PDA

View Full Version : USC vs NOTRE DAME football

Miss Managed Assets
11-25-2006, 10:14 AM
FIGHT ON TROJANS!!!!
We're leaving in one hour for the game, should be a good one!!!

MayDaze
11-25-2006, 10:51 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :)
Have a great time!

HavasuSelect
11-25-2006, 10:56 AM
FIGHT ON TROJANS!!!!
We're leaving in one hour for the game, should be a good one!!!
I've been waiting for this for 364 days! FIGHT ON!

UltraClean
11-25-2006, 10:57 AM
ND ALL THE WAY!

HCS
11-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Lucky you guys.
Have fun at the game!!

BRSTQUEST
11-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Leaving for the game in an hour......Fight On Trojan's!!!!!!!
Nothing like a game that means something to everyone!!!!!

DILLIGAF
11-25-2006, 12:26 PM
ND here :)

djunkie
11-25-2006, 12:26 PM
SC here. :crossx:

HavasuSelect
11-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Care to make another sig line wager on this game?

DILLIGAF
11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Care to make another sig line wager on this game?
Sure.....whats the deal and it has to wait until Monday for me if I lose as my computer is down at home

playdeep
11-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Notre Dame...!
For all the Meechigan-Ohio State,hype this game is a far better rivalry...
..it does not get any better than Notre Dame-USC in prime time.

HavasuSelect
11-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Sure.....whats the deal and it has to wait until Monday for me if I lose as my computer is down at home
How about if N.D. loses you have to put up "Notre Dame is Overrated" and if SC wins you have to put up "USC is a dynasty"? Any other suggestions?

life's a river
11-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Notre Dame...!
For all the Meechigan-Ohio State,hype this game is a far better rivalry...
..it does not get any better than Notre Dame-USC in prime time.
I am an SC fan and have been to a Ohio State Michigan game in the "SHOE" and nothing compares. That entire city shuts down for the game. They live, eat, drink and sleep Ohio State football in Columbus. I have never been to a SC Notre Dame game but I have been to a SC UCLA game, doesn't compare. I can't even imagine the SC Notre Dame game being much different. Although this year like last, there is a lot on the line. California is to large and too many things to do. I swear that there was electricity in the stands the year that I went back to Ohio.
Go Buckeye's !
Until they play SC for the National Championship.
GO USC!
LAR

UltraClean
11-25-2006, 02:39 PM
How about if N.D. loses you have to put up "Notre Dame is Overrated" and if SC wins you have to put up "USC is a dynasty"? Any other suggestions?
Soooo Im confused here...

HavasuSelect
11-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Soooo Im confused here...
LOL. I'm sorry.... It's been a long weekend.
It should say....
How about if U.S.C. loses I have to put up "U.S.C. is overrated" and if SC wins you have to put up "USC is a dynasty"? Any other suggestions?

playdeep
11-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Michigan-Ohio State is a midwestern rivalry.
The Notre Dame-USC game is inter-sectional...Not trying to be argumentitive,but I think most people around the country recall far more ND-USC classics than Michigan and Ohio State.

djunkie
11-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Its about that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

MayDaze
11-25-2006, 05:30 PM
SC strikes 1st 7-0 :)

shueman
11-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Trojans have a coupla 2nd Qtr turnovers.... :220v: ND's fightin' back....

djunkie
11-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Trojans have a coupla 2nd Qtr turnovers.... :220v: ND's fightin' back....
Ya got a little shakey there for a minute but SC's still lookin good. :crossx: :crossx:
21-10 at the half.

Cas
11-25-2006, 08:07 PM
looks pretty much like a rout 37-17 sc

HavasuSelect
11-26-2006, 02:37 AM
Wow is all I have to say. Many people, as well as many "experts" were predicting ND to be the National Champs this year. What a game! Thor what are your thoughts?

Boatcop
11-26-2006, 06:53 AM
USC v. OH for the BCS Championship.
Little known rule says that you have to win your conference to be in the Championship game. Even if they rank Mich. #2, USC goes.

Not So Fast
11-26-2006, 07:13 AM
Lets not forget one little thing here boys, UCLA :rolleyes: I know USC is a much better team but inter city rivals always play harder for that game. Then USC vs Ohio St. Did anybody listen to how many records USC has set since Pete came on board, like 56 & 5, plus others,WOW. And he is always so UPBEAT about the team, good coach for sure, obviously popular and had quite a few High school recruits there. Whats the deal with Charlie Weis and going for it on 4 down so early, guess he figured they had to the way SC scored so quick, but 4 & 10 :confused: NSF

HavasuSelect
11-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Lets not forget one little thing here boys, UCLA :rolleyes: I know USC is a much better team but inter city rivals always play harder for that game. Then USC vs Ohio St. Did anybody listen to how many records USC has set since Pete came on board, like 56 & 5, plus others,WOW. And he is always so UPBEAT about the team, good coach for sure, obviously popular and had quite a few High school recruits there. Whats the deal with Charlie Weis and going for it on 4 down so early, guess he figured they had to the way SC scored so quick, but 4 & 10 :confused: NSF
You're right. UCLA can very well play spoiler. That's always a tough game and UCLA has the ability to hold it's own against good teams (Notre Dame for example).
I did notice that Weis was very aggressive on 4th down. I could be wrong but on that 4th and 10 play you're talking about it seemed like they were in field goal range.

MayDaze
11-26-2006, 12:37 PM
You're right. UCLA can very well play spoiler. That's always a tough game and UCLA has the ability to hold it's own against good teams (Notre Dame for example).
I did notice that Weis was very aggressive on 4th down. I could be wrong but on that 4th and 10 play you're talking about it seemed like they were in field goal range.
They announcers made a comment that the field goal kicker wasn't very good. His long for the year is 40 yards... Here is an article about the kicker below.
(Notre Dame: Carl Gioia - Could Lose Kicking Job
Update: Gioia could be in danger of losing his job after missing three extra points (two were blocked) Saturday at Air Force.
Gioia has now missed four PATs this year and is just 7-of-11 on field goals. So far his misses haven't hurt Notre Dame, but against USC and in a bowl game, those lost opportunities could be harmful. If Gioia loses his job, either Geoff Price, Ryan Burkhart or Bobby Renkes would get a shot at place-kicking duties.)

HavasuSelect
11-26-2006, 12:48 PM
They announcers made a comment that the field goal kicker wasn't very good. His long for the year is 40 yards... Here is an article about the kicker below.
(Notre Dame: Carl Gioia - Could Lose Kicking Job
Update: Gioia could be in danger of losing his job after missing three extra points two Gioia has now missed four PATs this year and is just 7-of-11 on field goals. So far his misses haven't hurt Notre Dame, but against USC and in a bowl game, those lost opportunities could be harmful. If Gioia loses his job, either Geoff Price, Ryan Burkhart or Bobby Renkes would get a shot at place-kicking duties.)
Hmmm....Well that explains it! Thanks :)

TrojanDan
11-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Little known rule says that you have to win your conference to be in the Championship game. Even if they rank Mich. #2, USC goes.
Wrong. This rule was discussed but never adopted after the 2004 season that saw Oklahoma lose the Big 12 Championship game to I believe Colorado, but still anvanced to the BCS Championship against LSU. You still not need to win your division to still have a shot at the championship, hence Michigan still be considered.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Uhhhh, not likely. We're going to get destroyed by $c. I'll still be at the game cheering on my Bruins on but I have little faith that the game will even be close.....

Boatcop
11-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Wrong. This rule was discussed but never adopted after the 2004 season that saw Oklahoma lose the Big 12 Championship game to I believe Colorado, but still anvanced to the BCS Championship against LSU. You still not need to win your division to still have a shot at the championship, hence Michigan still be considered.
I heard that on the Radio yesterday.
No matter. BCS rankings just came out.
USC #2
Only thing that stands in the way of their trip to the Championship bowl game is UCLA. If SC wins, they go!

bignet
11-26-2006, 06:42 PM
That's right Glendale, AZ here we come! Went to the game yesterday and it was awesome! The Trojans just walked right through the Irish! Tailgated from 9am till midnight! Hung out with USCFAN!.....What's up Floyd??
The wife and I are going to the UCLA game on Saturday! GO TROJANS!
Fight On!
bignet

Miss Managed Assets
11-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Yes the game was awesome, we had a great time, Got a Picture with Lisa Ling and Pic and sigs from Anthony Davis. We will be at the USC/UCLA game Saturday and put in today for our national/rose bowl tickets. See ya all Saturday! :)
FIght on SC!

78Southwind
11-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Anthony Davis signing autographs
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1676USC_NotreDame_AnthonyDavis.jpg
Lisa and Lisa Ling
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1676USC_NotreDame_LisaandLisa.jpg
Sedrick Ellis Number 49 just after sacking Quinn.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1676USC_NotreDame_Sack.jpg
A closer look.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1676USC_NotreDame_Sack1.jpg
Trojan, Cheerleaders and Band marching after the game.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1676USC_NotreDame_Band.jpg

TrojanDan
11-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Tailgated from 9am till midnight!
bignet
Why did you get there so late? :D We were on the museum grass before 6am. This Saturday we'll be getting on the Rose Bowl grass around 3am or so. If all goes well, I'll be in Glendale Jan 8th also.
Nice pictures 78Southwind :cool:

78Southwind
11-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Why did you get there so late? :D We were on the museum grass before 6am. This Saturday we'll be getting on the Rose Bowl grass around 3am or so. If all goes well, I'll be in Glendale Jan 8th also.
I thought I got to the games early. Are you guys bringing a motor home or something? At last years game we brought my buddies motor home and got to the Coliseum at about 4:30AM. It was just absolutely crazy down there and the RV parking was already sold out. I walked around the Coliseum to sell my Cardinal and Gold parking pass to help pay for the private parking lot. I was stoked I got $200 for my parking pass but they charged us $300 at the private lot. :hammerhea

SCUBA STEVE
11-27-2006, 06:52 AM
I thought I got to the games early. Are you guys bringing a motor home or something? At last years game we brought my buddies motor home and got to the Coliseum at about 4:30AM. It was just absolutely crazy down there and the RV parking was already sold out. I walked around the Coliseum to sell my Cardinal and Gold parking pass to help pay for the private parking lot. I was stoked I got $200 for my parking pass but they charged us $300 at the private lot. :hammerhea
The stuff you have to go through to go to a game. lol. We watched the game in Havasu this weekend. It was great because everyone there was USC haters. lol
After Notre Dame went for it on 4th down and didnt make it on their first drive, that set the tone for the rest of the game.

HavasuSelect
11-27-2006, 06:56 AM
The stuff you have to go through to go to a game. lol. We watched the game in Havasu this weekend. It was great because everyone there was USC haters. lol
After Notre Dame went for it on 4th down and didnt make it on their first drive, that set the tone for the rest of the game.
Where did you watch it in Havasu? I'll be there this weekend for the FUCLA game. Can you reccomend a good spot?

SCUBA STEVE
11-27-2006, 07:00 AM
Where did you watch it in Havasu? I'll be there this weekend for the FUCLA game. Can you reccomend a good spot?
We were at Kilrtoys house. I don't know of any decent bars with big screens out there.

HavasuSelect
11-27-2006, 07:01 AM
We were at Kilrtoys house. I don't know of any decent bars with big screens out there.
10-4. If worst comes to worst I'll just watch at the house :yuk:

Bow Tie Omega
11-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Actually, it is not a rule. It is however something that the coaches have been up in arms about since Nebraska went to the big dance in 01 vs. Miami in Pasadena. For whatever reason, the rule has not been implemented. However, it is sure to get more scrutiny after all of the hub. Personally, I think it should be in play without a playoff system. If there is a better team in your conference, you should not get to go to the big dance. IMO, USC is the #1 team in the country, even with a loss. If you compare schedules, SC has played 10 teams in the Fox Sports top 40 compared to Ohio States 4. USC had two games with teams in conference that were outside the top 70, while Ohio State had 5 games with teams outside the Fox top 70 both in and out of conference. I feel very confident that if SC played Ohio States schedule, they would also be undefeated as well. Ohio State had a cupcake schedule with the only real team that they played was Michigan (Texas is ranked 19th in the BCS). That is fine, I will take number 2 and bet on USC winning it all during a rebuilding year. But first thing is first, lets hope SC can get past the Bruins. This game has a history of being close at times. GO TROJANS!!!!

Havasu_Dreamin
11-27-2006, 08:02 AM
But first thing is first, lets hope SC can get past the Bruins. This game has a history of being close at times. GO TROJANS!!!!
All you trojan fans have been sniffing too much glue down at the rubber factory.....$c will destroy us this weekend.....sure, I'll be there cheering on my Bruins and hoping they win, but c'mon, Dorrell sucks and the team sucks.....just being a realist...

Bow Tie Omega
11-27-2006, 08:43 AM
All you trojan fans have been sniffing too much glue down at the rubber factory.....$c will destroy us this weekend.....sure, I'll be there cheering on my Bruins and hoping they win, but c'mon, Dorrell sucks and the team sucks.....just being a realist...
I would not call it sniffing glue, although that sounds like fun. Last year was a very close game and SC was a much better team last year. But I do think that SC will beat UCLA. I just hope that the players are focusing on UCLA and not looking past them to Ohio State

TrojanDan
11-27-2006, 08:48 AM
c'mon, Dorrell sucks ...
OK, agreed. :cool:

TrojanDan
11-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I thought I got to the games early. Are you guys bringing a motor home or something? At last years game we brought my buddies motor home and got to the Coliseum at about 4:30AM. It was just absolutely crazy down there and the RV parking was already sold out. :hammerhea
For the SC games, we get there early enough that we are only 50-75 yards to all the toilets right outside Gate 19 at the Coliseum. No RV's since we tailgate with about 6-7 trucks and they don't allow RV's on the museum grass. If you have an RV and get there after the asphalt RV parking is full on the west side of the Coliseum, try Lot 1 on the corner of Vermont and Jefferson. I believe this is where Bignet parks with his Toyhauler. But you are talking about last year's SC-FUCLA game.... last year we were in line for the grass at 2am and it was probably 1/2 mile long by then.
If you're going this weekend, look at the Rose Bowl parking website for good info. Again, they make the RV's park up against the hill on the West side of the creek/wash while the cars get to park on the grass in front of the South endzone. We'll probably be there around 3am.

HavasuSelect
11-27-2006, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=TrojanDan]For the SC games, we get there early enough that we are only 50-75 yards to all the toilets right outside Gate 19 at the Coliseum. No RV's since we tailgate with about 6-7 trucks and they don't allow RV's on the museum grass. QUOTE]
I was in that exact spot for the Cal game. Were you there for that?

little rowe boat
11-27-2006, 09:24 AM
I would love to see the Bruins play the spoiler. If that doesn't happen, then Ohio state will destroy USC.

Bradman
11-27-2006, 09:29 AM
For the SC games, we get there early enough that we are only 50-75 yards to all the toilets right outside Gate 19 at the Coliseum. No RV's since we tailgate with about 6-7 trucks and they don't allow RV's on the museum grass. If you have an RV and get there after the asphalt RV parking is full on the west side of the Coliseum, try Lot 1 on the corner of Vermont and Jefferson. I believe this is where Bignet parks with his Toyhauler. But you are talking about last year's SC-FUCLA game.... last year we were in line for the grass at 2am and it was probably 1/2 mile long by then.
If you're going this weekend, look at the Rose Bowl parking website for good info. Again, they make the RV's park up against the hill on the West side of the creek/wash while the cars get to park on the grass in front of the South endzone. We'll probably be there around 3am.
Hey TrojanDan,
Here are some pics from the USC/Cal game. It was nice to meet you guys and I'm sure we'll see you at a lot of USC games next season.
A little Booty call
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/USC%20-vs-%20Cal/DSC00234.jpg?t=1164648246
Tailgate Poker Game
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/USC%20-vs-%20Cal/DSC00245.jpg?t=1164648338
My wife getting busy with some bbq.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/USC%20-vs-%20Cal/DSC00243.jpg?t=1164648435
Lots of partying going on!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/USC%20-vs-%20Cal/DSC00242.jpg?t=1164648514

Havasu1986
11-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Indigo Joes is a nice place with a bunch of big screens and cold beer.

TrojanDan
11-27-2006, 09:36 AM
I was in that exact spot for the Cal game. Were you there for that?
Right there where Bradman took that first picture. I was talking to Bradman when this chic stopped for a quick pose.
Nice meeting you Bradman (Mike) and your family. :cool:

Bradman
11-27-2006, 09:37 AM
More pics.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/USC%20-vs-%20Cal/DSC00254.jpg?t=1164648635
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/USC%20-vs-%20Cal/DSC00267.jpg?t=1164648681
Me and my son enjoying another victory!!!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/USC%20-vs-%20Cal/DSC00260.jpg?t=1164648728
My kids getting a picture next to Reggie Bush's Heisman Thophy.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/USC%20-vs-%20Cal/DSC00237.jpg?t=1164648934

Bradman
11-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Right there where Bradman took that first picture. I was talking to Bradman when this chic stopped for a quick pose.
Nice meeting you Bradman (Mike) and your family. :cool:
Nice meet you too. Here's a pic of your setup.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/USC%20-vs-%20Cal/DSC00233.jpg?t=1164649293

DaddyMack
11-27-2006, 09:52 AM
IMO.. USC will destroy UCLA.. just like Notre Dame. ND barely beat UCLA.
I grew up in an SC household... and am an SC fan fo sho. Although, when I was younger I did take a few classes at FUCLA because it was a Hellofalot cheaper....lol.. sticking a bruins bear under my dad's pillow at the time was worth it too.. hehe...
I agree that OS had a cake schedule compared to SC. The sportcasters seem to gloss over that fact a lot. I don't think the SC fans counted on this season given the young team...
Love the stat during the game that Carrol only lost one game in his tenure more than 7 points... and it was to ND in 2001. Whatever happens for the rest of the year... if SC gets beat it will be by a squeaker. Nice to have the Rose Bowl in your pocket though I have always considered that the big game till the BCS crap, prob a West Coast and SC thing...

USCFAN
11-27-2006, 10:32 AM
That's right Glendale, AZ here we come! Went to the game yesterday and it was awesome! The Trojans just walked right through the Irish! Tailgated from 9am till midnight! Hung out with USCFAN!.....What's up Floyd??
The wife and I are going to the UCLA game on Saturday! GO TROJANS!
Fight On!
bignet
Whats up Neto, What time you and the wife heading down to the game? We will be there Saturday.... Oh Yeah we got that ass...... FIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!

Boatcop
11-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Looks like A.D. has moved up in the world.
About 10 years ago I saw him in this exact same position at a little card table, signing autographs for $5 bucks a pop.
Except instead of the Coliseum, it was the WalMart in Yucca/Morongo Valley.
Pretty sad.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1676USC_NotreDame_AnthonyDavis.jpg

Havasu1986
11-27-2006, 11:41 AM
I bet A.D. was alot heavier then

Miss Managed Assets
11-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Amazing what gastric by-pass can do!
I'm hopeing to leave early on Suturday so we can watch the circus instead of being a part of it. :rollside: