PDA

View Full Version : Anybody live in Green Bay?

chub
11-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Goin to watch the Packers play the Lions in a couple weeks.
Wanna know where to go?
Where NOT to go ETC.
All help appreciated.

Goldilocks
11-27-2006, 06:54 PM
No, but we are going to see them play in San Francisco in two weeks :)
Hope you have a great time though and I hope the Pack wins :)

Trailer Park Casanova
11-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Went to a MFG's training seminar there about 3 years ago.
DUI checkpoints Wednesday morning at 8:33 AM and the Leos had hooked up a mobil jailbuss full of drunk drivers.
Hold that thought.
Town is full of bars and we left with the impression it's all good, except the Polka Music bars were a bit over the top and a older, slower clientel.
Titletown Bar and Grill near Lambau field, and the Cock and Bull on Main St. were pretty good hangouts.
Several good sports bars with really good cheap food around the stadium.
Everyone is cool. Like Canada with the same accents, no worries.
Prices are really resonable last I was there.

DaddyMack
11-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Don't forget the Stadium Club.. and if you want a lot of bars take a side trip South to Appleton.... I think they have more bars per capita then anywhere in the US ..lol
Green Bay is my team through thick and thin... ugh...
Everybody is super nice there you will make friends easily and probably be invited to several tailgates!!
Next to Brett Farve's Steak House you will see a flag flying that says "SPAM" stop in and tell them that Steve (me) and Sam from Vegas say hi! THey will have home made Sausage and no doubt invite you to join! Bonus.. one of them is the Budweiser distributor for Minn and Wis. :)

VEGASBABY
11-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Don't forget the Stadium Club.. and if you want a lot of bars take a side trip South to Appleton.... I think they have more bars per capita then anywhere in the US ..lol
Green Bay is my team through thick and thin... ugh...
Everybody is super nice there you will make friends easily and probably be invited to several tailgates!!
Next to Brett Farve's Steak House you will see a flag flying that says "SPAM" stop in and tell them that Steve (me) and Sam from Vegas say hi! THey will have home made Sausage and no doubt invite you to join! Bonus.. one of them is the Budweiser distributor for Minn and Wis. :)Good to know next time were up that way! Hows the boat comin daddymack

PACKERFAN
11-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Chub, I do not post here that often but this subject caught my attention. I am a huge Packer Fan and have season tickets at Lambeau. If you have never been before your are in for a great time. Here are a few of my favorite sopts: Pre-game and post-game: 1) Stadium View bar 2) The Bar 3)Anduzzis Bar. All of these are within walking distance of each other as well as the "march" to the stadium for the game. Live bands, drinks, food, etc. Bunch of crazy Packer fans.You are going to a noon game so get there early. 9am is late.
Get to the stadium 45min before kickoff. You will want to check it all out. Also make sure that you rent a seat cusion. The seating in the bowl is all bench seating and the seat cusions are a must.
Depending upon when you arrive in Green Bay, there are some other things to actually do there. If you like Hockey, The Green Bay Gamblers play at the Resch Center. This is a simi-pro team but is great hockey. Lots of fights! They usually play on Friday nights.
Downtown Green Bay is about 5 miles from Lambeau. There are several bars and places to eat. It is usually a good scene on Saturday nights before a game.
A place to eat for a real old school Lombardi experience would be Krolls. It is located accross from Lambeau. (Do not eat at Brett Favre's steakhouse. The food is horrible.)
If you have Saturday free, take a tour of Lambeau and the Packer Hall of Fame. This is closed on gamedays. The Packer Proshop is also an unforgetable experience. You will not believe how much money this place makes. Curley's pub is located upstairs from the Hall of Fame and Proshop and is a really good place to eat.
If you have any quistions just ask. I hope you have a great time.

DaddyMack
11-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Wow packerfan.. Season tickets I am jealous!! I have bought mine on ebay or had a client that had 50 yard line season tickets at one time...
Sorry.. Stadium View.. not CLub... best bar in that area IMO.
I do try and make one game a year there.. usually in Sept though :)) when its 75..lol..
And Yes.. the liquor stores open at 7 am if I remember right... (first in line:))
The tailgates start the night before and daybreak on game day!!!
Boat is coming along good! :)).... VegasBaby... waiting on bid for interior...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-28-2006, 09:36 AM
I was born in Chicago and we used to go to the Bears/Packers games in Green bay. I was only 5 years old at the time so I have nothing informative to contribute to this thread. :rollside:
Its cold there. Burrrrrr!! :boxed:

PACKERFAN
11-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Season tickets are fun but sometimes I forget I have them. Like right now. I have 2 tickets for this Sundays game against the New York Jets. For some reason I was thinking that I had 2 weeks to get rid of them. Anyone want to go to Lambeau?

TPI
11-28-2006, 05:53 PM
I am a huge Packer fan as well. We are also going to the San Francisco game in a couple weeks. We will be on the 50 yard line on the PACKER's side! We are supposed to go to lambeau next year. I wish I could get to GB this weekend, I would love to get those tickets for the Jets game!

Phat Matt
11-28-2006, 08:18 PM
I am a huge Packer fan as well. We are also going to the San Francisco game in a couple weeks. We will be on the 50 yard line on the PACKER's side! We are supposed to go to lambeau next year. I wish I could get to GB this weekend, I would love to get those tickets for the Jets game!
I was hoping to get some great seats being that my station owner (Willie Davis) is an ex-packer, but we just ended up with free seats. Works for me. We'll be in SF Friday night through Monday night. Can't wait! :)