocked 10 lbs of dirt off his K&N.The intake was almost plugged solid.(I couldn't believe the amount of crap that got through the outerwear)
He dosen't think it was the fuel filter.
If you go but the rest of those filters let me know. (Mail me a couple so I can fix my bucket)

djunkie
11-14-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah... ran perfect after the 15th beer stop when he took off the intake/outerwear and knocked 10 lbs of dirt off his K&N.The intake was almost plugged solid.(I couldn't believe the amount of crap that got through the outerwear)
He dosen't think it was the fuel filter.
If you go but the rest of those filters let me know. (Mail me a couple so I can fix my bucket)
I'll go down there today if you want. How many do you need? I think there was 6 or 7 left in the box.

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 12:20 PM
I'll go down there today if you want. How many do you need? I think there was 6 or 7 left in the box.
As many as you will part with.(2-3)

Todd969
11-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Always picking on the old guy :rolleyes: That's ok, I still have just as much fun :p

djunkie
11-14-2006, 12:25 PM
As many as you will part with.(2-3)
I'll run down there in a little bit. Gotta go to the bank anyways. Maybe they will give me a loan so I can buy myself some lunch. :crossx: :crossx:

sigepmock
11-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Always picking on the old guy :rolleyes: That's ok, I still have just as much fun :p
Well you're so damn polite and never talk crap that's all we got to pick on... :)
I wonder if you rachet straped the a-arms together from each side like a buggy if it would narrow a LT Rhino up enough to get in the truck bed? probably not....Maybe get some little skinny tires like the buggy guys do.
I got the price on the LT and they're all about the same OTD from my connections....not $5000 to $6000 but not a ton better than that either :cry:
Chris

djunkie
11-14-2006, 12:40 PM
I wonder if you rachet straped the a-arms together from each side like a buggy if it would narrow a LT Rhino up enough to get in the truck bed? probably not....Maybe get some little skinny tires like the buggy guys do.
Chris
Not even close. Brandin couldn't even get his Rhino in the back of his truck with stock arms and offset wheels.

Froggystyle
11-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Has anyone compared the Elka's to the Kings? I have been curious as to how they felt on an LT Rhino.

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Has anyone compared the Elka's to the Kings? I have been curious as to how they felt on an LT Rhino.
I have only seen a couple people run the Elka Elites on a LT set up.
From what I have been told the Elkas are the top dog due to there unlimited adjustability.
The problem is a LT kit with Kings will run you around $5500 +/- and if you swapped for Elkas you would be closer to $8,000.(I think the Elites Retail for close to 4K :crossx: )
Most people don't want to spend 5K on LT. :)

Todd969
11-14-2006, 01:44 PM
From what I have been told the Elkas are the top dog due to there unlimited adjustability.
The problem is a LT kit with Kings will run you around $5500 +/- and if you swapped for Elkas you would be closer to $8,000.(I think the Elites Retail for close to 4K :crossx: )
You're a smart cookie. LT's with Elka's are expensive.

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 02:04 PM
You're a smart cookie. LT's with Elka's are expensive.
I try:D
Congrats the elkas are sweet..... I just wish you would have gotten them when you originally thought so you could have taken me for a rip.

Todd969
11-14-2006, 02:09 PM
I try:D
Congrats the elkas are sweet..... I just wish you would have gotten them when you originally thought so you could have taken me for a rip.
You'll be back again soon and I'll let you take it.

Whipped Caliber
11-14-2006, 02:14 PM
The set-up was great, Cydney didn't ask me once to slow down. The shocks I put on cost $1200.00 + tax. I can order them cost is $1200.00 + tax Best money I've spend so far!! BTW Fab Tech has a LT kit coming out soon, will have one on my Rhino when they do.

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 02:15 PM
You'll be back again soon and I'll let you take it.
You don't want that to happen;) :crossx:
How much faster can you now go over the rough stuff without it bucking?

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 02:17 PM
The set-up was great, Cydney didn't ask me once to slow down. The shocks I put on cost $1200.00 + tax. I can order them cost is $1200.00 + tax Best money I've spend so far!! BTW Fab Tech has a LT kit coming out soon, will have one on my Rhino when they do.
Have you heard any pricing leaks on the LT kit?
I think they could corner the market if they used there production abilities and offered a kit for a great price.

Todd969
11-14-2006, 02:19 PM
You don't want that to happen;) :crossx:
How much faster can you now go over the rough stuff without it bucking?
So far pretty darn fast, compared to before.

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 02:23 PM
So far pretty darn fast, compared to before.
Now you need a 686 kit so you can keep up with the shocks;)
I hate those darn slippery slopes:D :crossx:

Whipped Caliber
11-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Have you heard any pricing leaks on the LT kit?
I think they could corner the market if they used there production abilities and offered a kit for a great price.
Will have pricing soon, they have 5 Rhinos running it now. BTW all the rhinos are thiers they have 10 for testing. :rolleyes:

sigepmock
11-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Will have pricing soon, they have 5 Rhinos running it now. BTW all the rhinos are thiers they have 10 for testing. :rolleyes:
It will definately be interesting to see how the kit works. I have a few friends that saw the kit at SEMA and they had a few reservations about it but hopefully Dave can get the bugs worked out and produce a good affordable kit.
I don't think it will replace some of the top end kits out there but there's definintely a nitch in the market to be filled.
Just my $.02,
Chris

Froggystyle
11-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Kings aren't exactly bargain priced though... What is the pricing on the Elka "utility series" that I keep seeing folks with? I haven't seen the "Elite" ones on a Rhino yet...

sigepmock
11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Kings aren't exactly bargain priced though... What is the pricing on the Elka "utility series" that I keep seeing folks with? I haven't seen the "Elite" ones on a Rhino yet...
Your Kings are as good or better than the Utility series.....only swap to the Ekla Elite's and then only if you really need to dial in your riding for different styles of riding or changing track conditions.....Really with the high speed and low speed compression and rebound adjustment....they are the best but more suited to racers that need that adjustability or for guy's with too much money like Todd :crossx: I'd run a set if I didn't have to pay for them :)
I still think you should be running a bag-over King from the Funco's. :)
Chris
PS Brandin empty your PM's Homo!!!!

RiverRatMike
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm very impressed by the stock shocks on the Rhino. Maybe someday will upgrade but for now the stock shocks work great!

Todd969
11-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Your Kings are as good or better than the Utility series.....only swap to the Ekla Elite's and then only if you really need to dial in your riding for different styles of riding or changing track conditions.....Really with the high speed and low speed compression and rebound adjustment....they are the best but more suited to racers that need that adjustability or for guy's with too much money like Todd :crossx: I'd run a set if I didn't have to pay for them :)
I still think you should be running a bag-over King from the Funco's. :)
Chris
PS Brandin empty your PM's Homo!!!!
Easy Flyboy, I got what I could afford :yuk:

Todd969
11-14-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm very impressed by the stock shocks on the Rhino. Maybe someday will upgrade but for now the stock shocks work great!
This coming from a guy with a bone stock ride :rolleyes:
J\K Mike, to each their own :)

sigepmock
11-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Easy Flyboy, I got what I could afford :yuk:
You know I'm just kidding.....they are absolutely a bitching shock and you're not going to be disappointed. I wish I had a set. :)

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 03:18 PM
You know I'm just kidding.....they are absolutely a bitching shock and you're not going to be disappointed. I wish I had a set of balls. :)
Cleaned out my PM box :crossx:

Todd969
11-14-2006, 03:18 PM
You know I'm just kidding.....they are absolutely a bitching shock and you're not going to be disappointed. I wish I had a set. :)
It's all good. I may have jumped the gun on them. I now have another deal in the making that could put me in a LT sooner than later :rolleyes: figures, right.
So my Elka Elites could be in the spam for a very reduced price soon. :)

OutCole'd
11-14-2006, 03:21 PM
I would be interested in this, I'm holding out on shocks till I find out if I'm going LT or not.

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 03:23 PM
It's all good. I may have jumped the gun on them. I now have another deal in the making that could put me in a LT sooner than later :rolleyes: figures, right.
It takes less than 2 days for you to go from leaving it alone to adding the next mod;) :crossx:
LT next week and then a new cage ,seats and 686 kit the week after. :)

Todd969
11-14-2006, 03:27 PM
It takes less than 2 days for you to go from leaving it alone to adding the next mod;) :crossx:
LT next week and then a YES new cage ,seats and NO 686 kit the week after. :)
You're a bad influence and I'm telling Dana......... :p

Cole Trickle
11-14-2006, 03:33 PM
You're a bad influence and I'm telling Dana......... :p
She won't believe you;)
she knows your sick and it has nothing to do with your HB friends :crossx:
You gonna do a 2 seater cage? (Make sure R&R hooks it up with a tire/gas can and cooler rack)

Garrddogg
11-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Really? howbout two of em? :rollside:

djunkie
11-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Would you guys freakin quit it. I'm freakin broke

Todd969
11-14-2006, 03:58 PM
She won't believe you;)
she knows your sick and it has nothing to do with your HB friends :crossx:
You gonna do a 2 seater cage? (Make sure R&R hooks it up with a tire/gas can and cooler rack)
Actually we are doing a 4 seat cage with those add ons so I can have a full top like Gary's.

Todd969
11-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Really? howbout two of em? :rollside:
Keywords, Deal in the making :crossx:

That Guy
11-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Man my kids are going to be upset on Christmas morning.... :crossx:

Froggystyle
11-14-2006, 04:03 PM

OutCole'd
11-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Man my kids are going to be upset on Christmas morning.... :crossx:
What's new? :cool:

That Guy
11-14-2006, 04:07 PM
What's new? :cool:
Somehow I don't think "Come see Dad's new long travel kit" is going to fly.... :p :crossx:

OutCole'd
11-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Somehow I don't think "Come see Dad's new long travel kit" is going to fly.... :p :crossx:
You can always wrap it & let them unwrap it Xmas morning.
Put some shocks in the stockings, etc.

RiverRatMike
11-14-2006, 04:14 PM
This coming from a guy with a bone stock ride :rolleyes:
J\K Mike, to each their own :)
Haha yeah I know, my rhino is all bone stock except for the BRP CDI unit. It being stock gets me anywhere I want to go with no problems. I also don't have $15,000 grand to spend on upgrades right now. Somday I hope.

sigepmock
11-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Yoy can always wrap it & let them unwrap it Xmas morning.
Put some shocks in the stockings, etc.
It'll be a great father and sons project :crossx:

Garrddogg
11-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah I"m still figuring on how thats gonna work for me! :cool: :rollside: :idea:

Todd969
11-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Had a chance to REALLY try the shocks out today. WOW :eek: :2purples: :eek:
I lauched it approx 3' off the ground and 20' in distance. The thing landed like it was on a pillow :) Anybody coming out the 25th can give it a try.

djunkie
11-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Had a chance to REALLY try the shocks out today. WOW :eek: :2purples: :eek:
I lauched it approx 3' off the ground and 20' in distance. The thing landed like it was on a pillow :) Anybody coming out the 25th can give it a try.
I've changed my mind. I don't wanna ride in it now. It'll just cost me more money. :cry: :cry:

riverracerx
11-15-2006, 02:42 PM
Todd - I have built a special place for you (and your threads) :p
*frantically searching for an '07 red rhino*

djunkie
11-15-2006, 02:44 PM
RRX======Sucked in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

Cole Trickle
11-15-2006, 02:52 PM
RRX======Sucked in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:
He probably convinced his wife it was safer to have his own vs. ever riding with Bling again;) :crossx: :p

OutCole'd
11-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Did you get a hold of Mike?

Todd969
11-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks very much Chris.
Guys and ladies, I am moving all my Rhino,Ranger,Arctic Cat talk over to RRX since most people here seem to be bothered by it.

Garrddogg
11-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks very much Chris.
Guys and ladies, I am moving all my Rhino,Ranger,Arctic Cat talk over to RRX since most people here seem to be bothered by it.
AH KARAPP..
heres a copy of a pm I sent to ***boat about twenty min ago.
I think we need an added forum for Rhinos.. It would be nice and we wouldnt be offending anyone with all of our Rhino talk..
Here are some suggestions
Rhino Talk, Hot Rhino, Rhinos and Sand,or Hot muthervukin Rhonos Biatches!
As allways Thank you your emenance..
Force 26 aka Gary.

Havasu1986
11-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Not me Todd...It beats some of the drama threads

Cole Trickle
11-15-2006, 03:11 PM
I would much rather discuss Rhino's,Bikes,Jeeps,etc.... than 2/3's of the other drama filled BS that goes on here.

djunkie
11-15-2006, 03:15 PM
I would much rather discuss Rhino's,Bikes,Jeeps,etc.... than 2/3's of the other drama filled BS that goes on here.
Ya, those backyard remodel threads are a little dull. :crossx: :crossx:

OutCole'd
11-15-2006, 03:16 PM
I'd like to talk about Emerson.....

djunkie
11-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Ya me too. :crossx: :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19966&stc=1

Todd969
11-15-2006, 03:19 PM
So would your porn addicted son :2purples:
Back to the topic at hand: Who has the # for Atlus in Okiehoma for Chris?

Cole Trickle
11-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Ya, those backyard remodel threads are a little dull. :crossx: :crossx:
No drama in backyard remodels;) :crossx:

Cole Trickle
11-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Roger that!
That is a good looking french fry!!:D :p

That Guy
11-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Ya me too. :crossx: :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19966&stc=1
I think that's Mandelon's wife.....great girl... :crossx: :crossx:

riverracerx
11-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Already been on the phone with Altus (best prices), Walts, OTD LA, North Hollywood and santa clarita.
Altus $9800 shipped to me (I need two more rhinos shipped to ca/az though to make this happen.
Walts: $11,700 OTD
OTD: $11K
NH: $11 + fees
SCM: '06 with new red plastic $11K otd
Everyone is welcome here:
RRX RHINO board (http://riverracerx.com/cgi-bin/mb2/ikonboard.cgi?;act=SF;f=30)

OutCole'd
11-15-2006, 03:41 PM
I think that's Mandelon's wife.....great girl... :crossx: :crossx:
Excuse me, but do we know you?? :) :cool:

OutCole'd
11-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Already been on the phone with Altus (best prices), Walts, OTD LA, North Hollywood and santa clarita.
Altus $9800 shipped to me (I need two more rhinos shipped to ca/az though to make this happen.
Walts: $11,700 OTD
OTD: $11K
NH: $11 + fees
SCM: '06 with new red plastic $11K otd
Everyone is welcome here:
RRX RHINO board (http://riverracerx.com/cgi-bin/mb2/ikonboard.cgi?;act=SF;f=30)
Damn!!!! That's a lot of Micky Mouse toys......