PDA

View Full Version : Chevy's Suck!

Southwest47
11-28-2006, 09:54 PM
I just wanted to get the attention of fellow ***boater's that may have a hook-up or suggestion on where to get a 6" lift for a Chevy 2500HD. :D
I went to a local shop and got a quote of about $6000 for a 6" with 35's including instal, +/- depending on my tire and wheel brand selection. Is this a good price, or should I look elsewhere?

QuickJet
11-28-2006, 09:56 PM
GOT MY ATTENTION!!! Sorry I can't answer your question though :rollside:

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 10:03 PM
That does not sound bad

hoolign
I just wanted to get the attention of a fellow ***boater's that may have a hook-up or suggestion on where to get a 6" lift for a Chevy 2500HD. :D
I went to a local shop and got a quote of about $6000 for a 6" with 35's including instal, +/- depending on my tire and wheel brand selection. Is this a good price, or should I look elsewhere?
Why did you choose a 6" lift?? What you need to determine is " do I wanna look like an off roader ..or be an off roader?" and 6 K is gonna get you looking like one! Check what you want your truck to do! Are ya gonna beat it...or pose? I see soooo many posers huckin a cheap ass rancho or pro comp on that it makes me cringe. I'm not knockin these companies..just that they typically chose the 'poser set up" ..figure out how hard ya wanna beat your wheels and talk to the rep... but for fukk sakes,,if your gonna do it ..do it right ...if you really want o off road there are a few peeps on here with great set ups!

vee-driven
sounds a little high, for a 6in lift with 35's, is it a 4x4 or 2 wheel, what kind of lift are you looking for and are you planning on running gay a$$ 20's or bigger.

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2006, 10:04 PM
:220v: Sounds a lil steep....who did you call?I just wanted to get the attention of fellow ***boater's that may have a hook-up or suggestion on where to get a 6" lift for a Chevy 2500HD. :D

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Why did you choose a 6" lift?? What you need to determine is " do I wanna look like an off roader ..or be an off roader?" and 6 K is gonna get you looking like one! Check what you want your truck to do! Are ya gonna beat it...or pose? I see soooo many posers huckin a cheap ass rancho or pro comp on that it makes me cringe. I'm not knockin these companies..just that they typically chose the 'poser set up" ..figure out how hard ya wanna beat your wheels and talk to the rep... but for fukk sakes,,if your gonna do it ..do it right ...if you really want o off road there are a few peeps on here with great set ups!
HE'S BAAAAACK! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

hoolign
11-28-2006, 10:05 PM
That does not sound bad
for the poser option! :crossx:

HavasuSelect
11-28-2006, 10:06 PM
sounds a little high, for a 6in lift with 35's, is it a 4x4 or 2 wheel, what kind of lift are you looking for and are you planning on running gay a$$ 20's or bigger.
I was wondering the same thing.

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 10:08 PM
for the poser option! :crossx:
he never said he wanted to go off roading he said he wanted tolift his truck....
and yes I agree when I was gonna lift my truck is was gonna be 15K without rims and tires.... and I was still gonna be a poser

hoolign
11-28-2006, 10:09 PM
HE'S BAAAAACK! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
tell me I'm wrong! Any 18 year old kid can throw a cheap ass kit on his truck and say"look at me" ..run that fukker over 100 miles of washboard..and it's "hello....AMA??? yeah I have 6 busted cheap ass shocks ...my rear end is on the ground..and i'm stuck!
hey baby :D

hoolign
11-28-2006, 10:11 PM
he never said he wanted to go off roading he said he wanted tolift his truck....
and yes I agree when I was gonna lift my truck is was gonna be 15K without rims and tires.... and I was still gonna be a poser
Poser option it is!

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2006, 10:12 PM
15K...Where the hell were you going? :crossx: Baha?

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2006, 10:12 PM
tell me I'm wrong! Any 18 year old kid can throw a cheap ass kit on his truck and say"look at me" ..run that fukker over 100 miles of washboard..and it's "hello....AMA??? yeah I have 6 busted cheap ass shocks ...my rear end is on the ground..and i'm stuck!
hey baby :D
ROTFLMFAO!

voodoomedman
11-28-2006, 10:14 PM
A board member just bought a shop in Laguna or something like that. I think it was Ultra27Jay.

Kilrtoy
11-28-2006, 10:15 PM
I was gonna redo the whole under chassis and suspension
and then I thought about it. That is why it received rims and tires and sits in the garage

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2006, 10:18 PM
I was gonna redo the whole under chassis and suspension
and then I thought about it. That is why it received rims and tires and sits in the garage
Got it. Seriously though....thats a lot Miguel.

hoolign
11-28-2006, 10:20 PM
If you can get into BAHA for 15K..I'm in! ...and I'll take 2. I just ditched my chev for a dodge mega cab, i have had it with chev. I ran em for 10 years.( and where i run..we don't pose) after 4 front ends a year and at least 6 sets of ( non warrentied shocks) I said fukk it! I ya wanna look good in front of wal mart..cheap out....but.. if ya are a dirt freak.and wanna do even the occaisional blast through some shit..spend the money! Kilr's prolly close on a half ass decent set for banging the bigguns ! if ya wanna have some fun ..ditch the chev..go single axle ford or dodge..jack it cheaper with less moving parts and run the fukk outta it!

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2006, 10:25 PM
If you can get into BAHA for 15K..I'm in! ...and I'll take 2. I just ditched my chev for a dodge mega cab, i have had it with chev. I ran em for 10 years.( and where i run..we don't pose) after 4 front ends a year and at least 6 sets of ( non warrentied shocks) I said fukk it! I ya wanna look good in front of wal mart..cheap out....but.. if ya are a dirt freak.and wanna do even the occaisional blast through some shit..spend the money! Kilr's prolly close on a half ass decent set for banging the bigguns ! if ya wanna have some fun ..ditch the chev..go single axle ford or dodge..jack it cheaper with less moving parts and run the fukk outta it!
Hows the Vicodin hun? :220v:

hoolign
11-28-2006, 10:32 PM
How do you like looking at the pics I sent you of my soft subtle nipples being fondled by my manicured fingernails, did you notice that I just finished masterbating by the glistening of my middle finger?? ? :220v:
ummmm yes mam! yes mam.......yes mam...yes mam :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
ummmm yes mam! yes mam.......yes mam...yes mam :crossx:
* I believe I hear Treena calling you* You are gonna get your azz beat! :220v: :rollside: :rollside:
So how are the wet dreams & vicodin? :220v:

hoolign
11-28-2006, 10:42 PM
* I believe I hear Treena calling you* You are gonna get your azz beat! :220v: :rollside: :rollside:
So how are the wet dreams & vicodin? :220v:
i;m dry as a popcorn fart! .. I'm at work..and she's at home with some door to door sales man..that convinced her he had to stay there for 3 days to make sure the dooors are still ok..fukkin blondes!
he he he he eeeeeee

vee-driven
11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
and if you want to be a real man call ORU and straight axle your chevy.

hoolign
11-28-2006, 10:57 PM
and if you want to be a real man call ORU and straight axle your chevy.
What ever!!!! that costs money :D :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
11-29-2006, 09:58 AM
i;m dry as a popcorn fart! .. I'm at work..and she's at home with some door to door sales man..that convinced her he had to stay there for 3 days to make sure the dooors are still ok..fukkin blondes!
he he he he eeeeeee
Is he selling her a vacuum???

AZJD
11-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Thats about right for that combo if you are using a higher quality rim and a lift that is pretty good such as RCD, FST

NOTALENT
11-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Sounds a little steep....does that include re gearing??? Someone here on the boards has a shop in socal....heard good things about him... www.sicklifts.com
I forgot the board name...he's the one selling Adrenaline boats now too.... :rollside:

voodoomedman
11-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Sounds a little steep....does that include re gearing??? Someone here on the boards has a shop in socal....heard good things about him... www.sicklifts.com
I forgot the board name...he's the one selling Adrenaline boats now too.... :rollside:
blackedoutf150 or f250 or something like that.

Southwest47
11-29-2006, 07:17 PM
To answer some of your questions:
I have a 2006 2WD 2500HD crew cab with the Allison/Duramax combo.
I want the 6" because anything higher would piss off my wife and kids when they have to climb in-and-out of it.
Although I do like the 20" look, I cant afford to pay $500 per wheel, so I'm going with a nice 17-18" wheel with 35's.
The price I was quoted was for a RCD or Fabtech brand lift. He told me it was $700 for instal. I'd rather not say where I went, but it was in Temecula and it had "off-road" in the title. ;)
To address hoolign's poser vs. non-poser question, I guess I am considered a poser, because my truck, that I work very hard for, will never touch the dirt. However, I have a bit of street cred, because as a young buck I raced with the best of them (Ivan, Walker, Roger, etc.) in Class 5. Needless to say, my off-road days are over...can't afford it anymore. :cry:
Thanks for all the info!!

ratso
11-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I guess I'm a poser too. I run welds with pro comp 33's and a front leveling kit. :idea:

ratso
11-29-2006, 08:01 PM
...and I don't want mud or dirt on my truck. :D

Wheeler
11-29-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm at work..and she's at home with some door to door sales man..that convinced her he had to stay there for 3 days to make sure the dooors are still ok..fukkin blondes!
I bet his name, is "Sancho"

Kim Hanson
11-29-2006, 08:32 PM
he he he he eeeeeee
I am not there Hooligan, I swear..........( . )( . )........... :p :D :D I just helped with the sprinklers :p

Kim Hanson
11-29-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm at work..and she's at home with some door to door sales man..that convinced her he had to stay there for 3 days to make sure the dooors are still ok..fukkin blondes!
I bet his name, is "Sancho"
It sure wasn't " Hanso " ..........( . )( . )..........or " KIMO "............ :p

Kim Hanson
11-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Seriously now, I have a Bronco with 33's and not lifted much...overloaders on the back and I beat the shit out of it...Now, why own a 4x4 and not use it for what it was made to do?...The people that have big kickarse lifted up trucks that never see dirt or off road is such a waste to me...like having a huge blower engine sticking out the hood and too scared to floor it...........( . )( . )......... :rolleyes:

4DAY4PLAY
11-29-2006, 08:49 PM
ROTFLMFAO >---what does this mean??? Im not a computer geek

roln 20s
11-29-2006, 08:51 PM
To answer some of your questions:
I have a 2006 2WD 2500HD crew cab with the Allison/Duramax combo.
I want the 6" because anything higher would piss off my wife and kids when they have to climb in-and-out of it.
Although I do like the 20" look, I cant afford to pay $500 per wheel, so I'm going with a nice 17-18" wheel with 35's.
The price I was quoted was for a RCD or Fabtech brand lift. He told me it was $700 for instal. I'd rather not say where I went, but it was in Temecula and it had "off-road" in the title. ;)
To address hoolign's poser vs. non-poser question, I guess I am considered a poser, because my truck, that I work very hard for, will never touch the dirt. However, I have a bit of street cred, because as a young buck I raced with the best of them (Ivan, Walker, Roger, etc.) in Class 5. Needless to say, my off-road days are over...can't afford it anymore. :cry:
Thanks for all the info!!
Great choice--I have a 06 Silverado HD 4x4 lifted 6" -- RCD kit with Bilsteins and 20" wheels on 35's. Talk to Jason (Ultra27Jay) on the boards-- he is now the new owner of Extreme Truck. Jason didn't do the work on my truck, but I have heard great things about them, plus from my dealings with him, I wouldn't hesitate. Don't give up on the 20" wheels--you can get some nice wheels for about $300 each.
Here is the contact info for Jason- 818-274-7770
Good luck.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
11-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Rollin on the Floor Laughing My F'n Ass off :)
Roln 20s

Kim Hanson
11-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Laymans terms.....Bling Bling Biatchs............( . )( . )..............Look at me, I can't even crawl into my truck now, sure is high though :p Im looking down at you though :p want to give me a hand with the ladder in the back please, I need to go to the LUE.....get the ideaer :D :D

hoolign
11-29-2006, 09:13 PM
...and I don't want mud or dirt on my truck. :D
well princess...you should buy a car! and leave the trucks to the swingin dicks :crossx:

Phat Matt
11-29-2006, 09:23 PM
How do you like looking at the pics I sent you of my soft subtle nipples being fondled by my manicured fingernails, did you notice that I just finished masterbating by the glistening of my middle finger?? ?
Who wants a new sig? :rollside: