PDA

View Full Version : Laptop help

mxbundy
11-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi guys,
I have a Compaq laptop that is about 4 or 5 years old.
P3 chip 1.3 gigahertz.
The screen is developing a dark spot on the whole right side.
Can this be fixed, and is it cost effective?
I dont really need a new puter as this one works fine for what I use it for. Surfing here and running my quickbooks.
thanks
bundy

Cheap Thrills
11-29-2006, 10:42 AM
TFT screnes have a fluorescent bulb at the top that runs the length of the screne. They will start fading after years of use. Like an old shop light that gets dim on one end.
The only way to fix it would be to replace the screne. You can sometimes find replacements fairly cheap. I've seen some new ones on Fleabay. But unless you replace it yourself the cost of having it done may exceed the value of the laptop.
There's also a foil reflector strip covering the bulb that may have come loose partly covering the bulb.
Good Luck
T.

76ANTHONY
11-29-2006, 11:29 AM
pm marty722 or sumthin like that, he has deals on laptops and he fixes them up. check with him before ya spend a grip on repairs.....hes a cool cat..

mxbundy
11-29-2006, 11:34 AM
76anthony,
Thanks for the tip! :idea:

Some Kind Of Monster
11-29-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm a laptop repair technician. You can have that screen fixed without replacing the whole screen. PM Sent

76ANTHONY
11-29-2006, 12:12 PM
76anthony,
Thanks for the tip! :idea:
you got it, he sold me a nice laptop with everything i needed for like300 bones. hes cool. he usually has a couple. check spam for him...