PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Gurus Please

Not So Fast
11-25-2006, 07:48 AM
I've been buying a few items on Ebay lately and I was under the impression that if the item did not have a "reserve" tag on it, then it had to be sold at the highest bid. Guess I'm wrong though because my item just went up for rebid, the highest bid was about 40% lower than the going price at the close of auction. Help please, Thanks :chi: NSF

DelawareDave
11-25-2006, 07:53 AM
That is the way it is supposed to work. If there is no "reserve", then the item is normally sold to the highest bidder at the end of the auction. The price of other similar items should have no bearing on the final price. But- there are unscrupulous sellers that pull the item at the last minute if the price isn't to their liking. You can complain to eBay, but don't hold your breath.
When I sell on eBay, I start the bid in the general area of what I'd like to get for the item. The higher it goes, the happier I am.

nextel4u
11-25-2006, 07:55 AM
The seller can end the auction at anytime (except after it has ended) if it is a No Reserve auction.
If there was a Reserve on the auction and the Reserve was met then the seller must sell the item. If the Reserve was not met, the seller can end the auction early.