PDA

View Full Version : Artic Cat Or Rhino Whats Better

2forcefull
11-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Which one goes in the dunes better, anyone with a artic cat wish they would have got a rhino?
whats the good or bad, I read that the artic comes with 14'' of travel stock
and that it's faster on flat ground
whats the real deal :confused:

2forcefull
11-28-2006, 07:16 AM
I havn't heard of any one roll'n a artic cat or even getting hurt for that matter
Is it just to be trendy to get a rhino even though the artic is better?

Todd969
11-28-2006, 07:17 AM
Do a search, this has been covered already. :)

2forcefull
11-28-2006, 07:18 AM
what about the ranger?

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Over the weekend we duned in Havasu and i was aired up fully in our Arctic Cat with no problems, it was a blast !!......we are 10 mph faster in stock form. they come with 14 inch wheels and yes we have 2inch more travel but the rhino is proven with yamaha as the backer, i personally like both for different reasons, bigger people (taller, phatter) will fit in the cat better than the rhino.
You can't go wrong either way................have fun with either way you go !! :)

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 07:26 AM
If you worry about trends in life then life as you know it will pass you by, especially in the boating and side by side game, enjoy life and get what makes you happy !!................who cares what people say, its that simple !! :)

bordsmnj
11-28-2006, 07:27 AM
honda hippo

2forcefull
11-28-2006, 07:45 AM
I don't care about the trends, look'n for performance comparisons, by the way I drive a dodge, that should tell you I like performance :cool:

2forcefull
11-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Do a search, this has been covered already. :)
I did the search dealio, all the thread were jacked with the people with out telephones that wait for a post then talk about what they had for dinner
look'n for an updated version from people that accually have one or the other

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 08:08 AM
I did the search dealio, all the thread were jacked with the people with out telephones that wait for a post then talk about what they had for dinner
look'n for an updated version from people that accually have one or the other
Welcome to ***boat
ARCTIC cat

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Thisis what I have been saying all along. That is why I bought a JEEP
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134348

Todd969
11-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Over the weekend we duned in Havasu and i was aired up fully in our Arctic Cat with no problems, it was a blast !!......we are 10 mph faster in stock form. they come with 14 inch wheels and yes we have 2inch more travel but the rhino is proven with yamaha as the backer, i personally like both for different reasons, bigger people (taller, phatter) will fit in the cat better than the rhino.
You can't go wrong either way................have fun with either way you go !! :)
great summary Doug. Both are good vehicles with different pros\cons.

Todd969
11-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Ya, me too :crossx: For a 4 seat family off-road vehicle, you made the right choice.
I still love my rhino though :p

Cole Trickle
11-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Pointless debate....
I would wager that there have been just as many injuries/fatalities per unit sold of Jeeps vs. Rhinos, Rangers and Artic Cats.
A jeep will not handle a highspeed turn any better than a sideXside.(Jeeps would be worse)
Stupidity will kill/hurt you no matter what your driving.

bordsmnj
11-28-2006, 09:57 AM
and for a full blown hijack i will venture the rumor that seat restraintrs of some sort were not used in these fatal accidents. i say this becuase i think it would be hard if not impossible to get your head or neck in the way of the rollbar when strapped in. for what some of you ballers are spending on rhino's you could just go buy a toyota 4x4(strip stock) and some fun tires.

shadow
11-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Gee wiz so you think a 13 year old girl in a jeep would be any safer?
Or driving over the edge of an embankment into the coachella canal with your jeep and drowning :eek: . What was the other one? driving it DOWN an embankment and gassing it while making a sharp left turn :messedup: that was probablly unsafe condition & beyond the 18 year old girls capabilities?
I think most of the accidents fatalities are driver error/driving beyond thier skills and or too fast for conditions.
Then you have to factor in the parents who think this is not a vehicle and think it's a toy and cut thier kids loose in them,would you put your kids in a jeep and say go have fun?Hell no cause the same thing would happen.
By the way congrats on the jeep now go get it dirty and keep the rubber down. :rollside:

2forcefull
11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
any way what did you have for dinner? there is like 9 threads about the wrecked rhinos.
does any one have an arctic cat

sigepmock
11-28-2006, 12:40 PM
any way what did you have for dinner? there is like 9 threads about the wrecked rhinos.
does any one have an arctic cat
I've driven both and have a Rhino. The Artic Cat is definately different than the Rhino. It had larger front seating area, it's almost a foot taller, stock it is faster and has more suspension travel. I'm not crazy about the looks of them but that's preference. I got the Rhino for several reasons. The Rhino handles better in my opinion, better balance and steering. There are a ton more Rhino upgrade parts out there and if you play it smart you can build a really nice Rhino for not all that much money, just have to be patient and look for deals. I added the four seat cage to our Rhino right away because I wanted to be able to have my daughter ride back there. I don't carry full sized adults back there and plan to only put small children back there because anything heavier adversely affects the Rhino's handling to the point of being dangerous.
I think you should ride in both before you decide, like I said they are very different. I haven't seen a four seater Artic Cat yet but I'm sure they are out there. Again...adding weight in the rear of either vehicle is going to greatly affect their handling.
If you are looking for a fun family vehicle to carry four full size passengers then you are better off looking at a used Jeep Cherokee or Jeep Wrangler, will these be able to go everywhere the Rhino or Artic Cat can....almost... will they do it safer....I say yes for four full sized passengers but they are only as safe as the person driving.
We love our Rhino and it suits our needs perfect for now. As the kid gets older and bigger we're eventually going to have to upgrade to something larger.
Just read the Dunes part......Rhino handles the dunes better in my opinion. That's why we originally got ours....to use in the dunes. Stock tires, with CDI, and good seat belts and they go just about everywhere.
Just my $.02,
Chris
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3644100_1244.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3644100_1241.JPG

Cole Trickle
11-28-2006, 12:46 PM
I've driven both and have a Rhino. The Artic Cat is definately different than the Rhino. It had larger front seating area, it's almost a foot taller, stock it is faster and has more suspension travel. I'm not crazy about the looks of them but that's preference. I got the Rhino for several reasons. The Rhino handles better in my opinion, better balance and steering. There are a ton more Rhino upgrade parts out there and if you play it smart you can build a really nice Rhino for not all that much money, just have to be patient and look for deals. I added the four seat cage to our Rhino right away because I wanted to be able to have my daughter ride back there. I don't carry full sized adults back there and plan to only put small children back there because anything heavier adversely affects the Rhino's handling to the point of being dangerous.
I think you should ride in both before you decide, like I said they are very different. I haven't seen a four seater Artic Cat yet but I'm sure they are out there. Again...adding weight in the rear of either vehicle is going to greatly affect their handling.
If you are looking for a fun family vehicle to carry four full size passengers then you are better off looking at a used Jeep Cherokee or Jeep Wrangler, will these be able to go everywhere the Rhino or Artic Cat can....almost... will they do it safer....I say yes for four full sized passengers but they are only as safe as the person driving.
We love our Rhino and it suits our needs perfect for now. As the kid gets older and bigger we're eventually going to have to upgrade to something larger.
Just my $.02,
Chris
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3644100_1244.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3644100_1241.JPG
pretty sure you tried to fight a guy that has a nice 4 seater;) :crossx:

sigepmock
11-28-2006, 12:47 PM
I think he tried to fight me......and I still blame you and Dan :)

Cole Trickle
11-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I think he tried to fight me......and I still blame you and Dan :)
I want to apologize for making you drink 48 beers and call all Artic Cat owners fags :p :crossx:
Next time I will try and control your actions better:D
To throw this thread back on topic....
I own a Rhino and really like it.
I have driven a Ranger and thought it was pretty cool. If I needed a work vehicle that held more than 2 people and I was going to leave it stock that would be my choice.
The Artic Cats seem to have alot of pluses. Personally I don't like the looks of it so I never really considered it.(I think with an aftermarket cage they look 100X better)

Nautitwins2
11-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Could you fit two car seats back there?

djunkie
11-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Which one goes in the dunes better, anyone with a artic cat wish they would have got a rhino?
whats the good or bad, I read that the artic comes with 14'' of travel stock
and that it's faster on flat ground
whats the real deal :confused:
GO DRIVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!! Your decision will be easy after that.

djunkie
11-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Do you know the story behind this? 2 young girls driving in it. Only protection were lap belts. Get all the facts before you make assumptions. :rolleyes: :rollside:

sigepmock
11-28-2006, 01:11 PM
I want to apologize for making you drink 48 beers and call all Artic Cat owners fags :p :crossx:
Next time I will try and control your actions better:D
No I blame you guys for bringing him along...and getting him all liquored up...... :crossx: I made fun of Big Doug all day and he didn't try to fight me :)
Hell you guys made fun of all the Artic Cats and Rangers too......
Back on topic. I think you can fit two car seats in most of the fourseater cages. We put ours in the center just case we ever did roll over...there's less chance of little arms flying out and getting rolled over.
If we get to the point of putting two kids in back we'll look into nets or wrist restraints for the kids.

Cole Trickle
11-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Could you fit two car seats back there?
Car seats for kids?
All of the side X sides have a very small bed that people are mounting seats in.(You could put 2 kids seats in a rear aftermarket bench)
I personally would not put anybody that was over 50lbs in the back as it does effect the handling..

That Guy
11-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Do you know the story behind this? 2 young girls driving in it. Only protection were lap belts. Get all the facts before you make assumptions. :rolleyes: :rollside:
:rolleyes: :idea:

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Gee wiz so you think a 13 year old girl in a jeep would be any safer?
Or driving over the edge of an embankment into the coachella canal with your jeep and drowning :eek: . What was the other one? driving it DOWN an embankment and gassing it while making a sharp left turn :messedup: that was probablly unsafe condition & beyond the 18 year old girls capabilities?
I think most of the accidents fatalities are driver error/driving beyond thier skills and or too fast for conditions.
Then you have to factor in the parents who think this is not a vehicle and think it's a toy and cut thier kids loose in them,would you put your kids in a jeep and say go have fun?Hell no cause the same thing would happen.
By the way congrats on the jeep now go get it dirty and keep the rubber down. :rollside:
What I am saying is
THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I WOULD PUT MY KIDS IN THE BACKOF ANY OF THOSE.
They are way to dangerous.
AND yes jeeps can roll also and I do not plan on doing High Speed turns in my jeep or boat

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Need a tampon and a midol I see:rolleyes:

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Pointless debate....
I would wager that there have been just as many injuries/fatalities per unit sold of Jeeps vs. Rhinos, Rangers and Artic Cats.
A jeep will not handle a highspeed turn any better than a sideXside.(Jeeps would be worse)
Stupidity will kill/hurt you no matter what your driving.
Very true! :yuk: We see it all the time...even here at the shop! :220v:
Speaking of that....call me Mr!

djunkie
11-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Need some new glasses to see the truth? :rolleyes: :rollside: :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2006, 02:07 PM
That wasn't very nice... :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Need some new glasses to see the truth? :rolleyes: :rollside: :rollside:
No I can see just fine that they are dangerous and not meant for 4 ,FOUR, QUATRO people

sigepmock
11-28-2006, 02:12 PM
What I am saying is
THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I WOULD PUT MY KIDS IN THE BACKOF ANY OF THOSE.
They are way to dangerous.
AND yes jeeps can roll also and I do not plan on doing High Speed turns in my jeep or boat
I've been around Jeeps my whole life and Rhino's now for the last few years. I can honestly say that Jeeps are just as dangerous as Rhinos, especially concerning rear passengers. The rear cage of the Jeep is painfully short and I've seen lots of rear passengers get hurt in stock Jeeps because the owner over estimated the ability of the Jeep and the protection the rear cage offers.
I think the problem with Rhino's right now is that they are a fad and many un-educated or unskilled operators are picking these things up and going out and pushing them beyond there limits.....just like when the Suzuki Samuri's came out....too many poeple running out and buying them and getting themselves hurt.
We've never rolled our Rhino or even come close...but both my wife and I are experienced off-roaders....does that mean it can't happen ....no that's why we added the full cage and won't carry anybody over 80 lbs or so in the back seat.
Is it a risk? Yes....
Is it just as risky as in a Jeep? In my opinion yes....from experience I can say I have been much closer to rolling a Jeep in the dunes than I ever had in my Rhino.
I know everyone get's all out of shape about these things but Rhino's, ATV's, motorcycles, Jeeps, fast boats, Seadoo's....they are all inherently dangerous....espcially in the hands of untrained and un educated operators. Rhino's just happen to be the new "hot" thing right now that all the newbies are running out and buying. They are going to continue to get hurt in them....until the next "hot" thing comes along.
Just my $.02,
Chris

djunkie
11-28-2006, 02:12 PM
No I can see just fine that they are dangerous and not meant for 4 ,FOUR, QUATRO people
I agree. Thats one of the reasons why I got it. I don't want passengers to be liable for. I had a friend roll his Jeep cause some lady turned in front of him. 2 of my friends ended up hospitilized over it. One with a fracture in his back and the other with a broken hand.

djunkie
11-28-2006, 02:14 PM
I've been around Jeeps my whole life and Rhino's now for the last few years. I can honestly say that Jeeps are just as dangerous as Rhinos, especially concerning rear passengers. The rear cage of the Jeep is painfully short and I've seen lots of rear passengers get hurt in stock Jeeps because the owner over estimated the ability of the Jeep and the protection the rear cage offers.
I think the problem with Rhino's right now is that they are a fad and many un-educated or unskilled operators are picking these things up and going out and pushing them beyond there limits.....just like when the Suzuki Samuri's came out....too many poeple running out and buying them and getting themselves hurt.
We've never rolled our Rhino or even come close...but both my wife and I are experienced off-roaders....does that mean it can't happen ....no that's why we added the full cage and won't carry anybody over 80 lbs or so in the back seat.
Is it a risk? Yes....
Is it just as risky as in a Jeep? In my opinion yes....from experience I can say I have been much closer to rolling a Jeep in the dunes than I ever had in my Rhino.
I know everyone get's all out of shape about these things but Rhino's, ATV's, motorcycles, Jeeps, fast boats, Seadoo's....they are all inherently dangerous....espcially in the hands of untrained and un educated operators. Rhino's just happen to be the new "hot" thing right now that all the newbies are running out and buying. They are going to continue to get hurt in them....until the next "hot" thing comes along.
Just my $.02,
Chris
Thats was more like $.03 Chris. But all very true.

Cole Trickle
11-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Speaking of that....call me Mr!
I would rather call you sexy!!:D :crossx:
Where are you at?

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
What is the big concern here of roll overs, back seats etc etc.
I have a full back seat in our Artic Cat and have put 2 full size adults in there and driven in the dirt and to site 6........... if your slow and safe and not showing off or stupid you won't flip over its that simple, i drive very conservative and won't risk injury to myself or occupants nor do i want to tear up my Cat............................................... .........Don't worry about what others say !! go out and enjoy life for what it is !! :)

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Chris, i almost forgot, i wanted to kick your ass so bad for dogging on my Cat but i could've just verbally assaulted you instead............................. :) :)

djunkie
11-28-2006, 02:30 PM
What is the big concern here of roll overs, back seats etc etc.
I have a full back seat in our Artic Cat and have put 2 full size adults in there and driven in the dirt and to site 6........... if your slow and safe and not showing off or stupid you won't flip over its that simple, i drive very conservative and won't risk injury to myself or occupants nor do i want to tear up my Cat............................................... .........Don't worry about what others say !! go out and enjoy life for what it is !! :)
You have to understand something here Doug. A lot of the people here are quick to jump out against anything new. Everyone has different opinions and it being the internet they let them fly. Some like them and some don't. And the ones who don't like to run with it when they hear of accidents with them.

djunkie
11-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Chris, i almost forgot, i wanted to kick your ass so bad for dogging on my Cat but i could've just verbally assaulted you instead............................. :) :)
Plus you would have a hard time cathcing up to him in the Slow Cat. I mean Artic cat. LOL!!!!!!!! J/K :crossx: :crossx:

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 02:34 PM
You have to understand something here Doug. A lot of the people here are quick to jump out against anything new. Everyone has different opinions and it being the internet they let them fly. Some like them and some don't. And the ones who don't like to run with it when they hear of accidents with them.
WRONG....
they are fun, But I will not let my kids get in them, let alone be in the back of one.....
Hell Seadoo's are also fun, but you dont see me owning one.....

That Guy
11-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Amen....it is just like anything else. Use some common sense, take things easy and don't care what the pot stirrers say....I really like Doug's philosophy of "who cares what other people think as long as you go out and enjoy life"...I paraphrased, but I think Doug is right on point...and for the record, I like his Arctic Cat.... :)

sigepmock
11-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks for not beating me to a pulp....... :) Man all fun and games until someone gets "feelings" :crossx:
Other than that is was a great trip....still makes me laugh when I think about it.....damn that was fun.
Oh yeah and I'll help hold DJunkie while you kick his a$$ :crossx:

That Guy
11-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks for not beating me to a pulp....... :) Man all fun and games until someone gets "feelings" :crossx:
Other than that is was a great trip....still makes me laugh when I think about it.....damn that was fun.
Oh yeah and I'll help hold DJunkie while you kick his a$$ :crossx:
My money was still on Carrie..... :crossx:

djunkie
11-28-2006, 02:37 PM
WRONG....
they are fun, But I will not let my kids get in them, let alone be in the back of one.....
Wrong? Whats wrong with my statement. I wasn't agreeing with him on the backseat. You wouldn't even get one if you didn't have kids. You don't like them. And thats fine. But don't knock us who use them and took the precutions to make them safer. Aren't you the guy who took a pic with his kid sitting on his lap while running 90mph in his boat? Ya that seems safe to me. :rolleyes:

sigepmock
11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
WRONG....
Damn Miguel I'm not sure what your point is about the Rhino's anymore but I've seen you drive your boat and get a little "squirrly"..... not sure if your kids were with you but I think maybe your arguing now just to argue. I've got no beef with you and Todd think's you're OK so I try to give you the benifit of the doubt but you lost me on this one.
Chris

Phat Daddy
11-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Rhinos suck!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

sigepmock
11-28-2006, 02:40 PM
My money was still on Carrie..... :crossx:
That is the smart bet..... :)

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Miguel, i think your job discription is more of a safety hazzard than if you were to go out and buy a rhino, cat, polaris, whatever and enjoy your surroundings, your so negative about these things as well as many others on here, however with you buying a jeep you have as much of a chance to roll over as any of us i guess..................................im glad you did get something to run around in with your family though. :)

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Wrong? Whats wrong with my statement. I wasn't agreeing with him on the backseat. You wouldn't even get one if you didn't have kids. You don't like them. And thats fine. But don't knock us who use them and took the precutions to make them safer. Aren't you the guy who took a pic with his kid sitting on his lap while running 90mph in his boat? Ya that seems safe to me. :rolleyes:
WRONG AGAIN,
I would buy one if i did not have kids and it would never have a backseat.
And yes That was me, and until you drive a boat equipped like mine, you will never understand.

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Damn Miguel I'm not sure what your point is about the Rhino's anymore but I've seen you drive your boat and get a little "squirrly"..... not sure if your kids were with you but I think maybe your arguing now just to argue. I've got no beef with you and Todd think's you're OK so I try to give you the benifit of the doubt but you lost me on this one.
Chris
Not arguing to argue, I just feel it is very dangerous to put your little loved ones in the back of these things...
and yes i have been loose a few times and WHO HASN'T

djunkie
11-28-2006, 02:44 PM
And yes That was me, and until you drive a boat equipped like mine, you will never understand.
Now your just being a conceited ass. You have NO clue what boats I been in and driven.

sigepmock
11-28-2006, 02:46 PM
WRONG AGAIN,
I would buy one if i did not have kids and it would never have a backseat.
Wow the hipocracy continues....

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Miguel, i think your job discription is more of a safety hazzard than if you were to go out and buy a rhino, cat, polaris, whatever and enjoy your surroundings, your so negative about these things as well as many others on here, however with you buying a jeep you have as much of a chance to roll over as any of us i guess..................................im glad you did get something to run around in with your family though. :)
WHY yes it extremely dangerous, but it is just me on that thing, not my wife or kids. I don't want to see anyone get hurt in the back of one of these things that is all and unforuantely it is gonna happen. YES alot of people are jumping on the bandwagon with out doing research.
Doug, YOUR KILLING ME SMALLS

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Now your just being a conceited ass. You have NO clue what boats I been in and driven.
Sorry, until you drive a boat with twin engines with the best equipment and full hydraulic steering to the helm, which happens to be alot of boats out in havasu or other places, make you feel any better there turbo

djunkie
11-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Sorry, until you drive a boat with twin engines with the best equipment and full hydraulic steering to the helm, which happens to be alot of boats out in havasu or other places, make you feel any better there turbo
So theres no chance of an engine failing, steering failing, anything failing? If you say no them you are full of shit. Just cause it seems safe doesn't mean the risk isn't there. They same applies to Rhinos. I'm not arguing the fact about the back seat Kilr. I'm not a fan of them myself. I will never have a backseat on my Rhino, but you just have these things labeled as unsafe when you in fact own a Jeep that is potentially just as unsafe.

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Ok, now that we all agree that these things will only kill us us in due time !!
when is the next ride, miguel, you better show up this time with your oversized rhino :)

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 02:56 PM
I can tell you that my slow ass Cheatah is safe !! it cruises about 60 mph but my cat could be a little more dangerous however i drive it slow too. :)

OutCole'd
11-28-2006, 02:56 PM
I don't see why anyone is arguing over these fads . We will be flooding the markets with these in no time because none of us can afford them. :rolleyes:

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Amen brother !! :)

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 02:57 PM
So theres no chance of an engine failing, steering failing, anything failing? If you say no them you are full of shit. Just cause it seems safe doesn't mean the risk isn't there. They same applies to Rhinos. I'm not arguing the fact about the back seat Kilr. I'm not a fan of them myself. I will never have a backseat on my Rhino, but you just have these things labeled as unsafe when you in fact own a Jeep that is potentially just as unsafe.
I have had two drive failures at very high speeds. Foruantely I was taught what to do and how to handle this situation. Am I the best , NOT EVEN CLOSE.
But driving rhino's I have come close to rolling them doing simple stuff.
THEY ARE FUN PEOPLE, just not meant for family travel

Cole Trickle
11-28-2006, 03:05 PM
I have had two drive failures at very high speeds. Foruantely I was taught what to do and how to handle this situation. Am I the best , NOT EVEN CLOSE.
THEY ARE FUN PEOPLE, just not meant for family travel
I wanted to quote where he said they are FUN!!:D
Maybe next week he will only rag on them twice;) :crossx:

OutCole'd
11-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Amen brother !! :)
By the way Doug, I still have some of your rear bumper paint on the front bumper of my fad, would you like me to send that back to you? :)

That Guy
11-28-2006, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=Kilrtoy
[/QUOTE]
Miguel..I am wondering what you were doing "to come close to rolling them doing simple stuff". I haven't even come close to rolling mine and we have driven the hell out of it (witnessed by the Topock group... :crossx: ). I honestly believe if you use some common sense, these rides are pretty safe. I can't remember who said it earlier, but I honestly feel safer in the rhino than I have on bikes and quads as well....

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Miguel..I am wondering what you were doing "to come close to rolling them doing simple stuff". I haven't even come close to rolling mine and we have driven the hell out of it (witnessed by the Topock group... :crossx: ). I honestly believe if you use some common sense, these rides are pretty safe. I can't remember who said it earlier, but I honestly feel safer in the rhino than I have on bikes and quads as well....
Switzerland has spoken, I must have been jumping off cliffs and doing brodies at over 100mph.
maybe my simple is more than others simple

That Guy
11-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Switzerland has spoken, I must have been jumping off cliffs and doing brodies at over 100mph.
maybe my simple is more than others simple
That, young Jedi just might be the answer......... :p :rollside: ...and you still didn't answer my question....note to self, don't ride next to Miguel..... :crossx:

OutCole'd
11-28-2006, 03:54 PM
And if I remember correctly, your Rhino is kinda top heavy...... :cool:

That Guy
11-28-2006, 03:57 PM
And if I remember correctly, your Rhino is kinda top heavy...... :cool:
and my boat and my car and my ..... :crossx: :crossx: Somehow, I am ok with that..... :crossx:

OutCole'd
11-28-2006, 03:58 PM
and my boat and my car and my ..... :crossx: :crossx: Somehow, I am ok with that..... :crossx:
LMAO!!!!

djunkie
11-28-2006, 04:00 PM
And I have pics to prove it. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Oh, thats funny right there OC. :) ...............................(EMERSON)

squirt'nmyload
11-28-2006, 04:03 PM
LMAO

sigepmock
11-28-2006, 04:05 PM
LMAO ....Just spit Coke all over my computer with that one :D

That Guy
11-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Oh, thats funny right there OC. :) ...............................(EMERSON)
I swear I need to get her set up with a screen name of Emerson.... :crossx:

Todd969
11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
So anyhow :rolleyes:
The Arctic Cat has a few really cool features:
More clearance
larger bed
cooler under the hood
cup holders
alum wheels
control arm protection
speed out of the box
and my favorite: 1954 Case tractor seats :p
The rhino at a glance
Yamaha name
more of a sports car feel
aftermarket parts galore
Yamaha dealer on every corner
can go vertical and land on all 4
etc etc etc
My advise, go to each dealer and sit in them for yourself or get a ride from a buddy. If you're in Havasu I'll take you on the now famous Phat Matt\Sbark1 run :rollside:

2Driver
11-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Todd, you are supposed to be selling mine. :rollside:

Wmc
11-28-2006, 06:44 PM
we have a 700 xp ranger and stock they have more travel than the rhino and they are a little bit faster

GHT
11-28-2006, 09:47 PM
:rolleyes: :idea:
Hey, That Guy.... I can't PM you back... What up? Or do you know how to get a hold of Sbark1? :rolleyes: :)

GHT
11-28-2006, 09:51 PM
So anyhow :rolleyes:
The Arctic Cat has a few really cool features:
More clearance
larger bed
cooler under the hood
cup holders
alum wheels
control arm protection
speed out of the box
and my favorite: 1954 Case tractor seats :p
The rhino at a glance
Yamaha name
more of a sports car feel
aftermarket parts galore
Yamaha dealer on every corner
can go vertical and land on all 4
etc etc etc
My advise, go to each dealer and sit in them for yourself or get a ride from a buddy. If you're in Havasu I'll take you on the now famous Phat Matt\Sbark1 run :rollside:
Drive both (as everyone on the board is basically saying). But I chose the Artic Cat for two reasons... All the options that come standard, and (as Bigdoug said) the extra room for bigger guys. I'm 6'-0" and 195 the cat fits me perfect....
my .02.....

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Don, your that little............................................ ........ :)

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 10:16 PM
ROTFLMAO :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

djunkie
11-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Drive both (as everyone on the board is basically saying). But I chose the Artic Cat for two reasons... All the options that come standard, and (as Bigdoug said) the extra room for bigger guys. I'm 6'-0" and 195 the cat fits me perfect....
my .02.....
I'm 6' 2" and weigh 190lbs and I have room to spare in my Rhino. :crossx:
Actually I agree and have said many times, drive them all and you will know right away which one you want.

76ANTHONY
11-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Actually I agree and have said many times, drive them all and you will know right away which one you want.
6-2 my azz ya little fag your 5-8 and 250lbs at least :cry: :crossx:

BigDoug
11-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Who you talking to ?................................................. ...........oh, never mind :)

Eliminator 4 Life
11-29-2006, 05:31 AM
But the big question remains will it fit in the truck bed???
BRRRRRRRRRRR its cold here in NORCAL 24 degrees

2forcefull
11-29-2006, 05:53 AM
Thanks for all the on topic replys, well Ok, thanks for the off topic replys too, the were kinda intertaining. the thread was more than helpfull!!! I have land in northern nev. kingman Az, and meadview. so I wanted a u. t. to go exploring, but also we go a lot to the dunes. sounds like there really isn't any issues with either one.
no one in vegas has either the cat xt or rhino special.
I have decided on the cat for the wide track, and room in the front.
I like the locking dif. dealio and the looks of the cat xt so i'll be driving out of town to go get it.
thanks again for all the info
Steve.

Todd969
11-29-2006, 06:28 AM
Havasu Suzuki has atleast 3 Arctic Cats in stock.

BigDoug
11-29-2006, 06:53 AM
They have the cats in Vegas too (cheaper)

revndave
11-29-2006, 06:58 AM
We just bought a Ranger 700 XP.You can fit 3 adults in the front seat and it has great power stock.Only down fall is there is not alot of hop ups for it right now.

BigDoug
11-29-2006, 07:06 AM
I didn't like the ranger cause i felt like i was driving a tractor or bus, the steering wheel is almost flat with tilt to to it and the pedals were right under me, way too close for my comfort is all. :)

Eliminator 4 Life
11-29-2006, 07:09 AM
But the big question remains will it fit in the truck bed???
BRRRRRRRRRRR its cold here in NORCAL 24 degrees
AVOIDING THE QUESTION

OutCole'd
11-29-2006, 07:17 AM
AVOIDING THE QUESTION
I doubt it. The stock Rhino barely fits width ways, and the Arctic Cat is wider than the Rhino.

Todd969
11-29-2006, 07:29 AM
AVOIDING THE QUESTION
Only going to get a Rhino in stock form in the bed of a pick-up. No go on the Cat or Ranger.

djunkie
11-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Only going to get a Rhino in stock form in the bed of a pick-up. No go on the Cat or Ranger.
A Rhino with the 2+5 offset wheels like mine fits in the bed. But the max offset wheels will not fit.

2forcefull
11-29-2006, 06:39 PM
well I pulled triger today, bought the arctic cat. drove and compared the rhino and the cat side by side in stock form. to me there was no comparison
the vegas dealer didn't have any of the xt's and wouldn't deal on the price
don't buy one if it's not the xt. mesquite nv has a good selection plus he gave me the family deal tax paid out the door.

BigDoug
11-29-2006, 06:57 PM
How much for the out the door price ?

SummitKarl
11-29-2006, 07:08 PM
maybe in your pink 4" pumps :crossx:
190lbs...hahahahaha......165 wet MAYBE!!!! :p :)

revndave
11-29-2006, 07:12 PM
I bought the Ranger for performance.Out of the box they ride great and are the fastest.

GHT
11-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Yea, I might go a little heavier in the Winter to help with keeping warm.... :)
I need the shoulder room not the Height (Girth)... Just saying I drove them both and the Cat fit me better..

neverenuff
11-29-2006, 08:30 PM
RHINO all the way

djunkie
11-29-2006, 09:32 PM
maybe in your pink 4" pumps :crossx:
190lbs...hahahahaha......165 wet MAYBE!!!! :p :)
Believe it or not Karl I'm 190+

2forcefull
11-29-2006, 10:25 PM
well, so far I've put the canvas top, ITP tires, and lowered the rear roll bar 3 1/2" so it will now fit inmy box trailer[ door hight is only 75"} with out tak'n the rool bar off ever time :cool:

That Guy
11-29-2006, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=GHT]Yea, I might go a little heavier in the Winter to help with keeping warm.... :) QUOTE]
LMAO.... :crossx: :crossx:

Magic34
11-29-2006, 10:43 PM
I say Rhino.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16348Yanke_final_render_low_res.JPG

2forcefull
11-30-2006, 06:32 AM
I say Rhino.
can you buy that one for $10,400 out the door tax included

YeLLowBoaT
11-30-2006, 06:39 AM
can you buy that one for $10,400 out the door tax included
no, that might cover the paint on that rhino.

2forcefull
11-30-2006, 07:04 AM
here's what i bought, 10,400 out the door. tax included I went for the cat for the longer travel stock suspension, more power stock, and the man size seating, plus I think it has a good look to it.
I have no intension of letting little kids use it as a camp racer so the fact that they can't reach the pedels is great!
the after I bought it, done up grades were extra. the tires, the top and I lowered the rear roll bar 3 1/2"

2forcefull
11-30-2006, 07:06 AM
:cool:

Todd969
11-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Congrats :) You will enjoy exploring the desert and dumping a sh!tload of money into it. Do yourself a favor and get a spare wheel\tire.

sigepmock
11-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Congrats on the new ride. They are a blast to drive and go just about anywhere. Have fun and be safe.
Chris

2forcefull
11-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Congrats :) You will enjoy exploring the desert and dumping a sh!tload of money into it. Do yourself a favor and get a spare wheel\tire.
Yeah, good idea,
my plan is to try and not do any more to it :cool:
key word "TRY"

2Driver
11-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Looks nice. After all that crap about going spareless in my Rhino, I lost a sidewall 2 miles out standard wash last weekend.
First flat in 20 years of off roading doesn't it figure.

2forcefull
11-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Anyone buy'n one of these that wants to put it in an enclosed. the windshield
roll bar will clear 75" opening by about 1 1/2 ", you have to lower the seat roll bar 3 1/2" to clear the same as the front going up the ramp :cool:

2forcefull
11-30-2006, 05:20 PM
here's what i bought, 10,400 out the door. tax included I went for the cat for the longer travel stock suspension, more power stock, and the man size seating, plus I think it has a good look to it.
I have no intension of letting little kids use it as a camp racer so the fact that they can't reach the pedels is great!
the after I bought it, done up grades were extra. the tires, the top and I lowered the rear roll bar 3 1/2"
can any one make these pictures come up

djunkie
11-30-2006, 06:44 PM
can any one make these pictures come up
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20494
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20495
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20496
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20497
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20498
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20499
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20500

little rowe boat
11-30-2006, 06:45 PM
I have been checking out this which is better and I believe the Polaris Ranger out performs all of the others.

djunkie
11-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I have been checking out this which is better and I believe the Polaris Ranger out performs all of the others.
Did you go and test them?

little rowe boat
11-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Did you go and test them?
No, I have not, but I did find a website that compares them all and the Ranger came out on top.
www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/ranger/
Then click on beats the competition in head to head comparison.
You can select any model, rhino, arctic cat, whatever and then it shows a video of the head to head competition.

2forcefull
11-30-2006, 06:52 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20494
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20495
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20496
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20497
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20498
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20499
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20500
thanks DJ THAT WAS COOL!!!

djunkie
11-30-2006, 06:56 PM
No, I have not, but I did find a website that compares them all and the Ranger came out on top.
They all have their pros and cons. I've driven the Ranger and a Rhino so I hope to to seem biased. Powerwise I didn't notice much difference since I only drove the Ranger around a parking lot. But, the Ranger is a totally different breed. Its more of a workhorse. Seating sucked. Felt like I was sitting in a golf cart and the steering wheel was flat like a bus. Just didn't have the nimble feel of the Rhino.

djunkie
11-30-2006, 06:56 PM
thanks DJ THAT WAS COOL!!!
No prob. Looks good. Enjoy it.

little rowe boat
11-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Then click on beats the competition in head to head comparison.
You can select any model, rhino, arctic cat, whatever and then it shows a video of the head to head competition.
Check out the website.

2forcefull
11-30-2006, 07:12 PM
MYSELF, I think that they all were pretty nice,
I think that the ranger was the less of the sporty lookn ones,
the rhinos were the best and easiest to get up grades for
and the cat was the best out of the box.
since I had no plans of ever putting it in the back of my dodge pickup,
or anything else for that matter.
I went for the wider one with the longest travel

RiverRatMike
11-30-2006, 07:14 PM
I say Rhino.
I say Rhino too, and since I own one, I love it!

RiverRatMike
11-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Polaris suck! I see those things broke down all the time!

djunkie
11-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Check out the website.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelhead2head/487/0/head2head.aspx

little rowe boat
11-30-2006, 07:23 PM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelhead2head/487/0/head2head.aspx
I checked out the site. It does not show the head to head competition.
Check out the head to head on this site.

djunkie
11-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Put a CDi in the Rhino and its a different story

little rowe boat
11-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Put a CDi in the Rhino and its a different story
I don't own either, just considering my options. Stock head to head it appears that the ranger is the way to go.

djunkie
11-30-2006, 07:34 PM
I don't own either, just considering my options. Stock head to head it appears that the ranger is the way to go.
My only advise is to go and drive them. I knew what I was gonna use it for and the Ranger couldn't cut it. Its too wide for the back of the truck, uncomfortable seating, and nothing really aftermarket for it. Power wise I really don't think you'll even notice the difference. I didn't.

GHT
11-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Checked it out and it is very bias.... guess that's because it is a Polaris Site.. :rolleyes: Talk about reaching for straws.. Also, why did they do the speed test with the Rhino and NOT the Artic Cat? Guess it's because the Cat is 10 mph faster and they don't want to admit the defeat.. :rolleyes:
And there wasn't a coolness test. Which by the way it would lose in almost all competitions....

Eliminator 4 Life
11-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Fawk all these things Im going to buy a jeep tomorrow they wont stop makin a jeep after 4 years :mad:

Wmc
11-30-2006, 08:22 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2683IMG_2181.JPG I don't think mine is ugly :mad: I kick the crap out of a RHINO over Thanksgiving weekend. I was in Parker, was it any of you? :crossx: http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2683IMG_2174.JPG

Todd969
11-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Fawk all these things Im going to buy a jeep tomorrow they wont stop makin a jeep after 4 years :mad:
That's the spirit old man..... Post a pic :)

little rowe boat
11-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Checked it out and it is very bias.... guess that's because it is a Polaris Site.. :rolleyes: Talk about reaching for straws.. Also, why did they do the speed test with the Rhino and NOT the Artic Cat? Guess it's because the Cat is 10 mph faster and they don't want to admit the defeat.. :rolleyes:
And there wasn't a coolness test. Which by the way it would lose in almost all competitions....
The Ranger in the tests was a 500 not the 700 which is out and 10mph faster.
As for coolness to each is his own. :rolleyes:

2forcefull
11-30-2006, 09:42 PM
well , I say we start a street race and run um heads up :cool:

2forcefull
11-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Ya, :rolleyes: but will it fit in the back of your truck

vmjtc3
11-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey my phone is broke what did you have for dinner yesterday?
And how did you wind up in jail anyway :idea: :cool:

Eliminator 4 Life
11-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Ya, :rolleyes: but will it fit in the back of your truck
I went out and bought a kenworth so yes it does :crossx: