PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Fraud

OutCole'd
11-17-2006, 08:40 PM
So we get a relay call at the office, (the kind a deaf person would use), the customer wants to order some hardwood flooring, and wants us to reply via email. No problem, we put together a quote for the customer for about $7,500 and send it via email. Customer respondes she likes it, and wants to go forward with the order.
I ask for credit card info, including all info we need to go forward. She responds with everything including two card numbers, she wants the total split onto two cards. Also, to send info about size & weight so she can have a freight company pick up product. Customer is in midwest, and I'm in Vegas. Still no big deal, we have done many internet orders, never with a fraud problem.
This one still seems weird to me, to many odd details, relay call, large sale, out of state, two credit cards, etc.
So, I call my Merchant services company, and sure enough, we go through all the info, and no numbers are matching up. Both different credit card company's recommend we do not go forward with sale due to fraud.
Sad deal is I could have punched in the numbers and all would have went through, freight company would have picked up material. 4-6 weekes down the road, charges would have been contested, and I would have been debited $7,500.00 :mad: :mad:
All just for trying to make an honest buck. I hate friggen thieves. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Todd969
11-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Next time you are out can we discuss bathroom cabinets? Seriously.

riverroyal
11-17-2006, 08:43 PM
I just pulled the carpet up and prepped the floor.

OutCole'd
11-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Next time you are out can we discuss bathroom cabinets? Seriously.
I do the vanities that are on my site, but don't do any cabinetry.
And, I'm not going into any bathrooms with you. :cool: :)

Todd969
11-17-2006, 08:44 PM
I do the vanities that are on my site, but don't do any cabinetry.
And, I'm not going into any bathrooms with you. :cool: :)
Your loss, Dana saw what I was reading and asked me to ask.

wsuwrhr
11-17-2006, 09:06 PM
and I would have been debited $7,500.00 :mad: :mad:
...and all with NO WAY to get any of it back.
Good catch.

BrendellaJet
11-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Credit card companies dont give a damn about the merchant. Its all about the customer.
A couple of years ago I had a customer order 40k in obsolete cell phones, new in OEM packaging. We were already very careful with credit cards...PO with his business name,bank & trade references, Good D&B,digital photo of his personal card, front & back, pic of his license, complete trail of emails and a valid verbal authorization from Amex. 4 weeks after delivery he calls to contest the charges. Amex took their money back and left us holding an empty bag. No way to fight it. Phuck Amex.

PaPaG
11-18-2006, 12:26 AM
So we get a relay call at the office, (the kind a deaf person would use), the customer wants to order some hardwood flooring, and wants us to reply via email. No problem, we put together a quote for the customer for about $7,500 and send it via email. Customer respondes she likes it, and wants to go forward with the order.
I ask for credit card info, including all info we need to go forward. She responds with everything including two card numbers, she wants the total split onto two cards. Also, to send info about size & weight so she can have a freight company pick up product. Customer is in midwest, and I'm in Vegas. Still no big deal, we have done many internet orders, never with a fraud problem.
This one still seems weird to me, to many odd details, relay call, large sale, out of state, two credit cards, etc.
So, I call my Merchant services company, and sure enough, we go through all the info, and no numbers are matching up. Both different credit card company's recommend we do not go forward with sale due to fraud.
Sad deal is I could have punched in the numbers and all would have went through, freight company would have picked up material. 4-6 weekes down the road, charges would have been contested, and I would have been debited $7,500.00 :mad: :mad:
All just for trying to make an honest buck. I hate friggen thieves. :mad: :mad: :mad:
That does suck big time, as you know I hate thieves to, It is a shame that there are so many people out there not willing to work an honest day in their life...trust me I deal with them every single day....I am glad you did not get taken...

OutCole'd
11-20-2006, 12:27 PM
...and all with NO WAY to get any of it back.
Good catch.
Yep, thats the part that really sucks!