PDA

View Full Version : Kobe breaks career high...

al cole'holic
01-22-2006, 08:48 PM
...unbelaveyable :)
64 points so far, 6 minutes left :220v:

Kilrtoy
01-22-2006, 09:07 PM
That is because the rest of his team sucks and he is not a team player anyways.....

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 09:08 PM
81 :)

firebadge
01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
when you call for the rock, never give it up, and shoot like a tommy gun, you will score alot of points!!!!!!

OutCole'd
01-22-2006, 09:11 PM
when you call for the rock, never give it up, and shoot like a tommy gun, you will score alot of points!!!!!!
What??
2nd all time NBA record, all time high for the Lakers. The guy is the NBA leading scorer, he deserves the credit.

firebadge
01-22-2006, 09:13 PM
he's a great player. he will never be on a great "TEAM"

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 09:14 PM
What??
2nd all time NBA record, all time high for the Lakers. The guy is the NBA leading scorer, he deserves the credit.
yeah. Most guys DO call for the rock and cannot score that many points. He shot OVER 60% that is accuracy.

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 09:16 PM
What are you talking about? He has always been on a great "TEAM". The Lakers will always have a great team. They are in a rebuilding process right now. They have a few players that are going to be great, they will trade some off and get some better ones, until they get the right chemistry. Also, PJ is the best coach and he is boning the owners daughter who will end up with this team, PJ will stay there.

KineticoH20
01-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Another HATER!

firebadge
01-22-2006, 09:17 PM
60% and 81 points. that's alot of shots!

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 09:17 PM
28/46 so he missed 18, that is not that bad, considering 46 total shots. How many others can do that?

firebadge
01-22-2006, 09:21 PM
how many assists?

KineticoH20
01-22-2006, 09:23 PM
how many assists?
Did you even see the game? The rest of the team was shooting BRICKS thank god for this guy hes friggin unbelievable.

firebadge
01-22-2006, 09:25 PM
you're right. after all, he did carry them to the playoffs last year.

OutCole'd
01-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Did you even see the game? The rest of the team was shooting BRICKS thank god for this guy hes friggin unbelievable.
So true. He can either take the shot and have a great chance of making it and getting the "W", or passing the ball for another brick. Gotta love the haters who cannot give the man any credit.

OutCole'd
01-22-2006, 09:27 PM
you're right. after all, he did carry them to the playoffs last year.
No team with only one great player made the playoffs.

firebadge
01-22-2006, 09:29 PM
thank you.

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 09:32 PM
We may never see this again, in our lifetime. Look how long it took to break it.

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 09:45 PM
They have been interviewing him for about 10 minutes now, he is also very humble.
Lets not forget his other record broke tonight 61 free throws in a row.

Tom Brown
01-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Kobe breaks career high...
He should try to get a job in the oil patch.

KineticoH20
01-22-2006, 09:47 PM
They have been interviewing him for about 10 minutes now, he is also very humble.
Just watched the Kobe interview and only two words come to mind....CLASS ACT!

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Just watched the Kobe interview and only two words come to mind....CLASS ACT!
So true, just a straight up guy.

dmontzsta
01-22-2006, 09:50 PM
The interview just ended, cause his daughter asked him if they could go home and have a bath. :)

KineticoH20
01-22-2006, 09:50 PM
So true, just a straight up guy.
It just boggles me how many people hate this guy.

OutCole'd
01-22-2006, 09:53 PM
See, he took eveyone of those free throw shots by himself without passing the ball once. He is no team player. :D :D

GAME TIME
01-22-2006, 09:57 PM
It just boggles me how many people hate this guy.
They can't stand greatness. Awesome game. Congrats to Kobe. Also, the guy talking about how many assists??? I know he attempted a lot of passes and does every night. It's not his fault the other guys can not make the shots consistantly.

KineticoH20
01-22-2006, 10:00 PM
They can't stand greatness. Awesome game. Congrats to Kobe. Also, the guy talking about how many assists??? I know he attempted a lot of passes and does every night. It's not his fault the other guys can not make the shots consistantly.
Ihaven't missed many Laker games since 1970. Jery west was my idol, but i never seen a better all around player in my life, better than Jordan you bet.

SnoopJonnyJon
01-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Gotta feel sorry for the guy that gave up his tickets to this game. Normally a game against the raptors would suck... but 81 points, that must have been incredible to watch.

mbrown2
01-22-2006, 11:28 PM
I would call a couple rings some great teams...

Hardly Satisfied
01-23-2006, 03:07 AM
congrats kobe

JetBoatRich
01-23-2006, 04:39 AM
He did an awesome job :cool: and the Lakers are lucky they have him to help win games :cool: in a Team Sport

Just Tool'n
01-23-2006, 05:33 AM
I heard on the news this morning about Kobe, Awesome Job!
MY first thought was after hearing the finally score was, what would have been the score without Kobe on the Lakers?

Old Texan
01-23-2006, 05:34 AM
better than Jordan you bet.
Oh, please................... :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-23-2006, 05:40 AM
I dont think kobe will ever be better than jordan! I give him his creditthough, his is a phenominal player. He did break jordans record...

MayDaze
01-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Never be on a great "TEAM"? If I remember right I believe A Laker "TEAM" won a few championships in a row?

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 07:15 AM
I was the biggest Jordan fan. But, I think Kobe is starting to show him up. Lets just take a second to look at career highs.
http://www.thebusinesspartners.com/images/comparison.JPG
Now if we got into averages, I am sure it is close. You simply cannot put the spotlight on Kobe and take away what Jordan has done. But, Kobe still has a good 10 years in him and to be this close to Jordan is a good start. Also, the players of the league are constantly getting better.

Beer Factor
01-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Kobe- Light it up!

Tyson Ross
01-23-2006, 07:34 AM
IMO, Kobe got exactly what he wanted. Limelight, leading scorer in league. To do that, be on a crappy team with no other star, just like Jordan in the late eighties.
Sad thing is he probably loves it even though he has no chance to win a title.

Cole Trickle
01-23-2006, 08:43 AM
IMO, Kobe got exactly what he wanted. Limelight, leading scorer in league. To do that, be on a crappy team with no other star, just like Jordan in the late eighties.
Sad thing is he probably loves it even though he has no chance to win a title.
It cracks me up when Kobe get's bashed for not being a team player and that all he wants is the scoring title.
I remember watching a game a couple days ago where he got them to a 5 point lead with 35 seconds on the clock.The Team forgot how to play defense and Lamar Odom took a couple terrible shots.If he would have played 1 on 5 that night they would have had a better chance of winning.

Ducatista
01-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Holy Bjesus! Thank God I caught the second half on TV. Compairing great basketball players like Kobe & Jordan is ridiculous, they are both awesome in their own regards. I guess firebadge missed the 2000 to 2002 NBA seasons, with Kobe as the #2 gun on some pretty darn good teams. :rolleyes:

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Plus, they won the game. They were down by 14 to the Raptors at half, how pathetic is that? and Kobe shot them back in it to win by 18. If he dropped 81 and they lost, then say shit, but they are winning games.

totenhosen
01-23-2006, 10:13 AM
F all you people that hate Kobe! How can you hate him for his skills as a basketball player (personal life aside that is between him and his wife)? You must not really understand the game of basketball if you don't call him a team player.
The guy is young he can easily surpass Jordan's greatness.
And whoever said that no team as ever made the playoffs with one great player needs to stick to the boating threads.

AirtimeLavey
01-23-2006, 10:25 AM
F all you people that hate Kobe! How can you hate him for his skills as a basketball player (personal life aside that is between him and his wife)? You must not really understand the game of basketball if you don't call him a team player.
The guy is young he can easily surpass Jordan's greatness.
And whoever said that no team as ever made the playoffs with one great player needs to stick to the boating threads.
Exactly!!! These are the same guys who didn't see Shaq all outta shape, missing free-throws, ALWAYS saying "Git me da ball...git me da ball..." I mean come-on, coaches still have to sit him down for the last 2 minutes of every close game. Not Kobe. Buss did the right thing.
Kobe haters are funny when they try to blame him for everything, and give credit for nothing - very amusing. The guy just quietly keeps working hard and playing hard. Most exciting guy to watch in the NBA. How many lay-ups did LO miss, again last night? The rest of the team just doesn't have the heart. Last night, he did what had to be done, after the team was sucking, and the fans started booing. That's the mark of a great player...one who can dig deep and turn it around. M..V..P.....M..V..P..

Big Warlock
01-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Kobe is a awesome player........just don't make him out to be a family man ok???? He is only human! Plenty of guys would have done what he did.
Is he as good or better than Jordan? That is a tough one. But those stats were eye opening. He certainly is on his way. And he has the moves and such to make it. He is still young and has a long way to go in the NBA.
Congrats Kobe! It doesn't matter how you get there, a win is a win!
:cool:
Now be like Rodman and buy a boat!!!!! LOL

totenhosen
01-23-2006, 10:48 AM
...to add (taken from another forum)
Kobe scores 62 and sits out the final quarter in a blowout and people b!tch about him not going for glory
Kobe stays in to finish the job and scores 81 and people b!tch about him "rubbing it in"
You can't have it both ways. You don't like Kobe? fine, don't like him, talk smack, be a hater.
But what he did last night was one of the most incredible things I have ever seen on a basketball court and one must give credit where it is due.

Tyson Ross
01-23-2006, 11:35 AM
I am not saying his not a very good player. When you are winning titles why screw that up? Kobe got his way, Shaq is gone. Now he has very slim chance of winning anything. Of course his stats are up as he is the team. I used to be huge Laker fan, now I feel like that organization relocated to Miami thanks to Buss.
Good player + bad team= Scoring titles and limelight, first round exit.
Good player + good team= Less points, less limelight, Championships
I would think Shaq would still be in LA if Kobe prefered winning. He has won it all and now he wants it all, IMO.
Imagine Magic's #'s if he was on this Lakers team.

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I am not saying his not a very good player. When you are winning titles why screw that up? Kobe got his way, Shaq is gone. Now he has very slim chance of winning anything. Of course his stats are up as he is the team. I used to be huge Laker fan, now I feel like that organization relocated to Miami thanks to Buss.
Magic would have had incredible numbers if he was on a crappy team.
As soon as people stop listening to the media, things will be good. It was NOT Kobes decision for Shaq to "be gone". The Lakers could not afford two high paid players, what team can? Shaq was demanding an insane amount of money, so Buss had to choose. He made the smart move for his franchise. Kobe is still young and Shaq is just about done. Shaq is averaging around 14pts? and sitting alot. Kobe just scored 81 and is average 34ppg.

*BN*
01-23-2006, 11:51 AM
It is funny how peeps dislike Kobe as a player (I understand as person he might be unfavorable).
If Jordan had done what Kobe did last night it would whooo Ahhh whooo ahhh. But no they say it is because Kobe is not a team player. Well look at Jordan's championship teams, he led the league in scoring those years right about where Kobe's number is. I guess all the Chicago teams sucked too.
And I'm a Laker fan and not much a Kobe fan because he has the personality of a STUMP! But as player you can not knock his abilty and talent.

Tyson Ross
01-23-2006, 12:13 PM
No, the league was watered down when Jordan won his!!! :argue: :)

totenhosen
01-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Good player + bad team= Scoring titles and limelight, first round exit.
Good player + good team= Less points, less limelight, Championships
I would think Shaq would still be in LA if Kobe prefered winning. He has won it all and now he wants it all, IMO.
Imagine Magic's #'s if he was on this Lakers team.
When are you guys going to realize it wasn't Kobe's decision and that Shaq is just as much at fault as Buss for no longer being on the Lakers?
Yeah Magic wouldn't average crap for assists because they would all miss their shots.

KineticoH20
01-23-2006, 12:34 PM
When are you guys going to realize it wasn't Kobe's decision and that Shaq is just as much at fault as Buss for no longer being on the Lakers?
Yeah Magic wouldn't average crap for assists because they would all miss their shots.
I find it funny how people don't remember the past ie.... Shaq was offered a 3 yr extention for 90mil yes 90 mil which he turned down why you ask because it wasn't the max deal and he found it insulting, that is a fact! was that a team player, or someone looking to win championships NO! So Dr Buss did what he had to trade the over paid fat oaf. Kobe had absolutley nothing to do with that decision. We took a salary cap hit and thats what you are seeing now a sub-par Laker team. But come next year when our cap numbers come down you will see the front office make the right moves. The only person who wants to win as much as Kobe is Dr Buss. And if you think it is easy to rebuild on the fly think again my friend. Just look at the Celtics still sucking as well as the Knicks, Rockets and they have 2 allstars.The bottom line is with a trade or two and a maturing Bynum the Lakers will be a top notch team for years to come.

Tremor Therapy
01-23-2006, 12:42 PM
I have been a Lakers fan since I could walk, and my idol remains Jerry West. Kobe's night was incredible! One of the most spectacular individual efforts ever seen on a basketball court!
But as good as Jordan? I'll wait and see what the next 10 years has to bring. The league wasn't watered down during Jordan's era, anyone remember the Laker, Piston and Celtic teams of that era? Not to mention the Portland, Houston, and Knick teams! And to those of you who can even remember his Bulls teams, they were not star studded either. Can any of you remember the star studded line up during his runs beside Scotty Pippen? Who was his center, point guard, or power forward? I give Jordan the nod at this time, because he did it with role players on seperate occassions, one after taking some time off to play baseball for gods sake!

Old Texan
01-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Ya'll can have Kobe. I'll stick with the Detroit Pistons. :rollside:
Nobody on the Pistons will score 81, but they'll be playing basketball well into the summer and most likely be bringing home a big Championship trophy.
Kobe's a great player but without a team around him he better be happy with scoring titles.
I've been following the NBA since the '60s. I have seen the greatest players and the greatest teams. None won anything w/o a core of 7-8 solid players and a solid coach.
The Lakers have 1 star, 1 great coach, and 1 great owner. This won't get you to the playoffs much less a title.
81 points against the 4th worse team in the NBA is nothing but entertainment.
The Lakers in LA had 3 eras of great championship teams. The current team couldn't carry their predecessors jocks. (Of course Kobe is part of one of the 3 eras and shouldn't be judged by his current predicament).

Jyruiz
01-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I have been a Lakers fan since I could walk, and my idol remains Jerry West. Kobe's night was incredible! One of the most spectacular individual efforts ever seen on a basketball court!
But as good as Jordan? I'll wait and see what the next 10 years has to bring. The league wasn't watered down during Jordan's era, anyone remember the Laker, Piston and Celtic teams of that era? Not to mention the Portland, Houston, and Knick teams! And to those of you who can even remember his Bulls teams, they were not star studded either. Can any of you remember the star studded line up during his runs beside Scotty Pippen? Who was his center, point guard, or power forward? I give Jordan the nod at this time, because he did it with role players on seperate occassions, one after taking some time off to play baseball for gods sake!
I will wait till Kobes career is over as well, but Jordan never won any rings till the Lakers, Celtics and Pistons where on the decline. Soon after that, then the bulls started wining rings againts teams like Portland, Seattle, Phoenix, Utah. They did beat the Lakers one year, but Worthy and Scott were hurt and were no longer in there primes, including Magic, Vlade was just a rookie as well.
Jordan always had Pippen who is a 50 best player by the way, and he always had good PF's ( Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman ) and decent Centers (Cartright, Longley) so it was not all that bad for him. Jordan also had great shooters around him Armstrong, Hodges, Paxon to name a few.
So who on this Laker team does Kobe have that comes close to the players Jordan had? Nobody, not starting and not coming of the bench. Lamar is the next best player on the team, but lacks the consistency needed to make Kobes life easier. And Lamar is no Pippen and never will be, at the least Jordans Bulls always had two all stars. Kobes Lakers on has one, himself.
I will wait till Kobe has another all star on his team like Jordan did, and then I will judge him and see what he can accomplish.

Old Texan
01-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Ah, Jerry West. Probably the best pure jump shooter the game has ever seen. I was fortunate to see West, Baylor, and Chamberlain play against Detroit in old Cobo Hall. Pistons were decent. Dave Bing was their star and led NBA in scoring, later Hall of Famer.
I remember them walking in the bldg. Keith Erickson from UCLA was a Laker then. Got all their autographs and was a happy lil' fella.
Jordan's mates were Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, B J Armstrong, John Paxson, Toni Kukoc, and Luc Longley among others. I wouldn't call them weak as they were some pretty damn good players.

totenhosen
01-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Jordan's mates were Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, B J Armstrong, John Paxson, Toni Kukoc, and Luc Longley among others. I wouldn't call them weak as they were some pretty damn good players.
and you didn't even mention Rodman who was one of the top defenders and best rebounder for years. Don't forget about Ron Harper who prior to joinging the Bulls was averaging 20+ ppg with the Clips.

Old Texan
01-23-2006, 01:38 PM
and you didn't even mention Rodman who was one of the top defenders and best rebounder for years. Don't forget about Ron Harper who prior to joinging the Bulls was averaging 20+ ppg with the Clips.
I love Dennis, but sometimes I think the Bulls won in spite of him, at the end of the relationship anyway. He did the dirty work on D all right.
Dennis' best years were when he had Laimbeer and Mahorn keeping him in line. :cool:

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 01:42 PM
To be honest, basketball would not be as exciting to me, if Kobe was not in the league, he is the guy to watch, just like Jordan was.
http://photostore.nba.com/perl/get_image?size=480_art&provider_id=202&ptp_photo_id=88095
http://kobebryantflight.tripod.com/kbfly.jpg http://www.sitevip.net/kobe_bryant/images/gallery/big9.jpg
http://galeon.hispavista.com/jocsderol/img/Kobe%20Bryant%20slam%20dunk.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/abarbot/kobe/galerie/allstar/kobe_vs_mj_2.jpg
In regards to the rape charges. I think it is pretty lame that you could bang a willing chick and she calls rape, then everyone believes it and calls you a rapist.

PlyaPlya22
01-23-2006, 01:54 PM
That is because the rest of his team sucks and he is not a team player anyways.....
Miguel...stop hating :rollside:

PlyaPlya22
01-23-2006, 01:56 PM
To be honest, basketball would not be as exciting to me, if Kobe was not in the league, he is the guy to watch, just like Jordan was.
http://photostore.nba.com/perl/get_image?size=480_art&provider_id=202&ptp_photo_id=88095
http://kobebryantflight.tripod.com/kbfly.jpg http://www.sitevip.net/kobe_bryant/images/gallery/big9.jpg
http://galeon.hispavista.com/jocsderol/img/Kobe%20Bryant%20slam%20dunk.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/abarbot/kobe/galerie/allstar/kobe_vs_mj_2.jpg
In regards to the rape charges. I think it is pretty lame that you could bang a willing chick and she calls rape, then everyone believes it and calls you a rapist.
Where's DILLIGAF??

OutCole'd
01-23-2006, 01:58 PM
F the Clippers...... :D

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Where's DILLIGAF??
Probably still crying, because the clippers did not pick up Kobe.
:)

Big Warlock
01-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I do not think he is a rapist. I agree she was willing and admitted to, in essence, stalking Kobe. But don't call him a family man either. And stop with the "he had to leave the interview because his daughter wanted to go home" or whatever.
The man is an incredible player. But he is just a man. And not big into the family thing. So put that part away. :crossx:
Maybe he knows the barking dog guy??? :rolleyes:

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 03:05 PM
I do not think he is a rapist. I agree she was willing and admitted to, in essence, stalking Kobe. But don't call him a family man either. And stop with the "he had to leave the interview because his daughter wanted to go home" or whatever.
The man is an incredible player. But he is just a man. And not big into the family thing. So put that part away. :crossx:
Maybe he knows the barking dog guy??? :rolleyes:
haha, he did leave the interview cause of that, his daughter was there, it was all live.
I think he made a mistake and is not going to do that again. How could you ever trust another hood rat after that? I think he is going to move on and stay faithful to his wife, who wouldnt? :D

uclahater
01-23-2006, 03:11 PM
haha, he did leave the interview cause of that, his daughter was there, it was all live.
I think he made a mistake and is not going to do that again. How could you ever trust another hood rat after that? I think he is going to move on and stay faithful to his wife, who wouldnt? :D
when you have that level of trim thrown at you Day after Day it would be really hard not to falter :cry:
Kolby just uses a condom now like the rest of them :idea: They all do it :yuk: Its just what happens at that level :cry:

GAME TIME
01-23-2006, 03:15 PM
when you have that level of trim thrown at you Day after Day it would be really hard not to falter :cry:
Kolby just uses a condom now like the rest of them :idea: They all do it :yuk: Its just what happens at that level :cry:
I agree, Jordan did it. Magic did it. This has nothing to do with their basketball capabilities.

GAME TIME
01-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Steve Kerr wrote an awesome article on Yahoo Sports about how Kobe deserves the MVP (so far) and I agree. Go Lakers!!!!

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 05:23 PM
no games for 4 days. :(
I was just talking to my customer, he works at the Church Kobe attends. We were talking about him and he was saying how well spoken he is. He goes to Church like clockwork, sometimes by himself and takes it very seriously.

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
FOR THE HATERS!
http://www.upslide.com/stfu.jpg

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 07:13 PM
The Bulls supporting cast was one of the finest ever assembled around a star player. Pippen, Ho Grant and Rodman, along with Jordan, comprised maybe 4 of the best 10 defensive players in the league.
Is Kobe as good as Jordan? At this point in his career, he's a better outside shooter than Jordan ever was, with way more range. He can't create around the bucket for himself like Jordan could, but he's not far behind. He's nowhere near the defensive player that Jordan was, even though he's a fine defender. Jordan was also a much better rebounder, not in terms of raw numbers, because he didn't have to rebound with Grant and Rodman around, but in terms of technique. If Jordan wanted to grab 20 rebounds, he could have easily done so. Jordan didn't win anything his first 6 seasons, so Kobe was slightly ahead of him, but Kobe will really have to pick it up to win six in his career.
The difference, to me, is simple. Jordan was the type of player that made everyone on his team, even the lowliest scrub, a better player. He turned lazy ass Toni Kukoc into an above average NBA player and turned Scottie Pippen into a "50 greatest players in NBA history" member. Kobe does not seem to have that affect on his teammates. Almost everyone that plays with him ends up looking worse than they are. Kobe can carry a team, whereas Jordan didn't have to. Jordan would step up in the last 5 minutes and beat you, Kobe has to carry the Lakers for 48 minutes.
You dont think he tries to make them better? dude, you need to watch some games. haha :)

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 08:08 PM
I probably watch more Laker games than you do. ;)
Hey now, lets not go there. I watch every game, every second, the pre-game and post game comments, sports reports, read Lakers forums, basically soak up all the info I can.

dmontzsta
01-23-2006, 09:04 PM
OK, you win. I could not endure that kind of torture. :D
I am even watching the replay of last nights game, right now.

Old Texan
01-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Jordan didn't win anything his first 6 seasons, .
A 27-55 win-loss record during the 1983-84 season gave Chicago rights to the third pick in the 1984 NBA draft. The Bulls selected Michael Jordan, who had an instant impact on the team. During the 1984-85 season he won the NBA rookie of the year award, averaging 28.2 points per game and helping the Bulls reach the playoffs for the first time in four seasons. Chicago reached the playoffs again in 1986 and 1987. In all three years, however, the Bulls lost in the first round.
Chicago strengthened its roster in the 1987 NBA draft, selecting forward Horace Grant and trading for the draft rights to Scottie Pippen. The two players helped the Bulls improve to 50-32 during the 1987-88 season and advance to the conference semifinals, where they lost to the Pistons.
The Bulls advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals in 1989 and 1990 but fell to the Pistons both years. Before the 1989-90 season, Chicago promoted Phil Jackson from assistant coach to head coach. Jackson stressed a team-oriented defense and a complex offense that made the most of Jordan and Pippen’s scoring talents. In his second season (1990-91), Jackson led the club to the NBA Finals, where the Bulls captured the franchise’s first NBA championship, defeating the Lakers in five games.
He didn't win a title but he sure turned things around.Getting them to the playoffs almost singlehandedly the first year wasn't too shabby.

Old Texan
01-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Sure he did, but everybody makes the playoffs in the NBA. ;)
Not every year.
And some almost never.
A lot want to be like Mike, but it's a high road at the top.