PDA

View Full Version : Fabtech Pitman and Idler arm Recall

sigepmock
01-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Just got word that Fabtech is recalling all their pitman and idler arms and replacing them with Mooge OE style parts. I haven't seen the official recall yet but a buddy got a call from 4 Wheel parts about and he called Fabtech and they said replace them ASAP.
I'll post more if I find any more info.
Chris

sigepmock
01-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Here's the official recall
Fabtech Recall (http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/html/hdsteering.html)

ecfiffer
02-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Here's the official recall
Fabtech Recall (http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/html/hdsteering.html)
And theres the #1 reason to NEVER buy fabtech. A guy offered to put it on my HD and I laughed at him. CST only, if I was keeping it....

Havasu Cig
02-17-2006, 02:54 PM
I just put a Fabtech 6" kit on our 2500 HD, and IMO it is a good kit. When you compare the different kits out there such as Fabtech, CST, RCD, Pro-comp etc... they are pretty much the same. I did the install myself, so I know the kit pretty well. I did use a Mooge Pitman and Idler arm.

tahitijet
02-17-2006, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=ecfiffer]And theres the #1 reason to NEVER buy fabtech.
QUOTE]
Agreed or anything 4 wheel parts for that matter. As i've stated before i fix more rancho, procomp, superlift, fab tech, (4 wheel parts lifts) then anything else

djunkie
02-17-2006, 06:49 PM
QUOTE]
Agreed or anything 4 wheel parts for that matter. As i've stated before i fix more rancho, procomp, superlift, fab tech, (4 wheel parts lifts) then anything else
I was pretty happy with my 6" Procomp lift that I had on my old truck. I beat it up a few times too and it held together.

River918
02-18-2006, 04:28 PM
I was pretty happy with my 6" Procomp lift that I had on my old truck. I beat it up a few times too and it held together.
Me too...I've had three of them on my trucks and no problems....knock wood... :crossx:

DSIDan
03-04-2006, 08:44 PM
QUOTE]
What does Rancho, Superlift and Fab-Tech have to do w/ 4WP, Those kits can be bought anywhere. Even at your place. Sounds like you have a 4WP issue? And thats not what they are talking about. At least the 4WP guy called him and told him about the recall. That seems stand up to me. :cool:

tahitijet
03-04-2006, 09:57 PM
What does Rancho, Superlift and Fab-Tech have to do w/ 4WP, Those kits can be bought anywhere. Even at your place. Sounds like you have a 4WP issue? And thats not what they are talking about. At least the 4WP guy called him and told him about the recall. That seems stand up to me. :cool:
No those kits can't be bought at my place because i only sale products i can trust, and when you fix particular parts over and over i'd think it's fair to assume you can't trust it.
I'm sure sigepmock will correct me if i'm wrong and i don't want to speak for him but i don't think his friend works at 4wp?
what i meant by "anything 4wp" was directly related to the lift kits they sale only. I want to clarify that i don't have an issue with 4wp or trans america. It's just easier to say "the lift kits they sale" vs listing out each kit over and over agian.

565edge
03-05-2006, 09:15 AM
No those kits can't be bought at my place because i only sale products i can trust, and when you fix particular parts over and over i'd think it's fair to assume you can't trust it.
I'm sure sigepmock will correct me if i'm wrong and i don't want to speak for him but i don't think his friend works at 4wp?
what i meant by "anything 4wp" was directly related to the lift kits they sale only. I want to clarify that i don't have an issue with 4wp or trans america. It's just easier to say "the lift kits they sale" vs listing out each kit over and over agian.
You only sale products that you can trust?Hmmm I bought some long travel arms off you and some 4" spindles for a 1988 and up c1500 that you said where fabtech.The only thing fabtech was the spindles and the arms where AIM.Now if you trust AIM you got issues.You will remember as I bought these off ebay from you and drove down and picked them up on a saturday.Carma kinda sucks.

tahitijet
03-05-2006, 01:57 PM
You only sale products that you can trust?Hmmm I bought some long travel arms off you and some 4" spindles for a 1988 and up c1500 that you said where fabtech.The only thing fabtech was the spindles and the arms where AIM.Now if you trust AIM you got issues.You will remember as I bought these off ebay from you and drove down and picked them up on a saturday.Carma kinda sucks.
Not me buddy. YOu have me confused with someone else. I've never even sold a set of long travel arms or lift spindles for a 88-98 truck. I don't deal and never have dealt suspension stuff on ebay or anything fab-tech or AIM for that matter. I'll thank you to check your facts and retract your statement.
thanks

565edge
03-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Not me buddy. YOu have me confused with someone else. I've never even sold a set of long travel arms or lift spindles for a 88-98 truck. I don't deal and never have dealt suspension stuff on ebay or anything fab-tech or AIM for that matter. I'll thank you to check your facts and retract your statement.
thanks
Maybe Im wrong.It might of been another shop in fresno that looks exactly like yours.Even some of the trucks on your website where their when I came.It really doesnt matter.The trucks long gone.I was impressed with the work I saw their though.