PDA

View Full Version : Swear words and God

Cas
11-16-2006, 08:51 AM
The censorship of words on message boards got me thinking a bit. Over the years I've seen and heard many people that are very religious and/or against swearing do so themselves.
For instance, my Mom, who is a very much Catholic would never swear or use the Lord's name in vain....that is until I was about 17 years old
Yep, 17 years old and I had never heard my Mom say even the slightest of swear words. I guess I must have pushed her to the point for her to say sh*t. I was absolutely shocked and knew right away that she was really really mad at me. Hey, I was 17 and knew evrything about everything. I'm guessing most all of you were the same.
And then there were the people that said they didn't believe in God but yet when something was going wrong in their lives, they'd turn to God or Jesus right away. You know, the guy that will hurt themselves and say "Jesus Christ, that hurt like a MF'r!!"
so, how many of you out there aren't religious yet you've asked for God's help at some point in your life?

HCS
11-16-2006, 09:44 AM
I am religious an never pray for God or Jesus help.
I pray for the lord to help people help themselves.

roostwear
11-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Not God related, but about swearing. I was watching "Breaking Bonaduce" (excellent train wreck show), and he's eating with his 5 year old, and the kid starts screaming "bastard, bastard, bastard". Danny though it was amusing, and it was obvious the kid normally speaks like this. Now, do you think this (or any other child raised like this) will have any appreciation for culture, others, or society in general? I can't help but think that a parent with retarded social skills like this isn't raising a credit to humanity. Just another bottom feeder on the social ladder.
My .02

Cas
11-16-2006, 10:05 AM
I can't help but think that a parent with retarded social skills like this isn't raising a credit to humanity. Just another bottom feeder on the social ladder.
My .02
agreed!

HCS
11-16-2006, 10:09 AM
I'd kick my kids ass if the little shit talk like that.

Her454
11-16-2006, 10:23 AM
I'd kick my kids ass if the little shit talk like that.
LOL, wasn't it your little one that told the Pre-school teacher something not so nice a few years ago? :rollside:

HCS
11-16-2006, 11:21 AM
LOL, wasn't it your little one that told the Pre-school teacher something not so nice a few years ago? :rollside:
Ya, he went through that cussing spell when he was 6.
He's straightened out for now. :rolleyes:

ratso
11-16-2006, 11:40 AM
There was a "non-believer" that had to drive by "The House of God" every day on his way to work. Each day he would pull up to the stop sign by the church and his wheels would pop off of his car... Every time, at the top of his lungs he would yell "Goddamnit!" Every day, the preacher would be out on the front lawn and say "No my son, it's Praise The Lord". This went on for weeks until one morning he rolled up to the stop sign, wheels fell off, he scratched his chin as he thought about what the preacher said, and in a slow drawl he said "Praise The Lord!!!" At that precise moment, the car lurched back up in the air, the wheels popped back on... and the preacher said "Goddamnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!"