PDA

View Full Version : Are Real Estate Agents In Trouble?

No Name
11-22-2006, 10:27 AM
I took my home off the market last week because I donÂ’t want to deal with it over the Holidays. Since then I have had over fifty calls ( NO BS ) from realtors asking if IÂ’m interviewing new agents to sell my home. You can almost hear the desperation in their voices. I keep looking for the RE/MAX helicopter to show up over my house......lol. :rollside:

Cole Trickle
11-22-2006, 10:29 AM
I took my home off the market last week because I donÂ’t want to deal with it over the Holidays. Since then I have had over fifty calls ( NO BS ) from realtors asking if IÂ’m interviewing new agents to sell my home. You can almost hear the desperation in their voices. I keep looking for the RE/MAX helicopter to show up over my house......lol. :rollside:
It was the same a year ago when the Market was good.(We took it off for 1 day and I got over 50 calls)
Agents that don't have a pipeline or refferals are sharks!!
That is not an indication of the market.

Kachina26
11-22-2006, 10:31 AM
I thought RE/Max had a balloon :confused:

No Name
11-22-2006, 10:33 AM
I thought RE/Max had a balloon :confused:
Great, that will be even easier to shoot out of the sky. :D :D

HOSS
11-22-2006, 10:35 AM
They do,,its got a big ace hole in it. Repairs are expected to take at least 8 years. Chinese market is better. They can make one for them and sell it for alot less. Remax apparently listenned and has since started a major marketing campaing on that side of the planet.

PBOCOP
11-22-2006, 10:36 AM
It's a tough profession that's for sure. I know several people that got into the field in the prime thinking it was such an easy buck. It's alot tougher job than I originally thought, however, most of the people I know that got into it are not out of it. It's not all that easy.
That's funny people call when a listing it taken off. Pretty sad. Also amazing how easy it is for people that have made a name for themselves over the years. Shit just falls into their laps. A guy I went to high school has to sell $50 mill in homes a year at least. It's sick.

No Name
11-22-2006, 10:38 AM
More like leaches, they started in with the calls at 7:45 this morning and havenÂ’t stopped. I wish they would let a person wake up and have their coffee first. :mad:

Dan Lorenze
11-22-2006, 10:39 AM
I think the younger/newer agents might not be used to the peaks and valleys of the market.. For the older/wiser agents this is just part of it.

TOBTEK
11-22-2006, 10:41 AM
It was the same a year ago when the Market was good.(We took it off for 1 day and I got over 50 calls)
That is not an indication of the market.
WHY'S THAT ? Cause some agents want to earn your business? I personaly would rather have a hungry GO GETTER calling, than some old timer thats an order taker.... cant blame someone trying to better BOTH parties..... GEZZZZZZZ :)

HOSS
11-22-2006, 10:41 AM
ever took a dump in a brown paper bag and lit it on fire on someone`s doorstep?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-22-2006, 10:45 AM
That is completely normal to get millions of calls after you cancel. Right now we are looking for first of the year business. Trust me those RE/MAX agents are aggressive!!!! Anyways off to Vegas!!! Happy Turkey Day!
Your friendly neighborhood Re/max agent :rollside:

Cole Trickle
11-22-2006, 10:51 AM
WHY'S THAT ? Cause some agents want to earn your business? I personaly would rather have a hungry GO GETTER calling, than some old timer thats an order taker.... cant blame someone trying to better BOTH parties..... GEZZZZZZZ :)
Shark is not a bad name...an ambulance chaser is;)
Personally I want to choose my agent, I don't know who these random cold callers are that are dialing my number. Alot of the agents that called threw out blanket guarantees and bashed my current agent without knowing the situation.(I never asked them to call)
My agent was much much more than an order taker...he sold my house for what I wanted and never once tried to pressure me into lowering my price.In fact he did some things to make sure the deal wen't through that most agents would not have done.
Ivan Dan was my Agent :)

TOBTEK
11-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Personally I want to choose my agent, I don't know who these random cold callers are that are dialing my number. Alot of the agents that called threw out blanket guarantees and bashed my current agent without knowing the situation.(I never asked them to call)
My agent was much much more than an order taker...he sold my house for what I wanted and never once tried to pressure me into lowering my price.In fact he did some things to make sure the deal wen't through that most agents would not have done.
can't go wrong with IVAN DAN!

No Name
11-22-2006, 10:56 AM
cant blame someone trying to better BOTH parties..... GEZZZZZZZ :)
Better both parties? ThatÂ’s a laugh. I had my house sold about six weeks ago but the buyer wanted my washer & dryer, refrigerator and pool table to close the deal. My realtor had the balls to tell me that I could just buy another pool table for 500.00. I told him that it would cost just a pinch more than 500.00 to replaceÂ…lol. I also told him if it was only 500.00 then why donÂ’t you and the other agent buy him one with the 30,000.00 in commission fees. He just looked at me like I was crazy.

Cole Trickle
11-22-2006, 10:58 AM
can't go wrong with IVAN DAN!
He's O.K. :crossx:
Next time I am gonna go with a really hot chick that can barely spell realestate;) :p

Ivan Dan
11-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks B...appreciate the kind words!

Ivan Dan
11-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Better both parties? ThatÂ’s a laugh. I had my house sold about six weeks ago but the buyer wanted my washer & dryer, refrigerator and pool table to close the deal. My realtor had the balls to tell me that I could just buy another pool table for 500.00. I told him that it would cost just a pinch more than 500.00 to replaceÂ…lol. I also told him if it was only 500.00 then why donÂ’t you and the other agent buy him one with the 30,000.00 in commission fees. He just looked at me like I was crazy.
You just have the wrong agent...Any good agent would NEVER let a deal fall apart over a washer/dryer and pool table. Time to do some interviewing and find an agent that fits your needs better.

No Name
11-22-2006, 11:03 AM
You just have the wrong agent...Any good agent would NEVER let a deal fall apart over a washer/dryer and pool table. Time to do some interviewing and find an agent that fits your needs better.
Or sell it myself for 30,000.00 to 40,000.00 less. :D :D

Ivan Dan
11-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Ahhhh I wouldn't do that....too much liability and its a lot more work than most people think. I can't tell you how many FSBO's I've listed/sold over the years that the sellers were completely overwhelmed and relieved when I took over and sold the property for them.
Just find the right agent that will treat you right and look out for your best interests as well as get you the most possible for your home.

Cole Trickle
11-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Ahhhh I wouldn't do that....too much liability and its a lot more work than most people think. I can't tell you how many FSBO's I've listed/sold over the years that the sellers were completely overwhelmed and relieved when I took over and sold the property for them.
Just find the right agent that will treat you right and look out for your best interests as well as get you the most possible for your home.
Thats just crafty agent talk;)
It's easy to sell your own house for top dollar in the current marketplace!!! :crossx: :p :cry:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Then who does all the work, takes all the liability and headaches. Who gets the deal, the buyer?? Was that your intention??
Trust me there are good agents out there. Luckily all the dumb asses are looking for new jobs right now. :rollside:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-22-2006, 11:13 AM
LOL we were typing at the same time!!!

No Name
11-22-2006, 11:18 AM
I hear ya, I would never try to sell myself.
I will be looking for a new realtor after the first.
Oh shiat, I may have just set myself up for a shait load of pmÂ’s. :D :D

TOBTEK
11-22-2006, 11:24 AM
"IF" these ideas weren't in the original offer, and in the 11th hour before closing....then yes, bad business. WOULD IT HAVE BEEN SOLD AND CLOSED 6 WEEKS AGO? might have been the right move to give them the used washer/dryer and pool table. Have you made payments on the home since then ? and you wouldnt have had to move these items, and could replace them with newer ones.....just a thought.

Ivan Dan
11-22-2006, 11:24 AM
LOL we were typing at the same time!!!
Looks like I might type a touch faster though....HA HA HA How is the market in your hood? It seems to be picking up some out here OC/RIVERSIDE/SB areas. I'm starting to see more "In Escrow and Too Late" riders on signs lately.

Devil's Advocate
11-22-2006, 11:26 AM
The agents found you over here on HB too NN. You can run, but you can't hide. :crossx:

Ivan Dan
11-22-2006, 11:27 AM
"IF" these ideas weren't in the original offer, and in the 11th hour before closing....then yes, bad business. WOULD IT HAVE BEEN SOLD AND CLOSED 6 WEEKS AGO? might have been the right move to give them the used washer/dryer and pool table. Have you made payments on the home since then ? and you wouldnt have had to move these items, and could replace them with newer ones.....just a thought.
The more important ? I would ask is why neither the buyers agent or the listing agent stepped up and offered a little $$ to try and put the deal together. Seems pretty crazy to lose a deal over something so petty.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Looks like I might type a touch faster though....HA HA HA How is the market in your hood? It seems to be picking up some out here OC/RIVERSIDE/SB areas. I'm starting to see more "In Escrow and Too Late" riders on signs lately.
Sold two today! Buyers are still getting great deals!!

TOBTEK
11-22-2006, 11:33 AM
The more important ? I would ask is why neither the buyers agent or the listing agent stepped up and offered a little $$ to try and put the deal together. Seems pretty crazy to lose a deal over something so petty.
yeah NO DOUBT! loss a deal over this...... I WOULDN'T. Shiz....id be buying the dude a new Olhausen, Neptune, and Sub Zero.......close the deal! :)

No Name
11-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Yes it would have sold if the buyerÂ’s loan came thru. And it was the washer dryer, pool table and refrigerator. All under a year old and would have cost me over 5,000.00 to replace. And yes I have made payments since but I would have had to make payments on my new home also. I guess it just pissed me off that my agent was so willing to give my stuff away to close the deal and then have the balls to tell me what I can replace it for.

TOBTEK
11-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Yes it would have sold if the buyerÂ’s loan came thru. And it was the washer dryer, pool table and refrigerator. All under a year old and would have cost me over 5,000.00 to replace. And yes I have made payments since but I would have had to make payments on my new home also. I guess it just pissed me off that my agent was so willing to give my stuff away to close the deal and then have the balls to tell me what I can replace it for.
CAN TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT! like IVAN DAN said, the agents should have got together and made the deal happend. I know, I wouldn't have a done deal fall apart over these items. Would have worked with all parties involved and closed your sale.

al cole'holic
11-22-2006, 12:57 PM
...no :cool:

AirtimeLavey
11-22-2006, 05:46 PM
This is usually the response I get from estute sellers. Besides, who wants a passive realtor who still only uses the tradional methods? Also, statistically, For Sale by Owners are only successful 3% of the time without a realtor's help, and when they are successful, they average selling for 16% less than what a professional realtor could have gotten. You do the math. That's not to say that some people don't have success at it on their own, but odds are against them. Most people usually start out thinking they can do it themselves, then after a month or two of extra mort. payments, or a failed escrow, they usually see the light. There's a reason realtors get paid well.
But to answer the question, I have seen agents leaving the business these past few months. Those are the ones too afraid to be proactive about getting business and serving their clients. Good luck with whomever you decide to go with. :cool: