PDA

View Full Version : Sunk the Rhino

HM
11-25-2006, 10:18 AM
I just picked up my bling bling Rhino and was cruisen it out on Soggy Dry Lake when it spun out because the steering cable broke. The thing took on a bunch of dust and went straight to the bottom. I almost went down with it because I was belted in, but I got out just in time as the dust consumed it. So now, I got this rhino at the bottom of soggy dry lake, and the SBSO won't help me locate it because I am not a resident.
The hell of the matter is, I got this shit covered squirrel back at my office, and I don't know what to name it.

hoolign
11-25-2006, 10:28 AM
I just picked up my bling bling Rhino and was cruisen it out on Soggy Dry Lake when it spun out because the steering cable broke. The thing took on a bunch of dust and went straight to the bottom. I almost went down with it because I was belted in, but I got out just in time as the dust consumed it. So now, I got this rhino at the bottom of soggy dry lake, and the SBSO won't help me locate it because I am not a resident.
The hell of the matter is, I got this shit covered squirrel back at my office, and I don't know what to name it.
Glad your OK! ..anyone else in the Rhino with you? Need any help getting it out?
As for the squirrel.. Dia may be able to offer some suggestions! I woul personally name it Guadalupee Sanchez the third!

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Was it insured? :crossx: :p

Get415
11-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Sounds legit to me! So you want some money to get that thing out and cleaned up or what...

OCMerrill
11-25-2006, 10:35 AM
We were out there @ soggy two weekends ago. I lost my motorhome to a huge wave of dust. Next thing I knew....Gone
We knew it was there by the chairs floating on the surface.
That lake can be a bitch in the afternoon. 100' high dust rollers :crossx: :crossx:
Glad Holy made it out OK.

76ANTHONY
11-25-2006, 10:35 AM
where do i send the check...glad you got out in the nick of time, wheeew that was close...and the squirell, yeah give it to dia, she loves em... :crossx:

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 10:38 AM
I am a trained dirt diver for a mere 10K I can locate it for you and set out some orange cones. :p :p

HM
11-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I am a trained dirt diver....
Did you just say that out loud?

hoolign
11-25-2006, 10:51 AM
I am a trained dirt diver for a mere 10K I can locate it for you and set out some orange cones. :p :p
Can we get a moderator in here?? Jesus H Christ!

HM
11-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Update - I just contacted Racecar.hotshoe dirt divers recovery. They are only interested in the shit covered squirrel. But, they will take a payment plan. They are going to attempt recovery this weekend, unless there is wind, or the sun is shining, or it is night, or it is a day of the week ending with day, or it is a month that has atleast 28 days in it. I am so excited this is almost over.

hoolign
11-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Update - I just contacted Racecar.hotshoe dirt divers recovery. They are only interested in the shit covered squirrel. But, they will take a payment plan. They are going to attempt recovery this weekend, unless there is wind, or the sun is shining, or it is night, or it is a day of the week ending with day, or it is a month that has atleast 28 days in it. I am so excited this is almost over.
and if it rains?? Who will volenteer to get into the mud for you?
:rollside:

ratso
11-25-2006, 10:57 AM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

ratso
11-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Can we get a moderator in here?? Jesus H Christ!
Oh my FUKKIN" GAWD!!!
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!! :crossx:

datdude
11-25-2006, 11:02 AM
I am so glad I checked in today....so much funny chiat going on in the sand bar today.

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Due to my very tight schedule I will not be able to look for it this week or next or even the week after but some day I will. :rolleyes: :p

HM
11-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Due to my very tight schedule I will not be able to look for it this week or next or even the week after but some day I will. :rolleyes: :p
Never mind, it was recovered a long time ago. Can you still fax over the quote?

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Never mind, it was recovered a long time ago. Can you still fax over the quote?
Whats a fax?I got one of these....
http://www.etch-a-sketch.com/assets/images/classic.gif

HM
11-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Whats a fax?I got one of these....
http://www.etch-a-sketch.com/assets/images/classic.gif
Is that an MSD box?

ratso
11-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Is that an MSD box?
No Idiot!!! That's what later was using to locate his sunk boat... Geezus!

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Is that an MSD box?
Yep it sure is but its broke and they wont take it back. :p

Flyinbowtie
11-25-2006, 12:11 PM
There has got to be somebody here you can sue over this. If this was government property you were on when this senseless tragedy struck, you may have hit the big jackpot.
Clearly the owner of the property failed in his/hers/their responsibilty to properly mark, flag, fence and secure the proerty to prevent senseless tragedies like this from occurring.
I am certain you are suffering from serious nightmares, loss of income, and other actionable emotional and mental anguish.
I suggest you keep a log, documenting your struggle to live with the pain.
A copy may be necessary for your attorney.

OCMerrill
11-25-2006, 12:22 PM
You know this whole thing would not have happened if your wife would keep herself up a little better, do housework, and quit yelling at the kids.
You don't know it yet but soon you will have three jobs and make over $150k a year. When that happens you can say it was lifted by some other dirt packer, claim the BLM already got it out, and spam for a new one.
I might be interested in your trailer.

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 12:23 PM
You know this whole thing would not have happened if your wife would keep herself up a little better, do housework, and quit yelling at the kids.
You don't know it yet but soon you will have three jobs and make over $150k a year. When that happens you can say it was lifted by some other dirt packer, claim the BLM already got it out, and spam for a new one.
I might be interested in your trailer.
ROTFLMAO..Priceless. :p

HM
11-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Update:
Turns out the cones the Racecar.hotshoe dirt divers placed out to mark the location were stolen. We have the GPS coordinates, but with the currents this time of year, the Rhino could have moved to a deeper part of the dry lake bed. It is about .25" deeper in the middle, and now would require decompression chambers and a billet BBQ. Cool thing is that I just got a 6th job that I have the potential to make $500K a year. It is really simple, I just help people save money on items they buy every day, and then find two people who want help people save money and make a little extra money by teaching them exactly what I learned. Then, after a few koolaid drinking sessions and hearing success stories that are not true, I will be making $500K in my pajamas.

djunkie
11-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Update:
Turns out the cones the Racecar.hotshoe dirt divers placed out to mark the location were stolen. We have the GPS coordinates, but with the currents this time of year, the Rhino could have moved to a deeper part of the dry lake bed. It is about .25" deeper in the middle, and now would require decompression chambers and a billet BBQ. Cool thing is that I just got a 6th job that I have the potential to make $500K a year. It is really simple, I just help people save money on items they buy every day, and then find two people who want help people save money and make a little extra money by teaching them exactly what I learned. Then, after a few koolaid drinking sessions and hearing success stories that are not true, I will be making $500K in my pajamas.
When you were a kid did people refer to you as "special"?

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Update:
"Pimping pays" :p

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 01:54 PM
When you were a kid did people refer to you as "special"?
And still do. :rollside:

HM
11-25-2006, 02:06 PM
"Pimping pays" :p
You trick two ho's, and they trick two ho's, and so on and so on and so on!!!

HM
11-25-2006, 02:15 PM
O.k.. turns out there were 3 Rhinos recovered the same week mine was sunk. The ranger only had loose descriptions, and someone was scene driving into the lake area with an empty enclosed trailer....well, we don't know if it was empty, but we were suspicious. Why would someone bring and enclosed trailer to the desert? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

HM
11-25-2006, 02:35 PM
update.
racecar.hotshoe dirt divers will take the shit covered squirrel as full payment. I am so excited this is almost over.

Forkin' Crazy
11-25-2006, 02:40 PM
You guys ever consider writting for the soaps? :idea:

HM
11-25-2006, 02:42 PM
You guys ever consider writting for the soaps? :idea:
I was considering writing for kramer.

Devil's Advocate
11-25-2006, 02:57 PM
LMAO you guys. :D Nice to check back in here and see some funny shit. :p

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 02:59 PM
update.
racecar.hotshoe dirt divers will take the shit covered squirrel as full payment. I am so excited this is almost over.
Hey your fricken squirrel bounced.Now what? :idea: :crossx:

HM
11-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey your fricken squirrel bounced.Now what? :idea: :crossx:
He probably just went outside for a smoke.

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 03:03 PM
He probably just went outside for a smoke.
I hate it when he does that.

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Found him....
http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/236396809

Rexone
11-25-2006, 04:19 PM
update.
HM please let me know when you're gonna recover it. I want to make sure I'm out there in my quadruple MSD6AL equipped Jeep to film the action. I even have an MSD4 on my Nikon for some high powered shots. Please let me know if there's any railroad crossings nearby though. I have a real phobia of trains.

OCMerrill
11-25-2006, 04:21 PM
This is starting to drag on. It's almost two full pages and still no Rhino. :crossx:
I am starting to think were all being scammed.
Maybe there was no Rhino in the first place. Just maybe it was a Golf Cart that lost all its value because of the Rhino craze? Why would any dirt diver recover a dirt logged golf cart for monthly shit covered Squirrels.
This could be fraud...you need to refund the shit covered varmint. :boxed:

OCMerrill
11-25-2006, 04:23 PM
HM please let me know when you're gonna recover it. I want to make sure I'm out there in my quadruple MSD6AL equipped Jeep to film the action. I even have an MSD4 on my Nikon for some high powered shots. Please let me know if there's any railroad crossings nearby though. I have a real phobia of trains.
I know where there is a train video that is sure to send you straight to the med bottle. :rollside:
And...there is no Rhino.

GHT
11-25-2006, 04:26 PM
I think we should take up donations to help HM. It's a good cause and besides, I will be responsible for getting the money to him. Just PM me and I will tell everyone where to send all the money.. :rolleyes: :)

Rexone
11-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I know where there is a train video that is sure to send you straight to the med bottle. :rollside:
And...there is no Rhino.
I gotta tell ya that was some edge of the seat stuff there. I almost had to take some extra digitalis to control my heart rate.

Rexone
11-25-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm going to send HM $300 just because I think the whole thing is ironic.

GHT
11-25-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm going to send HM $300 just because I think the whole thing is ironic.
Rexone, don't be a cowboy about the money and send it directly to HM. You will need to do as everyone else is going to do and send it to me. I will make sure he gets all the monies donated.. :cool:

HM
11-25-2006, 04:36 PM
GHT is my consigliary (sp?). He will also stand in for when ever anyone wants to kick this midget's ass. :D

OKIE-JET
11-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Dont know about yall but my check is in the mail!

HM
11-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Dont know about yall but my check is in the mail!
Thanks honey. I mean, stranger I have never met before.

Todd969
11-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about the Rhino Holy! Hope Mark recovers it soon. If it's a salvage can I buy the MSDCDI box?

HM
11-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about the Rhino Holy! Hope Mark recovers it soon. If it's a salvage can I buy the MSDCDI box?
I just talked to Wes down at trident boats, and he has a recovery plan he calls Shock and Awe. For some reason they want to blind fold and had me take a blood test?

racecar.hotshoe
11-25-2006, 06:27 PM
We went out today and it was to windy. :crossx:

73kona455
11-26-2006, 12:06 AM
salvage company going to let you pay their fee out monthly?

HM
11-30-2006, 06:37 PM
O.k. My cousin is about to come on here and be a bad ass for you holymoly haters. Just so you know, I did refund boatfloating all of the $20,000 that he donated. We still haven't been able to relocate the rhino as the wind has just been too crazy.

Wheeler
11-30-2006, 07:08 PM
I got first dib, on the trailer! 300.00 bucks, correct?

HM
11-30-2006, 08:05 PM
BrianB has offered to rebuild the carb if I give him a piece of polished billet. Damn that dude drives a hard bargain!!!!

Riverkid
11-30-2006, 08:13 PM
:crossx:

HM
11-30-2006, 08:27 PM
I'll can throw some trick paint on it. I don't do very good work, but I charge a lot http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5227/whistleon7.gif (http://imageshack.us)
Will you take payments in shit covered squirrels?

Thorsinc
11-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Hr. HolyMoly,
Please don’t take advantage of these kind people on this rhino forum. I know you have been out to scam these good people of their money, since you lost your job as the fluffer at the donkey show down in TJ. If you continue these antics and not use the 3 dollar bill I gave you for waxing your back, I am going to be forced to ask you to return it.
And don’t think for a second I won’t start a letter campaign to PETA informing them what you are doing to those squirrels!
At this point I would advise you to seek he help of Later to redeem your self on this forum

work2play
11-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Peta's lawyers have been notified. Seems that there wasn't a life jacket on the squirrel at the time the cable broke. Never mind the fact the squirrel was at the scene.

EAZYKILLER2006
11-30-2006, 10:05 PM
This is starting to drag on. It's almost two full pages and still no Rhino. :crossx:
I am starting to think were all being scammed.
Maybe there was no Rhino in the first place. Just maybe it was a Golf Cart that lost all its value because of the Rhino craze? Why would any dirt diver recover a dirt logged golf cart for monthly shit covered Squirrels.
This could be fraud...you need to refund the shit covered varmint. :boxed:
wheres whats his name the posterer guy dude who says wheres the pics or what ever he says about pics? or did i just miss that and he already said it?
WE NEED PICS!

Baja Big Dog
12-01-2006, 10:17 AM
But I thought that Soggy DRY lake was .....hey wait a minute I think I know whats going on here!!!

Mr. C
12-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Found him....
http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/236396809
Hey give me my sh*t back
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/tinkerbelle/th_squirrelattack.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/tinkerbelle/squirrelattack.jpg)

Froggystyle
12-01-2006, 10:55 AM
I just talked to Wes down at trident boats, and he has a recovery plan he calls Shock and Awe. For some reason they want to blind fold and had me take a blood test?
If you provide the shovels, I will go get the Rhino for you. All you will owe me is beer.
Oh, and I think I ate your chocolate squirrel HM...

Old Texan
12-01-2006, 11:16 AM
This whole damn story sounds awful suspicious to me. I pulled out my whole back issue collection of Hot Rhinos and reread every article in the Rhino Tech section and never once saw or heard any indication of a steering cable breaking on a Rhino.......
I think there's been some "Rhino Abuse" going on out there Mr Moly and I think that squirrel knows damn well what yer up to. There ain't enough nuts in the whole SW to keep that squirrel happy and shut up and I think you know it.
I'm petitioning the authorities to get up there right away and get that squirrel depositioned, then you'll have to 'fess up. Mistreatin' Rhinos AND squirrels like that just don't go around mister....
We got diggers fella, we'll get that Rhino up, unless of course the wind doesn't die down some, but we'll get it sooner or LATER....
Damn crazy asse Rhino drivers, son a b----s
Where hells' Cupid when ya need 'er???????????????????

yopengo
12-01-2006, 11:38 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20532&stc=1
:crossx:

Bense468
12-01-2006, 11:43 AM
You should get a second job that makes twice what your primary job makes...and PM a guy named searcher to help you out.

yopengo
12-01-2006, 12:14 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20533&stc=1 :crossx:

HM
12-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Look people. I am not scamming anyone. I am a honest hard working christian.
The squirell is actually a close relative and I would NEVER do anything to put my own family in harms way. In fact, the squirell will be posting about my heroric actions as the rhino sunk and how unselfish I am and only thought of others before myself, even though I nearly died. I am that kind of guy.

Jane
12-01-2006, 05:54 PM
stop bashing holymly.he is going thru hard times and needs our suport.My check is in tha male rite now. whut is a rino?

deltaAce
12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
stop bashing holymly.he is going thru hard times and needs our suport.My check is in tha male rite now. whut is a rino?
Is that YOU HolyMoly, using another alias I see!

deltaAce
12-01-2006, 06:10 PM
HolyMoly, I think at this point you should probably just leave the Rhino covered in sand. The recovery cost, combined with the cost of restoring the sand incrusted parts on the Rhino would easily surpass the cost of a good used replacement Rhino. I heard that blowncarrera has a really nice one, just like yours, & he's selling it cheap!!!

HM
12-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Is that YOU HolyMoly, using another alias I see!
don't be starting any rumors.just because a newbie posts out of the blue in my support and has the same grammar and punctuation.you guys are so mean.

HM
12-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Oh, and I think I ate your chocolate squirrel HM...
now what am I gonna take to the pants party?

sdpm
12-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I think I located it, now we just need some help getting it out!
http://www.africapictures.com/03wildlife/rhino/gamepark07-27-2001-rhino.jpg
http://www.africapictures.com/03wildlife/rhino/Hluhluwe27Jan01-rhinostandingmud.jpg

HM
12-10-2006, 02:16 PM
I was out at Soggy Dry Lake this weekend, and someone stole the cones again!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
We were in the middle of setting up sonar and the wind picked up. That dry lake gets really rough when the wind picks up.
Then, Jerry Penhall makes a run in a new 4 seater doing 121 mph. That has nothing to do with my sunk rhino, I just had to mention that his new "play" car is focking fast!!!