PDA

View Full Version : "Ballistic" is for sale?

Havasu Hangin'
11-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Say it ain't so, JBB!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/74Ballistic_Tow_Rig_2.jpg

BoatFloating
11-14-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm sure it's AS IS..... Running or Not :D

Jbb
11-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Sold!.... :p That boat is so last year..... :rolleyes:

BoatFloating
11-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Sold!.... :p That boat is so last year..... :rolleyes:
So word on the street is a OL Cat is the next toy?????

Jbb
11-15-2006, 07:55 AM
So word on the street is a OL Cat is the next toy?????
I would look at the Miami show..... :p

BoatFloating
11-15-2006, 08:24 AM
I would look at the Miami show..... :p
hmmmmmmm...... will do....;)

Magic34
11-15-2006, 09:22 AM
I'd rather have Ballastic than Danger Zone just becuase the guys on Danger Zone at the poker run were tools. They though they were hard as sh*t running in their rental pontoon. They threw an anchor out at the sandbar that missed my boat by less than a foot and laughed about it. No "sorry" or anything. Just laughs with their bowling shirts on.

Jbb
11-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Danger Zone has been sold also..

Deano
11-15-2006, 09:43 AM
I'd rather have Ballastic than Danger Zone just becuase the guys on Danger Zone at the poker run were tools. They though they were hard as sh*t running in their rental pontoon. They threw an anchor out at the sandbar that missed my boat by less than a foot and laughed about it. No "sorry" or anything. Just laughs with their bowling shirts on.
Haven’t you read the baller status book of eticate? You are allowed to throw your anchor through the hull of any boat that has a value less than 300K.. :crossx:

bignet
11-15-2006, 09:55 AM
I think CaddyShack set that standard....When Rodney Dangerfield dropped anchor on the Judge's boat aka..The Flying Gail. Rodney screamed, "Hey, you scratced my anchor!" Man, I wish a muthaf*cker would drop his anchor near my boat!
:crossx:
bignet

andy01
11-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Where is this listed for sale?

TexasChopper
11-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm not trying to start any static with the owners of any of these boats, but I don't understand why these guys spend so time and money building these boats only to sell them 5-6-8 months later??? Is the need for the shock factor of look what I have now? or is there some reason they DON'T like the boats...do tell won't you?
36' Nor-tech's "Cat-Out-of Hell" , "Perfect Storm" and "Gunslinger" also all for sale. Thought I saw the first MTI "Superman" for sale right after it was built as well as the Mercedes MTI.

Havasu Hangin'
11-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Gonna sell the DCB already? :notam:
I'm not trying to start any static with the owners of any of these boats, but I don't understand why these guys spend so time and money building these boats only to sell them 5-6-8 months later???
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that most of these guys probably don't care about the depreciation hit...

Jbb
11-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Gonna sell the DCB already? :notam:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that most of these guys probably don't care about the depreciation hit...
:D :D

Chipster27
11-15-2006, 10:11 AM
...but I don't understand why these guys spend so time and money building these boats only to sell them 5-6-8 months later???
I'm guessing rich boys and their toys...If I had that kind of coin I'd probably do the same thing. There might be some tax advantage to it too. Also, I'm guessing they run them pretty hard. When I was racing karts the pros would keep a kart for 3-6 races then get a new one. The pros could tell the frames were fatigued and I'm guessing it might be the same thing with these boats. The average Joe wouldn't know the difference so it was a great opportunity for someone to pick up a solid kart for the fraction of the price.

Havasu Hangin'
11-15-2006, 10:18 AM
The pros could tell the frames were fatigued and I'm guessing it might be the same thing with these boats. The average Joe wouldn't know the difference so it was a great opportunity for someone to pick up a solid kart for the fraction of the price.
I'm not sure fatigue would be a factor in the high-end boats. I was looking closely at Predator last year (an older Skater that has not been babied)...not a stress crack on that bad boy.

TOBTEK
11-15-2006, 10:50 AM
YA see in the add that they state $100,000.00 paint job..... wow, that REAL baller statis. To drop 100 large in paint alone. Andy should stop jacking with these little 26' toys, and make the final step :)

Caribbean Jet
11-15-2006, 11:17 AM
I'd do it if they throw the truck in...

spectras only
11-15-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure fatigue would be a factor in the high-end boats. I was looking closely at Predator last year (an older Skater that has not been babied)...not a stress crack on that bad boy.
Those baller boats are painted . Paint is much more forgiving to flexing than gelcoat ,that's 20-25 micron thick .

TexasChopper
11-15-2006, 01:16 PM
even taking the "i could care less" approach of the depreciation... if anyone saw the article in EB magazine they did on Ballistic, that guy spent so much time having that boat built, i would think that would account for something.
i have yet to see this ad where can it be found?

Jbb
11-15-2006, 01:19 PM
I'd do it if they throw the truck in...
Truck trailer and Boat ...were all sold together.....and 100k.....lol...is a rather conservative estimate on the paint...

Chromegorilla
11-15-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm not trying to start any static with the owners of any of these boats, but I don't understand why these guys spend so time and money building these boats only to sell them 5-6-8 months later??? Is the need for the shock factor of look what I have now? or is there some reason they DON'T like the boats...do tell won't you?
36' Nor-tech's "Cat-Out-of Hell" , "Perfect Storm" and "Gunslinger" also all for sale. Thought I saw the first MTI "Superman" for sale right after it was built as well as the Mercedes MTI.
Simple..... because they can. If I could afford a new ride every season I would.....
Don't hate. :)

Chromegorilla
11-15-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm guessing rich boys and their toys...If I had that kind of coin I'd probably do the same thing. There might be some tax advantage to it too. Also, I'm guessing they run them pretty hard. When I was racing karts the pros would keep a kart for 3-6 races then get a new one. The pros could tell the frames were fatigued and I'm guessing it might be the same thing with these boats. The average Joe wouldn't know the difference so it was a great opportunity for someone to pick up a solid kart for the fraction of the price.
Fatigue..... highly doubt it.... not on that level of boat. A west coast boat maybe...... :crossx: :) :rollside: :crossx: but not the premiere builders.... Skater, OL.....

TexasChopper
11-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Simple..... because they can. If I could afford a new ride every season I would.....
Don't hate. :)
oh believe me I'm not "hating" on anyone.... more power to them if that is what they want to do, does not bother me one bit, but it's like blowing a bunch of time at the strip club trying to get "Barbi" to the motel ho tel only to ride her once, when now you have her and you can keeping riding her over and over and over and over and over and over again, but instead you take her out for a spin and cut her loose. my point is simply all the energy they put into building these things for a such a short period of enjoyment. I would guess the boat, the truck, and those highly engineered motors had to have taken a least a year before it hit the water.

squirt'nmyload
11-15-2006, 06:34 PM
oh believe me I'm not "hating" on anyone.... more power to them if that is what they want to do, does not bother me one bit, but it's like blowing a bunch of time at the strip club trying to get "Barbi" to the motel ho tel only to ride her once, when now you have her and you can keeping riding her over and over and over and over and over and over again, but instead you take her out for a spin and cut her loose. my point is simply all the energy they put into building these things for a such a short period of enjoyment. I would guess the boat, the truck, and those highly engineered motors had to have taken a least a year before it hit the water.
maybe they get off on the build process. when its done they use it for a bit then start over again

C-2
11-15-2006, 07:04 PM
They got scared, lots of them (seriously).

Jbb
11-15-2006, 07:26 PM
...lol....The sale of that boat.....and the purchase of it's replacements ....have absolutely nothing to do with being scared... :p
He has built a New boat every year since 2002.....He can afford it and It is what he likes to do...

Havasu Hangin'
11-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Probably scared that he would actually go a year without dropping a million on another boat? :cry:

C-2
...lol....The sale of that boat.....and the purchase of it's replacements ....have absolutely nothing to do with being scared... :p
He has built a New boat every year since 2002.....He can afford it and It is what he likes to do...
When I said "they", I meant many of the guys who have bought these rockets but have no business driving them.
Guess I should have said that, huhhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132smashfreak.gif
Sorry, carry on.....

mbrown2
maybe they get off on the build process. when its done they use it for a bit then start over again
I tend to agree with this theory....
Each year manufactures, engine builders, associated technology and paint schemes all progress....and I bet as soon as the baller is done with boat they are already talking to builders and start thinking of what they will do with the next one.....I can totally sympathize with this level of excitement and appreciation....just can't afford it in my case :)

Jbb
11-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Probably scared that he would actually go a year without dropping a million on another boat? :cry:
:p

squirt'nmyload
11-15-2006, 08:00 PM
I can totally sympathize with this level of excitement and appreciation....just can't afford it in my case :)
exactly

boatnam2
11-15-2006, 08:01 PM
i was wandering when you where going to put in a offer!

YeLLowBoaT
11-15-2006, 08:22 PM
i'll give them $20 bucks.

phebus
11-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Are you talking about the Ballistic people, or Tobtek? :confused:

riverroyal
11-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Are you talking about the Ballistic people, or Tobtek? :confused:
hot tonight

Liquid Courage
11-15-2006, 09:42 PM
From what I've heard the boat never ran "proper" with the Sterlings in it (they wanted to run 200+) After breaking in Havasu they were fed up, asked Randy to buy it back, he did (tow veh. too) and now it is for sale with new power if I"m not mistaken.

Magic34
11-16-2006, 12:16 AM
From what I've heard the boat never ran "proper" with the Sterlings in it (they wanted to run 200+) After breaking in Havasu they were fed up, asked Randy to buy it back, he did (tow veh. too) and now it is for sale with new power if I"m not mistaken.
Wonder what they did with their matching bowling shirts?

Jbb
11-16-2006, 01:52 AM
Boat never had Sterlings in it..

Liquid Courage
11-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Boat never had Sterlings in it..
My bad....but the rest is correct. Either way, they believed it was the boat that could not reach the speed. However, I heard there were some issues with the mechanic trying to get a little too much out of the motors to reach the century 2nd power mark. Basically, Randy had no problems buying the boat back. He'll make money AGAIN off of selling it a second time.

Jbb
11-16-2006, 08:46 AM
My bad....but the rest is correct.
Incorrect....the engines ran quite..."proper" :p

Liquid Courage
11-16-2006, 08:48 AM
Incorrect....the engines ran quite..."proper" :p
Yea, it ran GREAT at the havasu run!

Jbb
11-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Yea, it ran GREAT at the havasu run!
You obviously know the whole story.... :D

Phat Cat
11-16-2006, 09:11 AM
I bet he ran out of money and was scared of the boat, so he went and bought an Outerlimits :idea:

Havasu Hangin'
11-16-2006, 09:22 AM
I bet he ran out of money and was scared of the boat, so he went and bought an Outerlimits :idea:
I think he's scared to change his screeenname every year. :notam:

Chromegorilla
11-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah you cheap bastard.... :crossx: :rolleyes:
Can't wait to see the new ride next June @ JFFPR.....errrr Jax River Rally.....errr whatever it's called..... :) ;)