PDA

View Full Version : My company 'Holiday' party...

Goad
11-29-2006, 09:37 AM
This is how pathetic the company i work for is....
This is a large global company....
---------------------------------------------------------
Greetings EarthlingÂ’s
The holiday party is approaching in light speed (which equates to 1,360,856.227 seconds away [Pluto terms]). To prepare for this voyage, the committee would like to remind you to reserve your space for a fun filled adventure.
This year the committee decided to try something new because the number of employees has increased and space is limited.
The adventure will include:
-Food
-Theme Sci-Fi, outer space, galaxy (movie based)
-Terrific Prizes and games
-Surprises
We would like a full space ship! The deadline to reserve your seat has been extended to Wednesday, December 6th.
Contact XXXXX XXXX or XXXX XXXXXX to reserve your space. Admission Ticket: $20.00
“Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles. ~Author Unknown”.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20456&stc=1
------------------------------------------------------------
This is in a conference room and they are charging $20 a person to attend!!!!

gqchris
11-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Dude that is too funny Goad, thank them for the laugh this morning, I neraly fell out of my chair!

voodoomedman
11-29-2006, 09:42 AM
See what happens when you start throwing holiday parties instead of Christmas parties! Tell them that the holiday is Christmas and not Halloween.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-29-2006, 09:43 AM
I put on my companies holiday shindigs. We have about 120 employees and we drop about $20k for our party and do not charge an entrance fee.
Don't go. :rollside:

thumbs
11-29-2006, 09:46 AM
"Training Sessions" - now that sounds like fun. Beam me up....lol

Goad
11-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Don't go. :rollside:
Don't worry, I am not going. Either are any of my coworkers....it's a complete joke.
And honestly, I think thats the responce from most of the company since they just extended the ticket purchase deadline out another week. They must be having some really bad ticket sales responce.
Just in case you didnt catch it the first time.....there is about 5,000 people in this company and about 75-100 people (if not more) in my department.

DILLIGAF
11-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Damn, sounds like you work with some major nerds....
Charging for the "Holiday" party is wrong any way you look at it. F THAT!
Do you get in free if you wear some stupid ass Spock ears?

yopengo
11-29-2006, 09:54 AM
F*** that $20 bucks. I wouldnt go either.

NOTALENT
11-29-2006, 09:58 AM
That is perhaps the gayest thing I have seen.....To top it off you have to pay $20 to go to this....haha....
Every year our company Rents the Newport Harbor Cruise boat that circles the harbor....Free food and Alcohol and casin and dancing....not bad...

voodoomedman
11-29-2006, 10:00 AM
My wife is an OR Nurse and the Anesthesia doctors put on the Christmas party every year. They pay out of their own pockets and it is done at places like you would have a wedding or prom or something. They usually ask for like $10 or $20 per couple but that is more because they are paying out of their own pockets and they don't want to drop 20 grand and not have people show up that say they are. It's kind of a commitment thing. If you pay for something you want your money's worth. So I can kind of see a minimal charge but $20 per person blows, also this is not out of someones personal pocket it is from the company so their shouldn't be any charge, and the outerspace thing is just downright stupid. What's next year Renaissance?

voodoomedman
11-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Holy crap. I just saw that it is at their work in the auditorium and only for an hour and a half.

Goad
11-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Holy crap. I just saw that it is at their work in the auditorium and only for an hour and a half.
oh yeah....thats the other thing.....ITS ON OUR LUNCH BREAK! :220v:

Red Horse
11-29-2006, 10:28 AM
How much you want to bet it is some new wannabe hotshot that cooked this up? Oh, I will plan the party! Oh, pick me! :boxed:

BALLSDEEP
11-29-2006, 10:35 AM
That really is pretty corny and I probably wouldnÂ’t attend either. But on a side note, be thankful that your company is at least trying to do something as corny as it may be. When I used to work for UPS as a driver all we got for our hard work especially during the holiday season was a turkey. A large global company everyone works their asses off and all you get is a stupid turkey and a pat on the back saying thanks we appreciate all your hard work.

syke-o
11-29-2006, 10:45 AM
oh yeah....thats the other thing.....ITS ON OUR LUNCH BREAK! :220v:
lol.. great motivation right there.. come to our lunch room on your lunch break and pay $20 for some hot dogs and a chance to win a star wars movie!! yippeee!!

91nordic29
11-29-2006, 11:24 AM
call in with an "eye" problem that day. "I" can't see myself coming in today! :)

Phat Matt
11-29-2006, 11:28 AM
lol.. great motivation right there.. come to our lunch room on your lunch break and pay $20 for some hot dogs and a chance to win a star wars movie!! yippeee!!
Don't forget the training session. You could learn something for $20 on your lunch break. :)

topless
11-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Sounds like you work for Verizon. :rollside: :rollside: LOL

syke-o
11-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Don't forget the training session. You could learn something for $20 on your lunch break. :)
true.. they always try to make it into some sort of training... maybe they will bring in a motivational speaker too, to liven things up a bit... :220v:

76ANTHONY
11-29-2006, 12:17 PM
who the hell do you work for? star trek or star wars, whata crock a shizzle. your lunch breaks gonna cost you 20 bucks, awww hahahahaha.....hell with dat shiat......dude thats some funny azz shiat there.....

unleashed
11-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Looks like they paid alot of money to have that flyer made...I mean with all the cool graphics and shiat! What a focking joke! you should show up as the woman with three boobs from Star Trek...except topless...that would be cool!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Gman
11-29-2006, 12:57 PM
John tell them to pay for your drinks and you will get the food, that should save you a few hundred dollars! :rollside:

mbrown2
11-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Sure you don't work at Dunder Mifflin Inc.? Sounds right up thier alley...:)

Goad
11-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Sure you don't work at Dunder Mifflin Inc.? Sounds right up thier alley...:)
nope :)
...i talked to more people at work and it seems like only management is going because the boss's boss told them its manditory.
Glad im not in management. :)

Goad
12-06-2006, 01:08 PM
update...
my boss paid for my ticket and making me go.....so much for boycotting this event.
looks like i will be in hell for 1 1/2 hours on the 13th...
i will post pictures/stories of this pathetic event.....