PDA

View Full Version : Do yo live anywhere near a military base??

Tahiti350
11-23-2006, 08:34 AM
If you live near a military base you may want to consider making a call to the base Chaplain and check into hosting one or more of our young service members for dinner during the Holiday season. Most bases have some sort of "Take a Soldier/Sailor/Airman home". Many of our troops are away from home for the first time, some separated from wives and children, and a home cooked meal in the company of good people can make a huge difference. I've been on both sides of this program, and have met many wonderful people thru it over the years.
Wish I had thought to pass this on BEFORE Turkey day, but there are still a lot of opportunities left between now and New Years, and why limit it to just the holidays??? Maybe we, as a boating community, could start a new program "Take a Troop boating". I'm sure we could teach them valuable life skills during a long weekend of boating...
Just a thought.......

vmjtc3
11-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Very cool ideal. We are new army parent's so we are still learning all of the in's and out's. Both sound like great ideal's. I think I will have to check in to it. :cool:

switchin'addiction
11-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Very cool idea!!

pebo
11-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Had 4 Soldiers over for dinner and Desert tonite. In fact they are partying it up in the Spa as we speak. Fun.... :rollside: :rollside:

JustMVG
11-24-2006, 12:25 AM
We had been doing it for years and after El Toro was closed we stopped.
But those guys and gals were so nice and thankful to have a family of some kind to hang with at Thanksgiving and Xmas. A great program and i hope to be able to participate with my own family at some point in the future.