PDA

View Full Version : HONDA side by side

Eliminator 4 Life
11-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Well I heard that its gonna be called the HIPPO maybe redrider can verify :) and I also heard 2008???

djunkie
11-24-2006, 10:15 PM
It was an April fools joke that a magazine put out. :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
11-24-2006, 11:34 PM
It was an April fools joke that a magazine put out. :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:
No a Honda rep told me :p did u get my email...

HocusPocus
11-25-2006, 12:50 AM
i did a google search and found alot of sites that said it was an april fools joke but i did find this pic.
http://www.psnnewsletter.com/images/clients/9/hondahippo.jpg
and this article.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6874/p10100088mz.jpg

djunkie
11-25-2006, 02:25 AM
i did a google search and found alot of sites that said it was an april fools joke but i did find this pic.
http://www.psnnewsletter.com/images/clients/9/hondahippo.jpg
and this article.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6874/p10100088mz.jpg
That is the pic that was put in the magazine. The magazine does something evey year for April Fools and that was it. No Honda is not coming out with a 6 cylinder side by side. With the threat of law suits with the Yamahas I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't much faster than the Rhino if they even release one.

djunkie
11-25-2006, 02:35 AM
No a Honda rep told me :p did u get my email...
Sent you a PM Rob. As for the Honda I'm thinking late 2007 or 2008 if your lucky.

Eliminator 4 Life
11-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Sent you a PM Rob. As for the Honda I'm thinking late 2007 or 2008 if your lucky.
Got it thanks I dont know if I can wait that long... :crossx:

riverroyal
11-25-2006, 09:14 AM
on mine,slacker :rollside:

Eliminator 4 Life
11-25-2006, 09:52 AM
on mine,slacker :rollside:
You sold it Steve.. Congrats. I was afraid to roll yours and scratch the beautiful paint job. I really liked it but funds right now.... :cool:

shadow
11-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Heres what comes to my mind when i think of Rob on a Rhino. :D
http://slantmouth.com/articles/olympicIdol/images/bear.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502bear.jpg

Eliminator 4 Life
11-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Heres what comes to my mind when i think of Rob on a Rhino. :D
http://slantmouth.com/articles/olympicIdol/images/bear.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1502bear.jpg
HAHA u fawker atleast Ill make sure I have oil in it :crossx: . Did they fix it for u. I hope nothing burned up in there. Besides if I dont get a Rhino what am I supposed to get a JEEP :cool:

djunkie
11-25-2006, 12:48 PM
HAHA u fawker atleast Ill make sure I have oil in it :crossx: . Did they fix it for u. I hope nothing burned up in there. Besides if I dont get a Rhino what am I supposed to get a JEEP :cool:
Everyone else is doing it. :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
11-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Everyone else is doing it. :crossx:
Did you go down and order yours Mr. Dave Jones :)

djunkie
11-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Did you go down and order yours Mr. Dave Jones :)
I bought 2. 1 for here and 1 for the river. It was the only way around the problem of it not fitting in the bed of my truck. :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
11-25-2006, 12:57 PM
I bought 2. 1 for here and 1 for the river. It was the only way around the problem of it not fitting in the bed of my truck. :crossx:
Man you were really thinking when you did that :) . You wanna call me so we can spend the rest of your line of credit on a boat. But you might want to buy two so you dont have to drag it back and forth :rollside:

djunkie
11-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Man you were really thinking when you did that :) . You wanna call me so we can spend the rest of your line of credit on a boat. But you might want to buy two so you dont have to drag it back and forth :rollside:
Good idea. I really think I need to bury myself deeper in debt. :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
11-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Good idea. I really think I need to bury myself deeper in debt. :crossx:
Dave Im just trying to look into your best intrest :)

Redrider
07-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Well I heard that its gonna be called the HIPPO maybe redrider can verify :) and I also heard 2008???
Sorry, not a Hippo, but hopefully we can all talk about something soon!!!

wsuwrhr
07-06-2007, 09:50 PM
By the time Honda makes it to market the fad will be over.
They will be back to being farm carts.
Brian

Redrider
07-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Brian
Too funny. I am sure we will miss the market... :sleeping:

RiverRatMike
07-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Brian
and leave it up to Yamaha to come out with all the bitchin shit first! :)

Redrider
07-09-2007, 08:39 PM
I guess that is why they (Yamaha) are still are behind Honda in market share... LOL :eek:

JMC
07-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Honda started the ATV craze way back as you all know. They pretty much led
the industry in the offroad fun market for years and years. Everyone remembers the 250R 3 wheeler that Yammy and Kawasaki tried to compete with but never quite beat. Then the lawsuits stated on the 3 wheelers and then we went to quads. Honda then released the 250R quad that still led the pack....then more lawsuits. Honda finally said the heck with buiding high horsepower sport quads but their laziness didn't end their. The rest of their four wheelers always lacked in power and were always the last to expose critical items like disk brakes for the front and rear on all their rigs. In the last few years Yamaha has pretty much led the industry in inovation and power. The Banshee still lives...believe it or not, and the Rhino was a paramount move as well. Now everyone else is jumping in. Kawa just released their side by side with a V-twin 750 that is really what the Rhino has been missing, more power. Polaris just released their new side X side the RZR, a 800 inline twin that is leading the class in power but is limited in size, ground clearance etc. Artic Cat is releasing a 1000 quad this fall called the Thunder Cat, all of the manu's are probably raising their eyebrows to it. Yamaha has yet to release or show the 2008 Rhino yet. I hope we see a twin in it. Back on Honda, I sure hope we see a side X side being offered from them. All the competition will sure help us continue to get more and more excitement from these high dollar toys.

Ultrafied
07-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I really don't see how Yamaha led the way in the side by sides since it was last on the market accept for Artic Cat. The Mule was by far better received in the public's eye first as a toy and UTV. Polaris and Kubato have long been the leaders in UTV. Kubato being by far the best workhorse with its diesel and Polaras beating the Rhino in very category (spec wise). About the only thing that Yamaha did in leading the way was in roll overs .... LOL :D

JMC
07-10-2007, 04:38 PM
I really don't see how Yamaha led the way in the side by sides since it was last on the market accept for Artic Cat. The Mule was by far better received in the public's eye first as a toy and UTV. Polaris and Kubato have long been the leaders in UTV. Kubato being by far the best workhorse with its diesel and Polaras beating the Rhino in very category (spec wise). About the only thing that Yamaha did in leading the way was in roll overs .... LOL :D
Well sure, you can put the Mule and Kabota out there but you have to include the John Deere Gator. I must say all of these are not very capable when it comes to the fun department and real offroading. Their great machines for utility work and for grandpa to use tightening the fences, but you wont see too many folks out there using them for serious fun. The Polaris Ranger is a very capable machine but they built a sport model (RZR) for a reason....losing sales to the Rhino. Kubota builds a great tractor but I cant comment on their buggy because I have never actually seen one person that owned one, but I do know the specs are not impressive. I understand you when you say what you own is the best, that is usually the case with individuals and their toys. I like the Ranger but you you have to give Yammy props for building a RUV that is somewhat sporty and work capable. There is a reason Yammy has sold more Rhino's than all the Ranger's, Mule's, Gator's and Kabota's put together.

Ultrafied
07-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Well sure, you can put the Mule and Kabota out there but you have to include the John Deere Gator. I must say all of these are not very capable when it comes to the fun department and real offroading. Their great machines for utility work and for grandpa to use tightening the fences, but you wont see too many folks out there using them for serious fun. The Polaris Ranger is a very capable machine but they built a sport model (RZR) for a reason....losing sales to the Rhino. Kubota builds a great tractor but I cant comment on their buggy because I have never actually seen one person that owned one, but I do know the specs are not impressive. I understand you when you say what you own is the best, that is usually the case with individuals and their toys. I like the Ranger but you you have to give Yammy props for building a RUV that is somewhat sporty and work capable. There is a reason Yammy has sold more Rhino's than all the Ranger's, Mule's, Gator's and Kabota's put together.
It would be interesting to see your statistics on Yamaha sales of the Rhino, which I believe is just a little exaggerated. Although California is the leading buyer for UTV's, with Texas being second, New York being third and Georgia being fourth, the Rhino loses some of its appeal back east, where the Mule and Ranger lead in sales for hunting, trails and work capabilities. The Yamaha may lead in total sales since it came out (in 2003), but it wouldn't be any where near your estimates since Mule and Polaris have been out longer.
I didn't want anyone to think that I believe the Ranger is better for everything then the Rhino, nor is the Cat better then anything out there. With that being said, the same goes for the Rhino. Yes, the RZR is aimed at tight side by side trail riding. The Ranger and Mule are wider (which is also why neither are known for their roll tendencies). The Rhino has sex appeal and one of the largest distributorships, especially here in the West.
All three of the biggies have their good points. I don't believe Honda will jump in at this point. Legislation is just around the coroner I believe. There have already been 6 deaths with UTV's this year in California and it will go the way of the old ATC's.

pw_Tony
07-10-2007, 06:33 PM
The reason why the Rhino prevails over the others is just because of the fun factor like JMC said.
I'm not biased towards any brand other than mopar:D . I rode in all the Mules and Rangers before the Rhino came out, but when it did it really did put those to shame when it came to fun factor. They might be a little better in other areas like working on the farm and whatnot;) but the Rhino is just funner.
And that's why they have been whooping everyone else on Sales.
I thought there all fun, and specially the newer models RZRs and what-not, but thanks to the Rhino we can really enjoy these side by sides and expand in that area.

RiverRatMike
07-10-2007, 07:55 PM
well if you are a inexperiance off-roader in the Rhino you will roll it.

JMC
07-10-2007, 10:04 PM
It would be interesting to see your statistics on Yamaha sales of the Rhino, which I believe is just a little exaggerated. Although California is the leading buyer for UTV's, with Texas being second, New York being third and Georgia being fourth, the Rhino loses some of its appeal back east, where the Mule and Ranger lead in sales for hunting, trails and work capabilities. The Yamaha may lead in total sales since it came out (in 2003), but it wouldn't be any where near your estimates since Mule and Polaris have been out longer.
I didn't want anyone to think that I believe the Ranger is better for everything then the Rhino, nor is the Cat better then anything out there. With that being said, the same goes for the Rhino. Yes, the RZR is aimed at tight side by side trail riding. The Ranger and Mule are wider (which is also why neither are known for their roll tendencies). The Rhino has sex appeal and one of the largest distributorships, especially here in the West.
All three of the biggies have their good points. I don't believe Honda will jump in at this point. Legislation is just around the coroner I believe. There have already been 6 deaths with UTV's this year in California and it will go the way of the old ATC's.
Man, I dont know where all these Mule owners are your talking about. That is an oddball for the general market. On the other hand, every swinging dick this side of the Mississippi has a Rhino. I would take an argument over the Ranger but forget the Mule. I like both the Rhino and the Ranger and I wouldn't want to be in position to have to choose between the two. As far as flipping goes...hell, no matter what you build and how mild it is someone will figure out how to put it on its back.....
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/JMC_711/pontoon.jpg

djunkie
07-11-2007, 02:17 AM
RHINO'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

RiverRatMike
07-11-2007, 05:02 AM
RHINO'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
ARTIC CAT'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

djunkie
07-11-2007, 12:47 PM
:crossx: :crossx:

djunkie
07-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Wheres that Sigepmock character hiding? Usually when a Rhino thread pops up hes always got something to say. :D :D

Magic34
07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I agree with that. Thanks for reminding me.. Need to get the service sceduled on the damn thing. Blown head gasket on a stock motor. :mad:

djunkie
07-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree with that. Thanks for reminding me.. Need to get the service sceduled on the damn thing. Blown head gasket on a stock motor. :mad:
Do you still have your Rhino Mike? Gonna bring it out for the RRX regatta?