PDA

View Full Version : Firefighter Hazing

MudPumper
11-14-2006, 05:33 PM
So some photos have been released that shows that firefighter that won millions taking part in similar hazing on fellow firefighters. I really hope they review the settlement and take his money back. What a crock of shit.

Wet Dream
11-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Ok, so share the photos. You know we're too lazy to find it on our own.

Kilrtoy
11-14-2006, 06:02 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What webs we sew

QuickJet
11-14-2006, 06:10 PM
If he got 2.7 million for eating 2 forks of dog food, what do you guys think would be a fair amount to give the families of the 5 fire fighters who burned to death in the line of duty?

jojoshow
11-14-2006, 07:29 PM
It was a weak lawsuit. A lawsuit for discrimination.

67weimann
11-14-2006, 08:04 PM
http://209.85.12.232/5284/3/emo/worthlesswopics.gif

HavasuSelect
11-14-2006, 08:06 PM
If he got 2.7 million for eating 2 forks of dog food, what do you guys think would be a fair amount to give the families of the 5 fire fighters who burned to death in the line of duty?
WELL SAID!!! :mad: :mad:

MudPumper
11-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Ok, so share the photos. You know we're too lazy to find it on our own.
The photos were shown on the news tonight. I'll do a search and see if I can fiind them on the web.

Kilrtoy
11-14-2006, 08:52 PM
WOW shaving another mans groin, posing with a strapped in naked man and pour water from a hose in to a strapped down rookies throat...
and THIS clown gets 2.7 MILLION
www.nbc4.tv/news/10321735/detail.html?rss=la&psp=news

Stirring the Pot
11-14-2006, 08:57 PM
WOW shaving another mans groin, posing with a strapped in naked man and pour water from a hose in to a strapped down rookies throat...
and THIS clown gets 2.7 MILLION
www.nbc4.tv/news/10321735/detail.html?rss=la&psp=news
I thought this kinda hazing only took place with Campus Police? Huh? I learn something new everyday! :idea:

HavasuSelect
11-14-2006, 08:59 PM
"The council also granted full retirement benefits to Pierce"
That mother ****ing cocksucker.

Kachina26
11-14-2006, 09:03 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What webs we sew
How about what webs we weave? Or perhaps, you reap what you sow?

BajaMike
11-14-2006, 09:04 PM
So some photos have been released that shows that firefighter that won millions taking part in similar hazing on fellow firefighters. I really hope they review the settlement and take his money back. What a crock of shit.
Here are the pics from the KFI website......
KFI--Fireman who won $millions hazing other fire fighters (http://www.kfi640.com/pages/clayroe.html)
:idea:

Kilrtoy
11-14-2006, 09:08 PM
How about what webs we weave? Or perhaps, you reap what you sow?
Don't call me if you ever happen to get stuck on the side of a mountain...
Not that, that would ever happen :boxed:

HighRoller
11-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This has the potential to end up like the South Park episode on sexual harrassment! I think it's clear what happened here. The guy couldn't hack it and wanted to cash in. On the positive, the other firefighters are probably relieved he's not on their shift anymore. Could you imagine being down in a smoky building and having to rely on that douchebag to come in and get you? Might as well send in the 4'11" 100lb woman instead. At least she'd try...

SHOTKALLIN
11-15-2006, 12:02 AM
this is just another reason not to live in los angeles. the city council is retarded to even think about giving that guy a dime let alone 2.7mil.

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 12:13 AM
that goes way beyond hazing...( not 2.7 mil worth) I mean the water from the hat is one thing. the other shit is something esle all toegther.
All that needed to be done is fire all those enovled and they lose thier pention.

Kachina26
11-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Don't call me if you ever happen to get stuck on the side of a mountain...
Not that, that would ever happen :boxed:
Sheee at, I got yo ass on speed dial! No worries, I gots me a 4wd now. Hyundai, baby!

little rowe boat
11-15-2006, 10:19 AM
In the last 15 to 20 yrs. hazing in the fire service has calmed way down. To eat a little dog food really is not that big a thing. For people not in the fire service, I know it's hard to understand something like this but believe me it's usually all done in fun and with no malice intended.
I believe this guy was probably close to retirement and figured he would screw his buddies and try to supplement his retirement a bit.

Schiada76
11-15-2006, 10:27 AM
He was six months from retirement.
What a turd licker.

HatenWinter
11-15-2006, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=YeLLowBoaT]that goes way beyond hazing...( not 2.7 mil worth) I mean the water from the hat is one thing. the other shit is something esle all toegther.
All that needed to be done is fire all those enovled and they lose thier pention.[/QUOTE
The 2.7 million is crime in itself, the citiznes of LA should be pissed off. As for firing everyone involved and taking away their pensions, thats pretty extreme for eating dogfood. Discipline is appropriate but make the punishment fit the crime. Again, those who aren't firemen really don't know what it's like to spend 1/3 to 1/2 of your life with people other than your family, in the same house, in the same truck, working under extreme circumstances at times, it's a very unique job to say the least. Not to say that some pretty awfull things haven't been done in the past but 99% of the time it's good natured fun. I think this situation is one of the 99%. All I know is if I ever need a lawyer, I want his!

Froggystyle
11-15-2006, 11:16 AM
What a crock. The media would have an aneurism if they knew what some other indoctrinations are like... :rolleyes:
What a little bitch... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Biglue
11-15-2006, 11:56 AM
What a crock of shit. I wonder if this evidence was available during the case? It would be nice to see that fock be made to return the settlement AND THEN charge him and and his fokin attorney the fees they wasted the court's time on. NOW that would be a fair outcome. Fock around and waste the county's/people's money and you should be liable for those bills.
Shit like this drives me to a rant. First off it's apparently a race card deal. Second, there is the ever pitty producing attorney that actually takes and wins the case. Then he glutons in it if he wins it. It would also be nice to display the attorneys losses instead of just highlighting their victories. :mad:

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 12:09 PM
YB, I'm not sure if your in the fire service or not, but to fire someone and take away their pension for practical jokes is rediculous. I agree, in some cases, termination may be appropriate, however, it is not in a case where a turd roller who has photo documentation of his involvement in past pranks is saying "poor me!" I don't think that dog food incident is that bad. I'm not saying I wish it happened to me, but it was kinda funny. If you knew the real story behind it, you would agree with me. The only reason he won the lawsuit was because his douchebag lawyer pulled the race card and somehow proved that at some point dog food was representative of African American people. This prank was on the mellow side. After hearing the true story, he deserved it, and he only sued because he couldn't hack it and wanted the easy way out!!!
All I have to say to this is they, commited CRIMES ( there are several going on here). They willingly broke the law on MY TAX DOLLARS, they don't deserve to get any more of them. In fact I think they should have charges brought against them. The only place I know where you can break the law and still keep your pention is civil service jobs. If you did that type of thing int he private sector, not only would you be fired, lose your pention and be in jail. If I was in LA county I would be outraged and would take the time to make phone calls and write letters to every one enovled. i would make sure they knew my name/face/voice.

NOTALENT
11-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Dude is a prick period. Take back the money back, take his pension and let the prick Rot!!!

HatenWinter
11-15-2006, 02:47 PM
All I have to say to this is they, commited CRIMES ( there are several going on here). They willingly broke the law on MY TAX DOLLARS, they don't deserve to get any more of them. In fact I think they should have charges brought against them. The only place I know where you can break the law and still keep your pention is civil service jobs. If you did that type of thing int he private sector, not only would you be fired, lose your pention and be in jail. If I was in LA county I would be outraged and would take the time to make phone calls and write letters to every one enovled. i would make sure they knew my name/face/voice.
Are you talking about the new photos that just surfaced (see Bajamikes post) or the "Dog Food" incident?

MudPumper
11-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Are you kidding me????? How can you relate playing a practical joke on somebody (which happens to every single person who joins the Fire Dept. and they all know this going into it) to laws being broken and bringing charges against them. :cool:

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Here are the pics from the KFI website......
KFI--Fireman who won $millions hazing other fire fighters (http://www.kfi640.com/pages/clayroe.html)
:idea:
I am talking about these pics...if you can't see that thier are crimes being committed in those pics you need to LOSE your job.
Not all of the money for firemen comes from local taxs. so it is MY TAX money.

SixDays
11-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I asure you that the people in those pictures were having fun. It was probably a great day for that person who was the target, as people only get "backboarded" during celebratory times. And even if the person didn't like it, I garuntee you they were taking part and laughing when it happened to the next guy!!!
You can look at the tax way however youy want, but it is not your tax money payiong for that department, just like it is not my money paying four your local fire department. On top of that, you don't even live in the county :argue:

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 05:12 PM
I garuntee you they were taking part and laughing when it happened to the next guy!!!
and that makes it right, how?

HatenWinter
11-15-2006, 05:33 PM
and that makes it right, how?
The bottom line is that your obviously not a fireman, so you just don't undestand. All you need to know is that while these fun times occur at the firehouse when the bell rings it's all business, whether they are responding to your neighbors house or yours. The KFI pictures say it all, even the guy who was recently made rich by the city of LA took part in the same type of pranks which by the way look worse than eating a couple of spoons full of dog food........ just my .02

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 05:42 PM
What diffrence does it make if I am not a fireman??? I pay for you. that gives me every right to have a say in what goes on there. If the ppl in charge knew of stuff like this going on, they need to be fired as well( and lose thier pentions)

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 05:44 PM
One more thing, how can being straped down to a gerney and have a house stuffed in your mouth be a prank? That is illawful restraint and assult. I don't care how you slice it.

HatenWinter
11-15-2006, 05:50 PM
It's attitudes like that that fill court rooms with un-necessary lawsuits. And I'm quite sure that you don't pay my salary!!!

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 05:54 PM
no I think the lawsuit is BS, I think shit like what happend in those pics is unaccpetable. Why don't you take those pictures to the fire cheif and ask him what he thinks about them. Then take them too your local DAs office and see what they say. I'll bet you $1000 they think the same as me. Those ppl need to be fired and have charges brought up against them.

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 05:57 PM
While I am on a rant...
the fact that you think what happend is "OK" means you need to be Fired as well. Since you can't tell when tax payer money is being wasted and or crimes are being commited you have no place in public service.

MudPumper
11-15-2006, 06:03 PM
no I think the lawsuit is BS, I think shit like what happend in those pics is unaccpetable. Why don't you take those pictures to the fire cheif and ask him what he thinks about them. Then take them too your local DAs office and see what they say. I'll bet you $1000 they think the same as me. Those ppl need to be fired and have charges brought up against them.
I'll tell you what the chief will say. Off the record he will laugh and tell you the stories of the shit that happened to him before he was the chief and they are probably a lot worse than being made to eat some dog food. On the record he will say he does not condone the activity and that's only because of the opinions of people like you who raise a stink about shit you know nothing about. You think you pay my salary and should have a say about what goes on? Bullshit, keep your money then because I don't want or need it. :rollside:
And if you fired and brought charges against everybody who participated in hazing at the firehouse, then guess what, you wouldn't have any firemen. It's part of the job, the brotherhood, the culture, the tradition. You obviously know nothing about it and therefore your opinion means nothing. :idea:

sdpm
11-15-2006, 06:05 PM
You all should be listening to John and Ken right now. They just had "your" L.A. city council representative Jack Weis on the radio and he got hammered! He could not answer the simple question " What was the racial claim and the evidence to support it"? They say it was all about race and so did his lawer. I hope someone else on here heard their show tonight. This whole thing is a joke! :mad: I bet that if the money was comming from the city concil's own pockets, things would be alot different. It's easy spending other peoples money.

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I'll tell you what the chief will say. Off the record he will laugh and tell you the stories of the shit that happened to him before he was the chief and they are probably a lot worse than being made to eat some dog food. On the record he will say he does not condone the activity and that's only because of the opinions of people like you who raise a stink about shit you know nothing about. You think you pay my salary and should have a say about what goes on? Bullshit, keep your money then because I don't want or need it. :rollside:
Oh I wish he would say that to me... or better yet have it sent to me in a signed letter. he would be looking for a new job very shortly.

sdpm
11-15-2006, 06:12 PM
And if you fired and brought charges against everybody who participated in hazing at the firehouse, then guess what, you wouldn't have any firemen. It's part of the job, the brotherhood, the culture, the tradition. You obviously know nothing about it and therefore your opinion means nothing. :idea:
If you don't think that your salary comes from tax payers where do you think it does come from? If you don't need mine, I'll be more than happy to keep it.

MudPumper
11-15-2006, 06:17 PM
If you don't think that your salary comes from tax payers where do you think it does come from? If you don't need mine, I'll be more than happy to keep it.
LOL...I know where it comes from, I just get tired of people saying shit like, I pay your salary and trying to tell me how to do my job when they know nothing about it. I'll be more than happy to keep your money sdpm, I was referring to Yellow. LOL :rollside:

sdpm
11-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Damn it! I was hopeing you would say keep it then I could go get a new DCB or something! :p

Kachina26
11-15-2006, 06:40 PM
I am talking about these pics...if you can't see that thier are crimes being committed in those pics you need to LOSE your job.
The act hardly meets the standards of false imprisonment Intent to confine another person against their will. the possibility of negligent false imprisonment only arises if the imprisonment causes bodily harm. As far as unlawful restraint goes, from what I understand, those laws were written with respect to restraint in medical facilities. And we both know that this really doesn't fall into that category anyway. This crap is just childish pranks. A waste of money and resources, yes. A crime worthy of 2.7 mil? NO.
I don't see any crimes, perhaps a waste of food (I hope that's what they were smeering on that guy). But, that's about it. What do I know, I'm just a dumb railroader.
( and lose thier pentions) By the way, the word is pension.

little rowe boat
11-15-2006, 06:51 PM
What diffrence does it make if I am not a fireman??? I pay for you. that gives me every right to have a say in what goes on there. If the ppl in charge knew of stuff like this going on, they need to be fired as well( and lose thier pentions)
1st of all you are not paying for me. Not being a fireman, means you don't/ can't understand and trying to explain would be futile. Your are welcome to your opinions but remember, you don't have all of the facts and you can't understand how a little bit of hazing creates a bond and the laughter created by it, whether it is at your or someone elses expense helps to alleviate some of the stresses of the job. In the fire service, if you are not being occassionally hazed then you are probably not liked.

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 06:58 PM
I have been in the millitary, 3 sports teams in HS and 2 in college, I know what hazing is.... those pictures went way beyond hazing. They passed into the crimal range. If that is not a good reason to be fired I don't know what is.

HatenWinter
11-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Yellowboat, I hate to say it but with all the "fire all the firemen" statements your starting to sound like the guy who couldn't pass the entrance exam.... Maybe you want this to happen to create an opening for yourself so you and your buddies can all sit around and sing Coombayaahhh and hold hands... :rolleyes:

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Yellowboat, I hate to say it but with all the "fire all the firemen" statements your starting to sound like the guy who couldn't pass the entrance exam.... Maybe you want this to happen to create an opening for yourself so you and your buddies can all sit around and sing Coombayaahhh and hold hands... :rolleyes:
um no... If I wanted to be a fireman I would be one.
I feel the same way about all civil servents. If this had been police I would say the same thing.... hell even if it was for the county janators I would feel the same. Infact on ANY job, if you break the law your gone, period.

slink
11-15-2006, 07:08 PM
I thought everyone loved fireman :) :p
Just to calm some of the naysayers, in order to prosecute a crime commited against a person (excluding murder), you need a victim willing to testify.......... No victim No crime.
Now let all these fireman get back to their recliners, big screens and playboys (thats right, they can read em at the "house") so they can relax. We may need them to go save a kitten :p :)

MudPumper
11-15-2006, 07:10 PM
um no... If I wanted to be a fireman I would be one.
I feel the same way about all civil servents. If this had been police I would say the same thing.... hell even if it was for the county janators I would feel the same. Infact on ANY job, if you break the law your gone, period.
Please expain to us what laws are being broken here???? I'm beginning to think Yellowboat was the kid that got picked on. :rolleyes:

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Look at the pics... you'll be able to figure it out.

Biglue
11-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Just to calm some of the naysayers, in order to prosecute a crime commited against a person (excluding murder), you need a victim willing to testify.......... No victim No crime.
I thought the DA can pick up a case and file charges based on physical evidence??? Such as bruising or black eyes resulting from a fight.

SixDays
11-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Yellowboat...you have basically shown what an ass you are. You have made claims that hold no merit, and you are jsut shooting your mouth off, possibly because you like the way the keyboard sounds when you type on it. You are setting yourself up to appear as though you wanted to be a fireman but couldn't make it. "If I wanted to be a fireman I would be one" was your response, but military experience and sports teams doesn't mean your capable of the job, nor does it prove you are inteligent enough to listen to the fireman on this board say that this is in good fun. If one of your brothers tied you down and messed with you while you were restrained would you file charges against him? No, and niether would we. I live it 7 other grown men 10-15 days a month. I see them almost as much as I see my wife, and that makes them family to me. Most of us know how to take it as good as we dish it out, and the only way you can understand it is to be one of us. You are entitled to your own opinions, but that doesn't mean you are right, so stop talking smack, claiming to pay our salaries(BTW, don't pay our salaries/taxes and see what happens...like you have achoice), and acting all big and bad, because its people like you who have brought down the traditions and heritage of the fire department!!!
Now that that is said...I'm done. We're always gonna have to putr up with idiots like yelloeboat who think they know what is best, so I'm just gonna chalk him off to one of those people who will hate us until he needs us, and then hate us some more :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Kachina26
11-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Yellowboat...you have basically shown what an ass you are.
Really, although I strongly disagree with YB on this one, he's not an ass. I still don't see any crimes being commited in those pics.
Now, how did you get the name Whisker Biscuit? We call a guy at work that name. His last name is Wiskovitch (sp)

slink
11-15-2006, 07:34 PM
I thought the DA can pick up a case and file charges based on physical evidence??? Such as bruising or black eyes resulting from a fight.
They can "pick up" a case, but if there is no victim to come to court to testify, case dropped. These "pick up" cases happen mostly in domestic violence cases. Initial officers always tape record the wifes statement when she is still pissed and injured. Case gets sent to court, wife will come in and say she never "said that" (whatever she told initial cops). They will even go so far to force a subpoena to appear and will still get on the stand and say they never said it, they then bring the cop and the tape. Thats how those cases fly. But if there is never a victim to report a crime, then there is no crime. Kinda like if a bear farts in the woods...............

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 07:39 PM
I personally don't care if you think I am a ass. I find it very funny that you think I tired out to be a fireman... you must think lots of ppl want the job or something. I don't know about you, but if my borther tried to tie me down he would have to knock me out to do so. I work way to hard for my money to see it wasted by so called "professionals" acting like children. I won't even get into the fact that they were putting the public in danager by doing that shit.
the photos say it all. Really it does not matter if the DA does anything or not. What does matter is if the pics piss off the voters enough to go to the FD and who ever is above them and complain. Thrust me if the fire cheif had 100 ppl and the news crews show up at his office demanding some ones head, they would have it.

Biglue
11-15-2006, 07:53 PM
They can "pick up" a case, but if there is no victim to come to court to testify, case dropped. These "pick up" cases happen mostly in domestic violence cases. Initial officers always tape record the wifes statement when she is still pissed and injured. Case gets sent to court, wife will come in and say she never "said that" (whatever she told initial cops). They will even go so far to force a subpoena to appear and will still get on the stand and say they never said it, they then bring the cop and the tape. Thats how those cases fly. But if there is never a victim to report a crime, then there is no crime. Kinda like if a bear farts in the woods...............
Gotcha...."picked up but no case". Buddy of mine got into a fight and it was picked up that way because of swelling on the other guys face and so forth. The other guy never showed at court and it happened just as you described. No tape though. He still spent the weekend in jail lol.

HatenWinter
11-15-2006, 08:03 PM
"you must think lots of ppl want the job or something"
I'm also done with this thread because it's not going anywhere, you're entitled to your opinions, I'm just glad you're among the few that feel this way. In regards to your above statement, when I was hired I was competing against approximately 5,000 other people. So, yeah we do think that alot of people want our job.

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 08:12 PM
"you must think lots of ppl want the job or something"
I'm also done with this thread because it's not going anywhere, you're entitled to your opinions, I'm just glad you're among the few that feel this way. In regards to your above statement, when I was hired I was competing against approximately 5,000 other people. So, yeah we do think that alot of people want our job.
5k is not alot, how many unemployeed were there in CA at that time?...how many of those could pass all the checks and tests?

WetWillie
11-15-2006, 08:25 PM
I think the point here is that this type of action or hazing would not happen in the real world of business!! If I strapped someone down shaved them in my office I would be into a lawsuit that day!!! If I was not the owner I would loose my job IMEDIATLY!! Maybe criminal issues as well if the person didnt want me to do this to them!!!
This issue over I pay your salary is pointless. I read this thread and was wondering were you guys think the money comes from to pay these lawsuits?? If you guys want to donate to a slush fund to pay for this bullshiet you guys call a tradition or team building GO FOR IT! But in the real world this stuff is not acceptible!!! I dont want to pay for it and its bound to piss someone off when it goes to far!!
I think this guy should either give the money back and pay the fees OR loose his pension!
There is NO way that eating a plate of Dog food is worth $2.7 million!!!!

blown65
11-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Commiting a crime or not, those pics and what goes on is totally unprofessional IMO.

MudPumper
11-16-2006, 12:28 AM
I won't even get into the fact that they were putting the public in danager by doing that shit.
Please explain to us how they are putting the public in danger???? And we are still waiting for you to tell us what laws are being broken. :idea:

MudPumper
11-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Commiting a crime or not, those pics and what goes on is totally unprofessional IMO.
Here comes the Fun Police!!!!

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 12:34 AM
ok lets start with the 2 major laws I see being broken( I know there is more)
lets start with illawful restraint, then we will move on to assault.
Correct me if I am wrong, but when a emergency call goes out, seconds can mean the diffrence between life and death?
So you really think that having a "team" member tied down is going to help your response time?
I really don't understand why FIREMEN just don't get it...this type of shit is way out of line. Every one else understands that... why don't some of you?

ratso
11-16-2006, 05:42 AM
Wow, a three page pissing match over hazing... :rolleyes: Hey, if that's their thing, let em do it... but blame the attorneys, the courts, judges and the system... :yuk:
Although I don't agree with hazing, hey, it ain't hurting me. These are probably the same clowns that, when you're on a trip in a car with a lot of people, they're the ones that think it's cute or funny to let one rip and stink the place up, and the more they can make someone gag, the funnier it is... to them. I suppose if someone pulled that on me, I'd whip every one of their stupid asses... :boxingguy heck, they'd be suing me for assault then probably... but as I say, I'm not a fireman and could care less to participate in their stupid infantile games. I'd rather go outside and get up a good game of football or wash my truck... but hey, whatever gets you off... it doesn't affect me. ;)

ratso
11-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Oh, and yellow boat, aren't you the one coming on here always wanting to turn someone in to their boss or speak to a manager or some bullshit and try to cost someone their job??? Grow the fukk up and just address the issue... I bet you ran to the principals office every day after you had your ass handed to you on the playground... Geez Fukkin' Louise man... :D

TPI
11-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Yellowboat...you have basically shown what an ass you are. You have made claims that hold no merit, and you are jsut shooting your mouth off, possibly because you like the way the keyboard sounds when you type on it. You are setting yourself up to appear as though you wanted to be a fireman but couldn't make it. "If I wanted to be a fireman I would be one" was your response, but military experience and sports teams doesn't mean your capable of the job, nor does it prove you are inteligent enough to listen to the fireman on this board say that this is in good fun. If one of your brothers tied you down and messed with you while you were restrained would you file charges against him? No, and niether would we. I live it 7 other grown men 10-15 days a month. I see them almost as much as I see my wife, and that makes them family to me. Most of us know how to take it as good as we dish it out, and the only way you can understand it is to be one of us. You are entitled to your own opinions, but that doesn't mean you are right, so stop talking smack, claiming to pay our salaries(BTW, don't pay our salaries/taxes and see what happens...like you have achoice), and acting all big and bad, because its people like you who have brought down the traditions and heritage of the fire department!!!
Now that that is said...I'm done. We're always gonna have to putr up with idiots like yelloeboat who think they know what is best, so I'm just gonna chalk him off to one of those people who will hate us until he needs us, and then hate us some more :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
Above are some good facts from a fellow fireman. I have always said" There is no way a regular 40 hour worker could understand what it is like to live with your co-workers for 24 hpurs, 10+ days a month= over 1/3rd of your life!." Nor should a 40 hour worker decide what the rules are in the fire house. Outside in the public eye, now that's a different story. Way too much sue happy people in the world.

HatenWinter
11-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Careful Gary, he is already recommending that Mudpumper, Sixdays, and myself be fired, he might add you to the list now! But hey, if he did we could all get together and "haze" the S$%T out of each other everyday, it would be so fun!!! :D

Havasu1986
11-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey Yellowboat... Don't forget to put money in, when the "Fill the Boot" fundraiser comes around again. :crossx:

little rowe boat
11-16-2006, 10:07 AM
This thread has turned into, the slam yb. thread. First of all yb. is entitled to his opinion regardless if I or anyone else agrees with it( which I don't ). Secondly, trying to change someones opinion, especially when you don't know them, their background or anything else about them is a waste of our time.
When someone is standing on the outside looking in, it is easy for them to make criticizisms based on what they see and not neccessarily what they know. Unfortunately for those of us in the fire service, most of the people on the outside looking in can never understand what life in the firehouse is like. So trying to get them to understand our position will never happen.

ratso
11-16-2006, 11:13 AM
This thread has turned into, the slam yb. thread. First of all yb. is entitled to his opinion regardless if I or anyone else agrees with it( which I don't ). Secondly, trying to change someones opinion, especially when you don't know them, their background or anything else about them is a waste of our time.
When someone is standing on the outside looking in, it is easy for them to make criticizisms based on what they see and not neccessarily what they know. Unfortunately for those of us in the fire service, most of the people on the outside looking in can never understand what life in the firehouse is like. So trying to get them to understand our position will never happen.
Ass Kisser... :crossx: :D :D :D

slink
11-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I've been in a few "Houses" in my time, I know exactly what you Homo's do :) :)

ratso
11-16-2006, 11:30 AM
I've been in a few "Houses" in my time, I know exactly what you Homo's do :) :)
lmao...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3036Gay-Country.jpg

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Oh, and yellow boat, aren't you the one coming on here always wanting to turn someone in to their boss or speak to a manager or some bullshit and try to cost someone their job??? Grow the fukk up and just address the issue... I bet you ran to the principals office every day after you had your ass handed to you on the playground... Geez Fukkin' Louise man... :D
Nope I fought back. I strongly beleave that if you can't do the job, you need to be fired. This inculdes be to dumb to realize something you are doing is wrong.

blackcloud75
11-16-2006, 03:07 PM
I have been in the millitary, 3 sports teams in HS and 2 in college, I know what hazing is.... those pictures went way beyond hazing. They passed into the crimal range. If that is not a good reason to be fired I don't know what is.
First off, We appreciate your dedication to your country for your "millitary" (your spelling) service.
Maybe you should check this out................http://www.break.com/index/gi_jane_taped_to_poll.html
Did this go beyond hazing???????Your opinion is welcome.

slink
11-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Was wondering when you would show up Cory
How ya been?

ratso
11-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Nope I fought back. I strongly beleave that if you can't do the job, you need to be fired. This inculdes be to dumb to realize something you are doing is wrong.
I think that when it's time for them to do their job, they do it, and it seems a lot of them die doing it. I don't think there are many requirements on their "down time" and already stated that I wouldn't care for that type of behavior myself if in that situation, and also stated how I would handle it. Bottom line though, the guy that won the lawsuit is a piece of shit...

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 03:18 PM
First off, We appreciate your dedication to your country for your "millitary" (your spelling) service.
Maybe you should check this out................http://www.break.com/index/gi_jane_taped_to_poll.html
yes, it did. Still did not go as far as the firemen did in the pics. I don't know whats worse, the fact that they did it or the fact that they were dumb enough to post it on the net.

Kilrtoy
11-16-2006, 04:19 PM
DAMN talk about four play, I bet they got their monies worth later on...

TCN
11-16-2006, 04:26 PM
I am going to look at the positives in this thread:
What's up Cory.
What's up Gary. I will be at Howard Dec. 14th dropping the boat off for the winter. Will you be around?
Haten Winter - Best avatar award.

MudPumper
11-16-2006, 04:36 PM
yes, it did. Still did not go as far as the firemen did in the pics. I don't know whats worse, the fact that they did it or the fact that they were dumb enough to post it on the net.
Oh my god. The soldiers in that video were smiling, laughing, and having a good time. I bet while all of that was going on, not one of them was thinking about the possibility they might get shot or blown up at any moment. I bet it was a good stress reliever. What an outrage, they should all be arrested, fined, and given a dishonorable discharge from the military.
Hey Yellow, when was the last time you had fun and didn't try to arrest or sue somebody??? :idea:

blown65
11-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Here comes the Fun Police!!!!
LOL, I'm far from being against fun, but there are certian things that just should not happen at a place of work.

jojoshow
11-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Whats up fellow FFs. Hey Nick, Cory how are you guys? Not even going to START on this thread. Some poeple just don't get it, and won't ever.
Going to be in Havi Dec2nd for the light parade and boat bling's charity golf tourney. You guys coming out?
Joel.

blackcloud75
11-16-2006, 06:10 PM
I am going to look at the positives in this thread:
What's up Cory.
What's up Gary. I will be at Howard Dec. 14th dropping the boat off for the winter. Will you be around?
Haten Winter - Best avatar award.
wuuuussssuuuupppp..........homeboy
You working (hazing someone) tomorrow?

Throttle
11-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Chow is ready to go on.... guess what the rookie is eatin!

TCN
11-16-2006, 06:13 PM
wuuuussssuuuupppp..........homeboy
You working (hazing someone) tomorrow?
Not tomorrow but I have been hazing people all day today and plan on doing it again Sat. and during my trade on Sunday. Actually I am going surfing in the morning with a fellow brother so I might haze him in the water on a few waves. What been going on??? Light parade??? Nick

TCN
11-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Chow is ready to go on.... guess what the rookie is eatin!
Does it rhyme with Purina???

TCN
11-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Whats up fellow FFs. Hey Nick, Cory how are you guys? Not even going to START on this thread. Some poeple just don't get it, and won't ever.
Going to be in Havi Dec2nd for the light parade and boat bling's charity golf tourney. You guys coming out?
Joel.
What's up Joel. We will be in town for the light parade also Fri, Sat, Sun. How's everything in the North County?

Throttle
11-16-2006, 06:18 PM
What's up Joel. We will be in town for the light parade also Fri, Sat, Sun. How's everything in the North County?
we r gonna have to get together on that friday, dec 1... cuz i will be flying back to cali on sat am... racer277 is gonna be gettinn ready for a party... sooo read my mind...

Throttle
11-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Does it rhyme with Purina???
game tyme!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Joel.
I understand all to well... Some of the other that have posted here clearly don't.
I tell you guys what if you really think this type of "hazing" is ok... thats fine, video tape yourselfs doing it to the "new guy" then lets go take it to the Cheif and the local news station. We will see if they think its "ok".

blackcloud75
11-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Hey Slinky....you saucy lil' bitch you :)
Wuuussuuupp.....J-Dog(Joel)....see ya' out there
Yellowboat.....my sig references individuals like yourself....

blackcloud75
11-16-2006, 06:54 PM
we r gonna have to get together on that friday, dec 1... cuz i will be flying back to cali on sat am... racer277 is gonna be gettinn ready for a party... sooo read my mind...
Flying back?????? Or do you mean driving fast????
Wut up Cam..........

blackcloud75
11-16-2006, 06:57 PM
I understand all to well... Some of the other that have posted here clearly don't.
I tell you guys what if you really think this type of "hazing" is ok... thats fine, video tape yourselfs doing it to the "new guy" then lets go take it to the Cheif and the local news station. We will see if they think its "ok".
Dude...........your killing me.........can you at least use spell check!!!!!!!
Your arguements/opinions would have more creditability if u wood spel korektly.........

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey Slinky....you saucy lil' bitch you :)
Wuuussuuupp.....J-Dog(Joel)....see ya' out there
Yellowboat.....my sig references individuals like yourself....
really I don't have a clue? you don't know me from Adam, I understand all to well that hazing is a part of almost every job. What i don't understand is how ANY professional can say that tieing some one down covering them with god knows what and sticking a running hose in thier mouth is not way over the line. I also find it strange that the same professional would think that the persons enovled in something like that would not lose thier job on the spot. If one of my empolyees did something like that, they would be fired, arested( i would be more then happy to press charges if the victom didn't) and would be sued.

TCN
11-16-2006, 07:09 PM
How have you been Cam?? Kids welcome @ your house or grown ups only for that Friday??? You know how we roll. Nick

TCN
11-16-2006, 07:27 PM
really I don't have a clue? you don't know me from Adam, I understand all to well that hazing is a part of almost every job. What i don't understand is how ANY professional can say that tieing some one down covering them with god knows what and sticking a running hose in thier mouth is not way over the line. I also find it strange that the same professional would think that the persons enovled in something like that would not lose thier job on the spot. If one of my empolyees did something like that, they would be fired, arested( i would be more then happy to press charges if the victom didn't) and would be sued.
Most of the hazing that goes on is all in fun. Alot of it is tradition that has gone on for decades that signify certain events, for example, ending probation, passing an internship, a slow Tuesday night, ect. I have not read this whole thread so I may be repeating what someone has already written. The fire service in general is an extension of your family. It is basically like going to work in many cases with your best friends and having a sleepover. Obviously there are moments during the day that require 150% extreme professionalism and compassion and other moments that require brute strength and a photographic memory. This profession is like no other, therefore it can be compared to no other. This incident of hazing in which someone sues is rare and gives the entire profession a bad name. The fire station is a special place and the career is one that is sought by many and achieved by few. There are reasons for that. Not everyone is cut out for the daily activities of being a firefighter. Not all days are the same and one day you can be cutting someone out of a wrecked car clinging to life or rescuing a person from a burning building or doing cpr on an infant. These activities are not the career of the average person. You have to be a person that can do these things and then go home in the morning and have a normal day with your family or friends or both then go back to work the next day and do it all over usually in a different order. Hazing historically is like rushing a fraternity, part of an initiation ceremony to see if someone has thin skin. Will this break them or show the rest of the guys/gals that they have the RIGHT STUFF. Maybe this will just confuse you more or hopefully all this will make some sense. Bottom line is it is usually done, more often than not with good intent. My .02

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Most of the hazing that goes on is all in fun. Alot of it is tradition that has gone on for decades that signify certain events, for example, ending probation, passing an internship, a slow Tuesday night, ect. I have not read this whole thread so I may be repeating what someone has already written. The fire service in general is an extension of your family. It is basically like going to work in many cases with your best friends and having a sleepover. Obviously there are moments during the day that require 150% extreme professionalism and compassion and other moments that require brute strength and a photographic memory. This profession is like no other, therefore it can be compared to no other. This incident of hazing in which someone sues is rare and gives the entire profession a bad name. The fire station is a special place and the career is one that is sought by many and achieved by few. There are reasons for that. Not everyone is cut out for the daily activities of being a firefighter. Not all days are the same and one day you can be cutting someone out of a wrecked car clinging to life or rescuing a person from a burning building or doing cpr on an infant. These activities are not the career of the average person. You have to be a person that can do these things and then go home in the morning and have a normal day with your family or friends or both then go back to work the next day and do it all over usually in a different order. Hazing historically is like rushing a fraternity, part of an initiation ceremony to see if someone has thin skin. Will this break them or show the rest of the guys/gals that they have the RIGHT STUFF. Maybe this will just confuse you more or hopefully all this will make some sense. Bottom line is it is usually done, more often than not with good intent. My .02
i agree with you 100%, what I don't understand is how a firemen can say that tieing someone to a gurney, covering them with godknows what and sticking a running garden hose in thier mouth is not over the line. I am not talking about giving the new guy the crapy/pointless jobs or messing with his gear( even that I really don't understands since every second could mean life or death). I am talking about when hazing crosses the line into the crimal.
The guy that won the lawsuit for eating dog food is a jack ass.( the pics that I have been complaining about is what he did)

TCN
11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
i agree with you 100%, what I don't understand is how a firemen can say that tieing someone to a gurney, covering them with godknows what and sticking a running garden hose in thier mouth is not over the line. I am not talking about giving the new guy the crapy/pointless jobs or messing with his gear( even that I really don't understands since every second could mean life or death). I am talking about when hazing crosses the line into the crimal.
The guy that won the lawsuit for eating dog food is a jack ass.( the pics that I have been complaining about is what he did)
I have not seen the pics but I have read the story in the paper. As far as the gurney and taping or tieing someone down and pouring stuff on them, that is usually tradition for your last shift of field paramedic training. After the 20, 24 hour shifts of hell you endure to complete the field portion you really don't care what they do to you. It usually means they like you because they would not go to all that trouble and effort if they didn't. I realize to the average joe this sounds weird but that is the truth. Everyone has 2 sets of gear and if somthing happens to your first set you get your spares out. Like any story, the whole story has to be known. Most people will never understand or accept things like this but I could never understand or accept any job other than this and anything and everything that comes along with it. There are people who take things to far and push the limit but over time they usually single themselves out and get the punishment they deserve. Now can we all start hazing each other??

little rowe boat
11-16-2006, 07:56 PM
a firemessing with his gear( even that I really don't understands since every second could mean life or death).
Messing with someones protective gear is not tolerated in my dept. The reason being is your life depends on your gear being in good condition.

rollin24/7
11-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey Cam, hey Blackcloud what's up! Not too much here....other than our rookie just passed his one year and we're getting ready to "HAZE" the hell out of him next shift :yuk:
Yellowboat, your expertise and grammer is awsome. Keep up the great work and strong rebutals...................although you're always entitled to your opinion, you should always also be up for compromise, and willing to be educated on issues that you have a "LACK" of knowledge on...just my 2 cents.............ok i'm off to finding the rookie!!!!
PS: I hear SH!TBIRD passed the Captains test? Might want to call and find out.

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey Cam, hey Blackcloud what's up! Not too much here....other than our rookie just passed his one year and we're getting ready to "HAZE" the hell out of him next shift :yuk:
Yellowboat, your expertise and grammer is awsome. Keep up the great work and strong rebutals...................although you're always entitled to your opinion, you should always also be up for compromise, and willing to be educated on issues that you have a "LACK" of knowledge on...just my 2 cents.............ok i'm off to finding the rookie!!!!
make sure you post pics of what you do to him... I would love too show them to your cheif and the news...
I love how you guys keep thinking I don't understand how it is... you don't know me from adam. you have no idea what my life exp has been.
This thread has taken the respect I had for firemen and thrown it out the window. I am now willing to take action to insure that shit like this does not happen in the local FD.

rollin24/7
11-16-2006, 09:06 PM
First off I never said that you didn't understand...I just mentioned that I wished you would be a littel more willing to compromise with what a lot of people are telling you.
Secondly, I've worked with my chief for over a year now, and I really don't think he's going to have a problem when we congradulate the new guy to the fire service.
Ok, i'm done with this. We'll see you on the next one..... :argue: To me the sky is blue, to you the sky is Red or vise versa............done and done. Cam, when's the party

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 09:09 PM
First off I never said that you didn't understand...I just mentioned that I wished you would be a littel more willing to compromise with what a lot of people are telling you.
Secondly, I've worked with my chief for over a year now, and I really don't think he's going to have a problem when we congradulate the new guy to the fire service.
Ok, i'm done with this. We'll see you on the next one..... :argue: To me the sky is blue, to you the sky is Red or vise versa............done and done. Cam, when's the party
um
then what does this mean? (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2251449&postcount=102)

Throttle
11-16-2006, 09:22 PM
i have made a point of not postin on this subject. everyone has an opinion, after reading a recent post I only want to say... I do not come in your office and ask for change so don't try comin in mine and expecting things to change!
Hey BOOT, answer the phone!
by the way, hi guys, its good to see everone is doing well!

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Actaully, I would hope that if I am doing something you don't like you would come to my office and tell me, since it would be your home. It would save us both alot of stress, time and money.
Since your work for ME( your a public service, paid for by MY tax dollars) it is well with in my rights to tell you what I find unacceptable. At anytime you wish to stop working for me, let me know I will stop paying for your services.

blackcloud75
11-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Holy SHIAT!!!!!!!!!!!Good for Stinky
Did I hear that C.Daniels is a skipper now?.......I have also been playing phone tag w/ J.Enriquez over the past week.
Still at 22's aka Ol' seizure world?

Sotally Tober
11-16-2006, 09:35 PM
i have made a point of not postin on this subject. everyone has an opinion, after reading a recent post I only want to say... I do not come in your office and ask for change so don't try comin in mine and expecting things to change!
Very well put.
Nick, you gave a very accurate example of the Fire Service. Hopefully it will help some understand.
You have to live in the station to fully understand. I think every fireman here agrees about the good of hazing. It does cross the line sometimes and that is where it becomes wrong. I do not regret any of the things that happened to me. It has made a stronger bond with the brothers that back each other up in life threatening times.
I do believe the guy in L.A. is a piece of you know what. Especially since he participated in it at other times.
Yellowboat is entiteled to his opinion.

MudPumper
11-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey Yellow, I was just wondering what your opinion is on girls being allowed to join the boyscouts??? Afterall, it's tradition that the boyscouts is for boys. :rollside:

RVRKID
11-17-2006, 08:24 AM
you don't know me from adam
Who the hell is Adam?? :)