PDA

View Full Version : Tempur-pedic

Eliminator 4 Life
11-26-2006, 08:16 AM
I was wondering if anyone has one or ever slept on one what they thought about them. Thinking about getting the celebrity

Danhercules
11-26-2006, 08:24 AM
I got one. LOVE IT! Best bed I have ever slept on.

nextel4u
11-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I have had mine for about 2 months and I love it. I sleep better than ever

Eliminator 4 Life
11-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Thanks guys.

Todd969
11-26-2006, 08:52 AM
:idea: preparing for something to ease the pain in your back after you get that RHINO?

Beer-30
11-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Wife and I just started with the pillows. So far, I like it. Gonna give the pillows a solid run before considering a whole bed.

Eliminator 4 Life
11-26-2006, 08:58 AM
:idea: preparing for something to ease the pain in your back after you get that RHINO?
Yes sir

2Driver
11-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Have 3" layer built in as a pillow top. They insulate your body warmth so if you are a warm sleeper you get warmer. Crank the A/C

bigq
11-26-2006, 09:07 AM
We were doing to get one, but ended up with the sleep number bed instead. We liked that it can be adjusted for both sides. They have various versions and you can also put a thinner Tempur-pedic on top if wanted. The only bad thing i heard about them is they really don't let the body breath much so they have a tendency to sleep warmer.

RitcheyRch
11-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I have always wondered about those beds. We are considering one of those as well as the sleep number bed. Heard there are a few high end hotels across the country that have the sleep number beds. Guess should find one and stay the night there to see if we like it.

Eliminator 4 Life
11-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Was gonna buy the select comfort myself tell I read this..
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/furniture/select.html

RitcheyRch
11-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Interesting and thanks. Always wondered about those 30-60 day buy back guarantees. How can a company buy back something that is considered hazardous waste.
Was gonna buy the select comfort myself tell I read this..
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/furniture/select.html

Eliminator 4 Life
11-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Interesting and thanks. Always wondered about those 30-60 day buy back guarantees. How can a company buy back something that is considered hazardous waste.
No problem I was ready to go buy one yesterday came home to think about it and did some looking on the net and I found several sies that talked abou the mold and the air leaks. First of all mold is not good to breathe let alone be in your bed. That sounds like a law suit waiting to happen. So I think Im gonna buy the new pillow top tempur pedic..

Cole Sanger
11-26-2006, 09:53 AM
We have had ours for a couple of years now. I have to say that it is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. It actually fixes my back every night that I sleep in it. As far as the sleeping hotter statement, this is how it was explained to me: Normal beds don't let your feet or other body parts get good circulation. With the Tempur-pedic bed, your body evens out and you get good blood circulation. This is why on normal beds you usually have a sheet or blanket on your feet and or legs. The sheet or blanket are not always needed on the Tempur-pedic. I do strongly suggest that if you buy a Tempur-pedic bed that you invest in a great water-proof matress pad. Helps when your wife drools. Don't tell her I said that. I suggest going to a bed store and lay on one for about five minutes. If you don't want one after that, I don't know what to tell you. Good luck.

bigq
11-26-2006, 10:00 AM
well I can't say about the single mattress, we have the dual chamber and no issues with rolling to each side. They do have a kinda crater when you have it to soft on one side and higher on the other. The border in the middle seems to stop this problem on ours. I aked about the mold ( with all the beds we looked at) and most including the Sleep number use a polyester fabric (can't remember the name) that is impervious to mold and mildew, I suppose if you spill or pee in you bed it would create a problem. :rollside: We also did not use one of the bottom frames they have since we had a waterbed frame we only bought the Sleep Number mattress. The adjustments work just fine for us (the digital ones).
I am sure you will be happy with the Tempur-pedic there were many things we didn't like about it, but its a personal preferance I guess. If you search the internet you will find many other companies make that type of bed with the same material for far less than the Tempur-Pedic brand.

wompom1
11-26-2006, 10:06 AM
have had for 3 years and will not go back to a reg bed. We do much traveling and experience some very nice beds but have not been as pleased as our tempur. kinda spoiled.
Tough part is is that it is hard to get out of bed because it is so comfortable and supportive plus no more lower back problems-period.
making love is a new and fun experience on this type of bed-new techniques are in order :rollside:

marty722
11-26-2006, 11:47 AM
a comfortaire in the house and in the rv. Love them both and I have a bad back. Just my 02 cents.

MBlaster
11-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Been on a Tempur for over 5 years. I've had just about every kind of bed. They are the best. Still no memory, every night is like the first night. Air beds suck. As far as the warm bed thing, it was never a issue. I always thought it was nice not getting in a cold bed, and if you get up for 5-10 minutes after its warmed up, the bed is still cozy to get back into. We use regular pillows, not tempur pillows.

Thorsinc
11-26-2006, 12:01 PM
We have the 10” king size matters at home and the only regret I have is I wish I had bought it sooner. We got one for Havasu and purchased the 8” and my wife complains of discomfort with that one. I guess size matters

Eliminator 4 Life
11-26-2006, 12:36 PM
We have the 10” king size matters at home and the only regret I have is I wish I had bought it sooner. We got one for Havasu and purchased the 8” and my wife complains of discomfort with that one. I guess size matters
Thats why im buying the big bad boy first :)

bonesfab
11-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Have had one for about 8 months. Went with the cal king 10" thick and love it. Really does spoil you when you have to sleep in something else.

PaPaG
11-26-2006, 01:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone has one or ever slept on one what they thought about them. Thinking about getting the celebrity
We got a king sized 10" about 3 years ago, slept much better the very first night, after 20 years of bad sleeping I wish we bought one sooner. We like it so much we bought another one for the river house to. Family member has the 8" and it is not as comfortable, friend has the 13" and a little to soft.
The only problem with these beds are that you get very spoiled.......

HammerDown
11-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Is the above a foam type mattress?
If so I tried one at my local bedding store, don't think it was a "Tempur-Pedic"...but after I sunk in a few inches I thought it was kinda tough to roll over or get out of the bed.

PaPaG
11-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Is the above a foam type mattress?
If so I tried one at my local bedding store, don't think it was a "Tempur-Pedic"...but after I sunk in a few inches I thought it was kinda tough to roll over or get out of the bed.
It is that space age foam that NASA uses and it forms to your body, it does take a week or two to get used to. There are lots of copy cats out there but none that I have tried form and recover as well as the original. I have a bad back and the pain in the morning is roughly 70% less since we got the bed.

Eliminator 4 Life
11-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Well I just got the celebrity with the pillow top and the cashmere(sp) cover. Should be here next weekend.

RitcheyRch
11-26-2006, 02:35 PM
I know all about mold. Had to sell a house due to mold. Is really tough on someone with asthma. Think might have to go check out the Tempur Pedic beds
No problem I was ready to go buy one yesterday came home to think about it and did some looking on the net and I found several sies that talked abou the mold and the air leaks. First of all mold is not good to breathe let alone be in your bed. That sounds like a law suit waiting to happen. So I think Im gonna buy the new pillow top tempur pedic..

SK48
11-26-2006, 05:22 PM
We have three temperdic mattress's at home. My wife and daughter think
they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. It is not my choice, I would
try one first if possible. I've been sleeping on one for four years and really
don't like it, I prefer something a lot firmer.

THATJEFFGUY
11-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Well I just got the celebrity with the pillow top and the cashmere(sp) cover. Should be here next weekend.
I'm looking for a new mattress...how much did you pay ? Who has the best prices on them ?

Eliminator 4 Life
11-26-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm looking for a new mattress...how much did you pay ? Who has the best prices on them ?
the 10' deluxe is 2600 and some change. The one I bought was 3500 and some change...

centerhill condor
11-27-2006, 05:16 AM
had mine for about a year...like broadband, you'll never go back to dialing!

HammerDown
12-27-2006, 01:23 PM
... many other companies make that type of bed with the same material for far less than the Tempur-Pedic brand.
Been looking into a new bed, just went to 3 retailers...Mattress Factory(seemed the best), Sleepies, Mattress Giant. And true, there are other manufactures that use the "SAME EXACT" foam for their mattresses as Tempur-Pedic for a lot less.
But what I've come to find, while the "Tempur-Pedic" type foam does hold your body heat and create what some say an uncomfortable hot feeling during the night, there is now a Latex Foam top Mattress that manufactures like (Durmia) use that gives you the same "feel/support" as Tempur...BUT...does not feel warm and will last much longer then the Tempur type foam. Oh and also, the Latex foam has a much faster pop-back time then the others...I did like it better.
Ya know, this crap is more difficult then purchasing a car:hammer2:

Captain Dan
12-27-2006, 02:36 PM
I have the exact same setup for 2 years now. You will not regret your purchase. You'll need some extra deep pocket fitted sheets.