PDA

View Full Version : Our new addition

Mrs. casean
01-23-2006, 09:30 AM
She's a 5 year old lab that we got from the Lab rescue in Temecula... we just got her yesterday so she's a little excited and anxious but is calming down. She's such a loving dog and loves to lean on us! She was not shy what-so-ever when she first saw us and walked into our house. One of her owners developed heart disease and couldn't care for her anymore. She is quite active for a 5 year old! She's a short-but-chunky girl but we'll work on her weight and get her to a healthy size :) She's at least 80 pounds! So I think we got a good dog! :)
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10722&stc=1

Windy
01-23-2006, 09:32 AM
I want that dog...rescue dogs make the best pets...congrats, she beautiful. She looks very happy.

HOOTER SLED-
01-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Quick. Hide this thread. :D
Congrats. Cute doggie.

topless
Awww what a cutie......

pixilatedpussy
She's a 5 year old lab that we got from the Lab rescue in Temecula... we just got her yesterday so she's a little excited and anxious but is calming down. She's such a loving dog and loves to lean on us! She was not shy what-so-ever when she first saw us and walked into our house. One of her owners developed heart disease and couldn't care for her anymore. She is quite active for a 5 year old! She's a short-but-chunky girl but we'll work on her weight and get her to a healthy size :) She's at least 80 pounds! So I think we got a good dog! :)
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10722&stc=1
She is adorable! :p Congrats!!!

piper
01-23-2006, 09:34 AM
She is beautiful. That's great that you guys adopted her!

Big Kahunaa
01-23-2006, 09:38 AM
That's bitchen we wanted to rescue a boxer but they would not let us because we lived to far from phoenix gongrat's on the new dog the pet world needs more people like you

dicudmore
01-23-2006, 09:39 AM
cool :D
good looking dog, congrats Linds :cool:

JB in so cal
01-23-2006, 09:45 AM
Take her to the river, throw the ball/frisbee/toy about 1000 times. She'll be just fine...
Congrats.

Mrs. casean
01-23-2006, 09:47 AM
That's bitchen we wanted to rescue a boxer but they would not let us because we lived to far from phoenix gongrat's on the new dog the pet world needs more people like you
They do have a boxer at the place we got her :D Not sure if they care how far you are?
I've always had adopted dogs from the rescue centers/shelters and they have been great dogs! So we were happy to rescue one and make her a part of our family... we'll see how she likes the river this summer!! :D

PHX ATC
01-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Good looking poochie. I'm sure she'll appreciate being in a loving home with some ole fashioned fun thrown her way.
:rollside:

BarryMac
01-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Nice!!! She is one good looking dog Linds, congrats...

Mrs. casean
01-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Take her to the river, throw the ball/frisbee/toy about 1000 times. She'll be just fine...
Congrats.
Seriously!!! She's got her tennis balls she loves, I want to get a frisbee and see how she does w/ that. She'll be better in a few weeks I'm sure! She really is a good looking dog though. I love her boxy head!

Sleek-Jet
01-23-2006, 09:57 AM
who's the big shweety pie??? :D :D :D
That's a big smile that dog has... glad she's going to a good home. :D

Totally IncapASSitated
01-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey Lindsay-
She looks like a cutie and look at that smile on her face!!! What's her name???
That's great that you guys got her from the rescue...plenty of great dogs out there looking for a good home :)

JetBoatRich
01-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Nice Looking Lab!

Mrs. casean
01-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Hey Lindsay-
She looks like a cutie and look at that smile on her face!!! What's her name???
That's great that you guys got her from the rescue...plenty of great dogs out there looking for a good home :)
Her name is Lacey. We kept her name since she's been that for 5 years :D We don't want to confuse her anymore than she is w/ a new home. She really smiles! Her tongue is sooo long! It curls when she keeps it in her mouth! Lots of great dogs out there that need new homes... she's proof! We feel like new parents though w/o any sleep last night! She just has to get used to her new surroundings and she'll settle down.

BarryMac
01-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Her name is Lacey. We kept her name since she's been that for 5 years :D We don't want to confuse her anymore than she is w/ a new home.
Can I call her Lacey underpants??? :D :D :D

Mrs. casean
01-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Can I call her Lacey underpants??? :D :D :D
No! :rolleyes: :p

Big Kahunaa
01-23-2006, 10:19 AM
They do have a boxer at the place we got her :D Not sure if they care how far you are?
I've always had adopted dogs from the rescue centers/shelters and they have been great dogs! So we were happy to rescue one and make her a part of our family... we'll see how she likes the river this summer!! :D
most places won't go out of state we checked with places in cali we just went a bought onehttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3167mallory_in_the_laundry.jpg

NOTALENT
01-23-2006, 10:21 AM
ahhh...that dog looks sooooo happy...congrats on the new family addititon.....oh and yeah...you still have time to hide the thread before mrs.hootersleds come on.... :rollside:

Big Warlock
01-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Beautiful dog! Bet she is happy to be adopted by you guys! She will be great at the lake!!!! congrats!!!

Mrs. casean
01-23-2006, 10:27 AM
most places won't go out of state we checked with places in cali we just went a bought onehttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3167mallory_in_the_laundry.jpg
That's understandable! You got a cutie too though!!! And I'm sure he/she is super happy to have you now :D

essexjet
01-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Congrats to you and Sean on the new edition. Cant wait to see her out in Glamis.

Mrs.Racer277
01-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Linds congrats on the new baby. :) She is really cute.

Mrs. casean
01-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Congrats to you and Sean on the new edition. Cant wait to see her out in Glamis.
You'll see here out there! I just hope she is good there. We will find out! This weekend will be our tester weekend... glad it's an off weekend! We may just head to Ocotillo since we'll have the Rhino and want to play w/ that all weekend... and it would be less crowded around camp for us to introduce the dog to the desert... we'll see.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Awwwww! She has such a sweet face! Glad to see you found one. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with her.

hotsand65
01-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Hello,
I live in Murrieta and am looking to get an older lab for my son and our other little hyper puppy that needs a pal - can you give me the name of the place you went?

riverroyal
01-23-2006, 05:48 PM
sean was glad you didnt come over here with him,our yellow lab pup was here,looks like you got one,,,,thats great.

JB in so cal
01-23-2006, 05:53 PM
sean was glad you didnt come over here with him,our yellow lab pup was here,looks like you got one,,,,thats great.
How much is Lucy up to???
I've done this: step on the scale and get your weight; pick up the dog and step back on...

JB in so cal
01-23-2006, 05:54 PM
How much is Lucy up to???
I've done this: step on the scale and get your weight; pick up the dog and step back on...
Better bring her up for Superbowl!

BarryMac
01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Lacey Underpants... :D :D :D

PHX ATC
01-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Let's see some more pics of Lacey UPants!

sea2lake
01-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Swweeeeeet

Miss Managed Assets
01-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Congrats. She's really cute, and glad she found a good home!

bakerjet
01-23-2006, 08:54 PM
take her hunting! :)

Raskal
01-23-2006, 10:25 PM
cute dog .be sure you bring the sun block if you take him to the lake .have to becarefull with the white ones

Mrs. casean
01-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Hello,
I live in Murrieta and am looking to get an older lab for my son and our other little hyper puppy that needs a pal - can you give me the name of the place you went?
I went online to the website for Retrievers and Friends (http://www.retrieversandfriends.com/) and found here there! They just communicate through email and I submitted an application on Friday afternoon and had an email to meet me around 5 that day! It was really quick! The lady that contacted me was Liz and very helpful and informative. She has her first car ride today! The rescue center gives you a packet and names of two vets you can take the dog in for a free wellness exam so that's where we're headed this evening :D She is just sooo loveable!

Mrs. casean
01-24-2006, 10:29 AM
He told me I'd would love your dog! Glad I didn't... bit I got my own now :D

Mrs. casean
01-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Better bring her up for Superbowl!
What's going on for Superbowl?

riverroyal
01-25-2006, 04:08 PM
What's going on for Superbowl?
he will be hugging everyone.Im not sure of my plans yet,wife is working!!!

Mrs. 4-B
01-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Sweet dog! So cool that you rescued her. labs are the best. I have a black lab named Max and he is my baby! You'll have a lot of fun with her!

JB in so cal
01-25-2006, 04:35 PM
he will be hugging everyone.Im not sure of my plans yet,wife is working!!!
I'm making plans for you, birthday boy :crossx: You better come up. She can come up after work; game doesn't start until 3:30...

riverroyal
01-25-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm making plans for you, birthday boy :crossx: You better come up. She can come up after work; game doesn't start until 3:30...
If you are you better call me,Im a heart patient,I may need to run this by my DR,,,,

Ziggy
01-25-2006, 04:45 PM
So adorable Linds.....Labs are the greatest!!!! Both my dogs were saved from the pound.......and they're the best.
btw--never mind what I said in the PM, now I know better :rolleyes: :D

Mrs. casean
01-25-2006, 04:47 PM
So adorable Linds.....Labs are the greatest!!!! Both my dogs were saved from the pound.......and they're the best.
btw--never mind what I said in the PM, now I know better :rolleyes: :D
Will do :D I already responded though :p She's been better each day... she's getting a little more calmer. She just needs to realize she's home and not to worry about going somewhere else. She'll get there. She's just so darn loveable and wants to be right on your lap or leaning on your leg or in your shadow! IT's funny but hard to get things done right now :D She's getting there though.

Nubbs
01-25-2006, 09:03 PM
She just has to get used to her new surroundings and she'll settle down.
Hopefully. Sean says she's pretty active right now.

Mrs. casean
01-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Hopefully. Sean says she's pretty active right now.
:D Yes she is! Right now she's prancing around w/ a toy she just shredded apart! :rolleyes: I'm sticking to the rubber toys from now on :D She is getting much better though... here's new pic :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10796&stc=1

Phat Matt
01-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Very cool. Both our pets were strays and they have been the best! When you take her to the desert make sure she is on a leash. You never know what might scare them and she still doesn't know you real well if she got lost.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC00573.JPG

a catered life
01-26-2006, 07:52 AM
congrats on the awesome looking dog i havent had a dog for some years now but i think its time to add one to the family :p

Mrs. casean
01-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Very cool. Both our pets were strays and they have been the best! When you take her to the desert make sure she is on a leash. You never know what might scare them and she still doesn't know you real well if she got lost.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC00573.JPG
Thanks Matt! I bought a long training cord so she can be in the circle at camp and still feel apart of us and not sooo restricted. So I'm sure she'll be on that most of the time. That's awesome both of yours were strays... glad to see others taking in pets too :D

Mrs. casean
01-26-2006, 08:15 AM
congrats on the awesome looking dog i havent had a dog for some years now but i think its time to add one to the family :p
Thanks! You should get one! They liven up the family :D