PDA

View Full Version : So I got a speeding ticket - what an asshole!

superdave013
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
That's right, what an asshole! The asshole would be me for getting popped doing 89 in a 65. I hate it when I dip under 90! :mad: lol
The CHP guy was pretty cool really and just wrote me for over 65.
First ticket in over 10 years and I was way over due. So what's the hot tip for traffic school these days?

Mrs.Racer277
11-21-2006, 03:21 PM
That's right, what an asshole! The asshole would be me for getting popped doing 89 in a 65. I hate it when I dip under 90! :mad: lol
First ticket in over 10 years and I was way over due. So what's the hot tip for traffic school these days?
If you can do it on line that is the way to go.
I think the one I just used was called webtrafficschool.com

squirt'nmyload
11-21-2006, 03:23 PM
i recently got one goin 80 in a 65.........$158 ticket or $100 and change for traffic school........i just payed the ticket since my time is worth more...points on license, whatever, i had none so a couple won't hurt. i had them before and my insurance rates never changed

spectras only
11-21-2006, 03:23 PM
So what's the hot tip for traffic school these days?
get two more tickets , that will get you in quicker :rollside:

OCMerrill
11-21-2006, 03:25 PM
In OC you gets to go where the court tells you. No on-line course or comedy schools any more in OC.
How do I know...lets see 70 in a 45. He wrote me for 59. What a nice motor cop he was. I 100% deserved it.

phebus
11-21-2006, 03:25 PM
You should kick your own ass for that. :mad:

superdave013
11-21-2006, 03:27 PM
If you can do it on line that is the way to go.
I think the one I just used was called webtrafficschool.com
Oh I like, I like.
Spectras Only, at this pace it will take me 20 years to get 2 more tickets. ;)

spectras only
11-21-2006, 03:33 PM
When I bought my Challenger [ orange ] in 72 , used to get a ticket every 3-4 months . The cops were just looking for these . After I paint it dark blue , no more hassles . BTW what's the colour of your vehicle :idea: :D

Bense468
11-21-2006, 03:34 PM
I went to one of the web traffic schools and it took me 20 minutes and I was done. Do a search on here dave, I know its been talked about several times.

Devil's Advocate
11-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Quit your bitchen and slow the fock down. :220v: :crossx:

superdave013
11-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Quit your bitchen and slow the fock down. :220v: :crossx:
not bitchen, well.... yeah I'm pretty bitchen but that's not the point. :D
Thanks for the tips on the web schools. I got it up by Santa Barbara on the 101. I'll check to see if they will let me do the web deal.

roostwear
11-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Friggin' speed demon......http://www.roostwear.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_burnout.gif

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Go speed racer :crossx: :crossx:

ChumpChange
11-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Got pulled over going 95 on the 40 freeway last month. CHP gave me a ticket for not having my adress updated on my license. Nice guy.

RiverRatMike
11-21-2006, 04:13 PM
and a radar detector could have saved you!

zipper
11-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Sure hope you don't a commercial license.15mph over the posted
speed limit in any vehicle is a 6 month suspention.Traffic school
isn't a option no matter how many point's you have or when you
got them. :cry: :mad:

3 daytona`s
11-21-2006, 04:29 PM
i recently got one goin 80 in a 65.........$158 ticket or $100 and change for traffic school........i just payed the ticket since my time is worth more...points on license, whatever, i had none so a couple won't hurt. i had them before and my insurance rates never changed
Brian,on the floor laughing your prescious time.The time you spend posting you could do school two times in a row and be a head of the game :rollside:

Tom Brown
11-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Where the hell is Her454 when we need an expert?

superdave013
11-21-2006, 04:38 PM
and a radar detector could have saved you!
You got that right!

SummitKarl
11-21-2006, 04:40 PM
you should have just told him you were out testing new product and handed him your card :idea:
BTW..what info do I need to get you to make the (2) small lines for my versaille rear end

squirt'nmyload
11-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Brian,on the floor laughing your prescious time.The time you spend posting you could do school two times in a row and be a head of the game :rollside:
lmao....traffic school was on a saturday.....f that, i'm at the lake!!!!!!

superdave013
11-21-2006, 04:44 PM
you should have just told him you were out testing new product and handed him your card :idea:
BTW..what info do I need to get you to make the (2) small lines for my versaille rear end
make, model and year will prolly do it. Worst case I'll need to see a sample. But shoot me that info and I'll look it up and see if all the info is there.
If it's not stock then you will need to tell me what ends you want and how long to make them.

RiverRatMike
11-21-2006, 04:47 PM
You got that right!
I've had mine for over a year now and it's been the best thing I've bought in a long time. Alot of people don't believe in radar detectors but I swear this thing has saved me numberous times

Kindsvater Flat
11-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Maybe you and Her454 can take the class together :D :D :D :D

MudPumper
11-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Glad you had a good experience Dave. Online traffic school is the way to go. Also, if you are up near the Santa Barbara area again, the Chippies up there usually set their stop limit around 82-84mph. This means they don't stop anybody going under that speed because the entire flow of traffic is that fast up there on the highway. This isn't to say you won't get a ticket for going 80 but chances are you won't. And if you do get stopped, be friendly, smile, and have a great attitude because you are the one who decides if you get a ticket and how much they will write you for. :rollside:

SummitKarl
11-21-2006, 07:24 PM
make, model and year will prolly do it. Worst case I'll need to see a sample. But shoot me that info and I'll look it up and see if all the info is there.
If it's not stock then you will need to tell me what ends you want and how long to make them.
77, Lincoln Versaille, V8 with 9" rear end and rear disk brakes

lawbreaker2
11-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Man your guys cop are so nice out there, Our state troopers are like robots and talk like one to, they don't care about your story, just sign on the bottom line. :rolleyes: I still have a few to get rid of.

superdave013
11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Man your guys cop are so nice out there, Our state troopers are like robots and talk like one to, they don't care about your story, just sign on the bottom line. :rolleyes: I still have a few to get rid of.
you got that right. I'm from Indiana so I know about the mid west troopers. They are very by the book. Could you imagin blowing past a State Trooper with a radar gun at 80MPH in a 65 and him not coming after you? I belive Mudpumper on that one too.
But our local cops make up for it big time. The don't take any shit of any kind what so ever. And they can't really seeing as they deal with scum bag gangsters all the time. But that's no worries unless you are asking for it.
About the only laws I break these days is speeding and poaching illegal trails on my mountain bike. lol Wanna hear something funny about that? Another forum member was the park ranger in that area. That focker planted a bunch of catcus and cost me 90.00 bucks for 2 downhill tires. lol I guess we all pay some way. :rollside:

a catered life
11-22-2006, 08:33 AM
do it online its quicker, easier, faster, cheaper

Ultracrazy
11-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Boy..........some one who "maned" up to a mistake......nicely done. :p

Her454
11-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Where the hell is Her454 when we need an expert?
.............In jail for her last ticket. :crossx:
Maybe you and Her454 can take the class together :D :D :D :D
Please see above.
Good luck Dave.