PDA

View Full Version : Christmas lights

framer1
11-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Am I the only loser who has to put up christmas lights for his wife? What a pain in the butt :yuk: Ba humbug :)

a catered life
11-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Am I the only loser who has to put up christmas lights for his wife? What a pain in the butt :yuk: Ba humbug :)
yup i make my gf crawl up on the roof and hang them her self i get to have fun cause i have her wear a santa skirt while climbing :p

Hardly Satisfied
11-14-2006, 12:31 PM
no your not, and yes a pain in the butt , but it's for all the kids to enjoy

wright27
11-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Me , wife , and kids. We make it a family thing. It is actually kinda fun.

SHOCKENYALL
11-14-2006, 12:54 PM
We have always done the same thing... my husband didn't enjoy it as much at 1st, but now that the kids are older, they do something new every year. And we end up with more and more lights every year.... it's fun watching them. I stay inside mostly and make homemade hot chocolate and cranberry orange bread... all their fave's!
I hope they can come home every Christmas when their older and out of the house..... they are what makes these holidays so special..... I still have 5-7 years left b-4 they move on to college... and I miss them already! :cry:

framer1
11-14-2006, 01:09 PM
We have always done the same thing... my husband didn't enjoy it as much at 1st, but now that the kids are older, they do something new every year. And we end up with more and more lights every year.... it's fun watching them. I stay inside mostly and make homemade hot chocolate and cranberry orange bread... all their fave's!
I hope they can come home every Christmas when their older and out of the house..... they are what makes these holidays so special..... I still have 5-7 years left b-4 they move on to college... and I miss them already! :cry:
That is one the reasons i'm putting up lights....kids are coming home this year :) Believe me it is sad when they start their own life....but it does have it's good points too.

syke-o
11-14-2006, 01:15 PM
i put em up avery thanksgiving day weekend.... seems as though they never last the whole season without a strand burning out, then they look like shit and i get pissed off and dont want to get back up there and fix them..

YeLLowBoaT
11-14-2006, 01:18 PM
I hate those damn things... in my line of work all of those nails and light hanger doo dads make my life hell... do me and yourself a favor... don't hang them.( not only is it a pita to do, but I'll charge you more when it comes time to paint your house.)

framer1
11-14-2006, 01:22 PM
I hate those damn things... in my line of work all of those nails and light hanger doo dads make my life hell... do me and yourself a favor... don't hang them.( not only is it a pita to do, but I'll charge you more when it comes time to paint your house.)
I'm using the rain gutter hangers....they work pretty good and they come off with the lights.

redneckgirl
11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Don't worry Bruce...Doug will be doing it Thanksgiving weekend!!! :rollside:
RNG

Phat Al
11-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Let's see a pic of your lights, mine wont be up untill the weekend after Thanksgiving.

framer1
11-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Let's see a pic of your lights, mine wont be up untill the weekend after Thanksgiving.
Don't know how to do pictures. I won't be turning on the lights untill after thanksgiving. Just had some extra time to put them up....Would like to see eveybodys else's though :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
I wish I could get my hubby to put up Christmas lights. :cry: We did one year and that was that. Maybe I will attempt to hang them myself and he will get so annoyed that I am doing it wrong that he will take over. :rollside:

MsDrmr
11-14-2006, 03:37 PM
I doubt that your the only one, I had help from the ex, for a couple years but since I was 18, I have strung lights by myself

Riomouse911
11-14-2006, 03:57 PM
I used the big "retro" C-9 Christmas bulbs on my old one-storey house in Chino, and it was a piece of cake to put up and take off. Liked the look, and it reminded me of my house when I was a kid (everyone had the big-ass bulbs) However, C-9 = lousy energy use, so I got tired of a big X-mas Edison bill and went all- LED crazy 3 years ago to save some energy (money) during the month I keep them up.
We now have this 2-story pad we bought a couple years ago, and my towering 5'8" frame has to stretch to the max on a 26' extension ladder to reach the highest ridge... which is naturally placed over the wrought iron dog run and concrete RV pad... so if (when ) I fall, it's splatto! :skull:
Maybe I should hire someone to put them up, I'm not likin' heights anymore :cry:

Ziggy
11-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanksgiving weekend tradition for us as well. Got a mixture of the older big bulbs and the little ones. Daughter loves to throw the burned out bulbs for the "POP" noise, then even goes and picks up afterwards.
When all done we walk down the streeet to admire our creation. :) :)

Caribbean Jet
11-14-2006, 04:21 PM
My buddy put himself through college and then some putting up Xmas lights for big money. He would go into Laguna and Newport and set the lights up. He never worked a job during the school year.

house
11-14-2006, 04:44 PM
I love putting up Christmas lights every year.
I get "Clark Griswald Syndrome" every year around this time.....

squirt'nmyload
11-14-2006, 05:09 PM
My buddy put himself through college and then some putting up Xmas lights for big money. He would go into Laguna and Newport and set the lights up. He never worked a job during the school year.
i did that too when i was younger.....usually about 150-300 bucks a house depending on what they wanted....they would even give me the money to buy the lights for them.....freakin ballers

98 Vector 21
11-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Mine went up Saturday.....Ask Dan not a roof you want to climb on....

JetBoatRich
11-14-2006, 05:17 PM
we will throw them up in a couple weeks :cool:

framer1
11-14-2006, 06:16 PM
I wish I could get my hubby to put up Christmas lights. :cry: We did one year and that was that. Maybe I will attempt to hang them myself and he will get so annoyed that I am doing it wrong that he will take over. :rollside:
You can't figure out a way to threaten him if he doesn't put the lights up......come on every girl know that :)

shueman
11-14-2006, 06:18 PM
The double-wide has been ready to go all year.... :crossx:
Just gotta plug 'em in.... :cool:

grads2112
11-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Here's a pic of my house during the Holidays. 18,000 lights...start puting them up at Halloween and finish by Thanksgiving. A lot of extension cords and staples...the house looks like swiss cheese when I pull them down.
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5232/christmaslightskp5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Cole Sanger
11-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Good golly that's a lot of lights! (in chris rocks voice)

framer1
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Here's a pic of my house during the Holidays. 18,000 lights...start puting them up at Halloween and finish by Thanksgiving. A lot of extension cords and staples...the house looks like swiss cheese when I pull them down.
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5232/christmaslightskp5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Looks like my house....Yea sure :) Very nice

beyondhelpin
11-14-2006, 07:30 PM
The double-wide has been ready to go all year.... :crossx:
Just gotta plug 'em in.... :cool:
Im not a baller like you, big man with the doublewide. But like you all I have to do is plug the lights in and the trailer is ready for the Holidays. :crossx:

XTRM22
11-15-2006, 06:44 AM
Not only do I have to put up the Christmas lights, I gotta go them and the other decorations out of storage cause there's not enough room at home for it all. Then New Years day it all comes back down and goes back to storage.
Chuck

707dog
11-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Well I Used To Put Lights Up But Since My Lil City Is So Ghetto And The Sonza B#$%#'s Steal Them Any Ways..i Just Do The Tree Lights And Some Lil Holiday Candles...but I Do Take The Kid Around To The Not So Chitty Areas To See Lights..well Happy Holidays To All!! And Paint Ball Practice It Is On The Lil Lights Grabbers...lmao

wright27
11-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Looks good Clark Griswald :) That must take along time.

Riomouse911
11-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I bet the Edison meter is spinning like a circular saw blade... :220v: I must admit..It does look cool!

Phat Al
11-15-2006, 03:41 PM
WOW...My wife would love if I put all those light up

ratso
11-15-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm sure you guys could "cut a deal" with the wife to make it worth your while... :idea:

beaverretriever
11-15-2006, 05:37 PM
That is awesome. I dont want my wife to see this or else our house will look like that this yr..LOL
We put up a ton of lights, but it sure doesnt compare to that!!! :)

460 jus getn it
12-18-2006, 02:34 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:LMMFAO.................................. .................................................. .......

Biglue
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Where have I seen that guy before??? I just can't "picture" where I know him from......perhaps in "HOt Spots West"??? :D

460 jus getn it
12-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Where have I seen that guy before??? I just can't "picture" where I know him from......perhaps in "HOt Spots West"??? :D
Isnt that GRADS2112.....THE KING correct

grads2112
12-18-2006, 02:47 PM
That's just messed up.

acatitude
12-18-2006, 02:48 PM
homo

acatitude
12-18-2006, 02:50 PM
and the hits just keep on comin...:hammer2:

eliminatedsprinter
12-18-2006, 02:51 PM
I take mine down for my wife.... One year I just left them up (just had white lights) I liked it and thought they worked better than just the porch light. Plus when I had friends over I could turn them on and they could spot the house better. The wife thought it was tacky and has made me take them down every year since.:mix:

squirt'nmyload
12-18-2006, 02:52 PM
oh snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap............lmao

Trailer Park Casanova
12-18-2006, 03:09 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/christmas.jpg?t=1166483293yup i make my gf crawl up on the roof and hang them her self i get to have fun cause i have her wear a santa skirt while climbing :p

piper
12-18-2006, 07:35 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Oh snap! :D